Project NeverUsed Teambuilding Competition [Building Period] [Round 10]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Approved by Raseri and taken over from Blastral and Lord Alphose. OP partially stolen from Superpowerdude in the LC version.

Neverused Teambuilding Competition

Hello and welcome to the third edition of the Neverused Teambuilding Competition! The goal of this project is to observe and better understand how experienced NU players go about building their teams around a particular core. It's also a great way to improve and refine your own teambuilding skills, or just simply learn how others do it! Anyone is free to participate and I encourage as much discussion as possible; however, I'd like to point out that you do not have to post a team to contribute to this thread. Contant feedback is allowed and actually preferred in this thread, so if you have comments or concerns about someone's team, don't be afraid to post it! The process is as follows:

Each round, I will choose a core of one or two Pokemon. It is then up to you to build a team around it, designing sets, teammates, roles, and everything in between. Identifying weaknesses, strategies, and so forth are key parts of teambuilding and I'm quite interested to see how that carries through in this thread. I also hope to emphasize a lot of creativity with this as well—new gems and underrated Pokemon and cores are popping up all the time, and hopefully this thread can bring about a lot of new discoveries about the metagame! After the submission period is over (which will be after around give or take a week) I will announce the voting period, where you will get a couple of days to vote on what you think is the best team. By the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied and team with the most votes will be pastebinned and archived in the Hall of Fame I will be posting below, and the process will start again with a new core.

Some ground rules:
  • In order to PM me your team, click on my profile picture and click "start a conversation", and make sure to include a team import and description, and title the PM "Teambuilding Competition [Round __]"
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core.
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things. In fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it. Basically, just don't be a jerk.
  • Use hide tags when posting your team, otherwise we will all hate you.
  • I will post when you have a day left to get your teams posted.
  • Feel free to PM me any changes you have to your team up until I post them!
Okay with that said this week's core is going to be...

+

Jumpluff is a pretty damn underrated sweeper in the current meta, and Piloswine is a great supporter for a Jumpluff sweep. Pilo is able to break the steel-types that give jumpluff problems, while also setting up rocks which are usually invaluable when Jumpluff starts sweeping since it rarely has enough power to beat teams without any support.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here's a pretty fun team I built recently.

This more or less happened to have this core but was built around the core of zangoose + scyther which was explained here, and claydol was kinda just slapped on during building as the spinner to help out Scyther. Zangoose is one of the strongest wallbreakers in the tier, having very few full defensive answers but somewhat struggles versus offensive teams. I went with an Adamant nature over Jolly as the extra boost in power is often extremely useful. What Zangoose really appreciates as team support is entry hazards and fighting resists; which are fairly on every team but you get the idea. The Garbodor set is pretty simple, Spikes and Gunk Shot being the only necessary moves. After some testing I felt that Toxic Spikes weren't too useful, so I replaced them with Haze which is great for setup sweepers like Scyther, Klinklang, and Pawniard. Toxic was kinda just slapped on as filler, I've never really needed to use it but theoretically I could swap it for Seed Bomb and then have something else over Grass Knot on Claydol. On to said mon, Claydol provides a secondary fighting check and entry hazard removal. The moves are pretty simple, spin to remove hazards, Earth Power is handy to hit the likes of Garbodor (which bothers Zangoose), Crustle, Mawile, and Klinklang. Shadow Ball is important to hit Ghost types so they dont get a free switch in on a Rapid Spin, and Grass Knot targets Rhydon, Seismitoad, Quag, Regirock, etc. This is really handy for Quag since it walls the living hell out of SD Scyther, and smacking Rhydon / Regirock is nice so that Zangoose has more freedom clicking Facade. Bulky Sd Scyther is one of my favorite mons / sets to use as of late, as it sets up on so much of the tier, checks important stuff like fighting types and malamar, and hits quite hard. U-turn is used over Bug Bite or Knock off since I like keeping up momentum and Scyther's dual stab combo is meh. Lanturn is really great in this meta as it threatens common defensive cores such as Mantine + bulky ground (rhydon / camerupt). I first considered using a leftovers set, but the main appeal to me was Lanturn's cleric role on a team with heal bell but I found that to be counterproductive with Zangooses toxic orb, and a choice specs set is really easy to play around. As dumb as it sounds, AV lanturn has been a great choice on the team, still tanking the hits its supposed to from the likes of pyroar, typhlosion, rotom formes, etc while being able to switch up moves. While it probably wasnt the best idea to put on a stealth rock setter last, regirock is an excellent glue for the team acting as a secondary Fire check and also handling normal and flying types such as archeops, swellow, scyther, etc.
I think I explained everything enough lol

If you have any feedback on the team, I'd appreciate it.

xzern (Zangoose) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat

gabbage (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Haze
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic

muh eyes (Claydol) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Grass Knot

gottagokiyo (Scyther) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

xd (Lanturn) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

rack slad (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Hi i'm just dumping this because it happened to be on my teambuilder somehow

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass

Raseri (Prinplup) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Toxic

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Typhlosion @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Water
- Fire Blast

Claydol @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

People have started catching on but Scyther + Typh + Sneasel is a fantastic offensive core. Problem? They're incredibly weak to SR. I try to fix his with core of Claydol + Prinplup, removing opposing SR at all costs. What happens is if I just have prinplup, then whatever prinp is supposed to check has a field day becuase I have to make the lose-lose choice between letting prinp get worn down, or letting them just do whatever they want. With 2 hazard control I can organically let 1 do their defensive duty without being put in the terrible scenario of having prinplup stuck at low hp and not being able to defog anymore because I have the other one. I could just use specs typh because I have spdef prinp, but w/e. Use HP Water as long as camel is around because fuck him. After he's gone HP Grass is probably better. Mawile is good pivot, archeops check, and stallbreaks well with the set I have there. Baton Pass + U-turn is great for momentum. U-turn on Scyther to Pursuit trap Rotoms.

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Submissions close in around 24 hours and then voting starts. And for those of you who can't build a team, feel free to ask questions or leave feedback on teams that have already been posted.

CASED VICTORY (Tauros) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

TEDDEH (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

KIYO (Scyther) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Roost

HOLLYWOOD (Claydol) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

THE GOOMY (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Queenofluvd1-5cs (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

When I started building this team, I wanted to build with Tauros + volt turn. I ended up having Scyther + Claydol so I figured I would post this. Tauros is just a powerhouse that is a lot of fun to use. Adding the core of Lanturn + Scyther allowed me to get this threat in safely. Fire blast hits Ferroseed which helps Lanturn and Scyther. Lanturn is relatively standard. Hp grass hits Seismitoad and Quagsire and the speed allows me to outspeed base 70 walls that decide to creep a bit. Scyther is on almost all my teams. As I have said in the past, bulky SD Scyther its amazing right now because it handles Crodino, calm mind Psychics like offensive CM Uxie, Malamar and fighting types like Sawk. SD u-turn allows me to chip away at Regirock's and Rhydon's in order to sweep late game. Claydol is a great addition to volt turn because the thing that makes volt turn work is having hazards on your opponent's side of the field and NO hazards on your side of the field. Claydol is by far the best spinner available so I went with it. The ev's outspeed adamant Sawk and allow Claydol to beat it 1 on 1. Regirock is next. This mon is amazing right now as it provides teams with a strong normal resist and reliable stealth rocker. Thunder wave helps cripple opposing teams and pairs well with rock slide. Earthquake allows it to beat Klinklang 1 on 1. EQ should 2 hit ko and a +1 gear grind does around 70ish iirc. Lastly I have a Vileplume in the back. This mon gives me another check to Klinklang and another water resist.

I vote for marilli because their team is almost identical to the one I built but ended up not posting because marilli's was almost identical. Also because Scyther + Sneasel + Typh is cool and fun.

o lets keep this alive guys :)

i vote for iplaytennislol because of the use of tauros alongside Claydol and Scyther. I think Tauros is a good partner for Scyther because it can weaken Scythers checks, or Scyther can weaken Tauros' checks. Tauros also ties against archeops, one of the big threats to scyther. I like the team because it looks very easy to use and efficient, although i like the other submissions as well

This thread is cold, so lets try and warm it up with The New Tim HortonsSteeped Tea! Now made from whole leaf, and meticulously crafted and brewed from Plant to Pot, Wowza!

im reviving this thread because its a cool thread that needs to be revived. Metaphysical get on it.

shiloh

Tiering Lead
Yeah, this was completely dead, so I have had a few ideas on how to bring it back with actual activity. Waiting on other people to respond atm.

(thanks for bumping btw)

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
tennis and bolts both have really similar teams, so it kinda just depends on whether you prefer Tauros + Vileplume or Zangoose + Garbodor (Typh is banned so rip marilli). I would personally lean towards tennis a little bit just because Tauros a lot harder to wear down, which is pretty important for the team since it's the only immediate hard-hitter.

If I may though I'm still really not a big fan the voting stage though ever since I ran this

shiloh

Tiering Lead
+

New Core with the newest additions to the Tier!

Fletchinder and Magneton form an interesting duo. Using magnet pull, Magneton is able to trap and dispose of the Steel Types that Fletchinder has a tough time beating. Fletchinder also can take care of the fighting types plague Magneton.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Feel free to use whichever sets work best for you.

And last weeks winner is iplaytennislol! Congrats

Last edited:

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
So I don't have a full good team for burd + magnet, however I do know of a good third man to add to the core:

I present to you Life Orb Vileplume. (lets just pretend i have a cool picture here, on mobile atm)

RKO (Vileplume) @ Life Orb
Ability:Effect Spore
44 HP/252 SAtk/212 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Moonlight

Killing Stunfisk/Lantern? Check.
Luring Ice Attacks? Check.
Bringing out other Plume so that Magneton gets in free? Check.
Power? Check.
Secondary Fighting check? not really tbh
Plume just really helps these two muscle past the few things that can actually stop the onslaught of Fletch+Mag. It also comes with an added bonus of being a generally cool mon. Bulky Plume might help stop Twave shenanigans with Aromatherapy, but i prefer to just bop them.

As a side note, I made a p cool AnaSpecs Magneton set that I'd like to share. It's basically just standard Mag but with 96 speed EVs that gives it some relation to maxneutral Mawile and also gives it suprisingly decent bulk.

Fletchinder
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Fletch+Mag is a cool core. Magnet Pull is cool, I'm even using it on this team, but I think Choice Specs with HP Grass is a solid partner for fletchinder because it pressures those bulky electric types like Lanturn and Stunfisk even more. I did choose magnet pull though on this team because I feel it helps Lilligant out a ton, which is a very important partner for this core because both are stopped by bulky grounds like Stunfisk and Quagsire. Having a steel trapper meant I could afford to run HP ice on Lilligant. Lum Berry is a solid alternative item on Lilligant because you can use Lilligant as a middle ground when switching into stunfisk, instead of say rhydon taking an earth power on the switch or rotom taking damage that it can never recover. Since I'm running such an offensive team, I decided to use hazard stack. Crustle provides both rocks and spikes, and can toxic Quagsire. A spin-blocker is obligatory for spike-based teams, so I decided upon no other ghost than Rotom. I wanted a reliable Archeops check since Fletchinder is revenged by it pretty easily, so I slapped a scarf on Rotom. Tricking a scarf is very useful on bulky grounds that try to switch into volt switch, so that cripples Quagsire for Rhydon and Fletchinder late-game. DD Rhydon is just a really cool pokemon and can break balanced teams that use Stunfisk. Lilligant can really help Rhydon by putting Vileplume in earthquake range, so keep that in mind when using this team :D

Fletchinder
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- Swords Dance

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

In ORAS, I really love this kind of team. It was like rock. So solide. I choose to use Fletchinder Overhat for Magneton/Ferrosseed on a switch. HP Grass analytic specs Magneton can 2HKO Lanturn with Stealth Rock.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magneton Hidden Power Grass vs. 40 HP / 216+ SpD Lanturn: 180-214 (44.8 - 53.3%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I wanted to have a statut absorbator, and Gurdurr was my choise because I wanted to have a Knock Off user. I choose to play the defensive core MAudino+Weezing because the wish support+Toxic spikes Weezing was pretty good with double priority. And my stealth rock setter+Spinner is Claydol because is my favorite offensive spinner. With Colbur Berry, he can take a Knock off really easily.

Last edited:

shiloh

Tiering Lead
Going to leave this up till Sunday the 17th, then Voting / Discussion can take place for the following 2 Weeks. [Waiting for NUPL to end]

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The Prophecy (Magneton) @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon

Khaleesi (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Martell (Fletchinder)
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Hodor (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes

King Joffrey (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Bran (Uxie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

/
/
/
/
/

This is a team Winter's Howl and I created like day 1 of drops and it has done pretty decently in the new meta. We decided Evio Sub Mag was the way to go as with Analytic, Magneton can beat up on faster mons that can tank Fletchinder's Acrobatics while punishing switchins that wall both of them such as Stunfisk and Lanturn. Kabutops is also an amazing Fletch partner as it can spin away most hazards while keeping up offensive pressure on the opponent. Fletchinder was meant to be the star of this team and rightfully was although you can't make a team with just 3 mons lol. Next up was Defensive Garbodor, who brough Spikes and Toxic Spikes to help wear down even more Fletch checks / counters, allowing it to sweep late game. Rhydon made for a good glue mon anf gives Rocks to beat up opposing Fletchinders. CM Uxie was a nice secondary win condition against bulky teams that Fletchinder could not break through. All in all, proud of this team and it is a fun balance between offenses and defenses, allowing it to break all kinds of teams.

Last edited:

This was the team is used in my most recent NUPL match. I made this team the day of drops and it has served really well for me on the ladder + in tour matches (its also a really lucky team). Fletch + Magnets was obviously what I wanted to build around because drops were shiny and new. Uxie had pretty decent synergy with magnets, and provided rocks, t-wave to help check fast sweepers as well as a slow U-Turn which formed a Volt-turn esque core with Magneton. I added Quag next because it has great synergy with the core and is really anti-meta atm, just straight beating a lot of teams. I remembered in an old RMT i wrote that Fletchinder + Shiftry was a really cool core b/c it had good offensive synergy and also combined the 2 strongest priority moves in the tier, so I decided to try out Cacturne as it provided another strong priority move as well as spikes support which is always nice to break down fatter teams. For my last mon I knew i needed some form of hazard support, but i didn't like kabutops on this team because then I rely too much on Cacturne to beat opposing Quag. I ended up going with LO Cryo because as Hollywood always tells me, there are no ice resists in NU, especially when it comes to freeze dry. Its also a cute little magnets lure because LO hp ground OHKO's even eviolite magnets.

Fletchinder
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Spikes

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Cryogonal @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Grimey (Fletchinder)
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Thringle (Magneton) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature

- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Top! (Kabutops) @ Life Orb

Ability: Battle Armor

Jolly Nature

- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Gaia (Torterra) @ Leftovers

Ability: Overgrow

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Shnizzle (Sneasel) @ Life Orb

Ability: Inner Focus

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash

Swaggerino (Quagsire) @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Relaxed Nature

- Recover
- Curse
- Scald
- Earthquake

~
~
~
~
~

This has been my main team lately and its working really well. Fletch and Mag are pretty standard. I run HP Fire over HP Ground cause I already sport 2 stab Earthquakes and it catches Ferroseeds that want to switch in off guard. I added Kabutops first because I wanted to play around with it and Fletch likes a spinner anyway. It also sports priority which is kind of a small theme on this team and helps dealing with the ground types both Mag and Fletch struggle with. Sneasel was added because I wanted more priority and a second setup sweeper. I LOVE the fact both my sweepers are super fast (well Fletch technically isn't, but Gale Wings is stupidly strong). I slowly start developing my play style and I've come to realize speed is essential to play the way I want to. Anyway, Sneasel. It helps dealing with ground types, it knocks out the ghosts that want to spinblock Kabutops, it's just an amazing mon right now. I can totally see why it got raised to S. Looking at the team at that point, I realized I was super weak to Electric and Fighting types, and my boy Swaggerino the Quagsire fixed that. It's also another check to fire pokemon, because it eats that stuff up even without any special investment. I keep switching between Curse and Toxic and I'm not sure which one is better at the moment. Now for my last slot, I wanted something to set rocks and also something to complete a FWG core, so I went with Torterra. The SpD investment is honestly just because I am mentally stuck in a state where all of my teams have to have a defensive core that consists of one physically and one specially defensive pokemon, and the physically defensive slot was already occupied by Swaggerino. It works, but I guess it could also just run an offensive spread and do fine.

So yeah, that's the team. Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to improve it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)