SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

There is a precedent of some trainers aging very well

There's aging well and there is making a deal with Giratina.

Why you so sure? Hoenn and Kalos feel like regions that would be relatively close to each other. Sinnoh would be the furthest away (and quite North)
It has been stated that Kalos is close to Unova and Unova is far away from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Why you so sure? Hoenn and Kalos feel like regions that would be relatively close to each other. Sinnoh would be the furthest away (and quite North)
True, though I would argue to me its implied that the Pokemon World's geography is roughly the same as Earth's I can't really prove that, I do have other points:

1. If they do make remakes for those games, do you think they'll leave out Mega Evolutions? Probably not, the reason they created this alternate timeline split is to explain why now older stories are having Mega Evolution elements in them.

2. In B2W2 we had the Pokemon World Tournament where past region Gym Leaders ad Champions appeared in and battled. The Hoenn Gym Leaders and Champions were clearly based on the Gen III ones who we now know are in an alternate timeline.

True, though I would argue to me its implied that the Pokemon World's geography is roughly the same as Earth's I can't really prove that, I do have other points:

1. If they do make remakes for those games, do you think they'll leave out Mega Evolutions? Probably not, the reason they created this alternate timeline split is to explain why now older stories are having Mega Evolution elements in them.

2. In B2W2 we had the Pokemon World Tournament where past region Gym Leaders ad Champions appeared in and battled. The Hoenn Gym Leaders and Champions were clearly based on the Gen III ones who we now know are in an alternate timeline.
1. No. Part of me would like them to not treat them like a big deal. Giovanni, E4 all have Megas and they're rare but not the be all and end all of Pokemon like they are in Gen 6. But that's just me.
2. Eh I skipped gen 5 so I'll take your word on it

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
1. No. Part of me would like them to not treat them like a big deal. Giovanni, E4 all have Megas and they're rare but not the be all and end all of Pokemon like they are in Gen 6. But that's just me.
1. Yeah, I'm hoping after Gen 6 they stop treating Mega Evolution as such a big thing. Next Gen up for a remake is IV which already have Pokemon on the same power levels of gods so there's no need to treat Mega Evolutions in those games as anything but just a power-up to do what they need to do.

Not sure if realized, but about the 39 year old Rising Star: This, along a Sky Trainer calling it a "tight costume", is proof that we are indeed seeing the laziness of Gamefreak, not willing to create more modells/art for the unimportant character, because obviously they are all different. It makes also sense in the context that for other player, we can look like an ace trainer and stuff.

tl,dr: Enemy mooks looks like they look like because gamefreak is lazy

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Not sure if realized, but about the 39 year old Rising Star: This, along a Sky Trainer calling it a "tight costume", is proof that we are indeed seeing the laziness of Gamefreak, not willing to create more modells/art for the unimportant character, because obviously they are all different. It makes also sense in the context that for other player, we can look like an ace trainer and stuff.

tl,dr: Enemy mooks looks like they look like because gamefreak is lazy
One of my favorite things about the Colosseum game is that every trainer looked unique, they just had slight design changes or color swaps. Right now for Gen VI I'll give them some slack as its their first step in 3D and they had a LOT to do, though I am hoping next gen they do start giving all trainers a 3D model and allowing them to have different clothing styles and color swaps to make all trainers have some uniqueness but at the same time fall within the trainer class they're suppose to be.

One of my favorite things about the Colosseum game is that every trainer looked unique, they just had slight design changes or color swaps. Right now for Gen VI I'll give them some slack as its their first step in 3D and they had a LOT to do, though I am hoping next gen they do start giving all trainers a 3D model and allowing them to have different clothing styles and color swaps to make all trainers have some uniqueness but at the same time fall within the trainer class they're suppose to be.
I agree, I also thought of Colloseum while making the above post.
Funny how Colloseum had lazy Pokemon models(Jumpluff had square shadows for the arms lmao), and for some odd reason a normal shadow pokemon turned into a shiny. Was a weird experience. But they got the Trainer models correct :P

And Pokemon REALLY need more move animations. How is it that Pokemon Stadium managed to have Kick, Punch etc. Animations for all Pokemon (Kabutops had the best Mega Kick ever)

Ehem...
Yeah I stop with that, doesn't fit the Mysteries of Pokemon enough.
Although...
how exactly does the Contest stats like "Tough" work? Can someboy explain

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
how exactly does the Contest stats like "Tough" work? Can someboy explain
I think the "Tough" condition are moves that looks like a Pokemon with massive strength or power would perform with all their might.

Honestly all the Contest conditions are a bit dubious on what exactly about the move makes it fall into that category. And I'm sure sometimes its mainly about balance.

I think the "Tough" condition are moves that looks like a Pokemon with massive strength or power would perform with all their might.

Honestly all the Contest conditions are a bit dubious on what exactly about the move makes it fall into that category. And I'm sure sometimes its mainly about balance.
Basically the contest types work like this:
  • Cute: d'aww-indicing moments. actions that are either girly, childish or precious-moments inducing.
  • Tough: MANLY!!! Signs of Straight and proof that the participant have massive balls.
  • Beauty: Graceful, elegant or just plain Flashy
  • Clever: I assume moves involving manipulation or stratigic or "smart" use of strange elements.
  • Cool: Imagine Moves Rainbow Dash or SOnic would use. You'd get a general idea of the type then.
What are the movies that don't fit these molds?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Basically the contest types work like this:
  • Cute: d'aww-indicing moments. actions that are either girly, childish or precious-moments inducing.
  • Tough: MANLY!!! Signs of Straight and proof that the participant have massive balls.
  • Beauty: Graceful, elegant or just plain Flashy
  • Clever: I assume moves involving manipulation or stratigic or "smart" use of strange elements.
  • Cool: Imagine Moves Rainbow Dash or SOnic would use. You'd get a general idea of the type then.
What are the movies that don't fit these molds?
Cute: Block, Brave Bird, Bug Buzz, Embargo, Facade, Frustration, Guard Swap, Magnet Rise, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Nasty Plot, Sand-Attack, Shadow Claw, & Sharpen.
Tough: Double Slap, Fury Swipes, Lick, Rain Dance, & Scratch.
Beauty/Beautiful: Assurance, Bulk Up, Explosion, Gastro Acid, Giga Impact, Mean Look, Night Slash, Power Swap, & Selfdestruct.
Smart/Clever: Beat Up, Close Combat, Double Hit, Draco Meteor, Fake Tears, & Judgement
Cool: Cut, Rage, & Struggle.

Honestly I saw plenty of moves I would categorize somewhere else, but here's the moves I feel don't quite fit in the categories they were put in. Honestly the only picks I question are the ones for the Cool category, but that's mainly because out of all the categories Cool is one I find the most subjective. Second would be Smart/Clever as I had to ask myself what intelligence is behind some of these moves. The other three I had no problem with.

Though as you can imagine, my picks is my opinion and I would not blame you if you can see these moves fitting into their categories. Honestly for Cute, Tough, and Beauty I think it'll more have to do with the Pokemon using the move and/or how the move is performed than the move itself. Maybe a bit for Smart and Cool too but for Smart I can see there being some logic behind what moves would be counted as such. And once again, Cool is subjective.

Cute: Block, Brave Bird, Bug Buzz, Embargo, Facade, Frustration, Guard Swap, Magnet Rise, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Nasty Plot, Sand-Attack, Shadow Claw, & Sharpen.
Beauty/Beautiful: Assurance, Bulk Up, Explosion, Gastro Acid, Giga Impact, Mean Look, Night Slash, Power Swap, & Selfdestruct.
Smart/Clever: Beat Up, Close Combat, Double Hit, Draco Meteor, Fake Tears, & Judgement
Yeah I get it's you opinion and all. I think Sand Attack (think of kids playing at the beach), Frustration (mainly regarding Tsundere personalities), Double Slap, Explosion, Selfdestuct (fireworks prove that explosions could be used creatively), Beat Up (more "street smart" than "book smart"), Draco Meteor (Space as a topic of scientists) and Fake Tears (again, more "street smart") as fitting the categories you listed, though I do agree with you with Nasty Plot, Rain Dance Close Combat, Judgement and most of the ones in Beautiful that listed to be mismatched

Close Combat was changed to Tough in oRaS. Thank goodness.

Just a simple question, is Juan referenced at all in ORAS? At first when Wallace was talking about his "old master" I thought he was talking about Juan, but it turns out to be a generic old man npc who guards the entrance to Cave of origins and mentioned the AZ tree.

Here's one I read in the "(Little) Things that annoy you in Gen 6" thread:
You can obtain Team Flare bags in Super Training even in OR/AS. I do not mind the baloons being Kalos dex mons, but OR/AS preceeds X/Y by at least half a decade and I doubt Flare was known by the public at the time.
The best I've got is that
A) Team Flare existed for a good time before the events of X and Y (well, they kinda had to be considering the work it would take for something like their secret base to be constructed and for them to fix up the Ultimate Weapon).
and B) Super Training might have been originally created in Kalos. If Team Flare was known at the time, it would make sense that a bag was based off of them. Eventually, Super Training went to Hoenn and the Team Flare Bags were brought there was well.

It's confirmed in the games that Super Training was created by Clemont, so yeah, that makes sense.
The question is why would Team Flare, the money grubbing bastards they were depicted as, let Clemont makes bags with their logo? Did they not think to hire Lawyers (something that would be stupid, given their leader is a CEO) or do Gym Leaders have some governmental authority that allows them to license anything for free?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think we're looking way too much into the Team Flare Bag. If you want a story reason for it, being Super Training was on the Holo Caster it was maybe something a Flare programmer added in for laughs. Then when it was ported over to the PokeNav plus it was kept as no one knew about it and it's not like it was causing any problems (and I think by the time Shelly and Tabitha joined Team Aqua and Magma, respectively, they had already left Devon Corporation so there was no Team Aqua/Magma programmer to add in/replace the Flare bag with their own bag (and that's if they thought of it and knew about the Team Flare bag and knew it represented another villain organization)).

Though personally I just see it as an oversight as I do think had GameFreak remembered they would have replaced it with an Aqua/Magma bag.

I think we're looking way too much into the Team Flare Bag. If you want a story reason for it, being Super Training was on the Holo Caster it was maybe something a Flare programmer added in for laughs. Then when it was ported over to the PokeNav plus it was kept as no one knew about it and it's not like it was causing any problems (and I think by the time Shelly and Tabitha joined Team Aqua and Magma, respectively, they had already left Devon Corporation so there was no Team Aqua/Magma programmer to add in/replace the Flare bag with their own bag (and that's if they thought of it and knew about the Team Flare bag and knew it represented another villain organization)).

Though personally I just see it as an oversight as I do think had GameFreak remembered they would have replaced it with an Aqua/Magma bag.
I disagree with your last statement here. Considering the entirety of Super Training is just directly ported over from X/Y, complete with the exact same balloon bots to fight, Game Freak couldn't be bothered with updating any of it.

Wouldn't Clemont, who's a kid, be a baby during OR/AS, where the PSS exists? How could he have created it, then? (And he only created the PSS, not Amie or Super Training).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)