My Gen 4 Uber Team

My Team​

This Uber team has worked for me so far, but I'm pretty new to the Uber metagame. I decided to post it here for some help.

In Depth Descriptions​
Lead:Deoxys-S
Item: Focus Sash
Ability:Pressure
EVs:4 Def/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Sp. Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Extremespeed

Deoxys-S works well for me. Taunt allows him to stop other Stealth Rock/Spikes leads. He is also very good at setting up entry hazards. I rarely use Extremespeed because I'm setting up entry hazards. I love this set, but I would like to maybe change Extremespeed for something I would use more, but altogether it works for me.

Rayquaza
Item: Life Orb
Ability:Air Lock
EVs:4 Sp. Def/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed

Rayquaza is already EXTREMELY powerful, and if I can Swords Dance, its power raised to an unbeatable level. With a speed priority move and a STAB Dragon Claw, plus Earthquake to take out Dialga and the sometimes-seen Scizor. What I like about him is that even if he doesn't dance, he's still an effective sweeper. I also love Air Lock. It helps against Kyogre and Groudon. I think he is one of my really good Pokemon.

Dialga
Item: Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
EVs:4 Atk/252 HP/252 Sp. Def
Careful Nature (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk)
-Bulk Up
-Outrage
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Dialga is a little shaky. His typing is awesome, and Bulk Up works well. When I have to use Rest, I have Sleep Talk there to help. There is one huge problem with Sleep Talk. I usually get really unlucky and use Rest, which is no help at all. Also, after 6 Bulk Ups, Dialga's confusion hurts him. So far, He has done quite well in the battles I've had, but I'm not sure if that was all just pure luck.

Darkrai
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability:Bad Dreams
EVs:4 Sp. Def/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Trick
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse

Darkrai is my #1 Pokemon. Trick makes opponents switch out, or stay in to die. Dark Void puts opponents to sleep, and it gives me a chance to Nasty Plot as my Ability eats away at their health. Then Dark Pulse can sweep because after 3 Plots, it's virtually unstoppable.

Kyogre
Item: Choice Specs
Ability:Drizzle
EVs:4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
-Water Spout
-Thunder
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Kyogre is a great sweeper. Thunder never misses in rain, and Water Spout with Specs, Full health, STAB, and in the rain is AWESOME, while Ice Beam gets rid of pesky Dragon types. He also sets up rain for my revenge killer Kabutops. Over all, he can usually kill two Pokemon, then lets Kabutops take care of a few more.

Kabutops
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs:4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
-Waterfall
-Low Kick
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor

Kabutops has been sweeping very well. Once Kyogre dies, Kabutops takes advantage of the permanent rain. He becoumes extremely fast, and Band makes him stronger. Scarfed Groudons threaten with Earthquake, but I can just switch to Rayquaza and Dance on the switch. Altogether, Kabutops does his job as a revenge killer.

So That's My Team
I would like to take any constructive criticism. CONSTRUCTIVE! I just want to make my team better. I thank you all for reading. Please comment!

Darkrai
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability:Bad Dreams
EVs:4 Sp. Def/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
-Trick
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
Why do you have a stat boosting move on a Choiced Pokémon?

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed Trick

I'd use sub over plot as you can scout the switch better, or just dark void on the switch and have dark pulse and focus blast on it

EDIT: Dialga doesn't realy enjoy taking draco meteors so i'd switch to either a SP def skarm or a blissey

What exactly is this team's win-lose ratio? I've tested it out and it was 10;7 but i'm here to increase it to 14:8 so do you want an thourough analysis or just a rate well..i tested it so too bad, you get analysis

First off, your team core is Darkrai, right? I'll just note to the people above that Darkrai can 3HKO Blissey whom was put to sleep and recieved Nightmare damage for 3 turns after +6? Or if you'd prefer a steady defeat to your opponent, i propose a Dark Void Xtreme set (that's the name i gave it.):

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast / Dream Eater
- Nightmare

Ok, this may look Sly but it's good, because after putting your opponent to sleep, you the battle's pretty much over, inflict it with a Nightmare or whack at it with Focus Blast or Dark Pulse respectively, or if you're like me and you save Darkrai for late-game sweep, put Dream Eater over Focus Blast and let your opponent suffer Bad Dreams, Nightmare and Dream Eater damage while healing yourself up.

Mono-attacker Dialga is unreliable, use something like this for your mid-game sweeper;

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

This thing...synergizes more with your team than your Dialga did especially towards your Darkrai core and your Deoxys-S Lead, since it'll eat Fighting-type attacks aimed at Darkrai and it also serves as a Spinblocker so your Deoxys-S's efforts won't go to waste. The moveset is standard so i don't have anything to say.

As for the rest of your team, it's solid but put DDance over SD on Rayquaza since at +3 Spd and Atk, it can't be stopped by any method other than Revenge Kill. Good Luck!

Firstly, I forward Alca's notion of putting in Giratina-O in in place of Rayquaza, since it basically provides the same, if not better protection against Dialga's weaknesses while still offering offense and acting as a spinblocker.

The "Sleep abuse" version of Darkrai is very strong in unsupervised battles, but Smogon uses Sleep clause. Any perceptive opponent will have just switched the sleeping Pokemon out, while you can't Dark Void another due to the mechanics of said clause. Honestly, a Nasty Plot + Substitute + Dark Void Darkrai is plenty cheap enough, and is much more effective under normal gameplay conditions.

I personally don't like using standard speed based leads (although I often do anyway), because you end up getting into so many luck ties at the start of matches. I've always been partial to using an anti-lead of sorts that is built to counter opposing Deoxys leads:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Icy Wind
-Shadow Ball
-Spikes
-Taunt

Basically, this set's effectiveness comes from the fact that a bunch of Uber Pokemon are weak to Ice and Ghost, which includes Deoxys. Using Icy Wind first turn while Deoxys Taunts allows you to kill it next turn with Shadow Ball. Oftentimes even, the enemy Deoxys can't even touch you anyway, if they are using a set similar to yours. It also blocks Foretress from Rapid Spinning while you Spike, so it's basically forced to use Payback on you.

One of the neat things about Icy Wind is its ability to slow down other Pokemon who may switch in, and the fact that its Super Effective on so many opponents. Using this set, if you can't set up Spikes on your own, you're likely to have at least removed the opponent's Spike lead, which is arguably better.

I'm not sure how useful Taunt is in Ubers. This set was originally seen in UU as a way of countering other Froslass, back in the day. Someone actually put it in the analysis somewhere, so you can look over some of the alternatives and consider if Taunt is worth it or not. You may consider using Destiny Bond, although I've never been able to get that move to work consistently. It's a good way, however, to get a couple more Spike layers down while the opponent frets about killing you.

There are of course, other options aside from Froslass. You might consider using a Deoxys A instead of an S variant, because the only real reason to use a Deoxys S is to try to speed tie with other Deoxys S. At least with a Deoxys A, you can potentially do a gigantic amount of damage to the opposing side, and you can still basically act as the same kind of entry hazard lead.

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Hasty
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fire]/Taunt
-Stealth Rock/Spikes

There are a bunch of other applicable attacks, from Grass Knot, to Thunder, to Superpower, to Extremespeed. Extremespeed in particular, might see more use if not outspeeding Deoxys S starts to bug you.

Thanks for all of your criticism. I'm ready to change my Darkrai, and I'll most likely replace my Dialga with a Giratina. I'm gonna keep that Deoxys S lead for now, but I might use the Froslass. Thanks to everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)