Noobmons(Playable on Aqua Server!)

Why would Poison no longer resist Fighting?
Because Poison isn't super effective against fighting.

Basically, completely erase all your previous knowledge of what types resist what types, and only understand resistances by the following rules:
1) Type A resists Type A (it resists itself)
2) Otherwise, Type A resists Type B if and only if Type A is SE against Type B - unless Type A is immune to Type B, as immunities are untouched.

... let me put that another way. What about the original post's words suggests any such conclusion? I have gone over it repeatedly and it doesn't seem to reference any such idea. It's a very confusing post to read.

... let me put that another way. What about the original post's words suggests any such conclusion? I have gone over it repeatedly and it doesn't seem to reference any such idea. It's a very confusing post to read.
It was kinda confusing, but it's implicit in the type chart, and in the "resistances are completely rewritten" (as opposed to modified) part.

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Come on, let's get some set suggestions going xD
Hawlucha now takes neutral damage from ice and flying and resists steel. Eelektross has no weaknesses and now also resists water. Archeops now quad-resists flying and takes neutral damage from ice and rock. Ludicolo now quad-resists rock and has a cool animation sprite. If you want me to post what items, EVs, and moves I would have on these pokemon, just reply back saying so.

Hawlucha now takes neutral damage from ice and flying and resists steel. Eelektross has no weaknesses and now also resists water. Archeops now quad-resists flying and takes neutral damage from ice and rock. Ludicolo now quad-resists rock and has a cool animation sprite. If you want me to post what items, EVs, and moves I would have on these pokemon, just reply back saying so.
Yeah, find some good sets, like maybe a Rain Dish Damp Rock stall Lucidolo or Swift Swim Life Orb sweeper. Archeops will need some form of recovery, such as chestoresto (or Roost if it gets it), to be an effective sweeper, as it needs to stay above half health. Eelektross might want a mixed attacker set with a life orb, or a somewhat bulky attacker with its new resistances(they did it with Zapdos, so why not Eelektross?). Hawlucha could go for a mold breaker Choice Band set to get around Filter, Solid Rock, and Sturdy. I'd like the Hawlucha band set which I pieced together:

Hawlucha @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker/Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick/Brick Break
- Stone Edge/Brick Break
- U-turn/Me First/Swords Dance/Substitute/Roost
- Poison Jab/Steel Wing/Swords Dance/Substitute/Roost
If you are using Me First, be sure to use a Jolly nature, as you need all the speed you can get. If you're paranoid about Thunder Wave ruining Hawlucha's sweep and can't afford a Heal Bell, Electric, or Ground mon, you can go for Limber. Mold Breaker is preferred as I don't want Carracosta to get a Weakness Policy Shell Smash and be at 1 hp from Sturdy to sweep. That would be terrifying and ruin your day. If you opt for a Life Orb, you can slap on Me First to steal a Shell Smash or two, so you can easily dispose of the setup mon, but make sure to run Adamant to make up for the extra power. If you opt for a Choice Band, go for Jolly to make up for the speed. HJK and Stone Edge are primary attacks, hitting for quite hefty amounts of damage with Hawlucha's boosted power. U-Turn still hits hard and adds coverage and momentum for your team, like for a volturn core. It can be left out for SD, Sub, or Roost for extra power, immunity to status, or recovery respectively. Same for Slot4, as you have Poison Jab or Steel Wing for Fairy coverage. Steel Wing hits Klefki neutrally, or you can go for Brick Break to break its annoying priority screens. Poison Jab just hits harder.

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mamoswine now only takes super effective damage from fighting and water moves. An oblivious lead stealth rocker or just a life orb attacker will be good in this meta.

Yes, it would, wouldn't it? It has Ground/Ice typing and, with buffed resistances, takes on many attacks. I could see it being a wall, too. Maybe you can come up with a set or two?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Noobmons",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'noobmons',
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite']
    },
At this point everyone knows what to do o3o

mods/noobmons/typechart.js
Too long for a hide tag.
^ This link contains the typechart.js code, for reference.

Also featured in the General OM Code thread here.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm pretty sure it isn't hosted. I will also make a new rule that bans legendaries, to keep it nooby, because in noob battles/tournaments they usually make 1 of their rules "No legendaries" because most of them are OP.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it isn't hosted. I will also make a new rule that bans legendaries, to keep it nooby, because in noob battles/tournaments they usually make 1 of their rules "No legendaries" because most of them are OP.
Oh, so Articuno is 2stronkplsban, huh?

Personally I'd rather see how such things play out first. Being able to see if Articuno is viable in this meta would be cool -I've yet to see it viable in a meta at all.

I agree with Ghoul King. If it becomes the new OP bulk of the meta and it's above S+ rank, we'll suspect it.
EDIT: Just realized I made a new rule to keep it nooby that bans legendary mons

I'm banning legendaries overall to balance the meta a bit. In Pokemon games, when a noob battles a noob, they usually expect no legendary pokemon, because they're 'too OP.'

I will comment on the meta itself later. But a friendly advice, redo the OP and make it as simple as possible. If the meta can be explained in a single sentence, do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)