Argenon (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Its a literal nuke with this set. Setting it behind screens as well or with good support makes this set extremely viable.Hyperspace the go to move ohko almost everything that doesn't have def investment. Drain punch to live longer, Gunk shot for fairs and fire punch for the situations where the kill is essential. Against threats such as Mega scizor and ferrothorn. If a team reference is needed to see see how well it works, check http://monotypeps.weebly.com/bushs-offensive-psychic.html

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Voting is now closed. The winner of this week is PK-Kaiser's "Steel Breaker" Hoopa-U. The Votes can be found below:

PK-Kaiser - 16
DaSpoofy - 7
Trewdrew - 0 (rip)

The new test subject for this week is....

Manaphy!
You will have 5 days to post an original set.​

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Manaphy @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest

I felt compelled to post a set for my little friend Manaphy and decided on a nifty set that can work really well late game. This Manaphy set features Acid Armor, which for those of you who don't know, raises its Defense by two stages. This, combined with Calm Mind can set up Manaphy to become an intimidating Pokemon with huge defenses, as well as an attacking presence. The given Speed EVs allow Manaphy to outpace Adamant Bisharp and Acid Armor against it, while its Special Defense and HP EVs allow it to take the least amount of damage from Mega Venusaur, as well as other Special Grass-types. The only major problem with this set is Manaphy's Four Moveslot Syndrome, which doesn't allow it to run Ice Beam with Recovery, or Rain Dance to heal off Manaphy's status infliction, causing Lum Berry to be probably the best option on it.

Physical Manaphy

Manaphy @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Hey Guys, Reigns here with a brand new innovative set :^). This set features physical manaphy, now I know what your thinking. "Physical Manpahy? seems bad" but, Manaphy has 100 based attack and a nice physical move pool. Knock Off removes the opponents item, so Manaphy is now able to break Normal's Chansey + Porygon2 core. U-turn for pivot, Waterfall for a powerful STAB move, and Bounce for those pesky Mega-Venusaurs.

This is my first time participating in monotype activities on smogon. I hope I win!

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Physical Manaphy

Manaphy @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Hey, Guys Reigns here with a brand new innovative set :^). This set features physical manaphy, now I know what your thinking. "Physical Manpahy? seems bad" but, Manaphy has 100 based attack and a nice physical move pool. Knock Off removes the opponents item, so Manaphy is now able to break Normal's Chansey + Porygon2 core. U-turn for pivot, Waterfall for a powerful STAB move, and Bounce for those pesky Mega-Venusaurs.

This is my first time participating in monotype activities on smogon. I hope I win!
Can confirm as lord set, does a solid 40% to bulky venu and only needs 2 turns to hit.

Manaphy @ Kee Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind
- Rest

this set is pure cancer if you cant do shit to it

Manaphy @ Leftovers / Expert Belt / Salac Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald / Surf / Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set is aimed to lure annoyances to the type, such as Mega-Venusaur and Ferrothorn. "Steel breaker Hoopa?" Nah, Grass breaker Manaphy. This set can is incredibly beneficial to Water, as both Venusaur and Ferrothorn are cold counters to the type, and things like Gyarados can only deal with one or the other. The great part about this set is that it also helps break apart Steel cores lacking Empoleon. A Verslify status, non STAB set can be used to purely capitalize on coverage and/or wallbreaking.

Last edited:
Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 126 HP / 252 SpD / 126 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Acid Armor
This set i based off a old vaporeon set i loved i nicknamed Vaporub, with acid armor countering its main weakness defence, you can be a vitable tank, now this set can work a good way, using acid armor to raise Defence two stages, and then using a weak (sadly) scald can hurt a opponet tremendesly with a burn which helps manaphy sweep harder on physical attackers. one way to describe this set is a multipurposefull tank, as it can be, and lastly if politoad dies then your team has another rain dancer to help out swift swim mons like Ludicolo, and Swampert.
this set has one major downfall, and that would be anything with taunt, as it has no access to stop that, and special attackers with high enough stats, or lastly physical attackers before you raise your defence, will give it a run for its money, but this set isnt ment to combat grass, or electric sadly which gives it a downside, but many counters on your team can fix that stuff like Rotom W, and Swampert for electric, and ludicolo, azu, and Tentacruel for grass, this set is mainly to stall the living crap and hurt Physical dependent mons, while adding a dose of Rain to your side.

(sorry if this looks bad... i just litterealy made this up, also if it looks similar to Twix's that is not my means)

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Manaphy @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
EVs: 126 HP / 252 SpD / 126 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Acid Armor
This set i based off a old vaporeon set i loved i nicknamed Vaporub, with acid armor countering its main weakness defence, you can be a vitable tank, now this set can work a good way, using acid armor to raise Defence two stages, and then using a weak (sadly) scald can hurt a opponet tremendesly with a burn which helps manaphy sweep harder on physical attackers. one way to describe this set is a multipurposefull tank, as it can be, and lastly if politoad dies then your team has another rain dancer to help out swift swim mons like Ludicolo, and Swampert.
this set has one major downfall, and that would be anything with taunt, as it has no access to stop that, and special attackers with high enough stats, or lastly physical attackers before you raise your defence, will give it a run for its money, but this set isnt ment to combat grass, or electric sadly which gives it a downside, but many counters on your team can fix that stuff like Rotom W, and Swampert for electric, and ludicolo, azu, and Tentacruel for grass, this set is mainly to stall the living crap and hurt Physical dependent mons, while adding a dose of Rain to your side.

(sorry if this looks bad... i just litterealy made this up, also if it looks similar to Twix's that is not my means)
Sorry fam, damp rock is banned from all mons in mono water :(

Manaphy @ Salac Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Ice Beam / Psychic / Hidden Power [Fire]

This set is primarily to break Grass Teams which Water has a hard time dealing with in general. It's best used late game when everything is significantly weakened and rocks are up and to break faster Grass mons such as Serperior. Substitute really needs to be used depending on what mon you're setting it up on; If you're against a mon that can hit you SE, then you can go ahead and TG and get the boost or you can Sub if you could get statused or against a mon that can't do anything to you.

I've left out Scald since it's not needed as Water has mons such as Keldeo, Slowbro etc that run Scald usually and can fetch you burns if you need them. The moves are slashed depending on your own team. I'd recommend Ice Beam as one slot as it's too useful against other types but HP Fire is there for Ferro and Psychic is there for Mega Venusaur.

The EV's ensure you outspeed Scarf Landorus-T at +1 (you hit 310) but since this is a way to counter Grass, it can be reduced if you'd want to. The spread accounts if HP fire is used as it drops the speed by one point so you'd have to use EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe if not running HP Fire.

I added some calcs for Electric mons also as it does well against those too.

Calcs:
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 350-412 (96.1 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 416-492 (118.1 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 426-502 (146.3 - 172.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 446-526 (116.1 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Manaphy @ Salac Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Substitute

This set is primarily to break Grass Teams which Water has a hard time dealing with in general. It's best used late game when everything is significantly weakened and rocks are up and to break faster Grass mons such as Serperior. Substitute really needs to be used depending on what mon you're setting it up on; If you're against a mon that can hit you SE, then you can go ahead and TG and get the boost or you can Sub if you could get statused or against a mon that can't do anything to you.

I've left out Scald since it's not needed as Water has mons such as Keldeo, Slowbro etc that run Scald usually and can fetch you burns if you need them. The moves are slashed depending on your own team. I'd recommend Ice Beam as one slot as it's too useful against other types but HP Fire is there for Ferro and Psychic is there for Mega Venusaur.

The EV's ensure you outspeed Scarf Landorus-T at +1 (you hit 310) but since this is a way to counter Grass, it can be reduced if you'd want to. The spread accounts if HP fire is used as it drops the speed by one point so you'd have to use EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe if not running HP Fire.

I added some calcs for Electric mons also as it does well against those too.

Calcs:
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 350-412 (96.1 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 416-492 (118.1 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 426-502 (146.3 - 172.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 446-526 (116.1 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

pretty shit i've seen much better spreads from vp nerds grass isn't common enough to use this aids plus you're losing the burn chance which can cost games.

Screens Support Manaphy

Manaphy @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Heal Bell / Knock Off
- Scald / U-Turn

This set was something i kinda just thought of, i know it sounds bad, but don't diss it till you try it :/. This set is great for setting up sweepers like Gyarados or SubMind Keldeo. Heal Bell is used to support these pokemon, and the whole team from status moves. U-Turn can be used over scald for momentum to go right to your set up sweepers after setting screens. You can add speed to outspeed threats to the team but having all bulk seemed better to me. You can also add knock off over Heal Bell if you run heal bell lanturn for those pesky Eviolite pokemon (or any pokemon).

(This is something random I came up with. Don't hurt me please).

HunterPhy (The name will make some sense, I promise. I know it's a bad name, but bear with me).

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Aqua Ring
- Substitute
- Scald

Okay, now I can explain the name. Hunters set traps, and Manaphy traps the opponent with Whirlpool. Yeah.

Basically Manaphy can be sent out on things such as Chansey, trap them with Whirlpool, and then whittle their HP down with Scald burns and Whirlpool's constant damage. Also, Manaphy will get back around 12 percent of its HP per turn if you have Aqua Ring and Lefties working. This HP gain can also help fuel Subs against mons that set rocks, etc. As weird as it seems, it works if played correctly. You may want to try it some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)