(No Pokebank) Gen 6 Drizzle

Hello everyone, this is the team I'm currently using on pokemonshowdown. It's been pretty decent, I've managed to climb to 1600 with it, but something feels off. This is also my first RMT, so sorry if It's lacking.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

The reason this team exists. In diamond/pearl I had an Electrode rain lead, but this is really so much better. Hypnosis is for Ferrothorn mostly and baton passers. I chose Surf over Hydro Pump because of my horrible luck (missing three times in a row today). I went with the HP to survive more hits because there's no way I'm going first anyway and you'd be surprised what people think is enough to Kill Politoed. I've been hit by Brave Bird on Talonflame 5 times today. Nope, not going to work.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

The mega of the team, I must say it really shines. It's very easy to find a Pokemon to get a swords dance off on and also easy to predict switch ins. Sucker punch is amazing and really demolished a lot of so called counters (1 hit ko's mega Charizard Y if I get swords dance off) It's also my favorite mega, and is probably the second Pokemon I'm most reluctant to change. I do however feel like my team lacks good typing against ground types, and other pokemon with priority moves are a pain.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

It's not been performing like I thought he would. I rarely ever get a super effective off on anything, without choice band the damage isn't there and with it I'm usually locked into a useless move. He's the one I want to replace the most at this point but I feel like I'd need to make other changes if I do. He's really only good for revenge killing at this point but it feels like every pokemon that's being heavily used is resisting everything. Sucker punch from Mawile usually works better than Pursuit, as Scizor lost a lot of his resistances this gen on top of everything.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Standard rain dance pokemon now that Swift Swim is allowed with Drizzle (for now). I am thinking of putting in a physical pokemon like Kabutops/Armaldo to take it's place. He is lackluster and I have found Ludicolo to be a much better swift swimmer this gen. I do want two swift swimmers though, that's what I've found to be the sweet spot. I also don't like the accuracy on Outrage, because again I'm unlucky. Substitute is for Pokemon I know will hit me with a toxic or thunder wave and allow me the opportunity to set up.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Probably the best sweeper due to it's typing. Kingdra is really not as good this gen as I've mentioned. I've been able to one hit ko klefki's with surf and obnoxious water types get demolished with giga drain including vaporeon. He's also bulky enough to set up rain dance on his own. Talonflame is probably his biggest counter, priority flying moves 1 hit ko's him always. Ferrothorn is also a problem along with tentacruel. Jolteon is also a pain if rain is not up.

Salamence @ Damp Rock
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

This is the slot I wasn't sure about for the longest time, but Salamence has been performing decently and he really ruins Ferrothorn and Tentacruel, two pokemon I absolutely hate seeing. His typing is painful this generation, but I have had games where he's completely swept with Moxie. If I replace Kingdra with a physical pokemon I will most likely find a different special attacker for this slot (Dragonite is my first pick) Thinking about just going Adamant and getting fire fang instead.

Thanks for reading and any kind criticism is welcome, if you think it sucks say so but also say why and how I can make it better.

Last edited:
you have WAY too many ways to set up rain dance. With the nerf on weather this gen, I see what you are trying to do, but it just seems unnecessary. While rain doesn't last as long, if a team as offensive as yours is taking 3 rain dancers, you're doing something wrong. My suggestion is to replace ludicolo's item with either lefties or a damp rock. Lefties allows your best sweeper to survive much longer than any other, and damp rock defeats all need for salamence. I suggest giving salamence a LO or something along those lines and giving him d-dance instead of rain. You should never be lacking on rain even with this. Also, why would you have a rain team without a single thunder mon? I suggest replacing kingdra with a strong electric type (jolteon maybe), as you have ludicolo and salamence. Its a good concept, but salamence is better used as a physical sweeper (which you lack) than support.

Otherwise, theres a few other errors. Im assuming the EVs on mawile are a typo? Otherwise, what the hell are you doing?

Scizor really isn't being used offensively here. I suggest a more supportive move pool, with physically defensive EVs.

All in all, it is a really good team with a really good concept, but everything is doing the wrong jobs.

Last edited:
Yes that is a mistake that I'll be correcting, never meant for Mawile to have SPA evs.

And I strongly disagree with your reasoning on rain dancers. There is A LOT of priority this generation and Politoed has no resistances to switch in safely plus he's very slow. If I only have one drizzler and one rain dancer all it takes is a Pokemon with an effective priority move or a faster Pokemon of the right type to make it so i can never set up rain again.

So for that reasoning I would like to keep it to three unless there's some Pokemon that has really really good synergy I'm not seeing that will be able to rain dance.

However I do agree with your reasoning for Salamence, I would be more open to taking off rain dance and putting it on a replacement for Scizor.

Last edited:
I kind of see what you mean. If you really need another rain dancer, my suggestion is to replace kingdra instead of scizor, as szizor covers some of your weaknesses. Again, kindra is extremely redundant in this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)