Tournament Mix and Mega: Stones Unleashed [Won by ihhca]

Diancite is ridiculous. How are you supposed to stop Diancite Lele? Things fast and Hits hard, and you can't Ekill it unless you get rid of that terrain. = Good Game
Blazikenite is okay, and its really cool on Lando and maybe xurk. They're almost unstoppable in Pterrain after Swords Dance/Tail Glow boosts. Combine these two, and boom bam you have a really good chance of winning.
I'm prolly late in saying this but good luck to all players, don't get haxd

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers
Diancite is ridiculous. How are you supposed to stop Diancite Lele? Things fast and Hits hard, and you can't Ekill it unless you get rid of that terrain. = Good Game
Blazikenite is okay, and its really cool on Lando and maybe xurk. They're almost unstoppable in Pterrain after Swords Dance/Tail Glow boosts. Combine these two, and boom bam you have a really good chance of winning.
I'm prolly late in saying this but good luck to all players, don't get haxd
Yeah, it has more reason to be banned this gen than last gen, with Psychic Terrain existing, so mons can't priority kill them.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
contacted but no response, prob won't be able to play except maybe on the Monday

e: opp also hasn't been on smogon since tuesday

Fardin

Tournament Banned
the cockiest and possibly worse best mnm player alive lost vs the esteemed racool. 2-0. misclicks and shit dark refresh Cm arc happend. ggs

Last edited:
Last edited:
My opponent simply doesn't have time to battle. Requesting a sub or whatever else you can do.

Edit: He messaged me in a conversation, which is why he wasn't showing up on my feed.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
My opponent simply doesn't have time to battle. Requesting a sub or whatever else you can do.
fat retard can you confirm? I don't see any messages from you to ZDL on either of your profiles, only ZDL asking when you can play.

We don't have any other people who wanted to sub at the moment, so you might just be able to take the win. I'll keep you in the loop, and if nobody asks for a sub in the next 24 hours or so you'll be free to move to round 2.

_________
In regards to other buisness... As per MacChaeger's suggestion I'm implementing a poll as to what to ban (besides Pheromosa screw that thing) next round.

Here's the link

You may notice I ask for your Smogon username: That's because I only care about you if you won round 1 the way to qualify for this sort of pseudo-suspect thingy is to win your round 1 matchup (or have them be so scared of you they run away and can't fight *cough* Zephyr Dragon Lord). Basically if you're in round 2 go ahead and vote! Otherwise please don't because it's more work for me to sort through it and figure it out afterwards. You can vote for as many options as you like. If you want to change your vote vote again and make your username [your name] 2 (or 3 or 4 however many times you change). Try to minimize changes for me plz.

I will make the ultimate decision, but will be generally sticking with what I get out of the poll. Not everything on there will be banned however. I guess I'll go through and discuss why I think each is potentially banworthy.

Psychic Surge is an amazing ability, not just for it's utility on Lele itself but for the team support it provides. Pokemon with Blazikenite and Diancite can be very difficult to stop with Psychic Surge up given that the -Atespeeders that would generally be able to stop them are outsped and OHKO'd. Tapu Lele is also hardly restricted to being support; running Diancite itself gives it 70/145/35/190/75/155 base stats with broad special coverage. With one time Psychic Terrain it can be VERY hard to switch into or even revenge kill, and can come in on predicted status or dragon moves or via a slow pivot.

There are of course downsides to Tapu Lele; It's lack of a pivoting move makes it much more difficult to properly support its team. Having a stone means no terrain extender which means that simply by stalling turns until the end of Psychic Terrain can swing the match in the favor of the opponent if they can then flatten the rest of your team with priority. Diancite makes Tapu Lele very frail, which means if it doesn't get the OHKO it's probably dying, especially with Aggronite in the metagame allowing more mons to successfully take on hits from Lele.

If you take a look at the replays posted so far you may notice a large number of Tapu Lele's, usually with Diancite.

Xurkitree is less complicated than Tapu Lele. It's strong, really strong, and with Blazikenite (or Diancite??? idk the bot has one of those) it can ignore its poor speed to sweep through teams pretty easily. Tail Glow allows it to boost it's SpA even further, making walling it VERY difficult. It's not exactly made of paper either;

252+ Atk Pixilate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree: 234-276 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(ev spread is mine, 252+ Modest, hit some speed tier I don't remember at +1, and threw the rest in hp)

Sure you can't sit there and tank hits all day, but it doesn't fall to pieces at the least blow either.

Of course Xurkitree's coverage is rather lacking, and abusing this with, say Sceptilite isn't hard. It also has absolutely no priority, and really appreciates Psychic Terrain support, which doesn't work amazingly when it takes several turns to get going and you only have 3-4 turns of priority immunity. However I think that the biggest weakness Xurkitree has is that the single most common pokemon in Mix and Mega, Primal Groudon, is a pretty solid check for it.

Diancite: Min/Max: Mix and Mega Mode. +60/-40/+60/-40/+60 stats and Magic Bounce is incredibly good. It gives overwhelming offensive presence to almost anything that slaps it on (hurr hurr Shuckle @ Diancite! That's why I said almost~) This wasn't really a problem last generation for the simple reason that -Atespeed is near ubiquitous in Mix and Mega, and Diancite's defensive drops make it extremely vulnerable to revenge kills. Now however, with Anti-Priority in the meta in the form of Tapu Lele this becomes MUCH more difficult.

Pros: +60/+60/+60, ability to ignore cons with right team support
Cons:-40/-40

Speed Boost allows slow, incredibly strong pokemon to boost their speed without forfeiting offensive pressure by wasting turns setting up or needing to expose themselves to attacks. Key offenders are Hoopa-U and Xurkitree. Basically Blazikenite takes powerful wallbreakers and turns them into effective sweepers / cleaners.

Of course some Blazikenite sweepers are revengable via priority... except when Psychic Terrain is up. Others have good bulk. Landorus-T is common and Metagross was used. Blazikenite also does not provide a notable boost in damage (+?/+? to offensive stats, but no offensive ability), and as such the mons that use it are not as troublesome for stall as other iterations of them, for instance Blastoisinite Hoopa-U.

I tried to be unbiased here, but I have no doubt I failed. Your thoughts are welcome, and your votes more so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
_________
In regards to other buisness... As per MacChaeger's suggestion I'm implementing a poll as to what to ban (besides Pheromosa screw that thing) next round.

Here's the link

You may notice I ask for your Smogon username: That's because I only care about you if you won round 1 the way to qualify for this sort of pseudo-suspect thingy is to win your round 1 matchup (or have them be so scared of you they run away and can't fight *cough* Zephyr Dragon Lord). Basically if you're in round 2 go ahead and vote!
Didn't notice you had to win, so ignore my vote. That being said, as a loser, I feel like Diancite should be banned. Diancite is brutally powerful, having only a couple reliable counters, and on Lele not even Ate-speeders can counter for a short while. Plus you can hold off on Evolving to pass the support on to another member of your team.
Though, I am also a casual player and lost, so my opinion may be worth nothing. Just tossing my 2 cents in.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Didn't notice you had to win, so ignore my vote. That being said, as a loser, I feel like Diancite should be banned. Diancite is brutally powerful, having only a couple reliable counters, and on Lele not even Ate-speeders can counter for a short while. Plus you can hold off on Evolving to pass the support on to another member of your team.
Though, I am also a casual player and lost, so my opinion may be worth nothing. Just tossing my 2 cents in.
Everyone's opinion is worthwhile!

I should be able to sort through who voted illegally ;P I just wanted to make sure that A) there was some sort of process for determining who could vote and b) that the people who would be effected by this would get to be part of the process.

Alright, I voted for no bans this round since I was unsure, but change it to Blazikenite after some testing. It isn't Xurkitree or w/e that you have to worry about.

It's freaking Kartana.

THREAT ALERT

I was keeping my eye on this one, and it's far and away Kartana's best set. Goes from fast to a blur in one turn, and mops up everything that thinks about running Diancite. And it also demolishes stall, as a bonus; Leaf Blade will do a ton to even walls that dual resist its STABs. In a word, it's kind of disgusting, and single-handedly turns the stone from 'questionable unban' to 'OH GOD THIS IS SO DUMB' levels. ...You're likely to see it in the next round of replays. Still has garbo Special Defense, but that's hardly an issue, since there's no special Extreme Speed.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Alright, I voted for no bans this round since I was unsure, but change it to Blazikenite after some testing. It isn't Xurkitree or w/e that you have to worry about.

It's freaking Kartana.

THREAT ALERT

I was keeping my eye on this one, and it's far and away Kartana's best set. Goes from fast to a blur in one turn, and mops up everything that thinks about running Diancite. And it also demolishes stall, as a bonus; Leaf Blade will do a ton to even walls that dual resist its STABs. In a word, it's kind of disgusting, and single-handedly turns the stone from 'questionable unban' to 'OH GOD THIS IS SO DUMB' levels. ...You're likely to see it in the next round of replays. Still has garbo Special Defense, but that's hardly an issue, since there's no special Extreme Speed.
uh
252+ Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 103-122 (24.8 - 29.3%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde (Pinsirite): 142-168 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey (Slowbronite): 272-320 (38 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei (Pinsirite): 90-107 (24.2 - 28.8%) -- 99.1% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Zapdos (Venusaurite): 80-94 (20.8 - 24.4%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 121-144 (24 - 28.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super (Aggronite): 46-54 (12.2 - 14.4%) -- possible 7HKO

252+ Atk Aerilate Zygarde Extreme Speed (Pinsirite) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 127-151 (49 - 58.3%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Entei Extreme Speed (Pinsirite) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 139-165 (53.6 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Genesect Extreme Speed (Pinsirite) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 130-154 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Aerilate Genesect Extreme Speed (Pinsirite) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 195-229 (75.2 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120 SpA Adaptability Infernape Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 316-376 (122 - 145.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
I talked with douglasfalcon some days ago about this and he said that he has no time to dedicate at this tournament.
If you want (and if i can), i can replace him
This works, unless DouglasFalcon wants to contradict anything that's been said. If you need an extension tell me.

The Ruins of Alpha me and jasprose are having some issues scheduling due to absurd time difference and both being really busy irl, we'll try to finish it by 1st but if not can we get an extension?

EDIT :: Nvm we finished it, won 2-1
Game 1 :: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7mixandmegastonesunleashed-31379
Game 2 :: He won
Game 3 :: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7mixandmegastonesunleashed-31381
No extension 4 u ;)
It would be nice to have the second replay, does it exist? If not, no worries, given that we have enough to determine the winner.

In general I'm paying attention to who is not showing up, but nobody will be granted activity until we're ready for round 2 cuz we don't have any subs left. Just keep me informed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)