Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Primeape - Primenite

Typing: Fighting ------> Fighting / Ground
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Anger Point / Defiant ------> Hustle
Stats: 65 / 105 / 60 / 60 / 70 / 95 ------> 65 / 145 / 60 / 60 / 100 / 125
New Moves: Mud Slap, Magnitude, Mud Bomb
Idea Process: I was reading about the origins of Primeape, and found out it's based on a baboon and an ape, which is fairly obvious. But, I also read further about baboons, because I was fascinated and found they live in savannahs, a primarily dry place. This is where I got the Ground-type addition from, and it certainly works well with Primeape, as it now has STAB Earthquake. Hustle was the ability of choice because Primeape, when angered, becomes very powerful and loses a bit of its sanity, which is the description of Hustle, more power, less accuracy. Then, I decided to make its Attack stat high, along with its Speed, because, well, it's fast! The Defenses were not increased much, while the Special Defense got a bit more of a boost. Mud Slap was an added move because baboons fling feces, well, Mud Slap! Magnitude was added to fit more Ground-type moves in, while Mud Bomb was added for the flinging of feces play. It didn't gain any new 'competitive moves', but what everyone has to remember is that this is also in-game as well, not just competitive. This is not overpowered or broken because priority still trumps it, and it has little room to set up Hone Claws, a necessity. It's also outspeed by many common scarfers. Finally, Hustle can miss, which can be crucial, if it were to be ranked, it would go to maybe B Rank on the viability thread, or even B-.

Thoughts, suggestions, input?

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

Arcanine

Typing: Fire -----> Fire
Abilities: Intimidate / Flash Fire / Justified -----> Prankster
BST: 90/110/80/100/80/95 (BST 555) -----> 110/110/100/150/125/105 (BST 655)
New Moves: Taunt, Volt Switch

Concept: When Arcanine Mega Evolves, it gains a massive competitive advantage. Its already impressive bulk boosts from 90/80/80 to a monolithic 110/100/125, letting it wall a plethora of special attackers in OU. In addition, it gets access to the excellent ability prankster, letting it fire (heh) off Priority Taunts, Will-o-Wisps, Morning Suns and Toxics to serve as an excellent annoyer. As if that wasn't good enough, it even gets Volt Switch, letting it escape from the battle on one of the many switches Prankster Taunt / Will-o-Wisp cause. In conclusion, Prankster Mega-Arcanine would become a major threat, and have a very interesting effect on the meta!

(putting in my 3 reserved megas soon)
You need to lower that HP back to what it was previously, if you're trying to make it more bulky then give it 10 in each defense and lower that HP

Mega-Arcanine (Arcanite)
Fire ---> Fire
Abilities: Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified ---> Intimidate
New Moves: Close Combat
90/110/80/100/80/95 ---> 90/120 (+10)/100 (+20)/110 (+10)/110 (+30)/115 (+30)

It's a police dog! Keep it Intimidating. I don't think Arcanine needs more moves to do its thing, it's already got Wild Charge to take out Water Types. I gave him more speed (Because Justice is Swift) and more defenses. His attack is already good enough. However, I did give him Close Combat, since that is one of the "signature" moves of the Swords of Justice. With this spread Arcanine can switch in on Physical Attackers and PUNISH THEM.

Primeape
Fighting --> Fighting/Ghost
Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant --> Mummy
65/105/60/60/70/95 --> 65/125 (+20)/90 (+30)/70 (+10)/80 (+10)/125 (+30)
New Moves: +Shadow Claw, +Phantom Force, +Curse

This Primeape is based on Babi, the Egyption minor deity. Since Babi is an underworld god, I made him a ghost type. (I couldn't find a way to incorporate Babi's raging erection though...) (Also I didn't know if there was a family-safe way to incorporate the whole "baboons are animal lust personified" that the Egyptians believed in) (Also my Google Search History now includes Egyptian Baboon Erection, so THANKS SMOGON.) Since it's now based on an Egyptian death god, Mummy felt like a natural fit. I gave him moves that would fit the whole concept too. Also now Primeape gets STAB priority attack now!

Mega-Arcanine (Arcanite)
Fire ---> Fire
Abilities: Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified ---> Intimidate
New Moves: Close Combat
90/110/80/100/80/95 ---> 90/120 (+10)/100 (+20)/110 (+10)/110 (+30)/115 (+30)

It's a police dog! Keep it Intimidating. I don't think Arcanine needs more moves to do its thing, it's already got Wild Charge to take out Water Types. I gave him more speed (Because Justice is Swift) and more defenses. His attack is already good enough. However, I did give him Close Combat, since that is one of the "signature" moves of the Swords of Justice. With this spread Arcanine can switch in on Physical Attackers and PUNISH THEM.

Primeape
Fighting --> Fighting/Ghost
Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant --> Mummy
65/105/60/60/70/95 --> 65/125 (+20)/90 (+30)/70 (+10)/80 (+10)/125 (+30)
New Moves: +Shadow Claw, +Phantom Force, +Curse

This Primeape is based on Babi, the Egyption minor deity. Since Babi is an underworld god, I made him a ghost type. (I couldn't find a way to incorporate Babi's raging erection though...) (Also I didn't know if there was a family-safe way to incorporate the whole "baboons are animal lust personified" that the Egyptians believed in) (Also my Google Search History now includes Egyptian Baboon Erection, so THANKS SMOGON.) Since it's now based on an Egyptian death god, Mummy felt like a natural fit. I gave him moves that would fit the whole concept too. Also now Primeape gets STAB priority attack now!
Just so you know, RK9 already has Close Combat. ;)

Ok time for my ideas:
Mega Arcanine

Type: Fire --> Fire / Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate / Flash Fire / Justified --> Defiant
Stats:
Hp: 90 --> 90 ( +0 )
Attack: 110 --> 145 ( +35 )
Defense: 80 --> 90 ( +10 )
Sp. Atk: 100 --> 125 ( +25 )
Sp. Def: 80 --> 90 ( +10 )
Speed: 95 --> 115 ( +20 )
Moves: Final Gambit, Bulk Up

So Arcanine has been ignored OU status time in time again because of it's speed and typing, however this mega Arcanine changes that to give it another chance in the world of OU. It's typing changes from Fire to Fire Fighting. I chose Fire Fighting because he is a loyal dog and he would definitely fight for his trainer, he also gets several Fighting type attacks like Reversal and Close Combat which makes it a more believable typing. He also loses his Stealth Rock weakness which is cool.

Upon mega evolving Arcanine's ability changes to Defiant. Seeing as how Defiant is commonly an ability for Fighting Pokemon or Pokemon that would look like they would defend their trainer with their own live it seemed like a perfect fit for Mega Arcanine.

All it's stats except for Hp increase upon mega evolving. The main boosts are given to it's attack and special attack because Fighting and Fire types are almost always seen as more offensive types and Arcanine just so happens to be both of those types. It gets a minor boost in defenses and also a good boost in it's speed stat. It gets quite a few extra points in it's speed stat because it's Pokedex entries say that it can run 6200 miles in one day and one night which would be a bit impossible with such a mediocre base 95 speed. While this Mega Arcanine may seem overpowered keep in mind that it can't use an item to boost it's attack, special attack and speed even more and that common Pokemon like Greninja and Alakazam can revenge kill it.

Now for the moves and how it would look. The new moves it gets are Final Gambit and Bulk Up to showcase more of it's Fighting type and give it some more FIghting attacks. While Final Gambit isn't really the most useful move and is more of a gimmick it just needed some more Fighting moves hence why I chose it. Bulk Up however is the main deal here. Bulk Up can turn Arcanine into a great wallbreaker with good defense in just a few turns. Arcanine also lacked set up moves like Nasty Plot and Swords Dance and Bulk Up is a Fighting type move so I gave it to him. For it's design I am not really sure how it would look. Probably the treatment Gamefreak gave to quite a few mega evolution's where they just make it flashier and cooler while still maintaining the old design.

Mega Golem

Type: Rock / Ground --> Rock / Steel
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil --> Bulletproof
Stats:
Hp: 80 --> 80 ( +0 )
Attack: 120 --> 130 ( +10 )
Defense: 130 --> 175 ( +45 )
Sp. att: 55 --> 55 ( +0 )
Sp. def: 65 --> 100 ( +35 )
Speed: 45 --> 55 ( +10 )
Moves: Recover, Rapid Spin

Ever since generation 2 Golem hasn't really had use in OU which is sad because it looks really cool. I am not sure if this mega evolution will make it viable enough in OU but I am doing it anyway. Similar to Steelix Golem's type changes to Rock and Steel because it's body becomes hard as metal when it has been underground for that long. The added Steel typing would also give it a ton of extra resistances but sadly it also gains a few deadly weaknesses because of it's added Steel type.

The ability changes to Bulletproof which is a perfect fit for it in my opinion. Golem's Pokedex suggests that it can even withstand dynamite blasts and Bulletproof is the closest thing to anti dynamite armor. In competitive play this would also really help it as Focus Blast will now no longer be it's graveyard anymore and now it can actually switch in on Focus Blasts. It also a full stop to any Gengar that doesn't have Will-O-Wisp which is cool.

It's stats try to make Golem as defensive as possible while still giving it a slight attack boost. It's defense and special defense get the biggest boost at a whopping extra 45 and 35 points respectively. These extra defenses will make Golem a big tank he always wanted to be. Golem also gets a minor boost to it's attack buffing it to a base 130 attack stat and it's speed also gets a slight boost when mega evolving.

Onto the new moves, first of all we have Recover. While Recover may seem overpowered and unfitting for Mega Golem hear me out. In Soul Silver the Pokedex says Golem blows itself up to go from mountain to mountain. This means Golem can recover from to explosion to go from mountain to mountain, hence why I gifted it the move Recover. It also gives a much needed recovery option to the Golem line outside of Rest. Rapid Spin is the second move and quite a few others also suggested Rapid Spin. The main reason is that many other Ground and Rock Pokemon have gotten Rapid Spin and Golem also deserves it. There has also been a Rapid Spin Geodude event somewhere around the time of Gold, Silver and Crystal which gives it more reason. Mega Golem design wise would probably look similar to Golem now but instead the rock skin has replaced itself with an coat of iron. This could also make sense as Golem sheds it's skin once a year and one year he may have grown an iron skin.

Let me know what you guys think of these :)

Arcanine

Typing: Fire -----> Fire
Abilities: Intimidate / Flash Fire / Justified -----> Prankster
Stats: 90/110/80/100/80/95 (BST 555) -----> 90/120/105/105/125/110 (BST 655)
New Moves: Taunt, Volt Switch

Concept: When Arcanine Mega Evolves, it gains a massive competitive advantage. Its already impressive bulk boosts from 90/80/80 to a monolithic 90/105/125, letting it wall a plethora of special attackers in OU. In addition, it gets access to the excellent ability prankster, letting it fire (heh) off Priority Taunts, Will-o-Wisps, Morning Suns and Toxics to serve as an excellent annoyer. As if that wasn't good enough, it even gets Volt Switch, letting it escape from the battle on one of the many switches Prankster Taunt / Will-o-Wisp cause. In conclusion, Prankster Mega-Arcanine would become a major threat, and have a very interesting effect on the meta!

Magmortar

Typing: Fire -----> Fire / Dragon
Abilities: Flame Body / Vital Spirit -----> Mega Launcher
Stats: 75/95/67/125/95/83 (BST 540) -----> 75/110/90/160/110/95 (BST 640)
New Moves: Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere

Concept: Mega Magmortar makes use of everything it has in this design. With it, Mega Magmortar becomes a ridiculously powerful wallbreaker, using its wonderful STAB attacks, Mega Launcher and ludicrously high Special Attack eclipsing even that of Mega Charizard Y and Reshiram! (Dragon typing may not fit with flavor, but I just imagined it, fueled with rage at its low usage compared to Electivire, Mega Evolving into a ferocious dragon to get the kids to finally use it). This thing is incredible; it 2HKOs 252/252+ Heatran with Aura Sphere, nearly OHKOs Multiscale Dragonite, outdamages +1 MegaZard X, etc.

Electivire

Typing: Electric -----> Electric / Fighting
Abilities: Motor Drive / Vital Spirit -----> Protean
Stats: 75/123/67/95/85/95 (BST 540) -----> 75/145/90/125/90/115 (BST 640)
New Moves: Close Combat, Play Rough

Concept: I've always imagined Electivire as a very combatant, up-in-your-face fighting Pokemon; this Fighting-type seeks to make that a reality. With excellent 135/125 mixed attacking stats, in addition to Protean, Electivire hits far harder than it could in its regular form; its coverage is no longer the subject of many jokes, but a dangerous weapon.
tl;dr too much coverage, broken mon

Swoobat

Typing: Psychic / Flying -----> Psychic / Flying
Abilities: Unaware / Klutz / Simple --> Simple
Stats: 67/57/55/77/55/114 (BST 425) -----> 67/57/95/112/70/124 (BST 525)
New Moves: Earth Power, Hurricane

Concept: While maintaining its niche of Simple + Calm Mind, Swoobat gains a few new tools. First, and most obviously, its Speed surges up to 124, letting it keep pace with or outspeed most of the OU metagame, such as Greninja, the Charizards, the Musketeers, and more. With Hurricane, Swoobat can destroy the meta at +2, tearing apart even resisted targets with the sheer power of this move. It can also use Earth Power as excellent coverage in this meta, hitting Bisharp and Heatran hard; Heat Wave is still usable to hit Skarmory and Bisharp.

Tagging acestriker19 to make sure these are all balanced!
The Pizza Man, thank you for reminding me about the HP in my spreads! Fixed.
Don't take this the wrong way, the ideas are all really cool. But right now we're only doing Primeape, Arcanine, Golem, and Slowbro right now. If you reserved anything else before reservations stopped, you're supposed to PM acestriker19.

No new reservations, no submissions besides the approved ones for the day. There's a list a few pages back, please take time to look.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Arcanine

Fire ----> Fire
Intimidate / Flash Fire / Justified ----> Drought
90 / 110 / 80 / 100 / 80 / 95 (555) ----> 90 / 110 / 125 / 100 / 125 / 105 (655)
New Moves: Glare
The Fire-type is such an underrated defensive typing, so I thought I'd give Arcanine a more defensive presence rather than an offensive one. Morning Sun really provides it with longevity, recovering 2/3 of its health back, and backed by 90 / 125 / 125 defenses, Arcanine's going to last a while in battle. The newly added Glare gives Arcanine a niche as a flexible status abuser, providing greater support for its teammates. Arcanine is unique among sturdy walls in that it can hit back hard with sun-powered STAB attacks.

Bulletproof Golem! Why did that slip my mind? Good one, Snotjoch.

Typing: Rock/Ground -----> Rock
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Bulletproof
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/140/190/65/95/25
New moves: Rock Wrecker (Head Smash? Would like some feedback about this one)
qq was I not good enough for you

In all seriousness though, I think that Bulletproof Golem is perfect, since Bulletproof conveniently makes it immune to virtually all common special Fighting attacks, and many Grass ones as well. I'm glad that someone else is exploring the concept as well, because I believe that it is one that could go in many different directions.

I'm sensing a lack of creativity on Slowbro so I'm going to submit my own:

Slowbro
Typing: Water/Psychic ---> Water (wanted water / normal but I pity bibarel too much to do that)
Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator ---> Regenerator
Base Stats: 95/75/110/100/80/30 ----> 95/95(+20)/145(+35)/125(+25)/110(+30)/20(-10)

Concept: As unflavorful as it may be Slowbro hates being psychic type as there are so many Pokemon Slowbro could wall if it just wasn't psychic type such as Bisharp and Aegislash. Regenerator is a fantastic ability especially for a pivot which is what Slowbro really is. The spread is pretty balanced but leans more towards defensive Slowbro. Slowbro can already do pretty well in OU but with a retyping it can do everything it always wanted to do. I would encourage more people to think about retypings for Slowbro as water/psychic is less than ideal.

I'm loving the very different directions people are taking Arcanine, Golem and Primeape though keep up the good work!

dawnmidst

I COULD BE BANNED!

Mega Slowbro (Slowbrite)
Type: Water / Psychic --> Water / Normal
Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator --> Adaptability
Stats: 95/75/110/100/80/30 (BST 490) -----> 95/120/120/110/120/25

First thing first, the reason I gave Slowbro Normal Typing was because of the awesome Normal moves it gets such as Belly Drum, Block, Body Slam, Double Edge, Me First, Slack Off, Yawn and more that almost every Pokemon gets. As for flavor Slowbro always seemed lazy and plain for me whether it was Psychic or not so I decided to change the type to Normal. Also competitively, Slowbro is pretty good on its own so if someone predicts the mega and goes for a fighting move and Slowbro turns out to be non-mega, than that would be a nice strategy to play around. For the ability I decided to give it Adaptability because flavor-wise Slowbro can live almost anywhere. It can live in the ocean, caves (technically a well but it counts as a cave), and even land (Safari Zone). Competitively Slowbro takes advantage of this by making its rather low for a mega's attacking stats much better when using STAB moves. Lets take a look at a set.

Slowbro @ Slowbrite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Slack Off
- Return / Double Edge
- Aqua Tail

The purpose of this set is to Curse up a bunch to get your Attack and Defense as high as possible, than hit hard with a Normal STAB and Aqua Tail. Slack Off is there just in case you need to recover health every once in awhile. For the EVs its best to maximize Special Defense because its the only thing you will need that isn't boosted.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't take this the wrong way, thr ideaa are all really cool. But right now we're only doing Primeape, Arcanine, Golem, and Slowbro right now. If you reserved anything else before reservations stopped, you're supposed to PM acestriker19.

No new reservations, no submissions besides the approved ones for the day. There's a list a few pages back, please take time to look.
Yeah, I reserved all of those before reservations ended (except Arcanine, he was for this portion) but had not gotten to them yet. Thanks, I'll PM them to acestriker19!

Here are my amazing(ly terrible) Slowbro ideas.

According to Bulbapedia, Slowbro draws inspiration from a few animals like the hermit crab, hippopotamus and giant salamander. One will be based off a hippo and the other a salamander.

I never saw Slowbro as Psychic type, which is why both Megas ditch the awful defensive typing.

Slowbro X (Slowbroite X)
Type: Water/Psychic -> Water/Ground
Abilities: Oblivious, Own Tempo (Regenerator) -> Water Veil
New Moves: Sand Tomb, Earth Power

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Def: 110 -> 150 (+40)
SpA: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 105 (+30)
Spe: 30 -> 20 (-10)
BST: 490 -> 590

One thing I need to explain is the lack of Regenerator: I wanted it to have a different ability because I'd prefer for both Megas not to have the same ability.
So I decided to do something very different with Slowbro and make it more physical an attacker than special. Now it has reason to use Curse and a decent physical movepool containing Earthquake, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, and Aqua Tail. No Rock Slide unfortunately.
As such, I decided on Water Veil, which prevent burns. To me it makes sense because of the animal it's based on; the hippopotamus spends its time in shallow water and mud. They are considered unpredictable and dangerous, amd believe it or not they cause hundreds of human deaths a year.
Hippos are pretty cool animals and Slowbro is a pretty cool Pokémon.

Slowbro Y (Slowbroite Y)
Type: Water/Psychic -> Water/Poison
Abilities: Oblivious, Own Tempo (Regenerator) -> Regenerator
New Moves: Sludge Wave, Poison Gas

HP: 95 -> 95
Atk: 75 -> 75
Def: 110 -> 140 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Spe: 30 -> 30
BST: 490 -> 590

In medieval lore, the salamander is an amphibious beast with a natural affinity for fire. It is not hurt by fire and can put it out with its own body. It is also highly poisonous, thought to be able to poison a fruit tree by climbing on it. It constantly breathes and otherwise seeps with this deadly poison, and the only way to kill it is to confine it in a space so it breathes in its own poison. That's the reason I gave it Poison Gas, even if the move itself sucks.

Further justification of Poison typing is in the Pokédex: “Naturally dull to begin with, it lost its ability to feel pain due to Shellder's seeping poison.” Also gave it Sludge Wave for the sake of strong Poison STAB which is actually useful now with the fairies about. It naturally gets Fire Blast to deal with Steel types.
Its new typing grants it immunity to Toxic, one of the greatest obstacles to Slowbro.
The typing also grants it new resitances to Poison, Bug, and Fairy in exchange for Psychic, and fewer weaknesses.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Anyway, I seem to miss the likability meter here, so I'll try again.

Mega Slowbro
Type: Water / Psychic
Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator --> Speed Swap (Takes the enemy's base speed stat and exchanges it with your own. The foe's speed will reset when its switches out, but the user will keep it until it switches out.)
Stats: 95/75/110/100/80/30>>>95/90/140/140/110/10
New Moves: Shell Smash

Concept: So the concept seems pretty simple, force the enemy to switch in a slow mon to anticipate a speed swap. What does speed swap do? It literally puts Mega Slow's craptastic 10 stat speed on the first pokemon it switches into (prioritizing the faster target in doubles,) and in doing so, it applies its own EVs and natures to adjust that base value. In short, even if you speed swap with Aero, getting 130 Speed, you still might be slow if you gave a negative nature and no EVs. Shell Smash can help but those decent defenses are lost in the process.

On the other hand, Mega Bro still needs to switch in and then mega. So its easy to anticipate it at least once and switch to the right counter (IE, your slowest mon.)

Mega Golem

Type: Rock/Ground
Abilities: Rock Head/Sturdy/Sand Veil>>> Spin About (User spins into combat, removing hazards from their field when switched in. It WILL take the effects of the hazards before it removes them so beware.)
80/120/130/55/65/45>>>80/155/160/55/115/30

Concept: Other than removing hazards without wasting a slot other than mega, what else do you need?! No seriously, tell me! I mean, to be fair, it does deny you access to Pinsir or Charizard, or what have you, but you're Volcarona's bestest friend even if there's a water weakness shared between you.

It needs nothing else, except maybe recovery, and I'd rather not give it too much switch potential.

Last edited:
These Golem submissions are nice and all (I'm rather partial to the Speed Boost one myself) but I think it's time we get a submission that's straight up balls to the wall.

Golem @
Golemite
Typing: Rock/Ground -----> Rock/Ground
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Reckless
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/135/180/65/85/50
New moves: Head Smash

LOOKS ENTICING, NO? LOOKS BROCKEN AS SHIET, AMIRITE?

Well no, I am not right. Reckless Head Smash coming off of a 135 Base Attack is total shit-your-pants worthy, but do you know what aint?

A godawful defensive typing, mediocre special defense, and shit speed.

So what we have here is an insanely powerful wallbreaker that shatters the likes of Skarmory, but is like the easiest thing in the world to revenge kill.

Reckless is still fairly flavorful as this thing basically attacks in the anime by curling into a ball and aggressively smashing into everything.

DAMAGE CALC TIME:

252+ Atk Reckless Mega Golem Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 190-225 (56.8 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

SCARY AS SHIT AMIRITE?

0 SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Golem: 436-520 (119.7 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

oh

not so scary

TL;DR Golem is now one of the scariest physical wallbreakers out there, but is not remotely broken due to low speed, mediocre SDef, and bad typing.

These Golem submissions are nice and all (I'm rather partial to the Speed Boost one myself) but I think it's time we get a submission that's straight up balls to the wall.

Golem @
Golemite
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Reckless
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/135/180/65/85/50

LOOKS ENTICING, NO? LOOKS BROCKEN AS SHIET, AMIRITE?

Well no, I am not right. Reckless Head Smash coming off of a 135 Base Attack is total shit-your-pants worthy, but do you know what aint?

A godawful defensive typing, mediocre special defense, and shit speed.

So what we have here is an insanely powerful wallbreaker that shatters the likes of Skarmory, but is like the easiest thing in the world to revenge kill.

Reckless is still fairly flavorful as this thing basically attacks in the anime by curling into a ball and aggressively smashing into everything.

DAMAGE CALC TIME:

252+ Atk Reckless Mega Golem Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 190-225 (56.8 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

SCARY AS SHIT AMIRITE?

0 SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Golem: 436-520 (119.7 - 142.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

oh

not so scary

TL;DR Golem is now one of the scariest physical wallbreakers out there, but is not remotely broken due to low speed, mediocre SDef, and bad typing.
Only 135 Atk? Fookin' casual. jk

Only 135 Atk? Fookin' casual. jk
OH SORRY LEMME FIX THAT FOR YA:

Golem @ Golemite
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Huge Power
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/255/180/65/85/50

252+ Atk Huge Power Golem Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 525-618 (157.1 - 185%) -- guaranteed OHKO

DOES THIS SATISFY HIS ROYAL MANTINENESS?

I (AS SHOULD EVERYONE) draw my inspiration from the Dex Descriptions, so for the lazy here they are:

Red - A Pokémon that has been admired since the past for its beauty. It runs agilely as if on wings.

Yellow - A legendary Pokémon in China. Many people are charmed by its grace and beauty while running.

Stadium - A Pokémon whose beauty is legendary in China. It is said to run gracefully and lightly, as if it were flying.

Running, hm? FLYING, HMMM? Let's see what we can work with here:

Mega Arcanine

Fire ----> Fire
Intimidate / Flash Fire / Justified ----> Quick Feet
90 / 110 / 80 / 100 / 80 / 95 (555) ----> 90 / 130 / 110 / 120 / 100/ 105 (655)
New Moves: Outrage, Agility, Bounce

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

But more of a bulky attacker, really.

Arcanine has always been a bulky mixed attacker, and here he still is, just a much better one.

He's got great mixed bulk, great mixed attacking stats, great speed, he's just fucking great.

Balance was what I was going for, as Arcanine has always been balanced. Unfortunately balance kind of went out the window in much of XY, venturing into a realm of extremes, but I do believe I've given THE Legendary Pokemon what it needs to excel in OU once more (plus he's hella bulky after an Intimidate, which is nice)

Last edited:
Arcanine
Type: Fire -> Fire
Ability: Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified -> Flash Fire
Stats: 90/110/80/100/80/95 -> 90/115 (+5)/90 (+10)/145 (+45)/100 (+20)/115 (+20)
I have seen many arcanine submissions, but they have all been physical. This is pretty much the same as regular arcanine, but it focuses more on his special attack. Not much more to say here.

OH SORRY LEMME FIX THAT FOR YA:

Golem @ Golemite
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Huge Power
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/255/180/65/85/50
252+ Atk Huge Power Golem Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 525-618 (157.1 - 185%) -- guaranteed OHKO

DOES THIS SATISFY HIS ROYAL MANTINENESS?

252+ Atk Huge Power burned Golem Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 575-677 (189.1 - 222.6%)

252+ Atk Huge Power Golem Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 216-255 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power burned Golem Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 258-305 (77.2 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

NOTHING CAN FUCKING SAVE YOU NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)