My all-gen team

Hello again! I added a lot more on how my team works together in terms of coverages and countering threats etc. Sorry that this is such a long process for me, as this is my first time posting in RMT! Thanks for all of your time!
Gyarados (bulky dragon dance)
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
EV's- 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spe
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Substitute

He's hear as a bulky Dragon Dance sweeper. He can take a hit or two (or three or four from certain pokes), and after a dragon dance he hits hard. He's pretty straight forward. Earthqauke is here simply because bounce isn't legal yet (as far as I know), and it's a good type coverage for some serious threats for Gyarados. Luckily, he can easily switch into earthquake which would hit Aegislash really hard and possibly do a decent amount of damage to some of the weaker members such as Volcarona and Garchomp. His typing also allows me to utilize Umbreon’s baton pass efficiently (Gyarados can witch into a bunch of pokes and set up easily. He can take a few neutral hits, but after a dragon dance or two, he’s insanely powerful).

Umbreon (mean look baton passer)
Nature: Impish
Ability: Synchronize
EV's- 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Mean Look
Moonlight
Toxic
Baton Pass

Yes, this is an Umbreon. He's really only here simply because he can mean look some poor sap, baton pass, and allow someone to set up without much of a problem (for example, baton pass to Garchomp if a jolteon is played). That's pretty much his only purpose. He can take a few hits as well as badly poison someone if need be. Moonlight is there to help recover HP. Two types that can hit Umbreon hard (fighting and bug) are easily countered by other members on the team such as Gyarados, Garchomp, and Volcarona. Otherwise, Umbreon will be able to take enough hits and recover in order to fulfill his role on my team.

Gardevoir (mega-sweeper)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Moonblast
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Gardevoir will be my mega-evolution, and she will hit pretty hard. With her type combination, she can switch into a dragon or most special attackers (due to her massive special bulk). After setting up with Calm mind, she has a plethora of moves to choose from. Moonblast will be the main STAB move here. Focus Blast will cover the steel types that would try and get in her way. Finally, shadow ball will deal with ghosts (especially that predictable Aegislash). Gardevoir will also be able to deal with annoying dragon types that are faster than Garchomp, such as the popular Noivern, easily switching in on any dragon type moves aimed at Garchomp (or anyone else on the team). She’ll also be able to switch in on any well predicted special attacks aimed at Aegislash and Volcarona (such as the occasional Hydro Pump and Flamethrower).

Garchomp (physical sweeper)
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil
EV's- 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Substitute

A lot like Blaziken, if he can set up, he is pretty much a boss. Substitute is there just in case I can get one in long enough to set up. If the substitute survives and my opponent switches in something that can damage Garchomp badly, he survives another turn to deal some damage back. Earthquake is his main STAB move here. Dragon Claw is for other dragons and birds that he can't hit with earthquake. With Garchomps typing, he can take on a lot of pokes that aren’t overly bulky and don’t have a type advantage over him. He also works really well with Gyarados, as he can switch in on both rock and electric moves aimed towards him (he may even get a chance to set up a swords dance on someone who can’t hit him hard).

Volcarona (special sweeper)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flame Body
EV's- SpA 252 / SpD 4 / Spe 252
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance
Fire Blast

Volcarona is my main Special Attacker. The good type combination should allow him to switch in on multiple opponents. With Quiver Dance, he becomes a beast. I chose a Timid nature over Modest simply because I like the speed. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance are the two go to STAB moves, and Fire Blast is there if I need to take a risk for a higher damage dealing move. Volcarona, in terms of a team player, takes out any grass types that are giving gyarados a problem (I had a close call with a Chestnaught the other day) and deals with steel or fairy types that are giving garchomp a problem (which shouldn’t happen too often due to earthquake).

Aegislash (physical tank)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Stance Change
EV's- HP 252 / Att 4 / Def 252
Swords Dance
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Iron Head

Aegislash offers a lot in terms of defense and offense. Swords Dance boosts his attack to make him worthwhile. King's Shield prevents a loss of damage, and can even ruin a physical sweepers day on a good guess. Depending on who's out, Aegislah will be able to absorb some hits and swords dance his way into a lethal sweeper. Iron Head is is STAB go to move, and Shadow Sneak has the priority (with the addition of Stab). Aegislash aims to disrupt a setup that other members cannot stop (he can switch into Dragon, Fairy, or Fighting as well as take many neutral hits). He’s also a back-up behind Volcarona to taking out pesky fighting types (though Volcarona should be able to deal with most of them).

Last edited by a moderator:

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
this is my first rating, but looking quickly at your team i think you really need to change umbreon because since 5th generation mean look is not baton passed anymore and your umbreon might become useless (unless they changed it in 6th generation). In my opinion you really need a spinner because gyarados and especially volcarona's weakness to stealth rock. The best option would be excadrill, but you need a bulky one, so forretress can be a good idea. i suggest you this set: ability: sturdy, item: leftovers, evs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD, moves: rapid spin, stealth rock, volt switch, toxic/gyro ball.

ps: sorry for my bad english

Oh man, I didn't even notice that mean look couldn't be baton passed anymore. As for the spinner, I'm starting to see how essential that would be (having faced many SR users and seeing it negatively effect my team). Forretress actually was on my mind when it came to this! So after I make the switch, how does the team look?

silver97

maybe you could change either gyarados or garchomp because they are very similar offensively, you ould replace garchomp with lucario item: life orb, adamant nature, evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP moves: swords dance, close combat, bullet punch, ice punch/thunder punch or toxicroak ability: dry skin, item: life orb, adamant/jolly nature, evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe moves: swords dance/drain punch/poison jab/ice punch, but then you would be vulnerable to talonflame wich is everywhere, so i suggest you to replace gyarados with tyranitar (if it is not so important to you to have a pokemon from every generation. Maybe you can also replace both gyarados and garchomp but i don't want to upset your team too much.

Hmmm.... I see what you're saying with those two. I do like having gyarados on my team, but I'm not necessarily too attached to garchomp. Lucario would give me a fighting type, which I am currently lacking, and talonflame would have a hard time dealing with my gyarados. Although, in the past, Lucario has not been the quickest poke in battle. At the end of the day, I just liked the concept of one from every generation (this will be the only gen where its possible), but its not necessary. Would a switch between my garchomp for a tyranitar be plausible at that point? Would Abomasnow be something to look into in place of Garchomp?

silver97

abomasnow wouldn't be a good option because you can't take advantage of its ability and you already have a 4x weakness to fire in your team, but tyranitar can replace garchomp with a choice band set, adamant nature, evs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe, moves: stone edge, crunch/pursuit, dragon claw, brick break.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)