Multiple Same Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of Pokemon XY, multiple same items are no longer allowed. Shouldn't we incorporate this into Pokemon Showdown? Besides, having leftovers+protect on every Pokemon is sort of boring, this will bring in new strategies. What do you think?

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Multiple same items aren't allowed? According to what? If I can get multiple Oran Berries ingame nothing stops me from making 2 Pokemon hold them.

Item Clause aren't a part of Smogon tiers but VGC has it so you can try playing that.

As TheFourthChaser said, Smogon does not enforce Item Clause in its main 6v6 Singles format of battling. VGC, the Nintendo event format, does feature Item Clause and is also a fun way to play.

That said, with XY, many different types of items are quite viable and many of the teams I make seem to adhere to item clause even without intending to do so! Items like Choice Band, Specs, Scarf, Expert Belt, Life Orb, Leftovers, Mega Evolution items, specific type boosting items like Sharp Beak and Spell Tag, Weakness Policy, type resist berries like Chople and Wacan, pinch berries like Liechi and Salac, Rocky Helmet, Assault Vest etc. are all very viable and most Pokemon are better off making use of one of those items instead of Leftovers anyway!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What the two above posts failed to mention is that player vs. player battles in XY using direct challenges do not force item clause. You can choose not to enforce item clause when selecting the rules for the battle challenge. Battle Spot is the only format in XY that enforces item clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)