My OU team

Hey this is my OU team I've been using for a while now and winning I'd say about 75% of the time. I'm looking to get some more range in what my pokemon can do and maybe get a pokemon from each gen if possible. I don't like to use legionaries but I'm up for any suggestions.

Scizor (M) aka Weapon-x @ Leftovers
Trait:Technician
EVs:252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Bullet Punch
~ Sword Dance
~ Bug Bite
~ Roost

Scizor my 2nd Favorite Pokemon acts as my main sweeper. This is just the standard SD Scizor. Bug bite and bullet punch give me decent coverage and stab boost. I threw on Roost for when I get burnt so that I can't be stalled out easily. Roost also comes in handy when I know my opponent's next move can't KO me and I need more health.

Gengar(F) aka GengBang @Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4HP/ 252SpA/ 252Spe
Nature: Timid
~ Sludge Wave
~ Thunder
~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball

Gengar is pretty hard to explain. I usually switch her in on ground, normal, and fighting moves. I gave it Thunder specifically for rain teams. Energy Ball deals with Terrakions and does decent damage on Tyranitars. Sludge wave and Shadow ball are great STAB moves and do major damage on most pokemon.

Porygon-Z aka Zeta @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4HP/ 252SpA/ 252Spe
Nature: Modest
~ Charge Beam
~ Nasty Plot
~ Tri Attack
~ Signal Beam

Porygon is my Anti-Lead pokemon. One Tri attack from this thing deals major damage on almost every lead. If I meet any speed boost leads I nasty plot up and spam tri attack until I hit the switch in Pokemon which dies 90% of the time. I use charge beam to kill anything with less than 10% health and it boosts my SpA pretty often. Signal beam for Tyranitar.

Slowbro(M) Broseph @Leftovers
Trait:Regenerator
EVs: 170HP/ 252Def/ 88SpA
Nature: Bold
~ Surf
~ Focus Blast
~ Ice Beam
~ Fire Blast
Slowbro is my Physically Defensive Tank. I got him at first because I had nothing to deal with scarfed Keldeo which I see A LOT ( I play so many rain teams :/ ). He came in handy a lot against Sandstorm and Sun teams as well. He can even take a lot of super effective moves and survive and take out the enemy.

Lucario(F) aka Anubis @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4HP/ 252Atk/ 252Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Sword Dance
~ Drain Punch
~ Bullet Punch
~ Extreme Speed

Lucario is my wall breaker. I originally got him because he could learn 3 Priority moves(BP EXspeed and Vacuum wave) But then I realized anything that couldn't be taken out by a boosted Bullet punch or Extreme speed was slow enough for me to drain punch . Takes out most walls excluding gliscor and Jellicent. I can also set up on almost all walls and sweep a nice amount of an opposing team.
Weavile(M) aka BOBnWEAVE@ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32HP/ 252Atk/ 224Spe
Nature: Jolly
~ Ice Shard
~ Night Slash
~ Low Kick
~ Ice Punch

My favorite pokemon ever and my late game sweeper/ revenge killer. Weavile is a monster and can OHKO most threats in OU with ease. Its one of the fastest pokemon and it rarely ever gets hit. I only put it in on 2 occasions. 1 my opponents strategy is known his pokemon have all taken at least some damage and I can at least OHKO most of them. 2 My opponent is setting up a sweep and Weavile can destroy whatever was setting up. This thing here is my pride and joy.

That's about it. If you have any advice or tips for me please let me know. Thanks in advance

• Gengar shouldn't have Black Sludge. Life Orb would be a lot better for the role your Gengar is playing. Black Sludge is better left to SubDisable Gengar so he can make more Subs, but your Gengar is more of a wall-breaker, so Life Orb is definitely more suitable. You should use Focus Blast over Sludge Wave to hit Blissey and Steel Types.

• Believe it or not, you have a fire weakness. Scizor, Weavile, and Lucario are all destroyed by Sun Teams, and Fire Types in general, especially Heatran.

• Lucario should have a Life Orb, as Silk Scarf really isn't that good.

• Same on PorygonZ, Silk Scarf is rather bad. Expert Belt could be good on Z due to his coverage options.

PorygonZ@ExpertBelt

Trace
252SpAtk 252Spd 4Whatever

Nasty Plot
Charge Beam/ Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Tri Attack

• Slowbro has too many attacks. Focus Blast has poor accuracy and redundant coverage, so Slack Off or Thunder Wave should be used in its place.

• Scizor is walled by Steel Types, but there really isn't an effective coverage move to add outside of Brick Break, which is really bad so don't sweat it.

• Lastly you lack Stealth Rock. For an edge over Sun Teams, and Stealth Rocks, you could try Landorus-T, preferably replaced with Weavile. I know that its your fave poke, but it is better left in UU where it preforms at its best :(:

Landorus-T@Leftovers

Intimidate
252 HP 4Atk 252Def

SR
EQ
Stone Edge
UTurn

Thanks bobismoi,

So for Slowbro would slack off or thunderwave be better

For Landorus-T would he be more of a lead or what?

any other tips for the fire weakness?

• For Slowbro, it largely depends on what your team needs. Since Slowbro is litterly your only wall, so keeping it healthy with Slack Off is probably your best bet. You could remove Fire Blast since it's only target is Ferrothorn or Scizor, and then use Thunder Wave. But if you feel the need to cover Ferrothorn and Scizor than Slack Off comes first.
  • Landorus-T can do all you want and more... :D He makes a decent lead, but if you plan on leading with him, invest some more in speed EVs for a faster U-Turn. He's also a great defensive pivot late game, able to set up rocks and quickly U-Turn out. He can also set up rocks several times throughout the game, provided your Rocks are spun away or Magic Bounced, which makes him pretty good. The Intimidate ability also makes it useful to keep him around in order to slow down opposing sweepers.
  • For the Fire Weakness, I would recommend Heatran over Lucario. This adds another wall, which your team sorely needs, and his Flash Fire ability makes him immune to Fire attacks. He can also burn Physical attackers making there hits weaker. Due to Slowbro being physical, I'll give you a special wall Heatran to get you started:

Heatran@Leftovers/ Air Balloon

Flash Fire
248 HP 8 Def 252 SpDef

Lava Plume
Protect
Roar
Toxic/ Will o Wisp

Lava Plume gets some handy burns, Protect stalls for time and leftovers, Roar phazes out set-up sweepers and gets additional SR damage. Toxic is usually the better choice over Will o Wisp, for accuracy reasons.

Good luck with the team, and alert me after you have tested the changes :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)