Ladder Monotype [Read post #393 for Tiering Updates]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I know ArVaDa- and Articuno I have mentioned this in some of their previous posts, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows it exists seeing as I finally have all the moveset data on the site.

The Monotype room website has a dedicated Stats page with detailed usage information for each Type and Pokemon. Accompanying the usage information is a matchup chart that shows how each type fares against other types. I also want to point out the diagonal of that table, which contains a +/- metric for each type. This +/- value indicates how likely you are to have a "favorable" matchup if you chose to run a particular type.

It is up to you guys how (or if) this information should be used in the tiering discussions.

http://monotypeps.weebly.com/stats.html
Alright, so that shows fighting and psychic with Mega Gallade available. We also have to consider that mega Medicham is considered worse than Gallade in many areas, the only exceptions being starting power and priority moves. Fighting definitely does not look overwhelming from these stats, about average. Psychic by some madness looks slightly less powerful than fighting. This makes me wonder why we're so scared of it.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Usage does not equate to viability. scpinion's statistics are valuable to us in seeing what people use and how the types fare against each other, but saying something is powerful or not based on usage statistics would be a false judgement. Not to mention we won't know how the metagame will look if Mega Gallade and/or Medicham are banned. For all we know, Psychic won't be effected at all by the bans while Fighting might drop a little, but still be viable (assuming only Gallade is banned; if both are banned, it's not looking good for Fighting imo).

Usage does not equate to viability. scpinion's statistics are valuable to us in seeing what people use and how the types fare against each other, but saying something is powerful or not based on usage statistics would be a false judgement. Not to mention we won't know how the metagame will look if Mega Gallade and/or Medicham are banned. For all we know, Psychic won't be effected at all by the bans while Fighting might drop a little, but still be viable (assuming only Gallade is banned; if both are banned, it's not looking good for Fighting imo).
What stats do tell us is how centralizing something is to the metagame. From what I can see on those stats, it doesn't seem to be.

Ok, i was pretty dumb for saying to unban zekrom, maybe i was just mad at Gastrodon and Chansey that day..

But no, i do not suck with electric and i consider myself #2 with it after tesla.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sorry but I never heard of you.... Who are you again? Also, > Unban Zekrom; the stupidity I see in this thread at times lmfao.
Let's not resort to this. What was said has been said, what was brought up has been brought up. Everyone has spoken there peace, I believe.

Sorry but I never heard of you.... Who are you again? Also, > Unban Zekrom; the stupidity I see in this thread at times lmfao.
>Says the flying user.

I pick arguments sometimes for the sake of the argument rather than truly believing it. Zekrom made good practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Ok, i was pretty dumb for saying to unban zekrom, maybe i was just mad at Gastrodon and Chansey that day..

But no, i do not suck with electric and i consider myself #2 with it after tesla.
You could run Life Orb Thundurus-Therian, with Knock Off/Focus Blast/Grass Knot. LO Focus Blast with 252 SpA EVs and a Timid nature is a guaranteed 2HKO on Chansey once it's Eviolite is gone (252HP/4SpD), and Grass Knot 2HKOs specially defensive Gastrodon after Lefties recovery (every Gastrodon is 2HKOed). It might not fit in with your team, but it is an option to handle those 2 Pokemon if you struggle with them.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
>Says the flying user.

I pick arguments sometimes for the sake of the argument rather than truly believing it. Zekrom made good practice.
I'm sorry what's bad at being a flying user? I'm one of the best flying users (Not bragging like there were polls which I won), and I clearly know how good you are since you wanted to unban Zekrom

truedrew

Banned deucer.
like for ike!
jk unban zekrom?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
MOTHER FLYING ZEKROM!!!!!!!!!!!
zekrom has one of the best typings in monotype. Electric dragon is a bitch and can shit on soooooooooooooo many monotypes. Troubles with normal? Bam run sub hone zekrom! easy peasy!

Troubles with monotype X? Use set Y on zekrom and shrek!!!
Types Zekrom Would Make Completely Moot/redundantFlying
Water
Fire
Normal
Steel (if its sub claws beats everything apart from excadrill which is handled by rotom-w/zapdos)
Dark
Ghost
Rock (without mega aggron)
Fighting
Psychic (gg slowbro)
Poison(Nothing tanks cept venu)
Dragon(Needs altaria or it gets assured kill every switch in)

Rest assured zekrom is broken af it can and will destroy everything.

Theres a reason it was/is the best choice scarf user in ubers despite "limited" movepool.
Do not suggest unbanning ubers for the sake of what ifs and petty fights its really fucking annoying.
Suggestions should be made only when a type is completely bop'd and in current meta its only few mons (the suspects) which should be the focus of the discussion mates..

Mega gallade+ mega medicham= broken due to numeous reasons posted above so no need to repeat and bore.
Summary:
Amazing support on psychic
Fighting needs gallade but cham should go due to it being too fucking op.

I'm sorry what's bad at being a flying user? I'm one of the best flying users (Not bragging like there were polls which I won), and I clearly know how good you are since you wanted to unban Zekrom
Have you never heard of an intellectual exercise, picking an argument to find points for for the sake of it? And being a flying user here indicates bias, so congratulations on not understanding that. Furthermore, its utterly moronic to attack someone for disagreeing with you. This isn't Frost, please don't treat it as such. Now why don't you try to discuss something productive like Gallade and Medicham?

like for ike!
jk unban zekrom?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
MOTHER FLYING ZEKROM!!!!!!!!!!!
zekrom has one of the best typings in monotype. Electric dragon is a bitch and can shit on soooooooooooooo many monotypes. Troubles with normal? Bam run sub hone zekrom! easy peasy!

Troubles with monotype X? Use set Y on zekrom and shrek!!!
Types Zekrom Would Make Completely Moot/redundantFlying
Water
Fire
Normal
Steel (if its sub claws beats everything apart from excadrill which is handled by rotom-w/zapdos)
Dark
Ghost
Rock (without mega aggron)
Fighting
Psychic (gg slowbro)
Poison(Nothing tanks cept venu)
Dragon(Needs altaria or it gets assured kill every switch in)

Rest assured zekrom is broken af it can and will destroy everything.

Theres a reason it was/is the best choice scarf user in ubers despite "limited" movepool.
Do not suggest unbanning ubers for the sake of what ifs and petty fights its really fucking annoying.
Suggestions should be made only when a type is completely bop'd and in current meta its only few mons (the suspects) which should be the focus of the discussion mates..

Mega gallade+ mega medicham= broken due to numeous reasons posted above so no need to repeat and bore.
Summary:
Amazing support on psychic
Fighting needs gallade but cham should go due to it being too fucking op.
Okay, you're the one making a problem over it now. I had dropped the subject already, people should stop bringing it back up. Anyway, I don't see Mega Medicham being broken on fighting. Aside from getting Mega Gallade, fighting hasn't gotten any better. Fighting definitely wasn't the strongest type pre-ORAS and they had MegaCham even then. Banning anything from fighting seems completely unnecessary. As for psychic, I honestly think we should start with one if we're going to ban them. Banning both at once might be too big of a jump for us.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok, we get it. Zekrom is OP. Now please stop insulting each other and move on.

Bringing back the matter of Mega Sableye, I still fully support a type-ban only for it on Dark. But, after some thinking I have come to terms with it and realized that Ghost can survive without Mega Sableye. I'm not saying Mega Sableye should be banned from Ghost. I am saying that perhaps it's not quite as necessary as I once thought it was. If Fairy vs Steel is as lopsided now as it is, then Ghost can deal with being in an equally lopsided matchup against Dark again, but only if we decide that Mega Sableye is too broken to keep around on both types. I would still argue that it's not too broken for Ghost.

Basically what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be heartbroken anymore if Mega Sableye was banned from Ghost. I would disagree with the decision, but I see the reasoning behind it if it happens.

Anyways... what do you guys think of these monsters? We've kinda forgot about them when Nani banned Mega Maw and Bro so lets bring them back!

Kyurem-W (Ice only)
125/90/100 Defenses and 120/170(!!!!!)/95 Offenses with Turboblaze (!!!) as its ability.

&

Shaymin-Sky (Grass only)
100/75/75 Defenses and 103/120/127(!!!) Offenses with Serene Grace (!!!!) as its ability.

I'm on the fence for Kyurem-W, and I feel like Skymin should be banned. Why? I'll explain later lol

Omg Acast sniped me ;;

Anyways... what do you guys think of these monsters? We've kinda forgot about them when Nani banned Mega Maw and Bro so lets bring them back!

Kyurem-W (Ice only)
125/90/100 Defenses and 120/170(!!!!!)/95 Offenses with Turboblaze (!!!) as its ability.

&

Shaymin-Sky (Grass only)
100/75/75 Defenses and 103/120/127(!!!) Offenses with Serene Grace (!!!!) as its ability.

I'm on the fence for Kyurem-W, and I feel like Skymin should be banned. Why? I'll explain later lol

Omg Acast sniped me ;;
This horse has been beaten dead already. There's cracked bones and dust where it's carcass used to be. It has simply been ignored, brushed aside from the road.

Seriously, this discussion has been brought up so much times. It's to the point that we can actually quote any arguments we might think of and even quote counter-arguments to those arguments.

That said, I think it's clear what people think of and what should be done about these "monsters", as monsters indeed they are. I think people have used Kyurem-White and Skymin as examples of why Zekrom shouldn't be Unbanned, lol. What more needs to be said- their "test" was a failure and they've had negative effects on the Meta as opposed to positive ones they were intended for. Ban these motherfuckers already.

That's what people think, lol

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Kyurem-W (Ice only)

&

Shaymin-Sky (Grass only)

Omg Acast sniped me ;;
Scarf Kyurem-W insta wins against fly unless you run articuno. Destroys steel (although steel can destroy it back with harder priority) Sweeps dragons late game, destroys ground once sand is gone ( Mega Aboma tho). The types that work good against Kyurem W ice is fighting and Rock. Normal has a chance against it but weavile and mamo phases it.
Also for a nuke in mega glalie, ice is buffed therefore I don't see a reason for this 170 SpA monster to stay in monotype anymore.
Therefore I suggest we should ban this uber and stick to using Kyurem-B which is a monster for itself.

Scarf Kyu-w insta wins against electric, that thing needs a ban.

And Mega sableye needs ban from both ghost and dark, because so many types can get sweeped by it.

And as for Charizard X...what the heck a +1 Char x can sweep most electric teams, or even a bulky roost char x can too.

Kyurem-W is scary asf lol, esp if you're running a Flying, Poison, Steel, Grass, or Ground mono. Although it isn't an instant win like Scarf Skymin vs Fighting, the odds are against you. However, the same could be said Greninja. Depending on its movepool, it can be extremely scary to face for certain types, so why isn't Greninja banned? Simple, as of yet, it's only a threat to look out for, but it isn't broken. The question is, is Kyurem-W the same?

Below, are reasons why it should be banned or not. Hopefully, this will let everyone see both sides of the argument before deciding.

Why shouldn't it be banned?

• Its 95 base speed is pretty bad for a sweeper, forcing it to run Scarf if it wants to outspeed threats such as Terrakion and Keldeo.
  • Its Ice typing is horrible since it's weak to the ever common Mach Punch. It's also weak to Bullet Punch. (Mega Metagross, Rip)
  • It's weak to rocks. Although Ice has pretty good hazard control with Avalugg, the types where Kyurem-W needs to be healthy are generally Bug, Steel, and Fire (there are others, but I don't feel like thinking too much). Unfortunately, Avalugg is pretty passive so it's setup fodder unless you run Roar or Toxic. Even then, its most common switch ins don't even need to set up to net a free kill on the opposing side. The Pokemon that I'm thinking about are Volcarona, Heatran / Doublade, and even Torkoal (Again, there are others). If you double switch, rocks are still up and the opponent can just switch out at no cost. However, it'll be harder for you to Rapid Spin later. If you stay in and Rapid Spin, then you've put yourself in a very dangerous position. You've got to remember that Kyurem-W gets worn down extremely fast, and it can't outspeed a lot of +1 threats.
  • It gives Ice almost no synergy except a neutral to Fire moves. Even then, if you're using Scarf or AV it doesn't matter since you can't Roost. Unlike Rotom / Wallrein it isn't neutral to Bullet Punch, and unlike Froslass it isn't immune / neutral to Fighting moves. A lot of times, you'll find yourself in trouble once the opponent gets a free switch.
  • People often complain how powerful it is if you're using Specs. But lets be honest, who uses Specs lol. According to the Monotype Stats (http://monotypeps.weebly.com/stats.html & Click the Ice Icon) more than 50% of people use Scarf, and only a measly 17% use Specs.
  • A -2 Kyurem-W forces so many gamechanging mindgames. Take Kyurem-W (at -2) vs Keldeo for an example. Keldeo can either Hydro or Sacred Sword while the Ice user can either stay in and do a little damage with Draco, or switch to Froslass / Avalugg predicting the Sacred Sword. However, if the Keldeo predicts the switch, and clicks Hydro instead, then you're pretty much screwed for the rest of the match. Keep in mind that the Fighting user can spam any move it wants without harm.
  • A -2 Kyurem-W is pretty much set up fodder lol (Say hi to Volc!), and if your team's already weakened then it's gg. Draco Meteor isn't something you can spam in most matchups
  • Without something boosting its attack, it doesn't hit as hard as you think. This forces them to use Draco Meteor (look up ^) or use a SE move.
252 SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 115-136 (16.3 - 19.3%) -- possible 6HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 121-142 (17.1 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO

Take this for an example. Although Kyurem-W and Thundy-I's SpAtk stats differ by 45, Thundy's T-bolt still hits harder than Kyurem's most reliable STAB while having a nifty speed tier. Does that mean that Thundy's OP? No. lol

Why should it be banned?

• Turboblaze. This alone should warrant a ban. You all know that Monotype's pretty limited when looking for counters which is why you often see people using stuff that's in NU just because of their abilities. Good examples would be Weezing, and Lanturn. Levitate and Volt Absorb are extremely valuable in their respective types as you all know. Turboblaze, ruins all of that. Earth Power hits through Weezing's Levitate, Fusion Flare goes through Heatran's Flash Fire, and Ice Beam / Fusion Flare ignores Mega Venu's Thick Fat. Of course, some people will say that it's only one Pokemon, just revenge kill it later. The problem is that Weezing is what's preventing Mamoswine from sweeping, and Venusaur is what holds Grass together against Ice Teams. Once they're gone, they're gone, and so is any chance of you winning.
https://www.replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-204156406 - This is a good example of Kyurem-W destroying a Steel team (notice how Earth Power goes through Magnezone's Sturdy). Kyurem-W tops it off when it lives a Banded Bullet Punch from Scizor at full health.

• Ice & Dragon may be horrible defensive types, but they're amazing offensive types. Esp in a tier like Monotype where everything is weak or neutral to a certain type. Ice and Dragon are extremely easy to spam, and most of the time you'll get good results.
There are probs more reasons why it should be banned, but I can't think of any right now. However, like I said before. Turboblaze alone should be enough to warrant a ban. It breaks down teams that's reliant of their abilities, and unlike Kyurem-B, it actually gets useful moves to abuse it such as Flash Fire, and Earth Power. Also, while I'm at it I might as well answer this:

"According to you, Turboblaze / Mold Breaker etc is the most OP ability, therefore everything who gets it should be banned right? Kyurem-B, Haxorus, Mega Gyarados, Excadrill etc since they're way too OP in this meta, right?"

No, you're wrong. This is like Protean & Greninja. In OU, Protean is broken on Greninja, and Greninja only. Not on Kecleon which is why they only banned Greninja, and not the ability itself. In Mono, Turboblze is only broken on Kyurem-W. A good example would be Mega Venusaur, even though Haxorus, Mega Gyara, and Excadrill all ignore its ability, Grass manages just fine without Mega Venu. However, in Grass vs Ice matchups, Mega Venu is the only thing preventing the 6 Ice types from 6-0ing. The same goes for Weezing and Poison (thinking of Mamoswine). The problem is that Kyurem-W opens wayyy too many holes in certain monos making it extremely easy for your teammates to sweep. After seeing this, you can say that Kyurem-B is pretty much the same thing with Fusion Bolt and Earth Power, but unlike Kyu-W, Kyu-B has 125 SpAtk which isn't bad, but isn't near good without investment. Swampert can take Fusion Bolts, and Ferrthorn can take Kyurem's Ice Beam decently well so it isn't a 6-0fest if you lose the 50/50 with Mega Venusaur.

After all of this: Ban Kyurem-W

Tl;Dr: Kyurem-W may have a lot of negative stuff, but its positives outshine them. In a way, it's like Talonflame vs Grass / Bug, it's just insanely one sided vs some types, and by the time it dies, your teammates can easily sweep. Also, Turboblaze is the main reason why Kyurem-W should go.

Last edited:
Can you guys like please ban Charizard X from mono? Its a one sided battle against electric, there is no electric pokemon that can counter him. He literally sweeps electric at a +1, and he can probably sweep bug, grass, steel(if skarm is gone) and some other types too.

Of course, ban Kyu-w too for the reasons Anttya mentioned above, also including the fact that it reks electric because turboblaze earth power scarf.

Can you guys like please ban Charizard X from mono? Its a one sided battle against electric, there is no electric pokemon that can counter him. He literally sweeps electric at a +1, and he can probably sweep bug, grass, steel(if skarm is gone) and some other types too.

Of course, ban Kyu-w too for the reasons Anttya mentioned above, also including the fact that it reks electric because turboblaze earth power scarf.
I can say with confidence that Charizard-Mega-X will not and should not be Banned on the basis that it has an advantage against your favourite Type.

Scarf Kyurem-W insta wins against fly unless you run articuno. Destroys steel (although steel can destroy it back with harder priority) Sweeps dragons late game, destroys ground once sand is gone ( Mega Aboma tho). The types that work good against Kyurem W ice is fighting and Rock. Normal has a chance against it but weavile and mamo phases it.
Also for a nuke in mega glalie, ice is buffed therefore I don't see a reason for this 170 SpA monster to stay in monotype anymore.
Therefore I suggest we should ban this uber and stick to using Kyurem-B which is a monster for itself.
Eh, people need some reason to use ice. I think flying can live with having an auto loss to a really bad type, seeing as its been at the top for a long time even with Kyurem around. I also definitely don't consider mega Glalie a buff.

And Mega sableye needs ban from both ghost and dark, because so many types can get sweeped by it.

And as for Charizard X...what the heck a +1 Char x can sweep most electric teams, or even a bulky roost char x can too.
I agree about mega sableye there, but I definitely consider an assault vest Kyurem scarier than scarf, with the exception of Thundurus.

As for Charizard X, that is admittedly going to usually be a two for one situation at best.

While it is true that these pokemon are more than usable without their megastones in mono, I don't think it's a particularly important point due to there being a variety of other pokemon that fill those niches reasonably well in any case, such as banded victini or terrakion replacing Mega Medi to some degree for example.
It's true that this will make the hit to those types less bad, however I think the question still remains far more about whether those pokemon are broken than about the effects it will have on those types, as even without the two megas, both Fighting and Psychic will still be fine.
tbh, i honestly have no idea what you're even saying lol. my point was directed to the people saying that there wouldn't be anything to fill the same roles as medi/gal post ban. i really don't see how victini or banterrak would even relatively do the same thing as medi/gal, but ok lol

1.you do realize if kyurem white was unbanned, that would mean that you'd be playing kyu-b. which essentially does the same thing to electric.

as for char x and megaeye there are arguments that go both ways, but electric does 100% have issues with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, first of all, Char X doesn't need to be banned. You especially shouldn't be complaining as you have one of the best crippling machines in the game in the name of Thundurus-I. I'm sure other types like Dragon and Steel would sacrifice several children to the devil to be able to cripple Zard X so easily. If you're not running Thundy-I and have T for various reasons, I understand that, but that only removes ONE pokemon from your MASSIVE para arsenal. Lanturn, Zapdos, Sturdy Magnezone. It can't HONESTLY be too hard for you to cripple it unless you let it set up in your face in which case that's your fault. TESLA HIMSELF says he defeats Char X in the manner of Para.

Other types don't have the same difficulties blah blah blah don't ban Char X we head it a thousand times in OU and now we're hearing it here. In my opinion, the different sets and pokemon run in Monotype enable for an easier defeat of Char X. Focus sashes and scarves EVERYWHERE. EVERYONE HAS EARTHQUAKE. Status moves GALORE! Priority this way and that. I understand Char X is hard to defeat. So are all the top tier threats like Mega Altaria and Char X and Greninja and Lando. It's in the nature of being a top tier threat. Low risk, high reward. What sets Char X apart then? It's been a top tier threat for SO DAMN LONG that people have worked out strats to beat it. Ask around, and I'm sure you'll find some. In fact, I'll throw out right now that when I battle Charizards, I either go for a dragon move straight away, bluff scarf, switch in goodra for Gooey drops, revenge kill with scarves, etc. I play one of the types that has a weakness to its STAB and could easily be swept by it (and it does happen occasionally,) but I still manage to beat it on average. I believe in you ElectricApples. YOU CAN DEFEAT CHAR X. I BELIEVE!!!!!

Hope I don't sound like a bit of an asshole about this seeing as how I don't use electric, I just honestly don't comprehend how you're always getting swept by it. Swept 33-66% of the time is understandable but always just throws me off.

Not gonna beat the dead horse on Skymin and Kyurem-W. Just ban them for fuck's sake already.

EDIT: Changed some sentence order. Grammar mistakes. Dropped some cinnamon toast crunch on my keyboard. The usual.

feen

control
Charizard X has survived an entire generation and gained no buffs why ban it now? Every good electric player can beat Charizard X with devised plannings. Also,

Dragon Dance Set:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 332-392 (86.6 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
28 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 332-392 (111.7 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (POWER!)
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 142-168 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 178-210 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bulkier Set:

0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 276-326 (72 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 294-348 (81.8 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (kills after rocks anyways)

Magnezone, Zapdos can toxic it. Defensive Zapdos walls the bulky set. Also if there's a togekiss, pressurizing will prevent it from using Heal Bell

Therefore, Charizard X is no way near broken and all you people who wants it to ban just hate generic flying or you just cannot play around it because you're bad that's all.

Last edited:
Charizard X has survived an entire generation and gained no buffs why ban it now? Every good electric player can beat Charizard X with devised plannings. Also,

Dragon Dance Set:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 332-392 (86.6 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
28 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 332-392 (111.7 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (POWER!)
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 142-168 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 178-210 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bulkier Set:

0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 276-326 (72 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 294-348 (81.8 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (kills after rocks anyways)

Magnezone, Zapdos can toxic it. Defensive Zapdos walls the bulky set. Also if there's a togekiss, pressurizing will prevent it from using Heal Bell

Therefore, Charizard X is no way near broken and all you people who wants it to ban just hate generic flying or you just cannot play around it because you're bad that's all.
>Kills after rocks anyway. The only setter electric has is Stunfisk and you have Zapdos for defog. You also forgot the bulky dragon dance set (which OHKOs Ampharos unboosted), your own rocks, the fact that there will inevitably be turns against electric that Togekiss can heal bell on, and the fact that Magnezone immediately dies to most Charizard sets without sturdy intact (it would be surprising if bulky Charizard didn't run Earthquake). I'd also like to say again that this is not Frost, insults are not a vital part of communication here.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Char X is not broken. Poison and Paralysis both stop sweeps. Stealth Rocks murder it (it takes 50% on its first switch, 25% after that). Grass also has Leech Seed stallers on top of that (Ferro if no Fire move, defensive Mega Venusaur no matter the moves). Taunt stops it Roosting or D-Dancing. Ground, Rock, and Dragon moves are still SE on it, so Scarves that come in when it Roosts can hit it hard (Lati@s, Terrakion, Heracross). The only cleric it has is on Flying (Togekiss or Articuno) and you can kill those with a good Stone Edge or physical electric move (even some special ones could probably get the job done). It also has no priority, so wearing it down through priority moves is an option. Sturdy/Sash Pokemon survive and then cripple or kill it. Besides, if you let it set up so much without crippling or killing it then it's your own fault. Scarf Electivire with EQ outspeeds (comes in when it Roosts or is already in). Air Balloon Heatran walls every 2 move combination except Dragon move/EQ (Togekiss/Skarmory wall these) as most Char X run Roost, D-Dance/WoW and 2 attacks. No matter what it does, Char X is walled by something. Even though it may sweep your Monotype, it will not sweep everything, and while Electric may struggle with it, you will just have to play around that (maybe Prankster Thundy-I T-Wave into Band Electivire EQ or use Stunfisk to set Rocks or something?). If you can honestly not beat any of these Pokemon (Gastrodon/Chansey/Kyurem-White/Mega Sableye/Mega Charizard X/Mega Venusaur/Contrary Serperior/Excadrill) then I have a hard time believing that you are the second best Electric user. The whole point of mono is to find ways to beat type disadvantages and threats, so if you need to run a niche Pokemon or slightly odd moveset then maybe that's what you have to do. Unless you create a Pokemon simply to counter one threat and that has no use whatsoever outside of countering that one Pokemon, I don't think it is broken. Even the Pokemon I listed above are useful in multiple matchups. Prankster Paralysis is always handy (see: Klefki, Whimsicott), running Stunfisk for Rocks pressures a few types (this is probably the most niche, but can spread status somewhat well with Yawn/Toxic/Thunder Wave), and Band Electivire hits hard (even Scarf would be usable, and is common). You could also run HP Ground/Rock on a Pokemon if you really want to over HP Ice or your other HP (maybe on Mega Manectric?).

TL;DR: Char X is a problem for Electric but the point of mono is to figure out ways to beat threats. It is a good Pokemon but it is not invincible. It hates Stealth Rock, status wears it down or cripples it, and fast strong Pokemon can kill it before it sets up.

Also, please stop saying "I can't beat Pokemon X, it walls/sweeps my whole team, ban Pokemon X or unban an uber." It's kind of annoying, seeing that Zekrom is being discussed for an unban lol. If you really think a Pokemon is broken, show how it can easily beat multiple types (not just your own) with the same moveset or within its 4 slotted moves (such as Talonflame killing Bug/Grass/Fighting while threatening many others with priority Brave Bird spam, and Mega Mawile beating a ton of types such as Fairy, Rock, Dark, Ice, Flying, and Ghost with SD/Play Rough/Iron Head/Sucker Punch and with the possibility of Fire Fang or SubPunch to kill other types), with very niche counters, or no counters (only revenge killers or maybe checks, as well as having a ton of support such as Heal Bell, Wish passing, and Healing Wish users (Mawile had all of these but all Char X gets is Heal Bell). The OP also says stuff about what to do when suggesting a ban, such as replays, how it interacts with teammates and opponents, and it's role on the team. As most of these Pokemon can be defeated with smart playing and the right Pokemon/moveset (most of them by just about every type, including your own), just saying they should be banned based on the fact that the team you currently use struggles with them is sorta ridiculous. You have to adapt to remain competitive.

Btw, sorry, I kinda jumped around a bit.

And once again I am sniped. :I

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)