Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge / Iron Head / Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail / Outrage

Kyurem-B gets Hone Claws, so why not try and see if it can do anything with it? It gets both Stone Edge and Zen Headbutt, which both appreciate the accuracy boost. Zen Headbutt could be really helpful for Ice against Fighting teams, who knows? Dragon Tail benefits from the accuracy boost as well, but you can also opt for Outrage if you'd rather hit a lot harder.

Air Jak

Banned deucer.
Specs Kyurem B

NotEvenGod (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Toxic
- Icy Wind/ Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

This set utilizes Kyurem's amazing special prowess and its surprise factor. Hidden Power Fire catches Pokemon that switch in on Kyurem expecting fusion bolt such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill. Icy Wind is good because it slows down the Pokemon for kyurem to out speed and clean up with its stab. Toxic is for any annoying wall that has healing moves such as Mew, Chansey, Porygon 2, and Slowbro. Earth power is good against Heatran and good coverage overall.

Last edited:
Specs Kyurem B

NotEvenGod (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Fling
- Icy Wind/ Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
This set utilizes Kyurem's amazing special prowess and its surprise factor . Hidden Power Fire catches Pokemon that switch in on Kyurem expecting fusion bolt such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill. Icy Wind is good because it slows down the Pokemon for kyurem to out speed and clean up with its stab. Fling is for any annoying wall that has healing moves such as Mew, Chansey, Porygon 2, and Slowbro. Earth power is good against Heatran and good coverage overall.
I don't think that's how Fling works. It will deal damage but I'm pretty sure it won't replace the target's item.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power

I just felt like posting a set sent from heaven which can do massive damage to an unsuspecting foe. Freeze Shock does a hell of a lot paired with Kyurem-B's massive Physical Attack, although it is just a one-time use. Hidden Power Fire is to hit Ferrothorn, although Earth Power can be used over it. Fusion Bolt is for Water and Flying types so you don't waste the Power Herb on something you don't need it for. Kyurem-B can actually 2HKO an incoming Skarmory with a combination of Freeze Shock and Fusion Bolt.

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Freeze Shock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Drapion: 282-333 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lonely Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

I just felt like posting a set sent from heaven which can do massive damage to an unsuspecting foe. Freeze Shock does a hell of a lot paired with Kyurem-B's massive Physical Attack, although it is just a one-time use. Hidden Power Fire is to hit Ferrothorn, although Earth Power can be used over it. Fusion Bolt is for Water and Flying types so you don't waste the Power Herb on something you don't need it for. Kyurem-B can actually 2HKO an incoming Skarmory with a combination of Freeze Shock and Fusion Bolt.

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Freeze Shock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Drapion: 282-333 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
mfw I was gonna submit this set but you told me Freeze Shock is just a bad move :[

Dual Screens Kyurem-Black

Kyurem-Asian (Kyurem-Black) @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Endeavor
- Dragon Tail

Yo, here's my Kyurem-Black set. Got a Dual Screen set for this mon cuz dual screens are fucking Awesome!

Last edited:

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Steel Type Remover

Walls? (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 56 HP / 196 Speed
Nature: Modest/ Timid
Moves
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Ice Beam
-Roost

The purpose of this Kyub is that it can be used on both Ice & Dragon and it fullfills the duty of slaying all the steel types that are annoying both types. On Ice it acts as a nice lure to Scizor-Mega And ferrothorn as they always expect it to be Epower+Fusion Bolt which can easily be tanked by scizor/ferrothorn whom then proceed to either set up and sweep or set up hazards and ruin your team. Timid Can be used to outspeed Stuff but personally i prefer Modest as it allows you to get more kills. Works great on dragon as it opens up the door for draco spam/Acts as a nice steel counter with chomp. Roost to heal up and continue spamming shit to death

Toxic Stall Kyurem

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roost
yo yo yo! Reigns here with a brand new innovative set n_n. So this time I got a toxic stall kyurem for yall. Now I know you may be thinking "Seriously Reigns?" but, have I ever steered you wrong before? This set is great to stall out chanseys and porygons which cant break the sub. Its also amazing for handling those pesky Mega sableyes which threaten this tier so horribly! enough HP to live seismic tosses (s/o to thesecondbest for the improved EVs n_n) and the rest is pure defensive with a bold nature and no attack EVs or IVs for those who play foul xD~! This set is amazing for stalling out enemies who just cant break your sub! This is my newest entry in the "Next best thing" thread and stay tuned because there are more to come! (s/o to blazing2000 for being real af.)

Last edited:
This is my first time trying this, so here goes nothing!

Imprison Kyu-B

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Imprison
- Ice Beam / Outrage / Earth Power / Roost / HP Fire
- Dragon Claw / Iron Head / Toxic / Fusion Bolt / Hyper Voice

(Virtually any two common moves can be placed in the last two slots.)

OK, so here's the deal. I've always found Imprison to be a highly under-utilized move with a heck of a lot of potential. It can force switches, allow setup opportunities, etc. You can customize the last two movesets to some extent to fit your team's needs. Is stall giving you a hard time? Run Toxic and you can Imprison it! Steel types ruining your day? Run Iron Head and cripple a lot of attackers! Heck, you can run Hyper Voice and Imprison opposing Sylveon! What's more, you can set up a Substitute as they switch out, allowing you to get free damage on their team!

While it can be pretty matchup oriented, Imprison Kyu-B has a lot of potential and can serve as a niche check to certain threats from opposing teams.

Hope you enjoyed!

Custap Endeavor Kyurem

Kyurem-Black @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Draco Meteor
- Substitute
- Endeavor

This Kyurem-B is supposed to automatically remove at least cripple or remove 1 or 2 Pokemon with Endeavor + Custap Berry. Kyurem's Hit Points are odd so it can get its HP to 1% with Substitute. Icy Wind is there instead of Ice Beam so if your opponent switches out, you can simply use Endeavor again providing that its not faster. However, you can only remove the Pokemon if it can't break the Substitute or is faster because you can use Endeavor with its substitute up. I use max Speed as said before, if my opponent switches out I could of easily used Icy Wind and Endeavor again providing it isn't faster. You could call this a gimmick but it works most of the times since it forces a switch most of the time when Kyurem switches in.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Toxic Stall Kyurem

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roost
yo yo yo! Reigns here with a brand new innovative set n_n. So this time I got a toxic stall kyurem for yall. Now I know you may be thinking "Seriously Reigns?" but, have I ever steered you wrong before? This set is great to stall out chanseys and porygons which cant break the sub. Its also amazing for handling those pesky Mega sableyes which threaten this tier so horribly! 52 HP to live seismic tosses (s/o to thesecondbest) and the rest is pure defensive with a calm nature and no attack EVs or IVs for those who play foul xD~! This set is amazing for stalling out enemies who just cant break your sub! This is my newest entry in the "Next best thing" thread and stay tuned because there are more to come! (s/o to blazing2000 for being real af.)
on that set you actually dont need to run only 52 hp, it's more effective to go max hp and then mixed defenses. Calcs:
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 52 HP / 252 Def Kyurem-B: 62-73 (15.3 - 18%)
252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 52 HP / 204+ SpD Kyurem-B: 115-136 (28.4 - 33.6%)
vs
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 52+ Def Kyurem-B: 67-80 (14.7 - 17.6%)
252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 204 SpD Kyurem-B: 126-148 (27.7 - 32.5%)
So 252/52+/204 is the best spread, bold nature. The only disadvantage that spread has is vs endeavor. So just a small nitpick, use the new spread and give me a shoutout for that spread too :P

on that set you actually dont need to run only 52 hp, it's more effective to go max hp and then mixed defenses. Calcs:
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 52 HP / 252 Def Kyurem-B: 62-73 (15.3 - 18%)
252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 52 HP / 204+ SpD Kyurem-B: 115-136 (28.4 - 33.6%)
vs
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 52+ Def Kyurem-B: 67-80 (14.7 - 17.6%)
252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 204 SpD Kyurem-B: 126-148 (27.7 - 32.5%)
So 252/52+/204 is the best spread, bold nature. The only disadvantage that spread has is vs endeavor. So just a small nitpick, use the new spread and give me a shoutout for that spread too :P
Thanks for the slightly better version of the EVs! Appreciate it. n_n

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Fat Steel-Breaker Kyurem-Black

Pedro (Kyurem-Black) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

Hey, it's Lax. I'm showing you guys this fat monster that gives steel no switch ins. (Good for ice, decent on dragons.) Pretty much, you tank any special fire move moderately well and you hit back really hard and most likely knock it out. This set also destroys steel types because what is switching in on earth power/ hp fire combo? Ice beam for stab, fusion bolt for water etc. Enough attack evs to guarantee OHKO on Char-Y and to guarantee 2OHKO on slowbro with rocks up. 252 Spatk evs to hit as hard as possible on scizors, ferros + more that think they can switch in. Rest in HP to add to bulk.

152 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 308-364 (103.7 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 170-202 (43.1 - 51.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 240-284 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (most mono players run max def so x d)
252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 328-388 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
(edit: made an error in sentence)

Last edited:
Special Tank

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam / Toxic

Kyurem's typing allows him to take Ice attacks for neutral damage, so Kyurem can abuse a specially defensive set on Dragon. Roost increases his longevity, and Dragon Tail is a great STAB that allows Kyruem to shuffle around switch ins for residual hazard damage. Even when uninvested, his massive base 170 Attack stat still does massive amounts of damage. If you would like for Kyruem to have more of an offensive presence, you can opt for a Life Orb over Leftovers, as his massive bulk allows him to tank hits well enough to Roost of damage and Life Orb recoil. Even when uninvented, Kyurem can still 2HKO Slowbro after Stealth Rock. Despite losing out on BoltBeam coverage, Kyurem can also run Toxic to allow him to spread status onto bulkier teams and dismantle walls in general.

Alternatively, this set can double as a Sub-Toxic set, as only 52 HP EVs are required to obtain 101 Hp substitutes.While this can help prevent Kyurem from becoming inflicted by status, it continues to cut down on his coverage.

Some Calcs:

252 SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 79-93 (17.4 - 20.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 118-139 (26 - 30.6%) -- 3.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 56-66 (12.3 - 14.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252 SpA Froslass Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 91-108 (20 - 23.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

(Scarf) 252 SpA Latios Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 84-99 (18.5 - 21.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 360-426 (79.4 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 248-294 (82.3 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 322-382 (106.9 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 0 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 376-444 (83 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B in Sun: 267-315 (58.9 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-B: 390-458 (86 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Toxic Stall Kyurem

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roost
yo yo yo! Reigns here with a brand new innovative set n_n. So this time I got a toxic stall kyurem for yall. Now I know you may be thinking "Seriously Reigns?" but, have I ever steered you wrong before? This set is great to stall out chanseys and porygons which cant break the sub. Its also amazing for handling those pesky Mega sableyes which threaten this tier so horribly! enough HP to live seismic tosses (s/o to thesecondbest for the improved EVs n_n) and the rest is pure defensive with a bold nature and no attack EVs or IVs for those who play foul xD~! This set is amazing for stalling out enemies who just cant break your sub! This is my newest entry in the "Next best thing" thread and stay tuned because there are more to come! (s/o to blazing2000 for being real af.)
Just thought i'd mention, it is completely walled by any Steel Type.

Lonely Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

thats a set I use all the time darn... lol was gonna submit it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)