Munchlax Discussion

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

#446 munchlax
Normal
135/85/40/40/85/5

135/85/85/40/152/5 eqiuvalent with eviolite

Abilities:

Pickup: pokemon may pick up items

Thick fat: Fire and ice type attack damage is reduced

Gluttony: (dw) Pokemon eats berries earlier

notable moves:
return
body slam
earthquake
fire punch
pursuit
stockpile
whirlwind
sleep talk
rest
curse

Sets:

Curse:

Munchlax W/ eviolite
Careful
thick fat
Evs: 124hp 248def 136spdef
Curse
Return/bodyslam
Earthquake/fire punch
Rest

Snorlax's flagship set is not limited to him, munchlax can perform it as well. With the eviolite boosting munchlx's defenses, munchlax becomes one of the bulkiest pokemon in the game with these evs. Believe it or not, munchlax can actually take fighting type moves, such as defensive hariyama's force palm and set up. It is not 2hkoed by unboosted rhyperior's stone edge either. The second attacking move depends on what you want to hit. Rhyperior giving you issues? use eq to hit it harder. Levitating ghost weak and dont want to be walled by them? Fire punch is the way to go. Munchlax is Imo one of the best walls in the tier. and that this set in ru is better than curselax has been all generation.

Restalk:
RestTalker @ Eviolite
Careful
124 Hp/ 248 Def/ 136 Sp. Def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Body Slam
Whirlwind

This set is very interesting to say the least, It is still bulky as hell, but it doesn't have as much of an offensive presence. Body slam over return allows for parahax that may help out your team. and if the opposing pokemon has less than 184 speed. munchlax can actually outspeed something. Rest and sleep talk provide the core of this set, allowing munchlax to not become complete set up bait, especially because of whirlwind. Think about this

You have a sleeping munchlax

the opponent has a +3/+3 cress

you use sleep talk and pick whirlwind

opponent: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

that is the utility of whirlwind my friends, make sure to use this set with spikes and stealth rock support for maximum effect, entry hazards are the only way munch can damage ghosts.

Anyways, discuss

Are Fire and Ice attacks really that common in RU? I think Immunity is definitely worth considering for a slash, at least on sets without rest.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Munchlax @ Eviolite
Careful
Thick Fat
252 HP/40 Att/216 SpD
Return/Body Slam
Rock Slide
Toxic/Earthquake
Whirlwind

Whirlwind deals with omastar, venomoth, lilligant, and all the other fun special boosters in ru. You can't blissey (infinite switch into everything special) with it, but if you misplay it basically lets you "get out of jail free" once. It's not horribly bulky though, so you do have to conserve it for when you need to use it, cause with sr + the fact you're switching it into powerful stuff, it only gets 2 switches per game. Just don't expect it to do too much and you'll get a very useful mon. A good comparison is plays like a gen 4 swampert.

This spread allows it to always do 80% damage to yanmega with rock slide, guaranteeing the ko after 2 rounds of LO recoil (you switch in on the first attack, the second onr comes because it's faster).

RestTalker @ Eviolite
Careful
188 Hp/ 104 Def/ 216 Sp. Def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Body Slam
Whilrwind

This is all I ever see on Munchlax (not entirely sure if I got the EV's right though). Why isn't it in the OP?

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
RestTalker @ Eviolite
Careful
188 Hp/ 104 Def/ 216 Sp. Def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Body Slam
Whilrwind

This is all I ever see on Munchlax (not entirely sure if I got the EV's right though). Why isn't it in the OP?
Cause I'm the only one I see using munchlax will put it in soon

Why not a toxic stall set?

Munchlax @ Evolite
Thick Fat, Careful
252 Def/100 HP/152 SpD
Toxic
Sub
Protect
Body Slam/Return

Sub up and toxic. SubProtect is good and Body Slam/Return are for STAB and so you are not taunt bait.

Why not a toxic stall set?

Munchlax @ Evolite
Thick Fat, Careful
252 Def/100 HP/152 SpD
Toxic
Sub
Protect
Body Slam/Return

Sub up and toxic. SubProtect is good and Body Slam/Return are for STAB and so you are not taunt bait.
Sub without lefties is really meh in my opinion...especially on something thats supposed to be really bulky like Munchlax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)