NU Teambuilding Lab [Open]

Eternally

quack
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I have basically no experience with NU, and because Drampa probably is my favourite Sun/Moon pokemon I would really like to start getting into NU with a team using it!
Hi Newcomer1, Drampa is one of my favourites as well so I was happy to make a team with it, I decided to go with Specs because it's the easiest to use, but keep in mind that you can always change to 3 Attacks Roost with Roseli Berry (Lures Whimsicott, has more survivability, and you get to abuse Berserk) if you feel like it. I made a few versions of it, but this was the one I was most pleased with in the end.

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Klinklang @ Steelium Z
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Magnet Rise

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Specs Drampa doesn't have any defensive switch-ins, with Draco doing insane damage to anything not Fairy, also gives you a soft check to Ghost-types, mainly Mismagius and the fat defensive ones. I went with a Dragon / Fairy / Steel core for the first half of the team since they work well together, Klinklang comes in on fairies and gives you a wincon, also works well with Drampa destroying Steelix and other Steel-types. Whimsicott gives you some speed, a Water / Grass / Electric / Fighting-type resist, hazard control, and it's one of if not the best mon in the tier. I went with Seismitoad next because Sneasel and Emboar were looking annoying, + Rocks and a good Water-type resist is always something you wanna have. EBelt Emboar + Drampa do extremely well versus Stall and balanced teams, and Emboar can help out Klinklang in checking Ice-types (as well as breaking down Type-Null). Scarf Haunter is in the last slot to give you a good revenge killer, secondary Fighting-type check, and importantly something that can beat a +6 Zangoose which would otherwise be annoying, though apart from Seismitoad Zangoose doesn't really get many good opportunities to set up, I went with Trick in the last slot just to mess with Type-Null a little more because why not, but feel free to run Energy Ball / Destiny Bond or whatever you feel like. Hope you enjoy the team, I had fun making it.

King Wynaut

te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est
is a Tiering Contributor

Incineroar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip

- ???

If at all possible, I'd like to have a team built around this. Probably would be some sort of BO + spikestack to help this thing the best.

Vikavolt @ Metronome
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Agility

Hi I'd like to have a team build around Agility metronome Vikavolt. I feel like this set can be nice on (bulky) offense supported by spikes (or atleast rocks..). The moves are relatively self explenatory. What interest me the most is being able to agility up and reach a speed of 406 to outspeed a very large amount of the meta and just spam Tbolt to the point it just sweeps.
I have little experience in (u)sm NU hence I ask you guys to build this heat for me :toast:

Hi, i'd like to see a team built with Sword Dance Scyther:

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

This thing can be a decent late game cleaner with the help of Sword Dance+Eviolite, as well as a great check for Fighting and Grass moves. If the builder feels like Choice Scarf might be better for the team he/she's building i'm ok with that. I'd like the team to be some sort of bulky offense, but i wouldn't mind some kind of balance.