RU Meta and Test team

Is this a good team

• Terribly unbalanced

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
This is an Ru team built from the whole RU room. We have been testing out what the meta will be like so make sure to go to RU room to play some with pokemon we don't even officially have yet :].

Now enough for the advertisements, let's get into the team shall we.

Preveiw

Mega Wall Sweeper LGS Revenge Killer Heal Support Revenge Killer

How the Team was built

First thing I did was Go start from what I wanted in this team. Since Doublade is wanted Slurpuff to be the main sweeper.

Then I needed a mega for the team so I went with Steelix since it gets the hazards to stop Mega-Glalie, Fletchinder, Noivern and over things. Steelix is Already S rank even though the new mons are here they have easy counters.

Next I needed something to counter all the new mons since we now they are going to get spammed since we need to test them out. Noivern seemed like the best option because it outspeeds all of them, It is new and has the coverage for them. + Specs Noivern even deals damage to somethings that try to counter it such as hitmon's, glalie on switch ins, and even AV druddigon.

I knew steelix needed some type of support because he can't wall everything so the obvious choice was a water type to resist fire. And who else can heal Steelix up to whole without killing itself? Stupid Fish. Alomomola can take hits from houndoom, wish up ANY member of the team, toxic stall pretty much anything that isn't grass, electric or steel and carries knock off to get rid of any threatening item. Delphox is going to raise because it is better Houndoom with DGleam to get rid of all the new dragons so this checks it.

This team is looking pretty solid but it needed more coverage. The three most obvious options were Heliolisk, Delphox, or Clawitzer. We decided not to add Claw since we already wanted kingdra and already have stupid fish. And we took out Delphox since that would make the team a bit doom and Claw weak. So we went with Heliolisk. It has the coverage needed taking out Claw if not AV, can surf on Steelix and has areliable Hyper Voice when all else fails. It has has the surprise focus blast which can hit Glalie, Doom, and Cobalion.

Finally we all decided we needed another sweeper and what better choice is this broken thing called crit kingdra. When testing some matches we found that Crit Kingdra dominates pretty much anything. And with cress gone hardly anything can murder it. This will also let us take advantage of our dragon resistance and immunity. 2 stabs is all it needs.

Individual Sets
Still S rank (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Mega Steelix has some of the best stats in the game (imo) since only 16 Evs bring it 500 Defense. And the rest is poured into special defense allowing to become an absolute monster. Mega Steelix checks the one of the biggest offensive threats in the tier (during testing) mega glalie by making it's power useless. Also has roar and SR to weaknes such threats as Noivern, Houndoom, Fletchinder, and Mega Glalie. Plus it can roar out things that like to set up such as Reuniclus and Scrafty.

252 Atk Mega Glalie Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 16 Def Mega Steelix: 98-116 (27.9 - 33%) --
guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Refrigerate Mega Glalie Return vs. 240 HP / 16 Def Mega Steelix: 97-115 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

4 SpA Mega Glalie Freeze-Dry vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Steelix: 67-79 (19 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO

252 Atk Mega Glalie Ice Shard vs. 240 HP / 16 Def Mega Steelix: 30-36 (8.5 - 10.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever

No Swords GREAT (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

Hardly anthing stops this deadly cupcake now that Doublade is in UU. It has great offensive pressure when it is set up. The only check to it is Mega-Steaalix and Registeel due to it's amazing coverage in Plau Rough, Drain Punch, and Return. Play rough and Drain punch is absolutely needed and return is there to stop posion types who think they can counter Slurpuff. Aromatherapy is another if you get burnt but this is easier to set up and now that whimsicott is gone the only prankster pokemon is Liepard and Meowstic. Those guys aren't going to pop up to often. Not to mention all the new pokemon this thing reks. Scrafty, Noivern, Kingdra and Flygon.

Broken Abuse (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Kingdra will probably get isnta-banned but for the time being we are going to abuse it. unlike DD or Rain Sweeper Crit-dra how the most in the meta so far. With agility this thing is an absolute monster. Unlike Slurpuff though the coverage isn't the best and it takes 2 turns to set up unless your opponents team is slow. So that is why it is a LGS sweeper instead of a straight out sweeper. Surf is more reliable and gets some kills that scald wouldn't. Also has a better damage base.

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Dragon Pulse vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Druddigon on a critical hit: 405-477 (114.4 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel on a critical hit: 159-189 (43.6 - 51.9%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Meh (Noivern) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Noivern was optimal for the since I came in on dragons and fighting type pokemon, both of which are very plentiful right now and choice specs has some power. Flamethrowe was a must since steel and mega-glalie exist. Unfortunately Timid is needed because it speed ties with things like Virizion and Cobalion which is too risky for Noiverns frailness. We also decided on focus blast since it secures kills on some things that flamethrower might not kill.

252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Steelix: 238-282 (67.2 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Glalie Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 304-360 (97.7 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
WATCH OUT
Stupid Fish (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish
- Knock Off
Stupid Fish Wiggle

This thing is mainly used to cripple things with toxic and Stall them out. Also this set allows it survive from life orb/scarf delphox grass knot making it a 3HKO and you max out the SpD to take hits better. Stupid Fish can also pretty bring back any member if you screw up or just get weakened such as mega steelix. With that absurd HP you are going to pretty much restore anything to full. And knock off is to stop sub and get rid of items.

Rise in power (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice

Finally we have Heliolisk providing a safe switch in from water types was some pretty affective such as killing Rhyperior and weakneing threats for something else. is not the most powerful of mons but fits best on the team the best. it has to really good stabs and and can be a good predicter if use properly. Unfortunately it does not have the power to 2HKO Mega-Steelix 100% of the time with surf. But it can 2HKO with Focus Blast. Do not rely on this to kill Mega-Steelix, it is merely on the team for offensive pressure.

Weaknesses and Type Effectiveness.
Pls Do Not Ban me for the use of this website but It is really effective and finding how to make a balanced team.

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?208m|685|230|715|594|695

The End
Well I hope u guys like the team. I cannot take full credit to myself but they did decide I was going to be the representative to start using mons we don't have. I want to keep this a custom of RU. Also if you want to test mons that will be available in a new RU meta make sure to come join the room. Enjoy.
http://pastebin.com/DQCMybwX

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)