Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 44: Latios-Mega

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
Sugar! - System of a Down | Booster Spam Offense ft. Iron Jugulis
:sv/gouging fire: :sv/iron boulder: :sv/iron valiant: :sv/iron jugulis: :sv/ferrothorn: :sv/slowking-galar:
:gouging fire: :iron boulder: :iron valiant: :iron jugulis: :landorus-therian: :scizor-mega: Version 2

:sv/gouging fire:

Gouging Fire is one of the biggest threats in the metagame right now, and it's what we're building around. Protosynthesis + Dragon Dance can steal games away. Running 3 attacks instead of Morning Sun lets Gouging Fire make the most of that one setup opportunity, and Dragon STAB is nice as a neutral hit on most of the metagame that can take on Flare Blitz and EQ. Flare Blitz is being run over Heat Crash because it's a more reliable form of damage, and while Heat Crash preserves Gouging Fire's longevity, it's meant to either die early-game after ripping holes into the opponent's team or sweep late-game.

:sv/iron boulder:
Swords Dance Iron Boulder is a good wallbreaker and cleaner that pairs incredibly well with Gouging Fire, as both take advantage of each others' main checks (Gouging Fire destroys Steel-types like Mega Scizor that can take on Iron Boulder, while Boulder outspeeds and KOs Scarfers that would otherwise revenge kill Gouging Fire and threatens out opposing Fire-types). Both also synergize well in what they do - they can either wallbreak early-game for the other to clean, or vice versa.

:sv/iron valiant:
CM Iron Valiant is a special attacker that also can win games by itself, while hitting physical walls like Dondozo hard. Not much else to say here.

:sv/iron jugulis:
Iron Jugulis hasn't been seen in the metagame for a long time, but it's a Paradox mon with reasonable strength and a spammable STAB combo, so I had to put it on the team. It functions as a sort of glue - U-turn is always clickable, while Specs STAB Hurricane and Dark Pulse hit quite hard. It also provides some very vital defensive utility, being the only Ground immunity on the team. It also doesn't rely on a consumable item like the rest of the offensive core, so it is a relatively safe mon to go into and click strong buttons with. While I playtested with this thing, not many teams had a good Flying-type switch-in, and midgrounds like pivot Glowking take around 60%. This is deceptively strong.

:sv/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn makes up one half of the defensive core. It lays Spikes to make the entire team's wallbreaking job far easier, while also being able to deal with Fairy-types that would otherwise threaten the rest of the team. It also appreciates most of its weaknesses being covered for, as its Fire weakness is handled by both Gouging Fire and Iron Boulder, while its Fighting weakness is handled by Galarian Slowking and Iron Valiant.

:sv/slowking-galar:
Speaking of Galarian Slowking, it finds a place in this team as the Fighting resistance that's more reliable than Iron Valiant. It also provides some crucial Future Sight support for our wallbreakers, while offering them safe pivots on threatening mons with Chilly Reception. It's also the only mon on this team with any semblance of reliable longevity (I don't count Leech Seed as "reliable").

This team is mainly designed to be a turn-your-brain-off Offense, so the best way to play is usually just to click your strong buttons, but be sure to use the defensive core to the best of your potential. Additionally, make sure to tell whether or not to switch something in and use up Booster Energy at a time - for example, early-game Glowking Chilly Receptions or Iron Jugulis U-turns should usually be routed to a member of the defensive core. (also how hard is it to say what each team member does, c'mon)

EDIT: Sub + SD Iron Boulder, a tech used in NDFL, is a good optimization to the team.

REPLAYS:
RunicPower419 vs. max kilman - Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com)
looking 4 horizons vs. Wildfiree - Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com) [alternate version]
untrue_reality vs. looking 4 horizons - Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com) [alternate version]

Last edited:
Playing by the rules: Gouging Rai stack w. AV Lando
:gouging-fire: :darkrai: :landorus-therian: :gliscor: :ferrothorn: :alomomola:

:gouging-fire:
Certified menace right here. Sweeps right through many an unprepared team.

:landorus-therian:
I know it looks weird. AV allows Lando to live hits from boosted mons like Darkrai's +2 dark pulse, U-turn is obvious, -spe nature making it into a slow pivot, Payback deals with psychic types, and tera dark produces an excellent wincon. HP ice helps hit other Landos.

:darkrai:
Mr. Hot Topic is pretty good on this team. Thunderbolt gets past bozo with ease, dark pulse is a great STAB, and z-fight flblast helps with Chansey/Blissey.

:gliscor:
Hazard setter/control, normal stuff.

:ferrothorn:
Gets rocks, chips, knocks, sits there like the fat orb it is.

:Alomomola:
Pivots with Lando, wishpasses to any teammates who were crippled previously using its ridiculous HP stat.

So yeah™

:sv/tapu-bulu: :sv/gouging-fire: :sv/iron-hands: :sv/zapdos: :sv/alomomola: :sv/garganacl:

First time posting here.Decided it would be the perfect time to share one of my teams, since Gouging Greg is one of my favs out of all the new mons coming out.

:sv/tapu-bulu:
This guy is a badass.While it does not have access to glide like the other grassy surge mon, it has stone edge, a move that helps it out a ton imo, since rilla gets folded by :zapdos: :moltres: :charizard: while this guy can just one tap them with a well timed stone edged( if u land it that is).Tera steel works too, as with the emo :darkrai: being free,using tera steel as it tries to sludge bomb u could help a lot.

:sv/Gouging-Fire:
This set is a Pokerich Clique classic.Its speed evs let it outspeed scarf lele after 2 dd and its spdef evs lets it get a booster spdef boost.The grassy terrain helps this guy a lot, practically making it lose its weakness to eq for a few turns.This thing loves the fact that bulu can also kill :Great-Tusk: and :alomomola:, two things that can really counter this set.Get this guy in after those 2 are dead and you have an incredible sweeper.

:sv/Iron-Hands:
An example of a very underated but strong mon, Iron Hands is ur guy if u want a bulky sweeper.Its hp stat is ginormous,letting it take a lot of hits so it can either score a ko or just sd up.Tera water lets it get free boosts on water types, and can also help its matchup vs rain teams(not that u would have that much trouble with rain teams anyways).Loves grassy terrain being down, giving it a bit of healing every turn and again,making eqs hit less hard.You could also go tera poison/steel if you really have the risk of getting poisoned by something.

:sv/zapdos:
Needed some hazzard removal so i added this guy.Pretty good mon to have in general, can shrug off hits and threaten mons like :lopunny-mega: :rillaboom: :medicham-mega: with static para, esp since they like to spam fake out/u-turn a lot.Can also help gfire with countering great tusk.If need be, u can also just tera dragon in front of :ogerpon-wellspring: to counter it.

:sv/Alomomola:
Shameonela or whatever Oculars calls this.Getting flip turn was so huge for it.Very good mon,can just wishpass to the other guys in the team when needed, or it can just shut down other mons with toxic.U have no idea how many things mola can bullshit its way through by just using toxic on something then spamming wish+protect or just switching back and forth.

:sv/garganacl:
I don't really like salt in my food usually, but i really love salt in my pokemon teams.Another mons that loves the fact grassy terrain can make it take eqs better.Can also win late game if ur opponent doesn't have a way to kill garg fast, as it can just spam salt cure to force switches and spam curse to boost its stats, making it unkillable.Pairs pretty well with zapdos, as zapdos can absorb ground moves and also shrug off grass type hits.Loves the fact mola can pass it a wish in case it can't come in to recover.Tera fairy can work here too.

Hope y'all have succes and have fun with this, it was fun building it, even more fun using it on ladder :bellipog:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A
https://pokepast.es/c2bf02407e89b4b7
Ok so I originally wanted this to be a kinda balance thing but someone told me it looked aggro so I decided to make it an offense team. I didn’t put much thought into it either so this isn’t one of my greater works but this is the best I could come up for gouging that wasn’t some boring sun team. It uses dd gouging as a wincon that helps against Ferro mainly which this team can struggle with but also other grasses like kart rilla and Hydrapple (using that as an example as it checks waterpon to a degree). Of course msciz also does this but the difference is with booster and scale shot gouging is much, much more threatening and breaks through stuff easier. Tera steel is for Mola bait as well as helping against locked ival and lele in general. Taunt waterpon helps deny hazards which this gouging hates and lele forms a solid offensive core with waterpon as well as being speed control. Msciz and Lando provide a defensive backbone and are pivots that bring in the main 3 offensive threats safely, and with rocks Lando you pretty much have a regular offense right here.
Team B
https://pokepast.es/59741f98e7a3c9c6
Grass Whistle Mega Sceptile Sun ft Scarf Tusk:
After seeing that it was for Gouging Fire I Knew that I had to build sun.
Torkoal is the designated sun setter. It can spin and also get hazards up.
Gouging Fire is standard boots set. Heat crash and EQ are great while Ddance is good setup and Morning sun provides longevity.
I decided I wanted a water resist but instead of looking at something boring like Waterpon I decided on Mega Sceptile. I didn't want another physical attacker but due to its limited special move pool I was stuck with only 3 moves. Grass whistle seemed pretty useful in certain tight situations even if it is a large gamble finishing off a.... special set
I also wanted a fairy and was considering Hatterene but Clefable provided a second Rocker for the team as well as an unaware mon to stop setup sweepers destroying everything.
Scarf Tusk is great speed control outside of sun as well as being very threatening with it up. Pretty standard coverage and knock off could be picked over tera blast on this.
Raging Bolt can basically be worse, special gambit. I opted for AV over a calm mind set as it can tank pretty much all special moves and quite often KO back.
Team C
https://pokepast.es/65193cb6e0cccfd2
Much like Dozkek I too suck at team descriptions, and so, there will be none.
Team D
Sugar! - System of a Down | Booster Spam Offense ft. Iron Jugulis
:sv/gouging fire: :sv/iron boulder: :sv/iron valiant: :sv/iron jugulis: :sv/ferrothorn: :sv/slowking-galar:
:gouging fire: :iron boulder: :iron valiant: :iron jugulis: :landorus-therian: :scizor-mega: Version 2

:sv/gouging fire:

Gouging Fire is one of the biggest threats in the metagame right now, and it's what we're building around. Protosynthesis + Dragon Dance can steal games away. Running 3 attacks instead of Morning Sun lets Gouging Fire make the most of that one setup opportunity, and Dragon STAB is nice as a neutral hit on most of the metagame that can take on Flare Blitz and EQ. Flare Blitz is being run over Heat Crash because it's a more reliable form of damage, and while Heat Crash preserves Gouging Fire's longevity, it's meant to either die early-game after ripping holes into the opponent's team or sweep late-game.

:sv/iron boulder:
Swords Dance Iron Boulder is a good wallbreaker and cleaner that pairs incredibly well with Gouging Fire, as both take advantage of each others' main checks (Gouging Fire destroys Steel-types like Mega Scizor that can take on Iron Boulder, while Boulder outspeeds and KOs Scarfers that would otherwise revenge kill Gouging Fire and threatens out opposing Fire-types). Both also synergize well in what they do - they can either wallbreak early-game for the other to clean, or vice versa.

:sv/iron valiant:
CM Iron Valiant is a special attacker that also can win games by itself, while hitting physical walls like Dondozo hard. Not much else to say here.

:sv/iron jugulis:
Iron Jugulis hasn't been seen in the metagame for a long time, but it's a Paradox mon with reasonable strength and a spammable STAB combo, so I had to put it on the team. It functions as a sort of glue - U-turn is always clickable, while Specs STAB Hurricane and Dark Pulse hit quite hard. It also provides some very vital defensive utility, being the only Ground immunity on the team. It also doesn't rely on a consumable item like the rest of the offensive core, so it is a relatively safe mon to go into and click strong buttons with. While I playtested with this thing, not many teams had a good Flying-type switch-in, and midgrounds like pivot Glowking take around 60%. This is deceptively strong.

:sv/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn makes up one half of the defensive core. It lays Spikes to make the entire team's wallbreaking job far easier, while also being able to deal with Fairy-types that would otherwise threaten the rest of the team. It also appreciates most of its weaknesses being covered for, as its Fire weakness is handled by both Gouging Fire and Iron Boulder, while its Fighting weakness is handled by Galarian Slowking and Iron Valiant.

:sv/slowking-galar:
Speaking of Galarian Slowking, it finds a place in this team as the Fighting resistance that's more reliable than Iron Valiant. It also provides some crucial Future Sight support for our wallbreakers, while offering them safe pivots on threatening mons with Chilly Reception. It's also the only mon on this team with any semblance of reliable longevity (I don't count Leech Seed as "reliable").

This team is mainly designed to be a turn-your-brain-off Offense, so the best way to play is usually just to click your strong buttons, but be sure to use the defensive core to the best of your potential. Additionally, make sure to tell whether or not to switch something in and use up Booster Energy at a time - for example, early-game Glowking Chilly Receptions or Iron Jugulis U-turns should usually be routed to a member of the defensive core. (also how hard is it to say what each team member does, c'mon)

EDIT: Sub + SD Iron Boulder, a tech used in NDFL, is a good optimization to the team.

REPLAYS:
RunicPower419 vs. max kilman - Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com)
looking 4 horizons vs. Wildfiree - Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com) [alternate version]
untrue_reality vs. looking 4 horizons - Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com) [alternate version]
Team E
Playing by the rules: Gouging Rai stack w. AV Lando
:gouging-fire: :darkrai: :landorus-therian: :gliscor: :ferrothorn: :alomomola:

:gouging-fire:
Certified menace right here. Sweeps right through many an unprepared team.

:landorus-therian:
I know it looks weird. AV allows Lando to live hits from boosted mons like Darkrai's +2 dark pulse, U-turn is obvious, -spe nature making it into a slow pivot, Payback deals with psychic types, and tera dark produces an excellent wincon. HP ice helps hit other Landos.

:darkrai:
Mr. Hot Topic is pretty good on this team. Thunderbolt gets past bozo with ease, dark pulse is a great STAB, and z-fight flblast helps with Chansey/Blissey.

:gliscor:
Hazard setter/control, normal stuff.

:ferrothorn:
Gets rocks, chips, knocks, sits there like the fat orb it is.

:Alomomola:
Pivots with Lando, wishpasses to any teammates who were crippled previously using its ridiculous HP stat.

So yeah™
Team F
:sv/tapu-bulu: :sv/gouging-fire: :sv/iron-hands: :sv/zapdos: :sv/alomomola: :sv/garganacl:

First time posting here.Decided it would be the perfect time to share one of my teams, since Gouging Greg is one of my favs out of all the new mons coming out.

:sv/tapu-bulu:
This guy is a badass.While it does not have access to glide like the other grassy surge mon, it has stone edge, a move that helps it out a ton imo, since rilla gets folded by :zapdos: :moltres: :charizard: while this guy can just one tap them with a well timed stone edged( if u land it that is).Tera steel works too, as with the emo :darkrai: being free,using tera steel as it tries to sludge bomb u could help a lot.

:sv/Gouging-Fire:
This set is a Pokerich Clique classic.Its speed evs let it outspeed scarf lele after 2 dd and its spdef evs lets it get a booster spdef boost.The grassy terrain helps this guy a lot, practically making it lose its weakness to eq for a few turns.This thing loves the fact that bulu can also kill :Great-Tusk: and :alomomola:, two things that can really counter this set.Get this guy in after those 2 are dead and you have an incredible sweeper.

:sv/Iron-Hands:
An example of a very underated but strong mon, Iron Hands is ur guy if u want a bulky sweeper.Its hp stat is ginormous,letting it take a lot of hits so it can either score a ko or just sd up.Tera water lets it get free boosts on water types, and can also help its matchup vs rain teams(not that u would have that much trouble with rain teams anyways).Loves grassy terrain being down, giving it a bit of healing every turn and again,making eqs hit less hard.You could also go tera poison/steel if you really have the risk of getting poisoned by something.

:sv/zapdos:
Needed some hazzard removal so i added this guy.Pretty good mon to have in general, can shrug off hits and threaten mons like :lopunny-mega: :rillaboom: :medicham-mega: with static para, esp since they like to spam fake out/u-turn a lot.Can also help gfire with countering great tusk.If need be, u can also just tera dragon in front of :ogerpon-wellspring: to counter it.

:sv/Alomomola:
Shameonela or whatever Oculars calls this.Getting flip turn was so huge for it.Very good mon,can just wishpass to the other guys in the team when needed, or it can just shut down other mons with toxic.U have no idea how many things mola can bullshit its way through by just using toxic on something then spamming wish+protect or just switching back and forth.

:sv/garganacl:
I don't really like salt in my food usually, but i really love salt in my pokemon teams.Another mons that loves the fact grassy terrain can make it take eqs better.Can also win late game if ur opponent doesn't have a way to kill garg fast, as it can just spam salt cure to force switches and spam curse to boost its stats, making it unkillable.Pairs pretty well with zapdos, as zapdos can absorb ground moves and also shrug off grass type hits.Loves the fact mola can pass it a wish in case it can't come in to recover.Tera fairy can work here too.

Hope y'all have succes and have fun with this, it was fun building it, even more fun using it on ladder :bellipog:
Voting ends January 3rd at 11:59 GMT -5!

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Who knew a week could turn into almost a month? Sorry for the delay, but at least there's a new slate to do!

Cycle 38: Raging Bolt
:sv/raging-bolt:

Raging Bolt has made quite the first impression once it released, with Dragonium Z + Calm Mind sets being spectacular wincons, with other options like Leftovers + Calm Mind, Assault Vest, All-out Attacker, or niche options like Choice Specs. However, can you build the best team with it? See if you can!

Submissions close February 9th!

Last edited:
This is literally the same as what I posted on the Bazaar (dont judge me i couldnt be bother to rephrase it all)
It was meant to be built around scovillain but it has bolt in it and im lazy soooo
Sun Tzu "The Art Of War" (pokepast.es

The premise of this team is pretty simple. Set Sun. Kill everything.

:charizard-mega-y:
Mega Zard Y

Not only does this set sun, it can absolutely nuke shit given the chance. Sun boosted flamethrower hits really hard, scorching sands hits Heatran and solar beam can hit most ground and water types for good damage.

:great tusk:
Great Tusk
Uhh it spins and can hit really hard with Proto attack boosted CCs and Headlong Rushes. Icium Z Ice spinner can help tusk beat mons like Gliscor and other flying/ground types.

:raging bolt:
Raging Bolt
Av literally lets this tank any special attack that isn't boosted too much and KO back with extremely powerful Dracos. Thunderclap allows this mon to stop potential sweepers, Volt switch brings momentum and Tera Blast Ground lets it hit Heatran and Aegislash for good damage.

:torkoal:
Torkoal (Sun Tzu)
Other sun setter, provides more sun ig as well as rocks and a secondary spinner. Lava Plume can hit surprisingly hard doing roughly 50% to Val under sun. Ik that isn't that good but for a more defensive, supporting mon its not that bad.

:gouging fire:
Gouging Fire

This mon goes fucking crazy under sun. DDance coupled with Proto attack make this completely basically unwallable. Heat crash and EQ are great for hitting a variety of things. I opted for Boots Morning Sun over Dragonium Z Outrage as it allowed Fire to stay on the field for longer while only sacrificing a small amount of offensive capability. Both work tho.

:scovillain:
Scovillain (Five Alarm)

Flamethrower and Giga Drain are both great STAB options with Stomping Tantrum being used to hit Heatran. (If you haven't guessed I'm scared of Heatran OK? Its a scary mon.) If you can get a free turn to click Growth then absolutely nothing can wall it and practically nothing can outspeed it thanks to Chlorophyll.

Uhhh I think that's all.

https://pokepast.es/d2badcb3eb50fcf1

Heatran
The one and only stall killer, lele waller, and sd Scizor and ID zamezenta check with tera ghost. Keeps the team together

Raging Bolt
Star of the show Bolt nukes most of the tier with CM Dragonium Z as well as providing a bit of priority with thunderclap and momentum with volt switch.

Ogerpon-Wellspring
Stall killer 2.0 and setup denyer with taunt. Sd and STABs obliterate anything slower than it, while also providing a decent (very prediction reliant) watershifu check. You can use power whip if you enjoy gambling.

Lopbunny-Mega
A bit of speed control, annoying fake out poker, and a nice breaker. All you could ever want really.

Landorus-Therian
It's lando, physically bulky ver. Does a nice job sponging things and doing lando things. Bit awkward how it's both the rocker and defogger on this team, but it works. Also is the electric and eq resist of the team.

Rillaboom
We do a little bit of cooking with AV boom. It's a nice lele mid ground check to scout for focus blasts, calm minds and what while also surprising special attackers by living and KO' ing or crippling back with knock and superpower. Grassy terrain also complements superbly with heatran and the other breakers that don't have recovery.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
:sv/grimmsnarl: :sv/great tusk: :sv/iron crown: :sv/gouging fire: :sv/raging bolt: :sv/tornadus-therian:
Quadruple Booster Screens (Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz)

back with another classic HO, this time it's Quad Booster Screens.

:grimmsnarl: The quintessential (and best IMO) screens setter, is guaranteed to get at least one screen up and usually two thanks to its surprisingly decent bulk. Not much more here.

:great tusk: First Booster mon. BU can get out of hand quickly with these three moves, letting you tear massive holes in your opponent's team.

:iron crown: Booster SpA + a great defensive typing + IDCM makes this thing a monster under screens. Can easily 6-0 on its own.

:gouging fire: Another major wallbreaker that can end many games on the spot. 3A lets you break a lot more things at the cost of not being able to heal, which is a tradeoff I find worthy.

:raging bolt: Protosynthesis-boosted +1 Raging Bolt can 2HKO nearly the whole tier with Dragon Pulse, it's very hard to revenge kill thanks to Thunderclap, and Tera Grass makes Ground-types like Tusk and Gliscor very shaky checks.

:tornadus-therian: Not a Paradox mon, but Flyinium Z + NP is a classic. Also serves as the only Ground immunity on this otherwise very-Ground weak team.

Full descriptions may come soon. Cheers.

Replays
vs. Ineros (beta version)

Last edited:

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
:sv/charizard-mega-y: :sv/raging-bolt: :sv/tyranitar: :sv/excadrill: :sv/gliscor: :sv/hatterene:

Built a raging bolt + yard combo team grassium bolt beams every ground in the tier and especially hippo which causes problems for yard + ttar cores. for the rest of the team its standard semi sand with spikes glisc and the band tar + yard core to easily break down fat teams. Hatterene keeps rocks off the field for yard and eases switching into status and hazard spreaders while also giving you an extra wincon vs stall. Excadrill gives you an out vs faster teams having an excellent matchup vs HO and taking advantage of the sand from ttar.

Ineros

Checkmate, move along!
is a Pre-Contributor
Inside - Raging Bolt + Iron Treads Gterrain balance
:raging bolt: :iron treads: :Rillaboom: :Toxapex: :heatran: :Zamazenta:
(I feel so nerdy for putting the colors like that lmao)
Yes yes I know it is probably a bad team but it looks fun and could be ok if piloted right. Raging bolt + iron treads was the idea here. Raging bolt puts on some offensive pressure that iron treads lacks on top of checking waters like shifu and waterpon for it. In return, treads helps spin off spikes that hurt bolt and helps deal with stuff bolt has trouble with like lele, Garg, and Mtar. It also helps against opposing raging bolt.
:raging bolt: This is the thing built around. It is pretty standard stuff with it doing cm + drag z things and nuking every good defensive ground. The spread is the one in the analysis but for those who don’t know it helps u survive a scarf lando eq, ohko mtar, glowking, and ival boosted, and outspeed Glisc. Tbolt is used for a consistent electric move against msciz, idbp zama, and sub bulk up Corv. As for what it does for this team, it provides a good check to Rillaboom, waterpon, and kartana while also doing well in checking urshifu and sub bu Corv which this team can struggle with at points.
:iron treads: I had an itch to scratch that was needing to build treads, so here it is. It is this team’s hazard remover which is greatly appreciated by every member of the team. It’s also the ground which is nice to stop vswitch spam from koko/zap and is just a nice type to have in general. The set is av to better check lele and raging bolt. Vswitch is here to pivot in bolt and rilla, the main breakers, while maintaining momentum if need be. Ice spinner in conjunction with Tera flying allows it to bait grounds like Lando and chomp while hitting Zapdos and Tornt for actual damage. High horsepower is here because gterrain exists on
this team and it’s not too too far from earthquake.
:Rillaboom: grounds absolutely shred this team so here is Rilla to save the day. Great breaker that can help against chomp and ting Lu stuff as well as punch holes so then something like idbp zama can finish the job. Everything is pretty standard here; adamant is for the maximum power and plus 295 isn’t a super important speed tier. Knock helps wear down stuff like heatran and ferro for late game. U turn is used to gain momentum against grass and steel stuff like ferro and skarm and bring in tran or bolt safely on them. Glide helps revenge kill stuff like cb zama and boulder.
:Toxapex: Here is your resident ival check boys. Amazing glue mon that helps switch in on stuff like Mola (yes bolt and rilla can’t switch in because toxic), the aftermentioned ival, and gouging fire. The spread helps take a
Adamant booster +1 gouging fire earthquake out of gterrain from full. Haze is also a nice tool to prevent idbp zama and sub bu Corv from getting too too bad. Besides that it does normal pex things. Oh yeah! It also does well at checking yard as well, which this team can potentially struggle with.
:heatran: This thing is pretty simple. Checks stuff like msciz and ferro which rilla and bolt hate and is a good rocker. Helps relieve the pressure of being a lele check from itreads because, well, itreads isn’t really the bulkiest of mons. Also nice to have insurance against lele. Tran also helps with glowking and Volc which are shaky matchups. It being rocket also helps wear down stuff for the main wincons. If you were a weirdo you could use flash cannon and air balloon to ease the kyurem matchup, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
:Zamazenta: This is the team’s speed control. Idbp Zama is very threatening and one of the tier’s best wincons, especially under gterrain because of all the passive recovery it gets. Idbp is used over other sets to take advantage of heatran and other mons like ferro and mtar. It forms a good core with raging bolt as it deals with flying stuff like zap and skarm and pex/dozo while Zama deals with heatran and mtar as well as somewhat checking tusk. Heavy slam is used for having a better ival matchup, but that slot is for personal preference. You can also use crunch and stone edge if you want. It also is this team’s best defense against kyurem.
Threatlist:
:kyurem: Pretty much any balance is crushed by this thing and its cold fist (or freeze dries, in this case). Zama does ok into it, but it isn’t a sure fire answer into it.
:Mawile-Mega: Ok this one isn’t as pressing as kyurem as u still have Tera Zama, heatran, pex and treads but it can be difficult at points to play around. This thing can just knock half of the team and do crazy amounts of damage considering it has good mus into a lot of it.
:Zamazenta: Be extremely careful with ur pex in this matchup as it is the only thing keeping the team together against this thing. Specifically Idbp sets are what I’m referring to, but band is pretty scary as well.
:heatran: There’s not a great switch in to this except for Tera heatran and Zama. To improve this matchup you can do a different treads Tera like dragon or do superpower on rilla but I’m not a fan of either.
:great tusk: Headlong Rush go brrrrrr. This is manageable with Tera pex, Rilla, and Zama but you still need to be careful around it because it can headlong into basically everything except for Rilla and even then it can just spinner like that.
So yeah there are ways around these matchups but they aren’t guaranteed to go as smoothly depending on the game.

First time building Manaphy, loved it.

Your main objective is to set SR up and blow some holes with Torn-t/Weavile or if the matchup is good directly go for a Manaphy/Raging Bolt sweep.

Weavile is there to mainly pursuit stuff like Clodsire and Blissey while destroying opposing leads too with Triple Axel.

Torn-T punishes hazard removal since most defoggers in the tier are NP fodder (even with shit like toxic) or they just straight up die to Bleakwind/Focus Blast if they're spinners, add that to a nuke button in Flyinium Z, your own Defog and a ground immunity and you have what I believe to be one of the best role compressors in the tier rn (didn't even mention the always useful Regen).

Ferrothorn just ensures I can take hits while it potentially passes leech seed hp to teammates and stacks some spikes too, just a great mon as a whole.

Landorus doesn't even need an introduction, it provides great defensive and offensive utility and plays offense while on defense with Rocky Helmet

Haven't done these in a bit so here's my submission!
:Raging Bolt: :Gouging Fire: :Iron Boulder: :diancie-mega: :Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Landorus-Therian:
https://pokepast.es/6f1eb5b9e8e539fd

This is a Booster Spam team that tries to overwelm the opponent with hard hitting mons. Mega Diancie acts as the suicide lead for the team. Taunt Bolt helps for long term games(mainly against stall). Iron boulder, waterpon, and gouging fire all are wincons and Lando t acts as the wallbreaker that tries to get rid of problematic checks (mola, ferro, msciz, etc).

Here's some replays.
I'll admit the team can be hard to pilot around but it's very rewarding once you can get the hang of it.
Team is inspired by Dead by Daylight's Booster Spam team from last week.

Anyways that's all. I want to keep this brief so have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
protospam sun

Tork is the chosen sun setter for the team, very standard and normal.

Gouging Fire Protoboosts speed and nukes everything, even living a tera Psychic Lele hit, and obviously returning with a KO. Outrage as the Dragon stab and Heat Crash and the Fire stab works nicely with coverage options like earthquake and stone edge.

Alomomola is an offbeat choice here, but with huge wishpasses, it keeps the powerful breakers of the team alive. Tera dragon provides useful resistances if need be.

Raging Bolt is a menace on sun, with its enormous protoboost and calm minds its opponents into oblivion, living hard hits with its high HP stat. Substitute allows it to ignore status and KO some switchins which don't see the substitute coming.

Venusaur serves as speed control and wincon here, due to high boosting from Growth and weather ball.

Tusk spins, bulks up, and wins (sometimes). Most times, it just spins and tanks, forcing switches.

So Yeah ™

Edit: Found out that Gouging lives a CC from scarfed Shifu after both rocks and a layer of spikes, thought ya might want to know that

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
Voting time!

Team A
This is literally the same as what I posted on the Bazaar (dont judge me i couldnt be bother to rephrase it all)
It was meant to be built around scovillain but it has bolt in it and im lazy soooo
Sun Tzu "The Art Of War" (pokepast.es

The premise of this team is pretty simple. Set Sun. Kill everything.

:charizard-mega-y:
Mega Zard Y

Not only does this set sun, it can absolutely nuke shit given the chance. Sun boosted flamethrower hits really hard, scorching sands hits Heatran and solar beam can hit most ground and water types for good damage.

:great tusk:
Great Tusk
Uhh it spins and can hit really hard with Proto attack boosted CCs and Headlong Rushes. Icium Z Ice spinner can help tusk beat mons like Gliscor and other flying/ground types.

:raging bolt:
Raging Bolt
Av literally lets this tank any special attack that isn't boosted too much and KO back with extremely powerful Dracos. Thunderclap allows this mon to stop potential sweepers, Volt switch brings momentum and Tera Blast Ground lets it hit Heatran and Aegislash for good damage.

:torkoal:
Torkoal (Sun Tzu)
Other sun setter, provides more sun ig as well as rocks and a secondary spinner. Lava Plume can hit surprisingly hard doing roughly 50% to Val under sun. Ik that isn't that good but for a more defensive, supporting mon its not that bad.

:gouging fire:
Gouging Fire

This mon goes fucking crazy under sun. DDance coupled with Proto attack make this completely basically unwallable. Heat crash and EQ are great for hitting a variety of things. I opted for Boots Morning Sun over Dragonium Z Outrage as it allowed Fire to stay on the field for longer while only sacrificing a small amount of offensive capability. Both work tho.

:scovillain:
Scovillain (Five Alarm)

Flamethrower and Giga Drain are both great STAB options with Stomping Tantrum being used to hit Heatran. (If you haven't guessed I'm scared of Heatran OK? Its a scary mon.) If you can get a free turn to click Growth then absolutely nothing can wall it and practically nothing can outspeed it thanks to Chlorophyll.

Uhhh I think that's all.
Team B
https://pokepast.es/d2badcb3eb50fcf1

Heatran
The one and only stall killer, lele waller, and sd Scizor and ID zamezenta check with tera ghost. Keeps the team together

Raging Bolt
Star of the show Bolt nukes most of the tier with CM Dragonium Z as well as providing a bit of priority with thunderclap and momentum with volt switch.

Ogerpon-Wellspring
Stall killer 2.0 and setup denyer with taunt. Sd and STABs obliterate anything slower than it, while also providing a decent (very prediction reliant) watershifu check. You can use power whip if you enjoy gambling.

Lopbunny-Mega
A bit of speed control, annoying fake out poker, and a nice breaker. All you could ever want really.

Landorus-Therian
It's lando, physically bulky ver. Does a nice job sponging things and doing lando things. Bit awkward how it's both the rocker and defogger on this team, but it works. Also is the electric and eq resist of the team.

Rillaboom
We do a little bit of cooking with AV boom. It's a nice lele mid ground check to scout for focus blasts, calm minds and what while also surprising special attackers by living and KO' ing or crippling back with knock and superpower. Grassy terrain also complements superbly with heatran and the other breakers that don't have recovery.
Team C
:sv/grimmsnarl: :sv/great tusk: :sv/iron crown: :sv/gouging fire: :sv/raging bolt: :sv/tornadus-therian:
Quadruple Booster Screens (Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz)

back with another classic HO, this time it's Quad Booster Screens.

:grimmsnarl: The quintessential (and best IMO) screens setter, is guaranteed to get at least one screen up and usually two thanks to its surprisingly decent bulk. Not much more here.

:great tusk: First Booster mon. BU can get out of hand quickly with these three moves, letting you tear massive holes in your opponent's team.

:iron crown: Booster SpA + a great defensive typing + IDCM makes this thing a monster under screens. Can easily 6-0 on its own.

:gouging fire: Another major wallbreaker that can end many games on the spot. 3A lets you break a lot more things at the cost of not being able to heal, which is a tradeoff I find worthy.

:raging bolt: Protosynthesis-boosted +1 Raging Bolt can 2HKO nearly the whole tier with Dragon Pulse, it's very hard to revenge kill thanks to Thunderclap, and Tera Grass makes Ground-types like Tusk and Gliscor very shaky checks.

:tornadus-therian: Not a Paradox mon, but Flyinium Z + NP is a classic. Also serves as the only Ground immunity on this otherwise very-Ground weak team.

Full descriptions may come soon. Cheers.

Replays
vs. Ineros (beta version)
Team D
Team E
:sv/charizard-mega-y: :sv/raging-bolt: :sv/tyranitar: :sv/excadrill: :sv/gliscor: :sv/hatterene:

Built a raging bolt + yard combo team grassium bolt beams every ground in the tier and especially hippo which causes problems for yard + ttar cores. for the rest of the team its standard semi sand with spikes glisc and the band tar + yard core to easily break down fat teams. Hatterene keeps rocks off the field for yard and eases switching into status and hazard spreaders while also giving you an extra wincon vs stall. Excadrill gives you an out vs faster teams having an excellent matchup vs HO and taking advantage of the sand from ttar.
Team F
Inside - Raging Bolt + Iron Treads Gterrain balance
:raging bolt: :iron treads: :Rillaboom: :Toxapex: :heatran: :Zamazenta:
(I feel so nerdy for putting the colors like that lmao)
Yes yes I know it is probably a bad team but it looks fun and could be ok if piloted right. Raging bolt + iron treads was the idea here. Raging bolt puts on some offensive pressure that iron treads lacks on top of checking waters like shifu and waterpon for it. In return, treads helps spin off spikes that hurt bolt and helps deal with stuff bolt has trouble with like lele, Garg, and Mtar. It also helps against opposing raging bolt.
:raging bolt: This is the thing built around. It is pretty standard stuff with it doing cm + drag z things and nuking every good defensive ground. The spread is the one in the analysis but for those who don’t know it helps u survive a scarf lando eq, ohko mtar, glowking, and ival boosted, and outspeed Glisc. Tbolt is used for a consistent electric move against msciz, idbp zama, and sub bulk up Corv. As for what it does for this team, it provides a good check to Rillaboom, waterpon, and kartana while also doing well in checking urshifu and sub bu Corv which this team can struggle with at points.
:iron treads: I had an itch to scratch that was needing to build treads, so here it is. It is this team’s hazard remover which is greatly appreciated by every member of the team. It’s also the ground which is nice to stop vswitch spam from koko/zap and is just a nice type to have in general. The set is av to better check lele and raging bolt. Vswitch is here to pivot in bolt and rilla, the main breakers, while maintaining momentum if need be. Ice spinner in conjunction with Tera flying allows it to bait grounds like Lando and chomp while hitting Zapdos and Tornt for actual damage. High horsepower is here because gterrain exists on
this team and it’s not too too far from earthquake.
:Rillaboom: grounds absolutely shred this team so here is Rilla to save the day. Great breaker that can help against chomp and ting Lu stuff as well as punch holes so then something like idbp zama can finish the job. Everything is pretty standard here; adamant is for the maximum power and plus 295 isn’t a super important speed tier. Knock helps wear down stuff like heatran and ferro for late game. U turn is used to gain momentum against grass and steel stuff like ferro and skarm and bring in tran or bolt safely on them. Glide helps revenge kill stuff like cb zama and boulder.
:Toxapex: Here is your resident ival check boys. Amazing glue mon that helps switch in on stuff like Mola (yes bolt and rilla can’t switch in because toxic), the aftermentioned ival, and gouging fire. The spread helps take a
Adamant booster +1 gouging fire earthquake out of gterrain from full. Haze is also a nice tool to prevent idbp zama and sub bu Corv from getting too too bad. Besides that it does normal pex things. Oh yeah! It also does well at checking yard as well, which this team can potentially struggle with.
:heatran: This thing is pretty simple. Checks stuff like msciz and ferro which rilla and bolt hate and is a good rocker. Helps relieve the pressure of being a lele check from itreads because, well, itreads isn’t really the bulkiest of mons. Also nice to have insurance against lele. Tran also helps with glowking and Volc which are shaky matchups. It being rocket also helps wear down stuff for the main wincons. If you were a weirdo you could use flash cannon and air balloon to ease the kyurem matchup, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
:Zamazenta: This is the team’s speed control. Idbp Zama is very threatening and one of the tier’s best wincons, especially under gterrain because of all the passive recovery it gets. Idbp is used over other sets to take advantage of heatran and other mons like ferro and mtar. It forms a good core with raging bolt as it deals with flying stuff like zap and skarm and pex/dozo while Zama deals with heatran and mtar as well as somewhat checking tusk. Heavy slam is used for having a better ival matchup, but that slot is for personal preference. You can also use crunch and stone edge if you want. It also is this team’s best defense against kyurem.
Threatlist:
:kyurem: Pretty much any balance is crushed by this thing and its cold fist (or freeze dries, in this case). Zama does ok into it, but it isn’t a sure fire answer into it.
:Mawile-Mega: Ok this one isn’t as pressing as kyurem as u still have Tera Zama, heatran, pex and treads but it can be difficult at points to play around. This thing can just knock half of the team and do crazy amounts of damage considering it has good mus into a lot of it.
:Zamazenta: Be extremely careful with ur pex in this matchup as it is the only thing keeping the team together against this thing. Specifically Idbp sets are what I’m referring to, but band is pretty scary as well.
:heatran: There’s not a great switch in to this except for Tera heatran and Zama. To improve this matchup you can do a different treads Tera like dragon or do superpower on rilla but I’m not a fan of either.
:great tusk: Headlong Rush go brrrrrr. This is manageable with Tera pex, Rilla, and Zama but you still need to be careful around it because it can headlong into basically everything except for Rilla and even then it can just spinner like that.
So yeah there are ways around these matchups but they aren’t guaranteed to go as smoothly depending on the game.
Team G
First time building Manaphy, loved it.

Your main objective is to set SR up and blow some holes with Torn-t/Weavile or if the matchup is good directly go for a Manaphy/Raging Bolt sweep.

Weavile is there to mainly pursuit stuff like Clodsire and Blissey while destroying opposing leads too with Triple Axel.

Torn-T punishes hazard removal since most defoggers in the tier are NP fodder (even with shit like toxic) or they just straight up die to Bleakwind/Focus Blast if they're spinners, add that to a nuke button in Flyinium Z, your own Defog and a ground immunity and you have what I believe to be one of the best role compressors in the tier rn (didn't even mention the always useful Regen).

Ferrothorn just ensures I can take hits while it potentially passes leech seed hp to teammates and stacks some spikes too, just a great mon as a whole.

Landorus doesn't even need an introduction, it provides great defensive and offensive utility and plays offense while on defense with Rocky Helmet
Team H
Haven't done these in a bit so here's my submission!
:Raging Bolt: :Gouging Fire: :Iron Boulder: :diancie-mega: :Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Landorus-Therian:
https://pokepast.es/6f1eb5b9e8e539fd

This is a Booster Spam team that tries to overwelm the opponent with hard hitting mons. Mega Diancie acts as the suicide lead for the team. Taunt Bolt helps for long term games(mainly against stall). Iron boulder, waterpon, and gouging fire all are wincons and Lando t acts as the wallbreaker that tries to get rid of problematic checks (mola, ferro, msciz, etc).

Here's some replays.
I'll admit the team can be hard to pilot around but it's very rewarding once you can get the hang of it.
Team is inspired by Dead by Daylight's Booster Spam team from last week.

Anyways that's all. I want to keep this brief so have a wonderful day!
Team I
Enjoy!
protospam sun

Tork is the chosen sun setter for the team, very standard and normal.

Gouging Fire Protoboosts speed and nukes everything, even living a tera Psychic Lele hit, and obviously returning with a KO. Outrage as the Dragon stab and Heat Crash and the Fire stab works nicely with coverage options like earthquake and stone edge.

Alomomola is an offbeat choice here, but with huge wishpasses, it keeps the powerful breakers of the team alive. Tera dragon provides useful resistances if need be.

Raging Bolt is a menace on sun, with its enormous protoboost and calm minds its opponents into oblivion, living hard hits with its high HP stat. Substitute allows it to ignore status and KO some switchins which don't see the substitute coming.

Venusaur serves as speed control and wincon here, due to high boosting from Growth and weather ball.

Tusk spins, bulks up, and wins (sometimes). Most times, it just spins and tanks, forcing switches.

So Yeah ™

Edit: Found out that Gouging lives a CC from scarfed Shifu after both rocks and a layer of spikes, thought ya might want to know that
Team J
:raging-bolt: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :ogerpon-cornerstone: :volcarona: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:

this was my first dlc2 team I built, neck synergizes nicely with scarf shifu, rest is kinda standard offense besides cornerstone. tbh idk why it's there but it puts in work
Voting ends February 11th!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)