OU Mind Games

I made this team with Pokemon I like and tried to synergize it the best I could. Through testing I have realized I can easily get wrecked by Garchomp, but I have also been able to get around him if the situation is right. Also a common weakness to Fire could potential come up as a problem.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch

I love Galvantula and I want to give him a shot with his new move to buff; to utilize Sticky Web to help the team. Most often the lead but not always of course. Thunder with Compound Eyes and Bug Buzz for good STAB moves. Thinking about swapping Volt Switch out for HP Ice, Energy Ball or perhaps something else.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Brick Break

Scizor is a powerhouse, as we all know. I opted for using a Choice Band set to pack an extra punch. Bullet Punch for priority and Pursuit for revenge killing. U-Turn for sticky situations and trying to lure in bad decisions by the opponent. Brick Break is there for coverage.

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Pretty standard Aegislash. He is the ultimate mind game Pokemon, and while his initial overhype, I still really like him. My two favorite types in one great Pokemon. Air Balloon so Earthquakes will be less problematic and Brave nature to help make sure I go last when I need to. Shadow Sneak for STAB priority. Though about swapping Sacred Sword for Gyro Ball but meh, not sure.

Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

And to extend the mind games fun I have my favorite gimmick; Zoroark. I decided to go for Choice Specs on him because he isn't all that strong and this way he is more likely to deal enough damage because his main purpose is to get a surprise kill. Wanted U-turn but might switch it for more coverage.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Thunderbolt

Gengar, this beast is just too good. I decided on him for my Mega evolution to trap and kill. He can often take out at least 2 Pokemon and when needed he can late-game sweep like a boss. Destiny Bond to deal with troublesome threats I otherwise couldn't. I'm not sure on T-bolt, but not sure what to change it out for.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb

I wanted to try and have a special wall and this thing works wonders. I'm not convinced on the EV spread, probably going to invest most or all of the SpDef EVs into Def instead so he isn't destroyed by everything physical. Dragon Tail for phasing out things that will try to setup and then some coverage moves to back it up.

So of course, any suggestions are welcome, let me know what you think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)