Nidoqueen

Guys, you should stop using Black Sludge unless you REALLY know what you are doing.
I mean, what stops it from being tricked back to you, crippling not 1, but two mons?

Ontopic, as Lee said, Nidoqueen has the wonderfull ability of countering specific and dangerous threats. When placed in a well built stall team (like one i saw once, but i dont remember who was using it) it can be pretty effective, even though her weaknesses became more proeminent this gen. I just wish she could use Slack Off (4 moveslot syndrome would become more evident, but it would also give her the much needed ability to switch back and forth)

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
You'd be surprised how easy it is to predict a Trick when a Pokemon gets a useless item like Black Sludge. They want that thing off them ASAP. I can't tell you how many times Pokemon Trick my Marowak's Thick Club away only to have it given back by predicting the next Trick and switching Maro back in.

Black Sludge just deters Pokemon from Tricking more than anything else. Just be smart with your switches if they do Trick.

Nidoqueen's getting OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by just about everything with Trick anyway so it hardly matters to her.

I really like Nidoqueen for its coverage. Granted, It's not ripping holes in anyone's team any time soon, but at the very least it can potentially threaten pokemon that might try and come in on it while it's laying Toxic Spikes. It's a great defensive pokemon that actually has some offensive utility. A friend of mine has a balanced team with Nidoqueen on it, and that thing can be a pain to take down.

Personally, I'd always use Leftovers over Black Sludge because of Trick.

I really like Nidoqueen for its coverage. Granted, It's not ripping holes in anyone's team any time soon, but at the very least it can potentially threaten pokemon that might try and come in on it while it's laying Toxic Spikes. It's a great defensive pokemon that actually has some offensive utility. A friend of mine has a balanced team with Nidoqueen on it, and that thing can be a pain to take down.

Personally, I'd always use Leftovers over Black Sludge because of Trick.
The Trick argument is so lame. Like someone said above, a Jirachi with Black Sludge is gonna be super predictable. If you think "I'm gonna get 2 mons screwed by Trick" you are a noob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)