ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I still haven't gotten my code and I signed up the day it was announced for the US.

Does anybody know how to edit your account on that site? Because I can't double-check to see if I was opted in like I thought.

Last edited:
Actually starting Gen V a Pokemon who won't listen to you will NEVER attack.
Pretty sure that's not true since 1) I don't see where it say that on the page you linked and 2) a month or two ago I beat my Y version with a single lv100 Heracross I traded over from my X version. It was annoying as hell and took forever but it attacked eventually, and did so more frequently as badges were accumulated.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pretty sure that's not true since 1) I don't see where it say that on the page you linked and 2) a month or two ago I beat my Y version with a single lv100 Heracross I traded over from my X version. It was annoying as hell and took forever but it attacked eventually, and did so more frequently as badges were accumulated.
Okay, I misread the page. I was looking at the quotes section and mistook that what a Pokemon would only do. However I guess when a Pokemon attacks there is no special message. I assumed they changed it since, well as you pointed out, doesn't matter if the Pokemon doesn't listen to you all the time, as long as their level is high enough they just need to attack once thus making them not attack means you have to use a Pokemon that listens to you.

My bad.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
anyone see norman, winona, or wallace among the demo npcs in mossdeep? seen all the other gym leaders was wondering if those show up at any time.

So I'm not the only then? I'm going through my Nintendo Network ID and making sure that its email is active and ready to receive the code, because apparently, they've already sent out every email that they're going to now...
well the blows massive chunks >.> so what now? lol this a great xD not only are they most likely only giving these mega via the demo...they arent even giving everyone eligible a chance to get them...

so yea gonna have to jump on the "Who has an extra code?" band wagon...

i was hoping my first time posting on this board whould have been a happier moment xD

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
anyone see norman, winona, or wallace among the demo npcs in mossdeep? seen all the other gym leaders was wondering if those show up at any time.
They probably don't want to reveal them. They revealed Tate & Liza because they pretty much have to as Mossdeep is their city and it's a nice sneak peak. However they'll probably reveal the rest in the next CoroCoro.

well the blows massive chunks >.> so what now? lol this a great xD not only are they most likely only giving these mega via the demo...they arent even giving everyone eligible a chance to get them...

so yea gonna have to jump on the "Who has an extra code?" band wagon...

i was hoping my first time posting on this board whould have been a happier moment xD

Well, there are other options:
  • Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
  • Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
  • Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
  • You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You'll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
  • Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
  • Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24-Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.
For now, I'm going with the option to use the Nintendo Network IDs as my back up. If that doesn't work, then I'm either going to buy the Art Academy or the TCG Game, and get my code that way; hell, I'm already inclined to buy the TCG Game anyway. I'm not sure what the cinema locations mean specifically, but that would work too.

There are other options, we just have to wait a bit longer; I think the "play every day until the release" is more general than it is required, given some of the dates, which are specifically meant to give kids a taste of the games, and then beg for them for Christmas. Given this, I'd think that whatever the reward is, it will be accessible, regardless of whether we got the demos on the fifteenth, the twenty-first, or the thirty-first of October, or the first of December; we just have to play them long enough to unlock them. More than likely, if anything, a counter starts on the day that the demo is activated, and we have to play everyday for a month after that, or something.

Well, there are other options:

For now, I'm going with the option to use the Nintendo Network IDs as my back up. If that doesn't work, then I'm either going to buy the Art Academy or the TCG Game, and get my code that way; hell, I'm already inclined to buy the TCG Game anyway. I'm not sure what the cinema locations mean specifically, but that would work too.

There are other options, we just have to wait a bit longer; I think the "play every day until the release" is more general than it is required, given some of the dates, which are specifically meant to give kids a taste of the games, and then beg for them for Christmas. Given this, I'd think that whatever the reward is, it will be accessible, regardless of whether we got the demos on the fifteenth, the twenty-first, or the thirty-first of October, or the first of December; we just have to play them long enough to unlock them. More than likely, if anything, a counter starts on the day that the demo is activated, and we have to play everyday for a month after that, or something.
ill have to look into the TCG game then, that was the only time i ever played the TCG so itll bring back major nostalgia in more ways then one...still think its stupid but what evs.... thanks for the update

• Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
codes will be emailed to SELECT Nintendo Customers with Nintendo Network IDs.
My guess is that it will be the same as with the SSB4 demo codes. You'll need to have current Platinum status (as in reach Platinum during last year's cycle), which you either did or didn't do already. So it's probably not something you can fall back on last minute. If you did reach Platinum last year then make sure you also turn on email promotions and register a 3DS to the network ID before Halloween.

I think someone already mentioned this, but Flamethrower's new animation is just majestic. I wonder what other moves will have beefed up animations. Just continuing with the fire-type, hopefully Flare Blitz gets better. I'm thinking maybe Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and Drill Run could use a bit cooler animations as well.

I just need a 2DS/3DS code to execute my plan ;-;. But I guess it's too late. It could be a fantastic opportunity to get Pokémon Art Academy and the demo at the same time, but whatever.

I think someone already mentioned this, but Flamethrower's new animation is just majestic. I wonder what other moves will have beefed up animations. Just continuing with the fire-type, hopefully Flare Blitz gets better. I'm thinking maybe Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and Drill Run could use a bit cooler animations as well.
I'd like it if nearly all of these recoil and multi-hit moves had improved animations, but that's a topic for another thread. Both Mega Glalie and the apparently much rarer (for now) Mega Steelix pretty much will make Winona's gym cakewalk. I presume you'll have the Mega Bangle by then so they can be of some assistance... provided one isn't too attached to their starter's Mega.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd like it if nearly all of these recoil and multi-hit moves had improved animations, but that's a topic for another thread. Both Mega Glalie and the apparently much rarer (for now) Mega Steelix pretty much will make Winona's gym cakewalk. I presume you'll have the Mega Bangle by then so they can be of some assistance... provided one isn't too attached to their starter's Mega.
I believe the Demo Glalie also comes with Protect, so Norman's Slaking should be easy.

So there's a Black Belt in the demo mentioning that there is a "Food Court" in Mauville. Could it be a possible replacement for the Game Corner? An empty spot where that building used to be would be a really big eyesore. Then again, the updated map of Hoenn shows a complete makeover of the city. From what I can make out, Mauville is surrounded by a huge wall with the Gym right in the center.

If it's implemented at all, I'm wondering how the Food Court would function. Would it work like the restaurants in Lumiose where you battle employees all in a row for a decent profit? Or could you have selective battles like in Sinnoh's Seven Stars Restaurant? It would probably not be anything too special IMO and in the worst possible scenario, it could be just another random building where no one of particular interest lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)