Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedor

thiccc
glad to see the voting phase was pretty mutual in terms of the choice made. here are the results of this round:
------
• choice scarf jirachi | 0 votes
• bisharp | 0 votes
• mega beedrill | 1 vote
• garchomp / landorus-t | 12 votes
------
by a pretty substantial amount, garchomp is the third member of the build alongside lucario + latios. i decided to make the choice of running garchomp as opposed to landorus-t here due to a better speed tier for base 100's and such, the fact that it immediately earns the team momentum, and can possibly weaken sd lucario checks early on so it has an easier time in the late game with extreme speed. it also fulfills the mandatory slot of a rocker to weaken the opponent into range of your attacks which is always good. happy 'bout this choice :3 for more on the team, its definitely hyper offense, which means we want to offensively pressure threats instead of defensively managing them which would end up making the team too slow and passive, keep this in mind when suggesting 'mons for next round.

alrighty, the first voting phase is now over, which means the second suggestion phase is now up! you guys have from now until thursday, april 21st (4/21) to put in your suggestions for the fourth member of the team!

keep in mind the team is currently lucario | latios | garchomp, have fun!

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Just to touch on some of the other backbone stuff, Lucario sweeps almost mandate some Spikes and given the direction we are going here I would assume we will see a Klefki as it provides this as well as the aforementioned (by paper dreams) defensive Steel. Granted Ferro could technically fit in this slot but it's more of a momentum killer.
self fulfilling prophecy or something

Anyways Klefki provides Spikes support, which helps the rest of the team as a lot of their checks are vulnerable to Spikes. Wears out offensive teams quite quickly and forces defensive cores to hand out free turns in order to keep themselves healthy. Prankster Thunder Wave is obviously huge for offensive teams, especially since we really don't have anything at all to stop faster mons (need checks to that stuff later but TWave is always helpful). Opted for Magnet Rise since you can annoy Landorus-T, which is pretty nice given how both Lucario and Garchomp don't like it so much. I'm thinking Foul Play might be the way to go since you can deal some heavy damage to Excadrill and the like, but coverage is all team dependent so it'll probably get changed late in the building process to suit what the team actually needs.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

megazors's gucci here, fills a lot of roles that'd be hella helpful while not having much relevant downsides. some of the roles mind you would be like a secondary steel, something to pressure backbones alongside the offensive battery core we've got going on while adding priority to the table; the team does a good job at keeping rocks up, so it's only better to use a mon that can abuse rocks being up to pressure its checks like fire types getting chewed by +2 bp after rocks dmg, or just gets something like usual offensive steel resists being elecs n' offensive waters like keldeo and friends in range of a potential +2 luke espeed before it plans to clean up the game. really does just synergise well with the team and it's nice to have a mid-range option during games rather than wasting one of your mons.

Wait so is Garchomp Helmet FBlast or Lum SD? Klefki fits better with the former and Scizor fits better with the latter imo, so it's a pretty important distinction o.o

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just a suggestion, lucario should run iron tail or bullet punch as a lure since the team is fairy weak and luring clef is always nice. Now on to my actual nomination:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast/Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Toxic

This is a pretty cool tran set that I think can help the team a lot. Zardx threatens out lucario and sets up on it, then the team clicks x since it has to rely on zardx killing itself to beat it at this point. Earth Power fastran can tank any hit bar eq from zard (eq zard isnt unbeatable since the team can kill it with flare blitz recoil+espeed rkilling it) and fire off an earth power. The team also has an incredibly difficult time dealing with fairies in general and a good check for them is really nice. Mega Sab is already a problem for the team and while chomper luring it is nice, tran is a more reliable switch into it than chomp (although knock off is annoying). Mega hera comes in on lucario or chomp and gets a kill pretty much every time it comes in, so having another mon to pressure it and revenge kill it is always really nice. The team doesn't have lati switch ins either, so tran is really nice for that as well. Lastly, serp shits on this team at +2, so tran is nice for checking it. Aside from that, tran is just a great mon overall.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

I could come up with some explanation for this but Gyarados actually just takes on Ground types, as well as help weaken things with Intimidate + secondary wincon to break teams alongside Lucario, which it shares many checks with. Stone Edge hits Zapdos. The team also desperately needs a Ground immunity, as well as a water type. Lum lets you set up on Scald if you really need to, in case Lati gets pursuited or something. Just overall pretty solid teammate for Lucario.

Nedor

thiccc
the second suggestion phase is now over! we got some solid suggestions so i'm happy to see the team is going in the correct direction. anyways, here are your options to vote on:
-----
spikes klefki
offensive sd mega scizor
taunt fast heatran
dd gyarados
-----
when voting, keep in mind the current team is lucario | latios | garchomp!

i'll give you guys a few days to vote for the fourth slot on the team. you have from now until the morning of saturday, april 23rd to cast your vote (4/23 | EST)

the voting phase is now open n_n

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
klefki since lucario teams really need spikes stacking generally for luke to have the best chance at a sweep.

Nedor

thiccc
forgive me of letting this phase go one day late, i was extremely busy yesterday with other responsibilities on smogon / irl ! anyways, everything recommended got votes under its belt, but here are the results:
-----
• spikes klefki | 5 votes
• offensive sd mega scizor | 1 vote
• taunt fast heatran | 2 votes
• dd gyarados | 2 votes
-----
with that, spikes klefki finds a slot on the team as the fourth member!

this means the next suggestion phase is up; you guys have from now until (next) sunday, may 1st (1/5) to put in your recommendation for the next 'mon of the build.

have fun & keep in mind the current build is lucario | latios | garchomp | klefki! ◠◡◠

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Nominating Gyarados again, this time with a Mega stone, offers a secondary settup sweeper which works well with Lucario, Mold Breaker hurts Quagsire, and offers a good offensive Ground-type switch in.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Nominating Taunt Mega Gardevoir. What this serves the team with is an excellent stall breaker which the current team struggles with. Taunt is used to prevent fat mons from recovering. Will-O-Wisp or Focus Blast can be used depending on the team's needs. Mega Gardevoir is an excellent wallbreaker that takes advantage of klefki's t-wave support as well.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Fire Blast/Earthquake

Currently, the team is looking weak to quite a few things, and we only have two slots left, so we kinda need some role compression ASAP. Currently, the team is looking kinda weak to stall (which we could've fixed with tran ;-;), and mega heracross is one mon that really concerns me as of right now, since it can force out both chomp and lucario and set up a sub. MHera with a sub up basically gets a kill vs us, so we need a much more reliable answer to it, and fast mega altaria is an excellent choice for the job. Altaria also helps us with serp, who can basically clean up the game once klefki goes down, or if it just gets up a sub after killing lucario. It also helps with setup sweepers in general like zardx, megados, volc, etc. so that the team isn't overly reliant on klefki clicking twave vs threats to prevent us from losing to them since teams with more than one of the mons that we need to twave to beat (zardx+serp teams come to mind) can easily overwhelm klefki and force us to lose the game. Also, alt creates a huge threat of sweepers at team preview and in between 2 sd sweepers (one of which can catch opps off guard) and a dd sweeper, your opponent is going to have to play incredibly carefully so that they don't get swept. I am aware that this is a highly offensive build and alt is generally used on bulky offense and such, but offensive dd mega altaria just fits with this build extremely well, so I think that it is more than worth it to add it to this team.

Last edited:
Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Mega Heracross fits very well in this team due its typing allowing it to check threats to this team such as mega sableye, reuniclus, mega pert, mamo and gliscor. Heracross also deals very well with stall and break through defensive cores for lucario to clean Heracross also weakeans lando and clefairy to hard counters to crunch sd lucario

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion / Superpower

Credits to paper dreams for discussing this nomination with me! Currently, my main concern here is Exca. I realize covering Exca with highly offensive builds like this one isn't always easy, but this team would appreciate some counter play regardless to avoid being trampled. When I think of Exca checks on offense, Pokemon like Loom and Azu instantly come to mind. However, I don't think either fits very well on the team currently, mainly because they're both slow and make things like offensive Electric-types even more dangerous to face. With this established, Scarf Lando-T appeared to be a good choice. Although it's not the best Exca answer in the world, it does give the team something to fall back on when up against the mole. In addition, it's able to check offensive Electric-types like Thund-I and Mega Manec. These are two well known threats to offense, and Latios as our only real check is definitely shaky. This aside, Lando-T's revenge killing capabilities as a whole are appreciated. This is because the team appears to rely on Klefki to emergency check a ton of faster offensive threats, so the likelihood of it getting overwhelmed is high. Lando-T gives us some much needed speed to relieve some pressure from Klefki and help keep threats like Mega Lop, Mega Zam, and DDers like Mega Gyarados in check. Lando-T accomplishes these roles all while fitting the offensive nature of the team, even providing U-turn to help keep up or generate momentum.

While Lando-T does help the team patch up a few offensive weaknesses, it doesn't do much to assist with stall unfortunately. Assuming Lando-T is chosen, I like the sound of LightningLuxray's Mega Gyara as the final member. Offensive Water-types are always nice to have on offense, and Mega Gyara gives us a little something extra to pressure fatter builds. Double Intimidate between Lando-T and Mega Gyara prior to evolving is also nice on offensive teams like this to help with Zard-X, Talon, and so on. The offensive combo it forms with Lucario isn't half bad either, and the ground immunity in its unevolved state is useful to further help with Exca and others.

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
the third suggestion phase is now over, thank you to all of those who recommended a 'mon this time around. here are your options:

dd mega gyarados
mega gardevoir
dd mega altaria
mega heracross
scarf landorus-t

the next slot will be the fifth member of the build. when voting, keep in mind the current team is lucario | latios | garchomp | klefki!

this means the next voting phase is now up, you guys have from now until wednesday, may 4th (5/4) to cast in your vote!

as for a workshop being held which some of you personally asked me about, there will most likely be one once the team is completed as we're fairly deep in the team. other than that, hf :3c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)