Project Neverused Teambuilding Competition V2 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well seeing as there is still a day and I made this team for battle of the week might as well put it up here to.

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Frustration

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Sandslash @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Explosion

Exeggutor @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

When starting off with this team I knew I wanted to build sand didnt start off building this for this competition and I had been talking with Soulgazer about building one. He mentioned that he wanted to try out toxic spikes with sand, so I thought lead toxic spike user, better go with Qwilfish. (I know how similar my team looks to New Breeds lol, but I wasnt copying it) It has both tspikes and spikes and has support moves like destiny bond and explosion. For the set I decided to run Explosion over Taunt because if the opponent had a defogger I didnt want them getting rid of the toxic spikes which are a pretty big part of how this team functions.

The core for this week is pretty straight forward, Stoutland with LO and coverage moves and Hippopotas with Smooth Rock for longer sand and rocks, the other moves are kind of irrelevant because its mainly here to set up rocks and sand and be death fodder lol.

Now on to the rest of the team, I wanted to have another sweeper that abused the sand so I went with Sandslash. I had tested sand way back at the beginning of the beta and had run a similar set which worked out great. Sandslash with Swords Dance can tear through teams late game, and coupled with Stoutland who softens up any checks/counters to it. For the moves I went EQ and SD for obvious reasons and then I went Knock Off for Ghost levitators and X-Scissor for Grass types. I find that Knock Off gets the KO on all flying mons barring Pelipper with rocks up which is why I did not include Stone Edge over X-Scissor plus I hate always fucking missing. Rapid Spin can be run over X-Scissor, but Sandslash is ment to be sweeping not spinning so I didnt use it. I also put Leftovers on Sandslash as opposed to LO because the extra longevity is key for sweeping imo. Sandslash might need to switch in take a hit then setup SD and then take any priority moves, so the extra recovery really helps out on that.

For Exeggutor I need a mon that resisted both grass and water, which from previous experience I found to be the bain of a sand teams existence. I decided to do a bulky Sub Seed set which works on stalling down and walls or offensive mons. Toxic spike damage + sand damage + leech seed damage, ensure that a pokemon is only going to be in for 3 turns at most before its dead. For the moves pretty standard sub seed set.

I need a mon to spin block to keep the toxic spikes on the field and right now my favorite pokemon to do that is Rotom. I've been running scarf Rotom on a lot of my recent teams to great success. Standard moves except I chose to run Will-o-wisp over T-bolt, which catches a lot of people of guard and is useful for crippling physical sweepers.

Whelp there is the team, have fun to anyone who decides to test it!

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
New Breed Cant vote for yourself, poor sportsmanship and what not.

New Breed pretty cool team that has a nice hazard preserving core that functions really well with stoutland.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
New Breed - really nice balance offense team (I say balanced because there's a hippopotas so it's not really hyper offense IMO)
Hazard stacking is pretty darn good in this meta, and rotom is always a fairly reliable spinblocker. The team has a bit of a weakness to lilligant, but in all honesty most teams have problems dealing with it.

Ares

New Breed - really nice balance offense team (I say balanced because there's a hippopotas so it's not really hyper offense IMO)
Hazard stacking is pretty darn good in this meta, and rotom is always a fairly reliable spinblocker. The team has a bit of a weakness to lilligant, but in all honesty most teams have problems dealing with it.
My eggy doesn't ;o

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
k New Breed wins

The next core was suggested to me by Soulgazer so if you don't like it blame him :toast:

+

Sceptile has the workings of a great sweeper. It's fast, decently strong, and has excellent coverage in just three moves. Some of its only weak points are that it's on the frailer side and has no way to boost its power. This is where Musharna comes in; it can provide a nice bulky glue for Sceptile to fall back on, while being able to pass Sceptile potential Calm Mind boosts, making it that much scarier. Not only that, but Musharna is able to handle some of Sceptile's best checks with relative ease, setting up on bulky Poisons and Assault Vest Hariyama.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello NU ^_^ I know most of you already but I was recommended to come here and give this a try so...I hope you like it!

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Pyroar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost

When starting with this team I obviously started with Musharna and Sceptile; how they can work as one. The Calm Mind + Baton Pass was pretty obvious, Moonlight for the recovery while setting up and Psyshock to beat those other Calm Mind users that try to set up against you. Sceptile is running Substitute incase of wanting to get that Overgrow boost, Giga Drain over Leaf Storm for the recovery since you're doing enough damage with the Calm Mind boosts, not to mention your health will slowly be withering down from the Substitute + Life Orb.

The team originally had Kabutops, Typhlosion and Kangaskhan after some tweaks Pyroar was found to have the Ghost immunity to handle Mismagius, access to another STAB move and higher speed which could be used effectively when receiving Calm Mind boosts from Musharna and also comes in as a decent revenge killer due towards it being the Choice Scarf set; this was replaced with Typhlosion.

A Poison type Pokemon was needed to cover the things that the other Pokemon didn't and thus Garbodor was born in a specially defensive build rather than defense. Toxic Spikes really comes in handy with stalling Pokemon out when bringing in Musharna with its Moonlight; having to take into account how much PP you actually have left however. Spikes is self explanatory really, I mean; who doesn't like hazards? :D Gunk Shot to do heavy damage and Drain Punch to gain some recovery and so I'm not walled by Steel types like Pawniard, Ferroseed and Klinklang.

Kabutops was slightly redundant due to having Seismitoad so it had to go. Seismitoad comes in as my Stealth Rock user (seriously? more hazards???) and solid Ground type Pokemon. Its main objectives on the team are to spread burn if the Toxic Spikes aren't up with Scald, get up the Stealth Rock and Knock Off essential items from you opponent.

The last Pokemon but far from the least useful is Archeops being an excellent revenge killer. Keeping its health up with Roost to avoid its ability(Defeatist) being activated; haha, feels strange typing about trying to avoid using your ability on a Pokemon, avoiding status, hazards or change in weather with Taunt and Acrobatics is the hard hitting STAB move. Earthquake is just great coverage against Pokemon Archeops may struggle with.

Well, that's the team guys :] I'm hoping to contribute towards NU much more in future times!

Last edited:

Soulgazer is a massive bully and pressured me into participating against my will imo smogon police arrest this crummy user. Here is a HO Build with MushTile core.

Alright so I wanted to build around the god that is Trick Room Musharna. It is one of the most anti-meta pokemon, and can easily flip tables on opponents. Although it doesn't seem that it would work on a fast paces HO team, my priority users prevent me from actually being crippled should Mushy go down prior to its TR. However, it is incredibly Anti-Metagame due to its ability to run through any offensive teams. In the current NU metagame, pokemon are getting faster and faster, and as a result Musharna can easily turn matches around against common speedmons, and with its powerful 107 Base Special Attack it can easily smash offensive pokemon as well as break through defensive mons as well. Its a really awesome set that can sweep through unprepared and unsuspecting teams, and furthermore its great bulk lets it easily set up its Trick Room succssfully and priority from doing anything to it at all.

The rest of the team is rather simple. Sceptile is being used as my wallbreaker. Meadow Plate is really cool because it still makes Sceptile really strong, but can bait out opponents thinking it is specs and easily smash an unexpected switchin with its powerful coverage. I also choose to run Leaf Storm over the standard Substitute as it oftentimes gives me a succesful chance to tear through a pokemon I would otherwise be unable to break, and has enough power to easily 2HKO just about any mon in the tier with hazards support.

Mismagius is my team's stallbreaker and spinblocker of choice. Between Taunt and its great Ghost typing, it is the epitome of hazards control, as it is not only my primary method of preventing the opponent from setting hazards, but it also stops the opponent from Defogging / Rapid Spinning, which is a key to my success to ensure successful sweeps. Furthermore, its filler space is incredibly useful. Wisp can help me cripple key threats such as Kangaskhan or Liepard for the rest of my team, while Destiny Bond can easily take out any given threat to my team.

Kangaskhan is the glue of my team to easily decimate setup sweepers such as Slurpuff and Lilligant, while acting as a good offensive check to strong Ghost types that otherwise threaten my team. Kangaskhan's strength also makes it a really solid wallbreaker, and is really just one of those selfexplanatory mons. Feraligatr is the secondary sweeper of the team who shares amazing offensive synergy with Trick Room Musharna, and acts as a revenge killer to anything that Khan cannot. Honestly, between its sheer power and amazing bulk, its a one man army, and it is no wonder why it is without a doubt one of the best pokemon in NU atm.

Crustle gives me dem hazards. That is all.
Code:
Sceptile @ Meadow Plate / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Dragon Pulse

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp / Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam

Musharna @ Life Orb
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Moonlight / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Crustle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Spikes

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Sceptile @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Curse
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight

Muk @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
curse pass musharna plus white herb unburden sceptile. the rest of the team is very bulky and benefits from curse with the exception of rotom. the team is really bulky and has two priority users so hopefully that makes up for the lack of speed

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam

Musharna @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Future Sight / Calm mind
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory
Basically got some inspiration from one of the sets FLCL posted in the New / Creative Movesets and wanted to see if Musharna could pull off a similar set. Future sight offers some great support to Sceptile as well as Typhlosion since things like Dragalge, Vileplume, Hariyama, etc. can no longer switch in safely to tank a resisted hit. You could also use a CM Pass set but Future Sight is a bit more fun and has a "surprise factor". Steelix and Kabutops provided some good resistances along with Stealth Rock, phazing, Rapid Spin, and priority support to the team. Gurdurr also provides a solid form of priority for the team. Everything is pretty much standard with the exception of Musharna.

Props to soulgazer on this core, it works very well. The implication of mush passing CMs to Sceptile encouraged me to finally use sub+3 since I prefer the SD set. I also put healing wish of all things so Sceptile can have a second lease on life. Gurdurr was the bulky sweeper and I saw people DC on it. Rock management was important so Sandslash, who was first an armaldo, was added. Feraligatr was added so I have a way to check typhlosion. I was searching for a bulky Fire type, but torkoal didn't give me much success and Eviolite pignite proved to suck. So I went with scarf typhlosion and the rest is standard.

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Healing Wish

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Extrasensory
- Focus Blast

Blast

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi just posting to say you have one day left to post teams / leave feedback

Blast

Voting is now up. You can vote for one of:
  • Darnell
  • Brawlfest
  • FLCL
  • Ferb
  • Gr3gory
Teams are all above

Darnell because its p much a Soulgazer team [100% of it is.. i forgot to give darnell credit 97%] lol

sg edit: all i did was telling him that taunt roost archeops works well on his team smh

brawlfest edit: you are terribad regardless babe :] Soulgazer

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Dat Blast you should probably add kangaskhan/mismagius/crustle with gatr/mesprit/slurpuff for Pokemon with limits as it is just too easy to make teams with that lol, remove slurpuff tho there's so much cores you can do with that :')

Going to vote for Darnell's since he's my tutee because it is probably the first team I have ever seen where Pyroar was a better option than Typhlosion (better check to Ghost-types and has two STABs to choose from late game to clean up with a couple of Calm Mind boosts). Good team :)

Really like Brawlfest's and FLCL's too since OTR Musharna and CursePass are crisp

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voting for Darnell - Really cool team, I used it a few times, its very fun. Always a big fan of the Garbodor + Seismitoad hazard stacking core, althought cant say I agree with using SpDef on garbo. Pyroar is a really good mon, having a secondary STAB to work with is always a nice niche over typhlosion - certainly agree with sg on that one.
FLCLs squad is really nice too, curse Musharna is something that I would never think of but I'm sure that it works well.

Ares

A vote for Darnell is a vote for Soulgazer (sorry Darnell lol)

FLCL

(__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)