Not your typical rain team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't your typical rain team. It has a little mono-water feel to it!

First off, I will be using the rain to increase my water moves however I will utilize rain for electric moves for just one Pokemon.

What do you think?

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 220 SpA / 200 SpD / 90 Def
Modest Nature (+ SpA, - Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
Here's my rain inducer. Not only does Poltioed bring the rain, but he's actually a pretty solid Pokemon. I love having hydro pump, as the power boosts in the rain. As for ice beam, it adds some much needed coverage against grass. Hypnosis....You might think that's a bit risky, but I've had great luck with it. Having a sleeping Pokemon is definitely annoying. As for psychic, I figured that'd be my best choice with it's solid power and accuracy.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent (Not sure why I don't have Rain Dish)
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 Def
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Aqua Ring
- Surf
- Ice Beam

First things first, I'll set up my aqua ring. Therefore, I'll add HP from leftovers and then aqua ring as I go on. Then I plan on using toxic, which is certainly annoying. Blastoise is a bit of a wall and a bit of a stall. I can do a lot with him with this moveset. There might be some other better choices out there, but Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon and he doesn't really hurt my team.

Celebi @ leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 250 Spe / 250 SpA / 10 SpD
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Leaf Storm
- U-turn
- Recover

This is the ultimate change-up. Why does Celebi belong on a rain team? He doesn't. He destroys them! However, I plan on rolling out Celebi as my lead / scout. Depending on the circumstance, if the situation isn't favorable, I'll just quickly U-turn out and go into my Politoed to bring the rain. However, I can always get a few nasty plots in and then just go on an all out attack...if the situation is right.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Nothing all that special here. Just your typical offensive tank set. Swampert brings the stealth rocks and is one of my better physical attackers. I like earthquake, because it gives me STAB. Waterfall adds a chance of flinching. Ice Punch is great coverage and kills those Dragons. And not to mention, he's immune to my biggest weakness!

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 250 SpD / 200 SpA / 54 Def
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Protect

You do not want to mess with my Ludicolo...it will be a very slow and painful death. Assuming that a bunch of my opponent's Pokemon are either burnt or poisoned, I'll get my leech seed off. Along with gaining HP from leech seed and the rain, due to my Rain Dish ability, I'll grab some more HP with giga drain. Protect gives me some time to heal up if I need to and scald gives me STAB and I believe a 30 percent change to burn.

NOW...THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP!

I want to add a Pokemon that can utilize rain but using the move Thunder.

Now, do I bring in a Gengar? Maybe a Jolteon? Or anything else that you can think of?

I'm open to anything! This team is definitely a work in progress and I'm determined to make it work.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
you are required to have tested your team before posting it, as well as having 6 Pokemon. This board is for completed teams only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)