ORAS OU Mega Tyranitar BO (Peak 1879)

Hello, everyone! What is up?

The ladder is coming to an end. So, today, I'm posting this amazing team, filled with creativity and underrated and forgotten threats, so that anyone who wants to try Mega Ttar can do that.

As always, I like to build around innovative sets, mons that have seen better days etc. This time, I went bulky offense, cause Mega Ttar goes hand in hand with that.

The team is based around Mega Tyranitar + Banded Dnite.

Here is a proof of peak:

Anyways, to the team, shall we?

Dnite was my first partner to TTAR due to its sheer strenght and wallbreaking potential, ability to kill fairies, good coverage and strong priority.

from the very beggining, I knew I wanted something to punish scarf Lando-T. As my Rocker, I chose Ferrothorn.

At this point, Heatran was a problem, as well as Bisharp and Weavile. Offensive Mew (the God set) was my choice here, cause luring is what this game is all about.

To put everything together, I added Suicune to take a physical hit (from lando, driller, Azu, Talonflame etc.) and set up: a second wincon.

Finally, I lacked speed. I wanted something that did well v. stall and I wanted to build a F/G/W core. I also decided to go for a Dark/Psychic/Fighting core, cause why not. And the Electric coverage. Emboar came to the team.

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
The main reason for me to build around this forgotten threat was that it 6-0s CTC Manaphy/Pinsir/Talon offense. Honestly, lead Ttar, DD twice on Azelf and the game is yours, granted you hit Stone Edge. Nobody in their mind thinks of checking this monster anymore.
Ttar is really so bulky it takes a scarf driller eq and retaliates.
Anyway, the set is standard for max destruction: DD, jolly, STAB and ice coverage to hit Lando, Dnite, Chomper and stuff.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
Next, Banded Dnite. The idea was to overload the opponent's physical wall as much as possible, while also having priority and being able to kill fairies.
Well, that is the very reason I run Iron Head: it deals around 80% to the average Clef on the switch in. It is a guaranteed 2HKO.
To get rid of annoying Skarms and Ferrothorns, Fire Punch.
Outrage to hit everything else (Rotom, Zapdos, you name it) and ESpeed for that nice late game cleaning/revenge killing.
The EV spread is to outspeed base 70 speed with a neutral nature, while maintaining a little bulk.
The gimmick thing here is Dnites ability. Most of the time, I lead this v. Medicham. Since medicham has no reason not to fake out, I just outrage and kill it. It works 9/10 times, honestly. Same with Lopunny and most Sableyes (which, for some reason, do not willo, but you need to have guts in order to outrage a Sableye turn 1).
Before someone says something about it, I really see absolutely no reason to run Multiscale on banded Dnite, specially when the team lacks hazard control.

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Vacuum Wave
- Earthquake

As suggested, you might want to try this EV spread instead: EVs: 84 Atk / 228 SpA / 196 Spe. It ouspeeds positive nature 80 base speed pokemons, such as gardevoir before mega, chandelure and altaria, whereas you'll be able to guarantee OHKO heatran, Bisharp and Ferrothorn, dealing more damage with your moves, which is pretty good, if you don't mind not ouspeeding Gyarados and Heracross before it megas. You can also run this EV spread: EVs: 56Hp/ 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 196 Spe. It should give you a little more bulk.

Some innovation, I present you the best Mew set ever, ladies and gentlemen.
I have used a variation of this set in some previous teams of mine
and it always works great.
Arguably the best movepool in OU and in the game (bar Smeargle), I present the Weavile/Bisharp slayer, based lord Mew.
That's right, Mew has acces to Vacuum Wave, which, you heard it right, can guarantee OHKO those 2 threats after rocks.
192+ SpA Life Orb Mew Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 229-270 (81.4 - 96%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
192+ SpA Life Orb Mew Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 265-317 (97.7 - 116.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Despite the fact that I like to run Expert Belt, I decided to go with Life Orb Mixed Mew this time, mainly to lure Heatran, which will switch in to Mew 100% of the times. Since I do not run EQ anywhere else, I thought it would go well on Mew.
Anyways, ice beam goes without saying (or does it =]), Flamethrower for pesky Scizors, Ferrothorns and Skarmories. If you want 1hko's, go mew. Lando, ferrothorn, Garchomp, you name it.
The given EV spread is to maximize my chances of OHKOing Ferrothorns and Heatrans:
192+ SpA Life Orb Mew Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 343-406 (97.4 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
64 Atk Life Orb Mew Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 380-452 (98.4 - 117%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
For my rocker, I decided to go Ferrothorn, mainly to punish Turn-Turn, specially from Scarf Lando (Jirachi could also have been a problem). Hence Rocky Helmet.
The rest is standard: Rocks, Protect to scout (which is extra important due to this team being weak to Specs Keldeo), Leech Seed for longevity and Gyro ball so that I don't become taunt bait and so that I can kill Gardevoir.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Oh, Suicune. So reliable and at the same time not really. This thing has won me so many games, but has been critted as much.
Just standard CroCune set, not much to comment, except for its amazing ability to beat amoongus and tangrowth, giving most stall teams a hell of a hard time. I mean, yeah, most stall teams have something to deal with it (Shedinja, Seismitoad, Gastrodon, Unaware Clef...), but it is really good at weakening stall teams in general, despite those mons.
Suicune is also my (very good) answer to Diancie.

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Wild Charge
Finally, Emboar. I tried to run subs/punch set, but the team really needs the scarf. As stated, I went Emboar mainly for its typing, providing me a good core, but this is the mon I would be willing to change the most, since it is not the fastest.
Anyways, it is a good mon and it hits hard enough, with very good coverage. Another reason I decided to run Emboar is its access to Grass Knot, to catch a Quag on the switch in (though, for some reason, I have never been able to do so. Go figure stall players...).
All in all, it pairs well enough with suicune.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts/Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Sleep Talk
To lure opponents even further, I was running Scarf heracross, for them to assume that was my mega, but I ended changing it for emboar.

A huge threat to the team is the oh-so-common specs Keldeo. 1 crit and suicune is gone, nothing can revenge it and people are playing it well (that is honestly surprising). If it is Focus Blast specs Keldeo, i might as well click X if it connects.

Clef is also a threat, since the mons that hit it the hardest get locked doing so and fail to OHKO it (most of the times), giving it the opportunity to switch out. Alternativily, I can DD and try to hit Stone Edge for nice damage. Suicune can take it down, depending on the Clef (and on luck).

Shedinja Stall is the worst, due to its ability to wall suicune, trap emboar and ttar and be all in all a pain in the ass. Stupid "wonder trio". My best advice is to not expect anything good or smart from people who run this: bet on the misplay, bet they'll go Shedinja on Dnite even though there is this thing called Fire Punch, bet they'll fake out even though they can willo (after all, lum Dnite is a thing) etc.

Medicham can be dealt with ferrothorn (the nice 50/50 protect on hjk) or trying your luck with an outrage to the face on fake out. Emboar outspeeds and OHKOs it. Still, its ability to switch in and out and to punch holes is reason enough to consider it a threat.

As for minor threats...

I guess I can mention M-Gardevoir, since it outspeeds the majority of my team, hitting hard. Ferrothorn lives a Focus Blast, Emboar can Revenge, ESpeed does a lot to it. Same goes for M-Heracross: it doesn't live too long during the match, but it is capable of weakening the squad.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-459058453 (the power of mew, as recognized by the opponent).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-458925067 (v. sand).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-458884260 (v. talon stall - I lost to this guy on another game 6-0d).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-458689827 (v. stall - yep, that is my luck. I lost to this guys stupidty).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-458466610 (v. semi stall or whatever).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-458437485 (suicune putting work).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-458431123 (v. CTC pinsir HO).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457006140 (this guy haxed me like anything).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456849638 (beating amoongus is so satisfying).

Team overview
I'm amazed I got to top 50 with an Emboar team.
Most of those points i'd say come from Mew, luring everything there is to lure, and from Suicune, being the absolute tank wincon it is.
Still, the combination of Ttar and Dnite is very very threatning.
I guess the team might lose some of its might due to the fact that I'm revealing these amazing sets.
All in all, though, it covers the main threats quite well, by wallbreaking and by not letting stuff set up.
So, yeah, be my guest to try it out, have fun and suggest improvements, cause I feel there is a lot of room for that.

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Mew @ Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Vacuum Wave
- Earthquake

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Wild Charge

Last edited:
Mad props on the mew set, I love mew so much dude and I've been looking for the eq set again, I wanted to know why run max speed on the lure set, setting it at 304 the extra Evs may lend a hand at closing those 87 percent Ohkos, lmk because I am running a team where stealth rock is not as important so I would like to Ko Weavile with out rocks. Truly awesome set, and great work making ttar shine!

This team is absolute fireflames, I love the Mew, and mega t-tar is something that needs more love.

I'm all for the spirit of lure anything whenever possible but I think Multiscale > Dank Focus is gonna have to be the head over heart change. Keld is real. But overall love the innovations in this squad

Mad props on the mew set, I love mew so much dude and I've been looking for the eq set again, I wanted to know why run max speed on the lure set, setting it at 304 the extra Evs may lend a hand at closing those 87 percent Ohkos, lmk because I am running a team where stealth rock is not as important so I would like to Ko Weavile with out rocks. Truly awesome set, and great work making ttar shine!
I feel like you should run at least 285 to outspeed Altaria, Togekiss and Chandelure, as well as Gardevoir before it megas. Running more than 295 is nice to hit Heracross if you need to hit it before it megas, but yeah, running 285 speed gives you 56 EVS to spend somewhere else. If you put 20 on Atk and 36 on SPA, you guarantee the OHKO on Bisharp and Heatran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)