NFE Team, BE SCARED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, so this is basically a NFE team made for the OU metagame. NOTE: win/loss ratio is about 50/50, and yes i have beaten a mod so it wasnt just against nubs. I am new to smogon forums so sorry if i make any mistakes or the images dont come out properly =).:toast:

TEAM AT A GLANCE

Monferno @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252attk/4def/252spe
Nature: Adamant
  • Close Combat
  • Mach Punch
  • Flare Blitz
  • Swords Dance
Pretty awesome, beats aerodactyl, heatran and metagross. First uses swords dance unless I predict a taunt or an attack. Close combat is the STAB move of choice. Generally i closecombat/SD depending on the opponent lead, and mach punch those that have sashes. Focus sash simply to make sure he can take a hit, and also blaze activates. Fire punch > flare blitz on this set so i can keep my sash. Has actually managed 6-0s, as no one sees how similar he is to Infernape. Was gonna go special attacker, but decided not to because no strong STAB fighting sp attack (other than focus blast), and he can't learn vacuum wave.

Prinplup @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 12hp/252spa/12spdef/232spd
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Modest
  • Substitute
  • Ice Beam/ HP [Electric]
  • Hydro Pump/ Surf/ HP [Electric]
  • Agility
Standard Sub + Petaya, works wonders with Hydro pump, torrent + petaya berry boost is very powerful, has been a very nice late game sweeper. I want to invest slightly more evs into HP because he always seems to survive hits with 5% hp and then something like sandstorm or status kills him. With the boost he OHKOs Machamp, Skarmory, and many others. Currently runs hyrdo pump and ice beam, but open to suggestions.

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4hp/252spa/252spd
Nature: Modest
  • Trick
  • Shadow Ball
  • HP [Ice]
  • Thunderbolt
Was going to make him timid, but didn’t see the need as after a DD Salamence is faster after +1 speed, and I already have a counter for him. Very nice, 2HKOs metagross, and OHKOs starmie and the likes of them. Also nice to come into a EQ. Trick is awesome, because if they are stalling with someone, then I can just come in and trick. Also allows me to OHKO gyarados even outspeeds after +1 speed, and OHKOs Salamence, gliscor provided they dont have +1 speed, because then they outspeed.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Modest/Timid
Evs: 4hp/252spa/252spd [Modest]
72hp/252spa/184spd [Timid]
  • Thunderbolt
  • HP [Fire]
  • Flash Cannon
  • Toxic (really just a filler, open to suggestions)
Scizor counter, very nice. When my Monferno is on 1 HP, scizors are drawn out, I let monferno die and bring this guy in. Will OHKO even 'Legacy Riders Scizor' with HP[Fire]. The only thing scizor can do is bullet punch, which is x4 resisted by magneton. Toxic if I have seen a blissey or something. Also comes into Skarmory, and other steels. Currently runs modest, but considering timid so it outspeeds positive base 115 speed pokemon such as starmie. It also will outspeed a Jolly +1 speed Tyranitar when timid, but also reduces power by a lot, so need opinions.

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus (doesnt really matter)
EVs: 4hp/252attk/252speed
Nature: Adamant
  • Brick Break
  • Ice Shard
  • Pursuit
  • X Scissor/Ice Punch
OHKOs Salamence, Gliscor, Dragonite, etc with ice shard. Does a lot more than anyone expects, does about 40% to electivire with ice shard, and outspeeds it so I am considering ice punch. Ice shard 2HKOs all but the most defensive Latias. Works as a revenge and dragon killer. Need help with the moveset, seems like a pretty shallow movepool.

Chansey @ Leftovers
Ability: Serence Grace
EVs: 88HP/252def/168spdef
Nature: Bold
  • Softboiled
  • Thunderwave
  • Aromatherapy
  • Seismic Toss
The special attacker sponge, seismic toss over flamethrower, tbolt, etc because of low spa stat. Considering wish/protect over aromatherapy and softboiled but not sure. Max defense for obvious reasons, and probably needs to have spdef evs to take out focus blasts. Would have prefered wish, but illegal with aromatherapy =(.

Two main problems have occurred. Once haunter is gone, I have nothing to resist a close combat or earthquake. So I am looking to replace chansey with a togetic.

OTHER POSSIBILITIES

Togetic @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252hp/80def/48spa/128spdef
Nature: Bold
  • Roost
  • Thunderwave/Toxic
  • Flamethrower
  • HP [Ice]/ HP[Ground]
An extra scizor counter that can tank hits. A max attack +2 attack scizor bullet punch does only about 2/3 damage, and I can OHKO back with flamethrower. HP ice is for dragons, but considering I have other HP ice and an Ice shard, I am considering HP ground for heatran and other fire pokemon. Or if i really wanted i could just go with porygon 2, but that is only if i am desperate!

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure?
EVs: 4hp/252def/252spdef
Nature: Impish/Bold

• Will o Wisp
  • Night Shade
  • Pain Split/Rest
  • Curse/Confuse Ray
Not too sure, need ideas for moveset. Attack stat is quite low so needs EVS if it wants any attacks. Nice because it resists fighting moves and is very close to dusknoir. Curse is nice, but... HELP, but very nice set, gives 394def/359spdef. NICE! But yeah..

So rate away, i am very open with this team, please do not abuse!

*Caelum said it was ok for me to post a NFE team, as long as it is competitive*

THREAT LIST (not in aplhabetical order, cuz i was thinking as i was writing)
Azelf: Rapes me, chansey cant exactly take boosted psychics, however magneton tbolt and sneasel ice shard would bring it down.
Tentacruel: Really can't do too much to it, takes haunters tbolts like a beast, however magneton almost OHKOs.
Scizor: Pwnd by Magneton
Salamence/x4 Ice in General: With no speed boosts Haunter and sneasel do it, otherwise just sneasel. Magneton also 2HKOs salamence.
Tyranitar: Causes a few hiccups, and takes a few guys down, but beatable.
Blissey: OMFG, so hard to kill without monferno, sneasel barely manages a 2HKO, but if they have twave, they win =(.
Gyarados: Can cause problems with a speed boost, otherwise magneton and haunter take down.
Latias: Chansey and sneasel..
Metagross: Sweet jesus this thing is tank, haunter can 2HKO, but he can OHKO back with any move, and 2HKO with bullet punch. Then sneasel can come in and finish the job.
Heracross: Without haunter its a GG, however if prinplup* manages to survive a CC, then i am pretty safe.
Lucario: Simple really, haunter comes in and thunderbolts, to deal some damage, he crunches, i die, switch out to magneton to kill. Or the other way around depending on who i seem to need more. And a -1DEF lucario takes 88-103 damage from sneasels ice shard, so pretty safe here aswell.
Zapdos: Cant do much to chansey, and ice shard or ice beam from sneasel and prinplup respectively is nice.
Cresselia: Hard to kill, sneasel can do some damage and chansey just walls it.
Heatran: Lead ones get pwnd, other than that chansey yet again saves me, and haunter/magneton can do some nice revenge kills

Will add more later if needed

REPLACE STUFF THAT IS COMPLETELY OUTCLASSED. This is pretty easy. Obviously if someone is using Choice Specs Espeon, you could just say that "Specs Alakazam does this better for reasons X,Y,Z" and be done with it. But it does not end there.
As a rater, I'm forced to do the above mentioned. Do I really need to go through this for you?

NOTE: Mods aren't chosen for their battling abilities. Don't think this team has merit just because you beat one.

I think

Infernape > Monferno
Empoleon > Prinplup
Gengar > Haunter
Magnezone / Magnetton = depends how you look at it.
Weavile > Sneasel
Blissey > Chansey
Togekiss > Togetic

More of a creative that competitive team?

As a rater, I'm forced to do the above mentioned, but do I really need to go through this for you?

NOTE: Mods aren't chosen for their battling abilities. Don't think this team has merit just because you beat one.
yea i get what u mean, but with a 50/50 win loss ratio, i think thats pretty neat, and its nice showing players that u dont need the best of the best to win, and most is up to skill (not trying to be cocky). but please only post if you have suggestions, problems, etc

@Erodent, after such success with the NFEs, i tried evolving them (this is on shoddy), and the evolved team does worse lol. maybe just luck.

BUT STOP THESE COMMENTS, I UNDERSTAND YOU, but only post suggestions and help, and magneton> magenzone for speed reasons.

true, but these guys do better cuz most think they suck and get pwnd cuz they think they are weak! and using NFEs is more fun =):toast:

nice showing players that u dont need the best of the best to win, and most is up to skill
Don't kid yourself. Really, don't.

BUT STOP THESE COMMENTS, I UNDERSTAND YOU
If you understood, you'd follow the advise. Using the posted rule as an example, we really don't give a fuck if Espeon is your favorite pokemon. Alakazam is better and if you want to handicap yourself, we shouldn't be giving you any advice because A) you've shown that you'll ignore it and B) you're forcing us to give bad advice for your moral purposes (in turn making us look bad).

magneton> magenzone for speed reasons.
You have a scarf, and you're modest; you're actually slower than Magnezone. Invalid excuse.

Side not: Don't go around suggesting Magneton to people. Seriously, Magneton is stronger by a whopping 13 points, but has considerably less bulk. I ran Magneton once upon a time, but Magnezone is superior (like it or not). It's also not very intelligent to say other people's threads will be locked when you have a joke team.

true, but these guys do better cuz most think they suck and get pwnd cuz they think they are weak! and using NFEs is more fun =):toast:
I'd prefer using Obi's stall team with Blissey, Tentacruel, and Hippowdon and winning 75%+ of the time than using Chansey, Tentacool (lol) and Hippopotas and winning 50% of the time, as you say. That's my idea. :p

FUCKING HELL, unless u are gonna help my NFE team, THEN FUCK OFF, i have said unless u are going to help me then dont post, i dont give a fuck if u want me to use infernape over monferno, THIS IS GONNA BE A FUCKING NFE TEAM LIKE IT OR NOT.. IF YOU DONT THINK ITS WORTH RATING, THEN DONT

I really just want to write 'lol' but that's against the rules so

I was convinced you were serious, until I saw Sneasel. Sneasel is a piece of shit, even more so than its already shit evolution. If you want to use a team full of shit Pokemon with a shit win record, then make them as nonshitty as possible.

Agiligross eats you for breakfast. Blissey walls your entire fucking team including Sneasel. Add YacheNite, Scizor (who will always Superpower right off), Gyarados, Lucario, Infernape, oh hell, almost every OU Mon to that list.

Don't make caelum look stupid, this team is as competitive as Delibird. There is no way the evolved team did worse, you're just a fucktard and are either lying, or a shit predictor.

EDIT: want a suggestion? use Stunky, I hear he learns Poison Gas

um yeah? sneasel choice band has 475 attk, and with ice shard OHKOs mences and gliscor ETC, and 2HKOs latias, thats y he is here. unless u have a better suggestion?

God, my thoughts exactly Thorns (about lol).

Your post was exactly my point with the rule. We give advice; you don't follow it. This is not our problem, so we are not going to go out of our way to fix it. But because you are that clueless, I'll risk minimodding.

Sticky: RMT rules. (If you do not follow, you will be infracted and your thread locked.)

15. As a site dedicated to competitive battling, we request that your team is as competitive as possible within its given metagame. In-game teams, gimmick teams and teams that demonstrate a lack of understanding of the metagame will be closed. Battle Tower teams are permitted. "Theme Teams" are also OK as long as they demonstrate an understanding of the competitive metagame they are to be used in. This is completely up to the discretion of the mods.
Enjoy.

pfft fine. thnx for flaming my first RMT on shoddy.

wow veedrock, could u get any faggier.

Theme is NFE so fuck off

*how about i make this for UU/NFE THEN*

The moment you send out Monferno, Salamence will come in, use Fire Blast (because this is what all smart players do), and you've lost the only piece of shit resembling a check, then Mence sweeps the rest of your team.

also I couldn't help but notice you referred to Prinplup as Empoleon in your threat list...

haunter

Banned deucer.
The only two pokemons in this team who have a chance in OU are magneton (preferred to magnezone sometimes for the higher base speed) and sneasel (used as a counter-sash lead because of inner focus stopping fake out).

Seriously, this team would be usable, at best, in UU and even there you'll have hard times.

I absolutely don't want to flame you, but please consider reading the rules Veedrock posted.

Oh, and props for using haunter. :toast:

Heh, calm down, seriously. Flaming won't help anyone.

Maybe it's enjoyable, but rules are rules, so sorry for saying this, but I don't see any reason for taking this thread seriously. If you really want to use NFE's you should rebuilt that team a bit and use it in UU or just to try Little Cup, when you use NFE pokemon, but with change of Dusclops on Duskull and throwing out Sneasel, as it's banned there. It's just my advice. If you take it or not, it's your decision ;).

Nice team, but I suggest using it in UU unless your happy sacrificing at least one poke to kill threats like Tyranitar and Heracross. May I suggest a Gligar over Prinplup beacause your team looks like it is reliant on revenge kills and the surprise factor. Gligar can wall stuff like Heracross and help against physical Tyranitars without Aqua Tail. It can also pass Swords Dances to your Sneasle.

thnx garganator and haunterfan (and crynts) for some NICE responses, while this team has been decent in OU, i will for the sake of this thread say it is for UU.

I guess sneasel could be lead, and i could scarf the monferno for some nice flare blitz and CC, but any specific ideas?

any evset and moveset in mind, or just the gliscor baton pass set (for gligar)

This is a decent team, it wins about 50/50. Thats all good, but this is a competetive team, we are not here to have fun but to win, if you want to have fun, go to the main server, or find people that like to play that way. In all honesty your hurting yourself, if you think its fun playing this way knock yourself out. Just keep it off the forum. Or post it as hey guys looks at this, its a team of NFE's and I'm in the top 3!, that or please stop.

Now for the rate
The team is decent if made to be their full evolutions it could be better, just consider it please. Other then that try it in UU, looks decent and solid, but you will need something to cover that metagross weakness if you keep in OU (because you'll never get anyware), may i suggest upgrading to their final forms?

Oh and if it takes more then two pokemon to counter a treat, its not a counter, its a revenge kill.

electabuzz > magneton
dusclops > prinplup

imo, anyway
it would be an awesome team if fully-evolved pokes weren't allowed, lol

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
As you've probably guessed by the replies you've received so far, this thread isn't going anywhere nice.

RMT Rules said:
15. As a site dedicated to competitive battling, we request that your team is as competitive as possible within its given metagame. In-game teams, gimmick teams and teams that demonstrate a lack of understanding of the metagame will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)