Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 44: Latios-Mega

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Congrats to Ineros for winning this slate!

Cycle 40: Ursaluna
:sv/ursaluna:

Being a past Uber, Ursaluna has made quite a name for itself with its tried-and-true Swords Dance + Facade Guts sets on teams like Balanace, BO, HO, and more. Even niche sets like Bulk Up and Assault Vest perform very well in the metagame; but that's just a set. Can you build the best team with Ursaluna on it?

Submissions end Feburary 28th!

Last edited:

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
Set screens and then click buttons and claim like 2-4 kills with ursaluna, does its job vs just about everything, tera dragon to eat grass and water hits from pon, and give you an easy win vs rain teams along with easily tanking strong special fire attacks from the likes of heatran and zard-y. If you click good buttons and predict they basically have no counterplay to luna and always have to sac mons.

ez shamone

WE ALL KNOW I CANT BUILD ( E-E-English girl, name ALOMOMOLA)
(Very random I know, it just popped into my head and stayed there lmao)
Yes I Am Officially A Shit Builder (Funni Ttar) (pokepast.es)
:ursaluna: :alomomola: :ferrothorn: :darkrai: :pecharunt: :tyranitar:
Yes we all know I cant build, why not further prove the point? Boots Spam just seems really easy to build caus I cant really be bothered to fit hazard removal on every team. Molaluna is a really good core. Hope yall enjoy whatever this monstrosity is.

:ursaluna:
Ursaluna
Yeah so this is the mon we were meant to build around. Flame Orb Facade is, imo, its only good set really being able to break mpst defensive cores with realtive ease due to its coverage, with fire punch hitting mciz, corv annd ferro, EQ being stab and cooking tran and facade killing everything else.

:alomomola:
ALOMOMOLA
MOLALUNA GOAT CORE. Seriously its great. Also provides wish and momentum which is always nice.

:ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn
Another great defensive mon, can spread para, leech seed is always a pain to face and gyro ball hits for pretty good damage. It also sets rocks which can be nice too.

:darkrai:
Darkrai
Plot rai is genuinely crazy. One plot or no speed control and it just wins due to its stupidly good coverage and good stats. Pulse is stab and very spammable, Focus blast is really nice into ferro and tran and sludge bomb is great into fairies

:pecharunt:
Pecharunt
I LOVE THIS MON SO MUCH. Its incredibly cringey yet so amazing when you poison and confuse a physical attacker that proceeds to die to a combination of hex poison chip and hurting itself in confusion. Nice Pivot as well and to top it all off it gets recovery in recover

:tyranitar:
Tyranitar
Very, Extremely real set. Stone edge and knock provide stab and pursuit traps. Z Blizzard V real, hits gliscor and lando really well, ohkoing both even when spd. VERY REAL TRUST

This team was an experience to say the least.................... (dont judge me)

The Notorious A.M.O. - Big Spora

(Amoonguss+MolaLuna Fat)

:Amoonguss: is an incredibly underrated mon.
Spore, Regen and Great mixed bulk and a good typing makes it a solid choice with a good blend of traits.

Bla bla :Alomomola: one of the best pokemon in the tier bla bla pivot, regen, wish and best ursaluna partner ever bla bla (just read the team I posted last round if you want my description on it).

:Tornadus-Therian: was initially z fog but later changed cause I need an extra tool in case things start to get out of hand with :tapu lele: and still hit :ferrothorn:.

Tera fairy :garganacl: in my opinion is a very underrated defensive piece in this meta, being able to absorb all the fighting but also especially dragon type moves in the tier is incredible.
All that while being, you know, Garg.

I love :ursaluna: cause it means you have an at least a decent stall mu just by having it with you, Tera dragon makes you have a desperate check to :Ogerpon-Wellspring:, :rillaboom: and rain.

The only reason I'm not using av :iron Crown: is because I need stealth Rock.

[19:00:19] Oculars♕: approved by me 100%
MGMT-Kids BO
have fun
altaluna slow offensive core
spD lando for better longevity on the team
hsam for more hazards and speed control
gking for slow pivot, status spread, and he's corrupted wock can't say no to that face
corv for second pivot, fog, etc

edit: forgot my So Yeah ™

URSA MAJOR!
:ursaluna: | :latios-mega: | :rillaboom: | :ting-lu: | :alomomola: | :tornadus-therian:

This is the star of our show. Rather than a swords dance set, I've opted for using a bulk up set instead. This set abuses the longevity and bulk of Ursaluna by boosting both it's attack and defense stat to make it an absolute tank on the field, dishing out and easily receiving lot's of damage. This set also punishes the opponent for spreading status by getting stronger via it's Guts ability. This is incredibly helpful when you're burned, as Leftovers helps you heal off the burn damage to help even more with Ursaluna's longevity. Tera Type Fairy removes it's weaknesses and gives it a resistance to Fighting type moves, which is a great bonus due to the relevancy of Fighting types in the tier currently.

:sv/latios-mega:

Latios is a valuable asset to this team thanks to it's diverse movepool, immunity to spikes, and ability to do high amounts of damage unboosted. With the combination of Luster Purge, Aura Sphere, and Mystical Fire can hit most, if not all, mons relevant in the tier for at least neutral damage. Luster Purge and Mystical Fire in particular have the most use, thanks to Luster Purge's probability to drop Special Defense so you'll be able to do even more damage, and Mystical Fire's guaranteed effect of dropping Special Attack so the team can absorb hits even better.

:sv/rillaboom:
In combination with Choice Band and Grassy Terrain, Rillaboom is an extremely potent physical attacker with it's STAB options Grassy Glide and Wood Hammer that can easily overwhelm unresisted physical walls with Terastilization. It's support is also valuable to the team, with Grassy Terrain providing healing to the team as a secondary effect, U-Turn as a pivoting move for free chip damage to your opponent, and Knock Off to remove items that greatly benefit your opponents. It has a bulkier spread to live more general attacks so it can more reliably use Wood Hammer without dying to chip damage and recoil damage.

:sv/ting-lu:
This mon may be an odd choice for most teams, but Ting-Lu's role on this particular team is crucial for it's success. It plays the role as a Special wall helps with pokemon this team otherwise struggles to play against, with the most notable example being Darkrai. It easily sponges special attacks from most special attackers due to it's high HP stat and it's solid special defense stat being buffed from it's ability Vessel of Ruin, while also setting up Stealth Rocks, being immune to Electric types, and having reliable chip damage in the form of Earthquake and Ruination.

:sv/alomomola:
We've all seen UrsaMola cores. We know how deadly and effective they are. Let's just get the obvious out of the way. It's an amazing Water type resist with an HP stat and access to Flip Turn for pivoting out on things not named Ogerpon-Wellspring and Volcanion (this is very dependent on how daring your opponent is to use Volcanion), Wish to heal both itself and its teammates, Protect to prevent damage being done to yourself from things not named Urshifu to ignore 2 turn healing process with Wish, and Toxic for overtime chip damage.

:sv/tornadus-therian:
Lastly, we have Tornadus. It's a Special attacker with both Nasty Plot to make it more effective at dishing out damage and potentially sweeping your opponents team given the right circumstances, and Flyinium Z to turn it's inaccurate STAB move Hurricane into a perfect accuracy nuke option. Focus Blast allows it to hit things that otherwise resist Hurricane and Hurricane Z, and Defog allows you to remove hazard from your team and preventing more chip damage that can be harmful for the team. Just pray that your Tornadus isn't blind and misses all of its non Z move attacks.

glhf

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
Flowers for Algernon
WARNING: Extremely clickable. Long exposure may lead to loss of skill and/or sanity.
:sv/hoopa-unbound: :sv/porygon2: :sv/enamorus-therian: :sv/ursaluna: :sv/stakataka: :sv/slowbro-mega:

Pretty standard TR team with a little sauce in the Slowbro / Slowbro-Mega choice. You click TR, you TP out or Hyperspace Fury out, and something dies. The offensive core complements itself well, as Enam-T + Ursaluna hit nearly everything for insane amounts of damage. Stakataka is a self-sustaining TR sweeper to clean as well as break for the other two.

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A
Set screens and then click buttons and claim like 2-4 kills with ursaluna, does its job vs just about everything, tera dragon to eat grass and water hits from pon, and give you an easy win vs rain teams along with easily tanking strong special fire attacks from the likes of heatran and zard-y. If you click good buttons and predict they basically have no counterplay to luna and always have to sac mons.

ez shamone
Team B
WE ALL KNOW I CANT BUILD ( E-E-English girl, name ALOMOMOLA)
(Very random I know, it just popped into my head and stayed there lmao)
Yes I Am Officially A Shit Builder (Funni Ttar) (pokepast.es)
:ursaluna: :alomomola: :ferrothorn: :darkrai: :pecharunt: :tyranitar:
Yes we all know I cant build, why not further prove the point? Boots Spam just seems really easy to build caus I cant really be bothered to fit hazard removal on every team. Molaluna is a really good core. Hope yall enjoy whatever this monstrosity is.

:ursaluna:
Ursaluna
Yeah so this is the mon we were meant to build around. Flame Orb Facade is, imo, its only good set really being able to break mpst defensive cores with realtive ease due to its coverage, with fire punch hitting mciz, corv annd ferro, EQ being stab and cooking tran and facade killing everything else.

:alomomola:
ALOMOMOLA
MOLALUNA GOAT CORE. Seriously its great. Also provides wish and momentum which is always nice.

:ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn
Another great defensive mon, can spread para, leech seed is always a pain to face and gyro ball hits for pretty good damage. It also sets rocks which can be nice too.

:darkrai:
Darkrai
Plot rai is genuinely crazy. One plot or no speed control and it just wins due to its stupidly good coverage and good stats. Pulse is stab and very spammable, Focus blast is really nice into ferro and tran and sludge bomb is great into fairies

:pecharunt:
Pecharunt
I LOVE THIS MON SO MUCH. Its incredibly cringey yet so amazing when you poison and confuse a physical attacker that proceeds to die to a combination of hex poison chip and hurting itself in confusion. Nice Pivot as well and to top it all off it gets recovery in recover

:tyranitar:
Tyranitar
Very, Extremely real set. Stone edge and knock provide stab and pursuit traps. Z Blizzard V real, hits gliscor and lando really well, ohkoing both even when spd. VERY REAL TRUST

This team was an experience to say the least.................... (dont judge me)
Team C
The Notorious A.M.O. - Big Spora

(Amoonguss+MolaLuna Fat)

:Amoonguss: is an incredibly underrated mon.
Spore, Regen and Great mixed bulk and a good typing makes it a solid choice with a good blend of traits.

Bla bla :Alomomola: one of the best pokemon in the tier bla bla pivot, regen, wish and best ursaluna partner ever bla bla (just read the team I posted last round if you want my description on it).

:Tornadus-Therian: was initially z fog but later changed cause I need an extra tool in case things start to get out of hand with :tapu lele: and still hit :ferrothorn:.

Tera fairy :garganacl: in my opinion is a very underrated defensive piece in this meta, being able to absorb all the fighting but also especially dragon type moves in the tier is incredible.
All that while being, you know, Garg.

I love :ursaluna: cause it means you have an at least a decent stall mu just by having it with you, Tera dragon makes you have a desperate check to :Ogerpon-Wellspring:, :rillaboom: and rain.

The only reason I'm not using av :iron Crown: is because I need stealth Rock.
Team D
[19:00:19] Oculars♕: approved by me 100%
MGMT-Kids BO
have fun
altaluna slow offensive core
spD lando for better longevity on the team
hsam for more hazards and speed control
gking for slow pivot, status spread, and he's corrupted wock can't say no to that face
corv for second pivot, fog, etc

edit: forgot my So Yeah ™
Team E
URSA MAJOR!
:ursaluna: | :latios-mega: | :rillaboom: | :ting-lu: | :alomomola: | :tornadus-therian:

This is the star of our show. Rather than a swords dance set, I've opted for using a bulk up set instead. This set abuses the longevity and bulk of Ursaluna by boosting both it's attack and defense stat to make it an absolute tank on the field, dishing out and easily receiving lot's of damage. This set also punishes the opponent for spreading status by getting stronger via it's Guts ability. This is incredibly helpful when you're burned, as Leftovers helps you heal off the burn damage to help even more with Ursaluna's longevity. Tera Type Fairy removes it's weaknesses and gives it a resistance to Fighting type moves, which is a great bonus due to the relevancy of Fighting types in the tier currently.

:sv/latios-mega:

Latios is a valuable asset to this team thanks to it's diverse movepool, immunity to spikes, and ability to do high amounts of damage unboosted. With the combination of Luster Purge, Aura Sphere, and Mystical Fire can hit most, if not all, mons relevant in the tier for at least neutral damage. Luster Purge and Mystical Fire in particular have the most use, thanks to Luster Purge's probability to drop Special Defense so you'll be able to do even more damage, and Mystical Fire's guaranteed effect of dropping Special Attack so the team can absorb hits even better.

:sv/rillaboom:
In combination with Choice Band and Grassy Terrain, Rillaboom is an extremely potent physical attacker with it's STAB options Grassy Glide and Wood Hammer that can easily overwhelm unresisted physical walls with Terastilization. It's support is also valuable to the team, with Grassy Terrain providing healing to the team as a secondary effect, U-Turn as a pivoting move for free chip damage to your opponent, and Knock Off to remove items that greatly benefit your opponents. It has a bulkier spread to live more general attacks so it can more reliably use Wood Hammer without dying to chip damage and recoil damage.

:sv/ting-lu:
This mon may be an odd choice for most teams, but Ting-Lu's role on this particular team is crucial for it's success. It plays the role as a Special wall helps with pokemon this team otherwise struggles to play against, with the most notable example being Darkrai. It easily sponges special attacks from most special attackers due to it's high HP stat and it's solid special defense stat being buffed from it's ability Vessel of Ruin, while also setting up Stealth Rocks, being immune to Electric types, and having reliable chip damage in the form of Earthquake and Ruination.

:sv/alomomola:
We've all seen UrsaMola cores. We know how deadly and effective they are. Let's just get the obvious out of the way. It's an amazing Water type resist with an HP stat and access to Flip Turn for pivoting out on things not named Ogerpon-Wellspring and Volcanion (this is very dependent on how daring your opponent is to use Volcanion), Wish to heal both itself and its teammates, Protect to prevent damage being done to yourself from things not named Urshifu to ignore 2 turn healing process with Wish, and Toxic for overtime chip damage.

:sv/tornadus-therian:
Lastly, we have Tornadus. It's a Special attacker with both Nasty Plot to make it more effective at dishing out damage and potentially sweeping your opponents team given the right circumstances, and Flyinium Z to turn it's inaccurate STAB move Hurricane into a perfect accuracy nuke option. Focus Blast allows it to hit things that otherwise resist Hurricane and Hurricane Z, and Defog allows you to remove hazard from your team and preventing more chip damage that can be harmful for the team. Just pray that your Tornadus isn't blind and misses all of its non Z move attacks.

glhf
Team F
Flowers for Algernon
WARNING: Extremely clickable. Long exposure may lead to loss of skill and/or sanity.
:sv/hoopa-unbound: :sv/porygon2: :sv/enamorus-therian: :sv/ursaluna: :sv/stakataka: :sv/slowbro-mega:

Pretty standard TR team with a little sauce in the Slowbro / Slowbro-Mega choice. You click TR, you TP out or Hyperspace Fury out, and something dies. The offensive core complements itself well, as Enam-T + Ursaluna hit nearly everything for insane amounts of damage. Stakataka is a self-sustaining TR sweeper to clean as well as break for the other two.

Voting ends on Monday!

hidin

What a kind young man
We are back! Congratulations to Oculars for winning Cycle 40! Onto the next and newest slate...

Cycle 41: Iron Crown

Iron Crown has had relatively good success in the metagame, notably stone walling Tapu Lele and other offensive threats with its Assault Vest set, or going the set up route with its Calm Mind + Booster Energy sets; not to say these are the only ones that exist. However, can you build the best team with Iron Crown on it? Submit until March 22nd!

:pmd/tapu-lele: :pmd/Iron-Crown: :pmd/Hawlucha: :pmd/Samurott-Hisui: :pmd/Diancie-Mega: :pmd/great-tusk:

I've been waiting for iron crown to be chosen for some time now, since i was very eager to share this team i've built when dlc 2 dropped.This is one of the teams that helped me reach 39 on ladder, so it has some sauce to it.

:Tapu-Lele: Comes in, does silly tapu lele stuff, you already know. Gave this hp fire to deal with scizor and sometimes ferro if i dont feel like relying on the sucky accuracy of focus blast.
:Iron-Crown: Insane late game cleaner.With tera figthing u can destroy heatran and a bunch of steels that would normally bully Iron Crown, the biggest counter of this set i would say is garg, hence why i put psyhic noise on it.
:Hawlucha: Psychic seed activated=>gg. Encore mons into defensive moves like recover, roost and protect and u get free sword dances up.
:Samurott-Hisui: Great lead, sets up spikes, deals damage in the process, dies.
:Diancie-Mega: This can also be a lead, as people really like leading their landos and gliscor.Most lando sets can't hit with anything besides eq, same with gliscor, so magnet rise is there to ensure some free damage on those in the early game.Also sits on clodsire if needed.
:great-tusk: 6th slot used to be an excadril but tbh,tusk is just better for this team.Great damage dealer, can also threaten gliscor and lando with ice spinner or at least can force them to tera, which is also a good thing.

As a small sidenote, this team is a bit old, i made it right after dlc 2 dropped, so some things might be a bit weird on here.I wanted to share it nonetheless since this team has a certain charm, as i mentioned earlier in this post.

Ineros

Checkmate, move along!
is a Pre-Contributor
Don’t have to build a team for this cycle; I already got one I REALLY like!
Mirror, Mirror - Dragon Dance Kyurem + Swords Dance Urshifu Screens
:Grimmsnarl: :kyurem: :Urshifu: :iron crown: :Ursaluna: :Serperior:

Shoutout Oculars for helping with this
Ok so like last time I will keep this “short” like last time. The thought process was this; what is one of HO’s main weaknesses? I hate to say this, but stall is its main issue? Having access to unaware mons like Dondozo and clodsire. From what I’ve learned about HO, it’s all about trying to overload defensive cores so then you are able to break them much, much easier. The main defensive core I tried to overload was mainly Pex and Corv, as this team doesn’t have the BEST matchup into it but with the combined offenses you are able to break through it. Stall was also a primary target for this team to overload (as you’ll see. Grimmsnarl is a screens setter I’m not the BIGGEST fan of, but it does have the niche of having priority screens, which can help gain momentum against foes faster than Tapu Koko such as scarfers like Tapu lele and Lando. Taunt helps deny hazards, which although isn’t a difference from Koko it does help out kyurem. Dragon dance kyurem is a niche setup sweeper, using its superb bulk and stab combination akin to baxcalibur (although much toned down) in conjunction with Tera to be a passable sweeper. Urshifu is a good teammate for Grimmsnarl, as Grimm is mainly snuffed out by darks (like ting Lu or mtar). So, to deal with this weakness, Urshifu is there to potentially lead against these darks and break teams early game. Unfortunately, Iron Crown isn’t the star of the show on this team, but it is still quite good as a setup sweeper, being the main speed control and main check to Tapu Lele and Ival. With Tera and iron defense along with calm mind and a speed boost, it’s definitely going to be clearing out at least parts of a team. Ursaluna is stallbreaker #1, shredding defensive cores like hot butter and having the good defensive utility of a ground type. But, considering how HORRID I actually play, I’m probably not going to be breaking stall or probably any team really with just this (although it is possible). That’s why we have “demon” serperior. For those unaware, This serperior is excellent at breaking defensive cores down including Ho public enemy #1 stall, using Leppa berry in conjunction with taunt to have just enough leaf storms to beat clod and blissey. Tera ghost is used to be immune to blissey’s seismic toss (and ig be immune to idbp zama and fighting move from shifu). Ursa and serp also have good offensive synergy, as Ursa struggles with fast waters like woger and shifu (guess who beats those) and serp struggles with steels that don’t mind hidden power fire (mainly heatran but also Icrown and arch) which Ursa is able to do well against. They also do well to overwhelm their main steel birb checks with their fire coverage, allowing serp or Ursa to break much easier.

This is for all the people who say I can’t build Ho and only know how to build balance (although this team may still not be the best lmao)

DOUBLE SPECS OFFENSIVE WITH IRON CROWN
:iron-crown: :iron-valiant: :garchomp: :tapu-koko: :ogerpon-wellspring: :tornadus-therian:

An offensive team with Specs Iron Crown and Specs Valiant overwhelming checks such as Galarian Slowking and opposing Iron Crown. My own Iron Crown has Volt Switch to pivot out into a teammate or even revenge kill pokemon like Greninja if necessary, while Iron Valiant can disrupt bulkier teams with Trick. Garchomp is a good switch in from Crown's Volt Switch against pokemon like Galarian Slowking, Heatran or Tyranitar, either setting up Stealth Rock for the team or setting up Swords Dance to wallbreak. Tapu Koko gives both Paradox mons a speed boost while being able to pivot itself, forming a VoltTurn Core with Iron Crown, with HP Ice to hit pokemon like Landorus-Therian and Gliscor better. Ogerpon-W is simply really good and works with Garchomp to pressure fatter teams with Swords Dance and Superpower (to hit Ferrothorn). Tornadus-Therian removes hazards and can use Knock Off to provide hazard presssure against opponents, while serving as a good switch-in to mons like Great Tusk. It furhter compliments the VoltTurn Core that Iron Crown and Tapu Koko have going on.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2082931489 Somehow beat stall with this team as well

:iron-crown: I swear this mon can just be spammed repeatedly under terrain. P standard speed booster set, just with expanding force over psychic noise/psyshock
:tapu lele: Terrain extender set, helps crown massively and helps let lucha sweep. Evs are to outspeed rilla.
:hawlucha: Lucha can become a really threatening sweeper when given the unburden boost and sd. Sets self explanitory
:darkrai: Rai helps remove mons like glowking to allow crown to run riot while also just weakening the opponents team enough for something to clean up.
:great tusk: Its hazard removal and i needed it. P standard set, but head smash fucking goobs the shit out of molt/zap, mons that normally want to come in on it
:alomomola: provides wish support and a slow pivot which the whole team appreciates.

I had a lot of fun with this team ngl, hope yall enjoy!

hidin

What a kind young man
Team A
:pmd/tapu-lele: :pmd/Iron-Crown: :pmd/Hawlucha: :pmd/Samurott-Hisui: :pmd/Diancie-Mega: :pmd/great-tusk:

I've been waiting for iron crown to be chosen for some time now, since i was very eager to share this team i've built when dlc 2 dropped.This is one of the teams that helped me reach 39 on ladder, so it has some sauce to it.

:Tapu-Lele: Comes in, does silly tapu lele stuff, you already know. Gave this hp fire to deal with scizor and sometimes ferro if i dont feel like relying on the sucky accuracy of focus blast.
:Iron-Crown: Insane late game cleaner.With tera figthing u can destroy heatran and a bunch of steels that would normally bully Iron Crown, the biggest counter of this set i would say is garg, hence why i put psyhic noise on it.
:Hawlucha: Psychic seed activated=>gg. Encore mons into defensive moves like recover, roost and protect and u get free sword dances up.
:Samurott-Hisui: Great lead, sets up spikes, deals damage in the process, dies.
:Diancie-Mega: This can also be a lead, as people really like leading their landos and gliscor.Most lando sets can't hit with anything besides eq, same with gliscor, so magnet rise is there to ensure some free damage on those in the early game.Also sits on clodsire if needed.
:great-tusk: 6th slot used to be an excadril but tbh,tusk is just better for this team.Great damage dealer, can also threaten gliscor and lando with ice spinner or at least can force them to tera, which is also a good thing.

As a small sidenote, this team is a bit old, i made it right after dlc 2 dropped, so some things might be a bit weird on here.I wanted to share it nonetheless since this team has a certain charm, as i mentioned earlier in this post.
Team B
Don’t have to build a team for this cycle; I already got one I REALLY like!
Mirror, Mirror - Dragon Dance Kyurem + Swords Dance Urshifu Screens
:Grimmsnarl: :kyurem: :Urshifu: :iron crown: :Ursaluna: :Serperior:

Shoutout Oculars for helping with this
Ok so like last time I will keep this “short” like last time. The thought process was this; what is one of HO’s main weaknesses? I hate to say this, but stall is its main issue? Having access to unaware mons like Dondozo and clodsire. From what I’ve learned about HO, it’s all about trying to overload defensive cores so then you are able to break them much, much easier. The main defensive core I tried to overload was mainly Pex and Corv, as this team doesn’t have the BEST matchup into it but with the combined offenses you are able to break through it. Stall was also a primary target for this team to overload (as you’ll see. Grimmsnarl is a screens setter I’m not the BIGGEST fan of, but it does have the niche of having priority screens, which can help gain momentum against foes faster than Tapu Koko such as scarfers like Tapu lele and Lando. Taunt helps deny hazards, which although isn’t a difference from Koko it does help out kyurem. Dragon dance kyurem is a niche setup sweeper, using its superb bulk and stab combination akin to baxcalibur (although much toned down) in conjunction with Tera to be a passable sweeper. Urshifu is a good teammate for Grimmsnarl, as Grimm is mainly snuffed out by darks (like ting Lu or mtar). So, to deal with this weakness, Urshifu is there to potentially lead against these darks and break teams early game. Unfortunately, Iron Crown isn’t the star of the show on this team, but it is still quite good as a setup sweeper, being the main speed control and main check to Tapu Lele and Ival. With Tera and iron defense along with calm mind and a speed boost, it’s definitely going to be clearing out at least parts of a team. Ursaluna is stallbreaker #1, shredding defensive cores like hot butter and having the good defensive utility of a ground type. But, considering how HORRID I actually play, I’m probably not going to be breaking stall or probably any team really with just this (although it is possible). That’s why we have “demon” serperior. For those unaware, This serperior is excellent at breaking defensive cores down including Ho public enemy #1 stall, using Leppa berry in conjunction with taunt to have just enough leaf storms to beat clod and blissey. Tera ghost is used to be immune to blissey’s seismic toss (and ig be immune to idbp zama and fighting move from shifu). Ursa and serp also have good offensive synergy, as Ursa struggles with fast waters like woger and shifu (guess who beats those) and serp struggles with steels that don’t mind hidden power fire (mainly heatran but also Icrown and arch) which Ursa is able to do well against. They also do well to overwhelm their main steel birb checks with their fire coverage, allowing serp or Ursa to break much easier.
This is for all the people who say I can’t build Ho and only know how to build balance (although this team may still not be the best lmao)
Team C
DOUBLE SPECS OFFENSIVE WITH IRON CROWN
:iron-crown: :iron-valiant: :garchomp: :tapu-koko: :ogerpon-wellspring: :tornadus-therian:

An offensive team with Specs Iron Crown and Specs Valiant overwhelming checks such as Galarian Slowking and opposing Iron Crown. My own Iron Crown has Volt Switch to pivot out into a teammate or even revenge kill pokemon like Greninja if necessary, while Iron Valiant can disrupt bulkier teams with Trick. Garchomp is a good switch in from Crown's Volt Switch against pokemon like Galarian Slowking, Heatran or Tyranitar, either setting up Stealth Rock for the team or setting up Swords Dance to wallbreak. Tapu Koko gives both Paradox mons a speed boost while being able to pivot itself, forming a VoltTurn Core with Iron Crown, with HP Ice to hit pokemon like Landorus-Therian and Gliscor better. Ogerpon-W is simply really good and works with Garchomp to pressure fatter teams with Swords Dance and Superpower (to hit Ferrothorn). Tornadus-Therian removes hazards and can use Knock Off to provide hazard presssure against opponents, while serving as a good switch-in to mons like Great Tusk. It furhter compliments the VoltTurn Core that Iron Crown and Tapu Koko have going on.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-2082931489 Somehow beat stall with this team as well
Team D
:iron-crown: I swear this mon can just be spammed repeatedly under terrain. P standard speed booster set, just with expanding force over psychic noise/psyshock
:tapu lele: Terrain extender set, helps crown massively and helps let lucha sweep. Evs are to outspeed rilla.
:hawlucha: Lucha can become a really threatening sweeper when given the unburden boost and sd. Sets self explanitory
:darkrai: Rai helps remove mons like glowking to allow crown to run riot while also just weakening the opponents team enough for something to clean up.
:great tusk: Its hazard removal and i needed it. P standard set, but head smash fucking goobs the shit out of molt/zap, mons that normally want to come in on it
:alomomola: provides wish support and a slow pivot which the whole team appreciates.

I had a lot of fun with this team ngl, hope yall enjoy!
Voting ends Sunday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)