move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Court Change / High Jump Kick
item: Heavy-Duty Boots
tera type: Fire
ability: Libero
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
With its high Attack and Speed stats, coupled with Libero, Heavy-Duty Boots, U-Turn, and a strong STAB in Pyro Ball, Cinderace is a very great offensive pivot. Sucker Punch gives a priority to its team and allows it to revenge kill faster threats such as Dragapult, Deoxys-S, and weakened Roaring Moon and Iron Moth. Court Change offers great entry hazard control, getting rid of hazards against even Ghost-types, and removing Alolan Ninetales Aurora Veil in addition. Alternatively, High Jump Kick is a great coverage option, hitting Fire resists like Roaring Moon, Hisuian Samurott, and non Terastallized Garganacl super effectively. With Tera Fire, Cinderace regains its original typing after a Libero type change, in order to boost Pyro Ball’s damage and regain immunity to Will-O-Wisp. With Pyro Ball, Cinderace will be able to certainly OHKO unboosted Kingambit, which would otherwise beat it with Sucker Punch at +2, Defensive Gholdengo, Offensive Volcarona, and Iron Treads as well as 2HKO Hatterene and Clefable. However, after Terastallizing, Cinderace won't benefit from Libero anymore.

Offensive Pivot Cinderace is a great option in bulky offense teams. Landorus-T and Galarian Slowking synergize well with Cinderace, as Landorus-T can check Great Tusk which is problematic for Cinderace as well as setting Stealth Rock, which Cinderace appreciates, while Galarian Slowking can switch into strong special attackers such as Raging Bolt. Furthermore, Kyurem and Grass-type Pokemon such as Rillaboom, Serperior, Ogerpon-W, and Meowscarada can also help Cinderace as they hit super effectively Water- and Ground-type Pokemon like Great Tusk, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Ogerpon-W, Primarina, and Hisuian Samurott, against which Cinderace can surely pivot with U-Turn to bring these teammates in. Rillaboom and Ogerpon-W are particularly helpful, as the former sets the Grassy Terrain that provides passive recovery to Cinderace and weaken the super effective Earthquake, while the latter completely absorbs Water-type moves thanks to its ability as well as benefiting from Cinderace’s ability to hit Grass-types and from the hazard control it offers. Finally, Zamazenta also threatens Cinderace, so Fairy-types like Iron Valiant, Enamorus, Hatterene, and Clefable can be helpful, while they can benefit from Cinderace's presence as it can bring them in surely and remove entry hazards for them.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/valteyek.661113/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/fayawizard.616497/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/veti.612907/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/username.XXXXXX/
Grammar checked by:

Last edited:
Hi, just to say that I got complications today so I won't be able to finish writing the analysis, but I promise that I'll do it tomorrow. Sorry :(

Ready for QC!
It's my first analysis so I hope that what I did is okay. For the Pokemon Cinderace's weak to, I didn't know if and how to group them, so I tried something (but I'm not sure). I also added some Tera types (in italic) because I didn't find much things to say in the first part.
And sorry that I took so much time :(

FayaWizard

Amnesia
is an official Team Rater
This is an amcheck so take this with a grain of salt
Add Remove Comment
[SET]
name: Offensive Pivot
move 1: Pyro Ball
move 2: U-turn
tera type: Fire / Ghost / Fighting (If you want to add tera types just add em no need for italics)

[SET COMMENTS]
With its high Attack and Speed stats, coupled with Libero, Heavy-Duty Boots, U-Turn, and a strong STAB in Pyro Ball, Cinderace is a very great offensive pivot. Sucker Punch gives a priority to its team and allows it to renvenge kill faster threats such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Iron Boulder. Court Change offers great hazard control, getting rid of entry hazards despite Gholdengo, and exerting pressure on screen setters like Grimmsnarl, Deoxys-S, and Dragapult. Alternatively, High Jump Kick is a great coverage option, hitting Fire resists like Heatran, Roaring Moon, and Hisuian Samurott super effectively. effectively Kyurem, Heatran, and Dark-types like Kingambit, Roaring Moon, Darkrai, Hisuian Samurott, and Ting-Lu. You don't need that many examples + pyro ball already hits kyurem gambit, might also want to mention how you suffer badly into ghold pult and gliscor which can abuse recoil With Tera Fire, Cinderace regains its original typing after a Libero type change, in order to boost Pyro Ball’s damage and regain immunity get immune to Will-O-Wisp. Alternatively, Tera Ghost transforms Cinderace in a great spinblocker, as well as getting immune to Extreme Speed the big benefit is flipping the matchup on tusk, mention this instead, while Tera Fighting gives a STAB boost to High Jump Kick and a resistance to Kingambit’s Sucker Punch. However, Tera Ghost lets it become weak to Dark- and Ghost-type attacks from Pokemon such as Kingambit, Dragapult, Scarf Gholdengo, Roaring Moon, Zamazenta, Hisuian Samurott, Darkrai, Weavile and Meowscarada, whereas with Tera Fighting, Cinderace becomes weak to Fairy-types that can easily revenge kill it like Iron Valiant and Scarf Enamorus. You don't need to mention its weaknesses since these are pretty obvious, though I would say it's worth mentioning that Teraing nullifies Libero.

Offensive Pivot Cinderace is a great option in bulky offense and offensive teams. Pokemon like Kingambit, Weavile, Kyurem, Great Tusk and Iron Valiant can benefit from its ability to bring them in surely. Every mon likes pivots to bring them in safely, not really noteworthy to mention With other pivots like Dragapult, Galarian Slowking, and Landorus-T, Cinderace can form a good VoltTurn core. The latters synergizes particularly well Landorus-T and Galarian Slowking synergize well You don't really need to mention pult if it doesn't do much other than forming a volt turn core with Cinderace, better to mention mons that actually cover for weaknesses Cinderace has with Cinderace, as Landorus-T can check Great Tusk which is problematic for Cinderace, while Galarian Slowking can switch into strong special attackers such as Gholdengo, Cinderace can beat Gholdengo anyways Raging Bolt, Enamorus, and Volcarona. Cinderace gets threaten and/or walled by Water-, Ground- and Dragon-types who mostly resist to Pyro Ball like Great Tusk, Raging Bolt, Dragapult, Roaring Moon, Kyurem, Gouging Fire, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Ogerpon-Wellspring, and Iron Treads Ground doesn't resist fire, Tusk Lando Gliscor Kyurem Ogerpon-Wellspring all take neutral damage from Pyro Ball while Treads actually takes super effective damage due to its Steel typing, you're right that it still struggles against some of these (gliscor lando pult tusk) but it's more because of their sheer bulk and ability to threaten ace back not their resists. Great Tusk particularly threaten Cinderace, so having special attackers would fix the problem, while this is a pretty vague statement that you don't really elaborate on, better just to go straight to ice types Ice-type Pokemon like Kyurem and Weavile are great teammates because they hit those threats effectively talk about how they appreciate cinderace dealing with hazards/pivoting them in/handling fairies like val. Furthermore, Grass-type Pokemon such as Rillaboom, Serperior, Ogerpon-W, and Meowscarada can also help Cinderace as they resist Water- and Ground-type moves. Not sure if you should list all these examples without explaining? but ill let proper qc handle that Rillaboom and Ogerpon-W are particularly helpful, as the former sets the Grassy Terrain that provides passive recovery to Cinderace and weaken the super effective Earthquake, while the latter completely absorbs Water-type moves thanks to its ability and benefits of while benefiting from Cinderace’s ability to hit Grass-types effectively mention cinderace hazard control/pivot. Physical walls like Dondozo can also help Cinderace to deal with physical attackers like Great Tusk, Gouging Fire, and Roaring Moon. You won't really see dondozo on the same team as cinderace due to dondozo being passive, and thus fitting more on balance teams which offensive cinderace doesn't really feature on Finally, Zamazenta also threaten Cinderace, but it can be checked by Dondozo and Fairy-types like Iron Valiant Enamorus, Hatterene, and Clefable. Can you rephrase this to emphasize how these mons may benefit from Cinderace's presence as well, like hitting steels or pivoting them in safely (and i already mentioned how Dondozo is bad)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Last edited:
This is an amcheck so take this with a grain of salt
Add Remove Comment
[SET]
tera type: Fire / Ghost / Fighting (If you want to add tera types just add em no need for italics)

[SET COMMENTS]
With its high Attack and Speed stats, coupled with Libero, Heavy-Duty Boots, U-Turn, and a strong STAB in Pyro Ball, Cinderace is a very great offensive pivot. Sucker Punch gives a priority to its team and allows it to renvenge kill faster threats such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Iron Boulder. Court Change offers great hazard control, getting rid of entry hazards despite Gholdengo, and exerting pressure on screen setters like Grimmsnarl, Deoxys-S, and Dragapult. Alternatively, High Jump Kick is a great coverage option, hitting Fire resists like Heatran, Roaring Moon, and Hisuian Samurott super effectively. effectively Kyurem, Heatran, and Dark-types like Kingambit, Roaring Moon, Darkrai, Hisuian Samurott, and Ting-Lu. You don't need that many examples + pyro ball already hits kyurem gambit, might also want to mention how you suffer badly into ghold pult and gliscor which can abuse recoil With Tera Fire, Cinderace regains its original typing after a Libero type change, in order to boost Pyro Ball’s damage and regain immunity get immune to Will-O-Wisp. Alternatively, Tera Ghost transforms Cinderace in a great spinblocker, as well as getting immune to Extreme Speed the big benefit is flipping the matchup on tusk, mention this instead, while Tera Fighting gives a STAB boost to High Jump Kick and a resistance to Kingambit’s Sucker Punch. However, Tera Ghost lets it become weak to Dark- and Ghost-type attacks from Pokemon such as Kingambit, Dragapult, Scarf Gholdengo, Roaring Moon, Zamazenta, Hisuian Samurott, Darkrai, Weavile and Meowscarada, whereas with Tera Fighting, Cinderace becomes weak to Fairy-types that can easily revenge kill it like Iron Valiant and Scarf Enamorus. You don't need to mention its weaknesses since these are pretty obvious, though I would say it's worth mentioning that Teraing nullifies Libero.

Offensive Pivot Cinderace is a great option in bulky offense and offensive teams. Pokemon like Kingambit, Weavile, Kyurem, Great Tusk and Iron Valiant can benefit from its ability to bring them in surely. Every mon likes pivots to bring them in safely, not really noteworthy to mention With other pivots like Dragapult, Galarian Slowking, and Landorus-T, Cinderace can form a good VoltTurn core. The latters synergizes particularly well Landorus-T and Galarian Slowking synergize well You don't really need to mention pult if it doesn't do much other than forming a volt turn core with Cinderace, better to mention mons that actually cover for weaknesses Cinderace has with Cinderace, as Landorus-T can check Great Tusk which is problematic for Cinderace, while Galarian Slowking can switch into strong special attackers such as Gholdengo, Cinderace can beat Gholdengo anyways Raging Bolt, Enamorus, and Volcarona. Cinderace gets threaten and/or walled by Water-, Ground- and Dragon-types who mostly resist to Pyro Ball like Great Tusk, Raging Bolt, Dragapult, Roaring Moon, Kyurem, Gouging Fire, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Ogerpon-Wellspring, and Iron Treads Ground doesn't resist fire, Tusk Lando Gliscor Kyurem Ogerpon-Wellspring all take neutral damage from Pyro Ball while Treads actually takes super effective damage due to its Steel typing, you're right that it still struggles against some of these (gliscor lando pult tusk) but it's more because of their sheer bulk and ability to threaten ace back not their resists. Great Tusk particularly threaten Cinderace, so having special attackers would fix the problem, while this is a pretty vague statement that you don't really elaborate on, better just to go straight to ice types Ice-type Pokemon like Kyurem and Weavile are great teammates because they hit those threats effectively talk about how they appreciate cinderace dealing with hazards/pivoting them in/handling fairies like val. Furthermore, Grass-type Pokemon such as Rillaboom, Serperior, Ogerpon-W, and Meowscarada can also help Cinderace as they resist Water- and Ground-type moves. Not sure if you should list all these examples without explaining? but ill let proper qc handle that Rillaboom and Ogerpon-W are particularly helpful, as the former sets the Grassy Terrain that provides passive recovery to Cinderace and weaken the super effective Earthquake, while the latter completely absorbs Water-type moves thanks to its ability and benefits of while benefiting from Cinderace’s ability to hit Grass-types effectively mention cinderace hazard control/pivot. Physical walls like Dondozo can also help Cinderace to deal with physical attackers like Great Tusk, Gouging Fire, and Roaring Moon. You won't really see dondozo on the same team as cinderace due to dondozo being passive, and thus fitting more on balance teams which offensive cinderace doesn't really feature on Finally, Zamazenta also threaten Cinderace, but it can be checked by Dondozo and Fairy-types like Iron Valiant Enamorus, Hatterene, and Clefable. Can you rephrase this to emphasize how these mons may benefit from Cinderace's presence as well, like hitting steels or pivoting them in safely (and i already mentioned how Dondozo is bad)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
Thank you :)!!
I actually corrected everything you mentioned. I only kept the italic because the Teras were just a proposition, I'm not sure if it's very relevant.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
1/2, credit FayaWizard as well

Comment Add Remove

[SET]
tera type: Fire / Ghost / Fighting

[SET COMMENTS]
With its high Attack and Speed stats, coupled with Libero, Heavy-Duty Boots, U-Turn, and a strong STAB in Pyro Ball, Cinderace is a very great offensive pivot. Sucker Punch gives a priority to its team and allows it to renvengerevenge kill faster threats such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Iron Boulder neither are relevant, use stuff like chipped moth/moon and deoxys speed. Court Change offers great entry hazard control, getting rid of entry hazards despite Gholdengo do something like "against even Ghost-types", and exerting pressure on screen setters like Grimmsnarl, Deoxys-S, and Dragapult none of these commonly run screens (besides grimm but grimm is awful), just say something about removing Alolan Ninetales Aurora Veil as a bonus. Alternatively, High Jump Kick is a great coverage option, hitting two spaces here, remove one Fire resists like Heatran no tera garg can go over heatran, Roaring Moon, and Hisuian Samurott super effectively. Nevertheless, Pokemon like Gholdengo, Dragapult, and Gliscor can abuse abuse isn't allowed in analyses from the recoil. I know what you mean but rephrase it to be more clear or just remove this part, cinderace is also never clicking hjk vs gliscor. With Tera Fire, Cinderace regains its original typing after a Libero type change, in order to boost Pyro Ball’s damage add what the damage increase does and regain immunity to Will-O-Wisp. Alternatively, Tera Ghost flips the Great Tusk matchup to Cinderace's advantage, while Tera Fighting gives a STAB boost to High Jump Kick and a resistance to Kingambit’s Sucker Punch. However, after Terastallizing, Cinderace won't benefit from Libero anymore.

Offensive Pivot Cinderace is a great option in bulky offense and offensive teams. Landorus-T and Galarian Slowking synergize well with Cinderace, as Landorus-T can check Great Tusk mention it sets rocks which is nice when ace is a pivot which is problematic for Cinderace, while Galarian Slowking can switch into strong special attackers such as Raging Bolt, Enamorus, and Volcarona enamorus and volcarona without tera don't beat cinderace. Great Tusk particularly threaten Cinderace, so Ice-type Pokemon like Kyurem and Weavile are great teammates because they hit those threats effectively. weavile doesn't fit here and the synergy with Kyurem is more "it gains opportunities on bulky grounds and waters that swap into cinderace, and Cinderace uturns to Kyurem on them" In return, they benefit from Cinderace's hazard control, its capacity to check Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Enamorus that threaten them as well as its ability to bring them in surely. Furthermore, Grass-type Pokemon such as Rillaboom, Serperior, Ogerpon-W, and Meowscarada can also help Cinderace as they resist Water- and Ground-type moves from what, also mention uturn on water/ground types. Rillaboom and Ogerpon-W are particularly helpful, as the former sets the Grassy Terrain that provides passive recovery to Cinderace and weaken the super effective Earthquake, while the latter completely absorbs Water-type moves thanks to its ability while benefiting from Cinderace’s ability to hit Grass-types, from its capacity to pivot and bring it surely on the field, and from the hazard control it offers. Finally, Zamazenta also threateningthreatens Cinderace, Fairy-types like Iron Valiant, Enamorus, Hatterene, and Clefable can check it, while Cinderace's presence can help these Pokemon as it can hit Steel-types effectively clef doesn't mind being walled, valiant and enamorus already have coverage for steels and bring them in surely.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Hi veti, first thank you very much for your return!!

I just had a few questions about your remarks:

add what the damage increase does
I added some Pokemon, could you tell me if it's okay or if I should replace some?

weavile doesn't fit here and the synergy with Kyurem is more "it gains opportunities on bulky grounds and waters that swap into cinderace, and Cinderace uturns to Kyurem on them"
Should I keep Kyurem? Or just remove the whole sentence?

clef doesn't mind being walled, valiant and enamorus already have coverage for steels
Should I also completely remove this part?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
With Pyro Ball, Cinderace will be able to certainly OHKO Kingambit, Defensive Gholdengo, Offensive Volcarona, and Iron Treads as well as 2HKO Landorus-T, Hatterene, and Clefable.
Kingambit will always OHKO with +2 sucker, Iron Treads could be removed because it outspeeds with booster but idm having it, Landorus is a roll if fast (53% chance with damage rolls, then pyro ball 10% miss chance twice) and if bulky it doesn't even have a roll with rocks.

Edit: Kingambit is fine if you specify that boosted gambit doesn't care and suckers u anyways

Should I keep Kyurem? Or just remove the whole sentence?
Rework it and possibly combine with the next to talk about cinderace turning against counters into the grasses and kyu

Should I also completely remove this part?
Remove is fine but you could also rework it

1/2, credit FayaWizard as well

Comment Add Remove

[SET]
tera type: Fire / Ghost / Fighting

[SET COMMENTS]
With its high Attack and Speed stats, coupled with Libero, Heavy-Duty Boots, U-Turn, and a strong STAB in Pyro Ball, Cinderace is a very great offensive pivot. Sucker Punch gives a priority to its team and allows it to renvengerevenge kill faster threats such as Dragapult, Choice Scarf Gholdengo, and Iron Boulder neither are relevant, use stuff like chipped moth/moon and deoxys speed. Court Change offers great entry hazard control, getting rid of entry hazards despite Gholdengo do something like "against even Ghost-types", and exerting pressure on screen setters like Grimmsnarl, Deoxys-S, and Dragapult none of these commonly run screens (besides grimm but grimm is awful), just say something about removing Alolan Ninetales Aurora Veil as a bonus. Alternatively, High Jump Kick is a great coverage option, hitting two spaces here, remove one Fire resists like Heatran no tera garg can go over heatran, Roaring Moon, and Hisuian Samurott super effectively. Nevertheless, Pokemon like Gholdengo, Dragapult, and Gliscor can abuse abuse isn't allowed in analyses from the recoil. I know what you mean but rephrase it to be more clear or just remove this part, cinderace is also never clicking hjk vs gliscor. With Tera Fire, Cinderace regains its original typing after a Libero type change, in order to boost Pyro Ball’s damage add what the damage increase does and regain immunity to Will-O-Wisp. Alternatively, Tera Ghost flips the Great Tusk matchup to Cinderace's advantage, while Tera Fighting gives a STAB boost to High Jump Kick and a resistance to Kingambit’s Sucker Punch. However, after Terastallizing, Cinderace won't benefit from Libero anymore.

Offensive Pivot Cinderace is a great option in bulky offense and offensive teams. Landorus-T and Galarian Slowking synergize well with Cinderace, as Landorus-T can check Great Tusk mention it sets rocks which is nice when ace is a pivot which is problematic for Cinderace, while Galarian Slowking can switch into strong special attackers such as Raging Bolt, Enamorus, and Volcarona enamorus and volcarona without tera don't beat cinderace. Great Tusk particularly threaten Cinderace, so Ice-type Pokemon like Kyurem and Weavile are great teammates because they hit those threats effectively. weavile doesn't fit here and the synergy with Kyurem is more "it gains opportunities on bulky grounds and waters that swap into cinderace, and Cinderace uturns to Kyurem on them" In return, they benefit from Cinderace's hazard control, its capacity to check Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Enamorus that threaten them as well as its ability to bring them in surely. Furthermore, Grass-type Pokemon such as Rillaboom, Serperior, Ogerpon-W, and Meowscarada can also help Cinderace as they resist Water- and Ground-type moves from what, also mention uturn on water/ground types. Rillaboom and Ogerpon-W are particularly helpful, as the former sets the Grassy Terrain that provides passive recovery to Cinderace and weaken the super effective Earthquake, while the latter completely absorbs Water-type moves thanks to its ability while benefiting from Cinderace’s ability to hit Grass-types, from its capacity to pivot and bring it surely on the field, and from the hazard control it offers. Finally, Zamazenta also threateningthreatens Cinderace, Fairy-types like Iron Valiant, Enamorus, Hatterene, and Clefable can check it, while Cinderace's presence can help these Pokemon as it can hit Steel-types effectively clef doesn't mind being walled, valiant and enamorus already have coverage for steels and bring them in surely.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
Kingambit will always OHKO with +2 sucker, Iron Treads could be removed because it outspeeds with booster but idm having it, Landorus is a roll if fast (53% chance with damage rolls, then pyro ball 10% miss chance twice) and if bulky it doesn't even have a roll with rocks.

Edit: Kingambit is fine if you specify that boosted gambit doesn't care and suckers u anyways

Rework it and possibly combine with the next to talk about cinderace turning against counters into the grasses and kyu

Remove is fine but you could also rework it
I think I implemented everything, thank you again veti!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)