Project NeverUsed Teambuilding Competition [Building Period] [Round 10]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Ok, Can-Eh-Dian easily wins this round, congratulations!

For the next week, the core will be...

+

Vanilluxe is a great pokemon in the tier right now, with coverage that hits most of the tier for neutral damage. It does have a bit of a problem against pokemon like Cryogonal, which Sneasel is easily able to check with Pursuit / Knock Off.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Autotomize / Flash Cannon / Signal Beam

Sneasel @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Thanks to new Tier Leader hollywood for the core!

Hey friends! Well, Vanilluxe is really cool right now with so many things weak to ice, which makes it a good wallbreaker, which can remove some things that walls Sneasel. Sneasel can form a good pair with Vani that is fun to use and effective. All teams needs rocks so I brought a Regirock which provides rocks and still check Normal spam, fire types and Sneasel, finally it still has Thunder Wave which can allow me to cripple fast mons by lowering their speed and thus help vani. The team was weak to Fighting mons, so I decided to add Togetic as a Fighting resist and defogger for the team, Lanturn acts as a check for Magneton and Fletchinder and Volt Switch manages to gain momentum for the team along with baton-pass Togetic. Archeops is a great mon that helps the offensive core off Vanilluxe and Sneasel, which also has U-turn to further enhance the team's momentum to always bring free switches and maintain the offensive pressure on the opponent.

Code:
Light Wings (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Fossis (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Aquaman (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Scald

Mr. Freezer (Vanilluxe) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon

Dark Inu (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Sir Kay (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
mineswell drop the original vanilluxe team

nothing to say about vanilluxe that i haven't already said at least 30 times. sneasel forms an ice spam core with vanilluxe, which is especially nice because most people don't actually check sneasel with ice resists, but with bulky dark resists like mega audino and gurdurr, which don't like switching into vanilluxe. stunfisk offered important resistances to rock and steel, most notably checking magneton and being able to switch into archeops's acrobatics. pelipper offers crucial defog support when using two ice-types and also checks fighting-types, provides momentum, and offers a soft fire switch-in. not sure why i put fletchinder on the team but it's a fun win-condition whose checks and counters are easily handled by the rest of the team. also offers a check to lilligant that can usually switch in safely after sleep foddering something. lastly, i needed something that could switch in on rhydon, kangaskhan, tauros, and sneasel, so i went with metagame resist gurdurr. four out of the six pokemon are rock weak, but few of the pokemon don't threaten common stealth rock setters, and pelipper can always defog. also, stunfisk and gurdurr handle every rock-type in the tier barring like offensive lunatone or something lol.

transatlanticism (Vanilluxe) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam

lightness (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

expo '86 (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

passenger seat (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

tiny vessels (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

a lack of color (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
So hollywood wins this week, I'll update the OP and Archive to reflect this soon.

This week, the core will be more focused on Balance with...

+

Torterra and Lanturn is becoming a common core on more balanced and bulky teams due to their ability to cover each others weaknesses. Torterra has problems with Ice and Flying types, which Lanturn is easily able to switch into. Lanturn is easily forced out by common Ground Types, which Torterra is able to switch into.

New Rules
After looking at a lot of other Teambuilding Competitions, and noticing the way voting has been working, everyone must PM me your teams + a Description instead of posting it in this thread. I will continue to update this post with the number of teams I have received, and then make a batch post with all the teams at the end of the week. Please continue to add sprites to your PM however, as it does make my job a lot easier.

Announcement
After talking to Raseri about a possible reward for winning teams, he agreed to make a video for his youtube channel (found here) where he will rate and ladder with the winning team, as well as comment on the other teams. This will hopefully be a big enough incentive for people to submit teams, and this thread will get some activity.

Deadline is Sunday the 21st at Midnight GMT -7

Last edited:

shiloh

Tiering Lead
Deadline in 24 Hours or so, hopefully more people submit teams.
If only one person ends up submitting a team, you get to be on Youtube without any competition!

Team Count: 6

Last edited:

shiloh

Tiering Lead
Submission period is now over, and here are the teams!
Team 1

So the core of lanurn and torterra has been used a lot lately bcuz of the coverage they provide for each other, ice, fire, flying and ground and grass. I realized that fletchinder worked greatly with core bcuz torterra and lanturn cover its weaknesses I just needed a spinner/defogger. SO I chose claydol bcuz it had nice defensive stats so I didn't need to invest in them since I already had a defensive core, it has levitate for ground immunity, and its water and grass weakness is covered neutraly or resisted by lanturn and torterra. next I wanted more brute force, I chose scarf sawk bcuz of its ability to break through teams with fast CC and its coverage moves like stone edge and poison jab. and last of all I wanted a poke that could workd well with sawk and claydol, vivillon can cover their weaknesses and they can help cover its weaknesses and can set up and or put pokes to sleep.
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 24 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpA / 220 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Overheat

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance

Team 2

I built bulky offense with pivots to fully capitalize on Torterra's bulk and Lanturns incredible ability as a slow pivot. It's a pretty meta team, but it synergises well both defensively and offensively.

The core of the team is of course Torterra and Lanturn, with physically defesive, rocky helmet Xatu as part of the defensive side of the team. Torterra exists for rocks and hard hits, often punching holes in the opposing side quite nicely to allow for an easier time for Sneasel and Gurdurr. Lanturn runs an assault vest to ensure ability to eat hits on the switch, and more easily check things like Pyroar, boomburst Swellow and others which otherwise give the team a really hard time. Xatu works primarily as a para spreader, secondary pivot and hazard blocker (especially against spikes / t-spikes by Garbodor and Weezing). Rocky helmet is used to allow Xatu to roost up on any phyiscal attacker that can't setup on him or deal high enough damage. It's also useful for locking things like Scyther out on the predicted U-turn when rocks are up. Sneasel is just damn good, and when paired with Gurdurr it works to remove Psychics / Ghosts which can be difficult for the team to manage. Gurdurr is a no-brainer with Sneasel on board, it can comfortably clean up when psychics have been removed thanks to Pursuit or Knock. Finally, Mega-Audino is a perfect sneasel check, and acts as a win condition after steels have been whittled down by switching into Sneasel or Xatu, and Poisions (Weezing and Garbodor in particular) have been worn down by Sneasel and Gurdurr.

Overall, the team struggles with CM psychics if Sneasel happens to go down early, and struggles with CroDino, with WoodHammer being the only move on the team capable of dealing ~33% to fully defensive Mega-Audino. Earthquake on Magmortar and EVire can be problematic, but can generally be played around easily if they pack a Choice item. Lilligant can also do a serious number to the team, and therefore must be played around very carefully. Lilligant is much easier to deal with when rocks are up, and when it doesn't have HP Rock because Xatu can u-turn into Sneasel without much danger.
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Volt Switch

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Team 3

So offensive rock polish terra and pivot lanturn work really well together as lanturn provide free switch ins to terra with volt switch and they synergies well together. I didn't want to go super standard and just run terra, turn, mawile, xatu so I added prinplup which provides rocks, defog and another nice bulky pivot which works well with lanturn. Scarf scyther was next to help with the grass weakness and because ludicolo is a big issue, it also provides tailwind support and forms some nice volturn with lant. Next i wanted a powerful special wallbreaker that could also benefit from tailwind so life orb magmortar was the obvious choice, also helps take sleep powders and grass moves. Banded sneasel was the final mon because of the speed and it fit well and could trap annoying mons like cryogonal while also taking advantage of the volturn.
Torterra @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Polish

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 208 Def / 156 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Tailwind

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash

Team 4

This is a bulky offense Volt Turn team with a lot of paralysis support. I got bulky U-turn Archeops because it seemed to be the best way to take advantage of Torterra. Archeops is good at alot of normal and fire things, but not good at checking Tauros, etc. So Musharna in general is my check to generally physical stuff, paralyzing them and setting up if necessary, and also provides win condition that can set up well vs. paralyzed Pokemon. Volbeat is my secondary Fighting check, and is there to counter Malamar, which usually troubles these types of slowteams. Volt Turning into Volbeat is cool because it denies setup while preserving momentum. I round off the team with Pawniard which checks Sneasel, trouble for both our Lanturn and Torterra. It also checks Psychic-types and gives me good priority.
Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 192 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Archeops
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 32 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Volbeat (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Team 5

Lanturn + Torterra was a core very used in balanced teams in Magneton meta, but with the departure of even a fallen consequently had to usagem. With Sneasel one of the main treaths in the game Torterra tended to be pushed aside and replaced by other SR setters that can "hold" Sneasel. Since Lanturn on the other hand managed to stay well used by great type of account which allows you to check various things at once, access momentum with Volt Switch and support moves. In any case these two Pokémon continue to make up a good pair together as they both cover their weaknesses very well, so even feasible to use two.

Well, now the team's base mounted i need to begin to cover the "holes" of the team. A check for Sneasel is essential in any current team then decided to use the glorious Mawile, the metal fairy can resist both stabs of Sneasel and still takes neutral damage from Low Kick also has support moves as Stealth Rock and toxic which makes it very useful and versatile. As Torterra already supplied SR me I had a vacant slot, then I decided to use Sword Dance, SD Batton Pass Mawile allows me to surprise opponents and spending boost for a teammate to facilitate sweep or else simply attack with Play Rough. Batton Pass gives me momentum and close the voltpass with Lanturn already Toxic allows me to go weakening gradually Pokémon opponents as Musharna CM.

As SD BP Mawile the team I need a physical attacker to get these boosts, Sneasel was the member chosen to fill the fourth slot, there's not much to say here Sneasel fits easily into any style of play giving the team a great revenge killer. At that moment I realized that things like Ferroseed give me trouble, I also was looking for a strong special attacker who work as wallbreaker and that had a considerable bulky. Magmortar fit these specifications, it basically has no safe switch for its its powerful stab and great coverage, Expert Belt enables pound and not lose HP. Well, a detail, this team decided to use Mach Punch in the last slot for Magmortar was always pressed enough for Sneasel and was often caught in the Pursuit, with Mach Punch I can simply lure the same. As the last member I needed someone who could at the same time clear the field for Sneasel and Magmortar, checks Fightin, Malamar and give me immunity to ground, then Togetic was chosen Pokémon. On top of that still have access to Thunder Wave which gives speed control which greatly help my slow Pokémon as Torterra and Magmortar. Forming a Thunder Wave spam beside Lanturn.
Dark Inu (Sneasel) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Shad (Magmortar) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Mach Punch

Light Wings (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Defog

Mili (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Aquaman (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Scald

Wood Shield (Torterra) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Stealth rock

Team 6

Nothing too crazy, just some user friendly Bulky offense with AV Magmortar and SD Gallade. Defog Archeops is there to stop hazards from stacking up while also packing a punch, Granbull helps me to avoid being stomped out by Sneasel and strong physical attackers in general. Torterra is nice for stopping electric attacks and hitting water types for pretty good damage while also being a reliable rocks setter. Lanturn is the second part of the core and the teams main water resist, the spread on it lets scald always break Kilnkling's sub since it is a hassle for the team to deal with otherwise.
Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 144 Def / 40 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Archeops
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake

Team 7

Monferno, Torterra, and Lanturn form a really cool FWG core that resist a lot of the tier and check/counter each other's weaknesses. Defog Archeops is there to hit like a truck, while also providing some utility in Defog. Scarf Mesprit gives me a good revenge killer and another ground immunity for Lanturn and Monferno. Band Sneasel because it's Band Sneasel. It just wrecks everything.
Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Archeops
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Healing Wish

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Lot's of really great teams this week, and hopefully this activity stays up in the future! Voting period will last till Wednesday the 24th, and after that Raseri will get started on his video! For people that built teams and you see an error with how I posted it, just PM me as soon as you can!

For Voting
Please bold your vote, and only vote for one team. It would also be great if you included a sentence for why you are voting for a specific team, or just point out anything else about the teams that could help the builders!

[22:11] #raseri: i made team 9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)