Project OU Teambuilding Competition V6 (Round 7:Building Stage) R6 winner Archphantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotti

we back.
Given to me by -Clone- Approved by Haunter

credits to justinjiaxinghu
OU Teambuilding Competition V6

Clone has given this thread to me, so yeah you guys probably know what this is, but I will explain it again. Every week I will post a Pokemon or core of Pokemon. It is your job to build a successful team around these Pokemon. Once you have done so, PM your team to me with the format shown below. You have five days to do so. Once these five days are up, submissions will be closed and I will start the voting period. The voting period, which will last for two days, will be when everyone casts one vote for their favorite team. At the end of this period, the winner will be announced and the process will repeat itself. Below are the rules, and everything else you may need to know.

Rules

1. To submit a team, it must be PMed to me, and it must follow the format shown below. You may make changes to it as much as you like, but once the deadline hits everything will be locked in and I will post what I see at that moment.
  2. Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified.
  3. Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  4. No Bandwagonning : Simple rule: try to not support someone simply because you recognized his nick or because he/she has a shiny trophy. Vote for who you want to win, not who your friend wants you to vote for. Obviously it'll be hard to enforce this, but please use some common sense.

Below is an example of the format you will be PMing to me. Remember to follow this format exactly. Failure to do so may result in me rejecting your team. If you can't spend five minutes formatting your team, I won't spend five minutes posting your team when voting time comes. Remember, do not post your team in the thread. PM it to me.

Credit to the team goes to Tokyo Tom

This is a team I made originally for the Mawilite Suspect Ladder, revolving around Mienshao to scout items and beat common leads at the time (such as SashMamo, Breloom, SashChomp, or SR setters like Landorus-T and Ferro etc.), and Charizard-X which is probably the most broken Mega left in XY OU. HP Ice Mienshao and EQ Latios pushed significant damage on DD Zard-X's premier counters, Landorus-T and Heatran, opening the way for Zard-X to potentially sweep lategame. Additionally, the core of Mienshao / SpexKou / ScarfLando-T offered a fast VoltTurn chain that could easily break down the opponents checks with very little prediction and Stealth Rock support from one of the sturdiest SR setters in the game, Ferrothorn. The concept began as a fun team but the team did see some success as Ben Gay used it to peak #1 on the Mawilite Suspect Ladder, and was one of the teams he used to peak #1 more recently on the actual OU ladder, during the first cycle of the Smogon Ladder Tournament. Overall, a neat little offensive team focused on luring threats and keeping momentum to wear down the opponent, opening them up for almost any of the Pokemon to clean up lategame.

Dark Fantasy (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 88 HP / 216 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Outrage

Devil in a New Dress (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP / 232 Atk / 244 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

All of the Lights (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Psyshock

Lost in the World (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Hell of a Life (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Power (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge​

The Hall of Fame and current core will be in the following posts.

Scotti

we back.
HALL OF FAME

Round 1
By: ABR

This team is designed around an underappreciated and effective set, Weakness Policy Dragonite. I decided to use it because of its great sweeping capabilities versus offensive teams. This can be attributed to the fact that the opponent usually has to either activate weakness policy or allow for more setup, and usually they will just attack super effectively because of how unexpected WP is. This Azelf set is one I use very often, and for good reason. Dazzling Gleam and HP Steel take care of the pesky magic bouncers OU, with DGleam 2hkoing Sableye and HP Steel Ohkoing Diancie. Scarf Gengar is utilized here because of its ability to revenge kill certain threats like DD Altaria with its STABS and surprise some pokemon with DBond. It also can spinblock and surprise kill one of the most prevalent OU spinners at the moment, Starmie. As Dragonite hates Stealth Rock and every team needs a good Keldeo switchin, Starmie was chosen in the next slot. Starmie not only fulfills the aforementioned roles, but it also takes care of pesky bulky grounds such as helmet Garchomp and Hippowdon in addition to pokemon like Venusaur and Heatran. This team was looking very weak to Bisharp, having no dark resists and three weaknesses, and Mega Sableye at this point, so Lopunny was chosen for this slot. The set I chose for this team is the PuP + Encore set, which is in many cases the most efficient at breaking slower teams. The other pokemon on the team handled offense quite well, so I figured this set would do the best. An example of a situation where this set would be effective is when a "Lopunny wall" such as Clefable switches in. After taking a return, Clefable is generally going to Softboiled. This gives Lopunny the opportunity to PuP on the Softboiled and then Encore it after. Lopunny then proceeds to set up or start killing slower teams, as they fail to keep up with this wall-breaking force. Last but certainly not least on this team is Thundurus. Thundurus was chosen because the team needed a way to beat Birds as well as a way to hit bulky waters reliably. I felt at this point that there was enough wall-breaking power and sweeping potential versus offense with the rest of this team, that there was much creative freedom with the Thundurus set. I knew I wanted to use Focus Blast as Ferrothorn seemed like it could be a big pain and HP Ice in general is reliable vs pokemon like Landorus. The creative part of this set is Substitute, as it allows Thundurus to reliably scout pokemon such as Scarf TTar/Lando, but also to provide general utility like getting a Substitute up on Ferrothorn's leech seed for example. Overall, this team is very fun and fast-paced with a lot of creative sets to utilize.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Dragonite (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore
- High Jump Kick
- Return

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Round 2
By: firehusky

Hehe innovation frog squad here. Started out with politoed as the first mon because it's required and can set up rain. Next is his best friend poliwrath which is the teams swift swim abuser. With belly drum, its attack reaches insane levels and he wrecks teams under rain with his powerful dual stabs and ice punch. I really wanted to use mega amphy because it's just such a cool mega and it works really well under rain, and hits really hard too. Amphy also walls thundurus and talonflame which can be pretty annoying for rain. I decided to pair up agility amphy with his partner in crime, nasty plot + sub pass celebi to pass it boosts or a sub. Needed a secondary rain setter in case toed died so went with thundurus as a decent bird check and emergency rain setter. Sub bulk up Taxicrak is a pretty cool mon that can abuse rain with dry skin and is the third frog, decent keld check and beats some mons like ferrothorn, chansey, and non EQ mega gyara etc.

ribbit ribbit. @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic
- Encore

honk honk. @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

meow meow. @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Baton Pass

woof woof. @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

moooo mooo. (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

croak croak. @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Round 3
By: You...You...

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

This is a spike-stacking offence team built around a criminally underrated threat in Mega Alakazam who has a really good matchup against a lot of common builds in this metagame, especially versus Balance and Offense teams. Modest is used on the Mega Zam set for the extra power so, as a result, Protect is necessary on him, otherwise he would easily be outsped and KOed by 108+ base speed mons before mega evolving. Bisharp was a fairly obvious choice in the next slot, finding his way on this team for the same reason as many other Spike-Stacking Teams: Pursuit trapping the two most common hazard removers in OU and providing that invaluable defiant to take advantage of and consequently deter defog. Specs Keldeo was chosen next for its dark resistance and amazing power which makes it incredibly hard to switch into; especially on spikes stacking teams such as these. It really appreciates the Pursuit support provided by Bisharp enabling it to threaten the vast majority of teams who use Lati@s as their Keldeo check. Finally, Raikou is the team's electric check and flying resist, sporting an Assault Vest to take on a wide array of threats. He's also a useful pivot into Keldeo and Bisharp, for wallbreaking and pursuit trapping respectively. Overall, this team is a capable team which is fun, easy to use and effective in practice.

Round 4
By: ArchPhantom

So I looked at this week's core of Ferro and mLati and figured ez balance. The focus of the team was hazard stack + DD Gyarados + CM M-Latias. First mon added? Hippowdon. Why? It reliably gets up rocks and checks everything. So Hippowdon and Ferrothorn form the squad's defensive backbone and set the creamy hazards. Chople on Ferro lets it roll itself into threats like Gengar and Gardevoir and come out the victor. It also allows Thorns to stay in on and eliminate fighting types like pony if it absolutely needs to; Toxic>Stone Edge Hippo to give no free switches to Serp n' Mana and to wear down bulky grounds. Heatran was added because I wanted a stallbreaker that checks stallbreakers (M-Sable, SDef Flame, Clef) and Tran does just that. Drill was added next cause hippo is peanut butter and drill is jelly. With Hippo's sand, Sand Rush Drill cranks up the team's speed and gives it a powerful cleaner, hazard remover, and offense 6-0er. What's nice is that Exca weakens things like Ferrothorn for Gyarados to finish later in the game and vice versa.

Taunt DD Gyarados is amazing. It sets up on some of the things Excadrill hates (think Skarmory) and is such an awesome team player in that it sweeps and facilitates sweeps. Another thing is, with Gyara, Latias won't be overwhelmed in checking stuff like Keldeo, Zard Why? and Landorus (lol, overwhelmed? M lati dgaf). Plus, Gyara's typing and ability greatly benefit the team. Taunt>Sub for dem Skarmorys and dem status. Finally, M lati is here to wreck shop with the deadly CM set. This thing is too good rofl. Went for Tbolt as coverage to hit scarftars and Heatrans (psychic resists basically), tho it's mainly for Manaphy. Hehe, I have ma fire-water-grass core, ma sand core, the hazards, the multiple win-cons; call me ears. Get it? Ears cuz balance...

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 224 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Round 5
By: Sam-2XD

First time posting a team. Basically, I took the core, then checked out the good cores page and worked it until I had enough resists. I like the VoltTurn options, turning to the appropriate Drag/Steel/Fairy core resist, or swapping to Manaphy/Clefable for the setup. It's SpA heavy, which is why both Tornadus and Clefable run Knock-Off.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Current Core:

Round 1: Azelf + Gengar

Azelf and Gengar make a great offensive core for HO teams. Azelf can preform a varienty of jobs ranging from stealth rocks, dual screens, or even an offensive. It also takes down other hazard setters and magic bounce users with its wide movepool. Gengar spinblocks and does great damage against defensive teams. It can also run moves to prevent defog and help its teammates. Overall a fun HO core to use.

Round Ends: Friday, April 10th at 11:59 EST(or whenever I wake up :3)

Last edited:
So, correct me if I'm wrong- I'm going to say how I think this works.

You give us the two pokemon, which are Azelf and Gengar.
We have to make an OU team with these two pokemon on them, but it doesn't matter what moves and items and EVs they have. The only requirement is that I have an azelf and gengar on my team.

is that correct?

btw, I think this is an interesting idea. Thank you for hosting this

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, correct me if I'm wrong- I'm going to say how I think this works.

You give us the two pokemon, which are Azelf and Gengar.
We have to make an OU team with these two pokemon on them, but it doesn't matter what moves and items and EVs they have. The only requirement is that I have an azelf and gengar on my team.

is that correct?
that is correct.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Lol oh god

So this isn't a useless post and while we wait for Zamrock to show us his godlike team-building skills "to toss these niggas" I'll go ahead and say core is gonna be prone to a lot of revenge killers and other aspects of offense such as Mega Lopunny, Klefki, DDance sweepers, etc. I mean this is a core in the sense that you have the lead and a really good mon to go with it so there's a lot of diversity it's just making sure you have what you can covered to not get swept at a moments notice. Looking forward to all the Char-X weak teams :]

Scotti

we back.
So now that submissions have ended, it is time for voting. You have one vote, so chose wisely.

Voting ends on Sunday April 12, 11:59 est.
(unless not a lot of people vote then voting will be extended)
Team 1

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast

The lord is back again with another squad,

Pretty interesting core to build around, I'm not much of a fan of HO but this team worked out pretty well and I've only a couple of games with it. Pretty standard sets all around except for Starmie, on this team rapid spin isn't needed, especially with no mons weak to rocks and spinning just wastes a turn you could be firing off a Hyro. Starmie has Tbolt to help with bulky teams with mons like Slowbro, bulkmie, etc and helps take pressure off Gengar and somewhat Bisharp to come in vs those mons because Gengar has so few proper switchins and you wanna keep it around as long as possible. Getting rid of them also helps MDiancie clean up or get a kill. Similar with Focus Blast on Scarf Keldeo, it primarily hits Rotom-W a lot harder which helps out a lot because Bish and Starmie don't really like Rotom all too much and also none of the other fillers were really needed. Not a lot else to say about this team, the mons work together well and are able to check just about everything

Team 2

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Skill Swap

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Gyarados (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt

Manectric (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 16 Def / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Serperior (M) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Azelf+Gengar obviously brings the team into a very offensive momentum-based direction, so it is a no-brainer that the team will end up as a HO team. Azelf's job is to set-up Stealth Rock asap to bring momentum to the team's side turn 1. With magic bouncers such as MSableye and MDiancie being popular in the tier and bouncing off Stealth Rock, I decided to run Skill Swap to remedy that problem. I run enough satk evs to 1hko standard 252hp/168sdef ferrothorn with fire blast and explosion still hits like a truck even with little investment. HO teams face severe matchup problems with rain and sand offense due to the lack of defensive pivots to tank hits and pivot in the team for them. Speed-boosting sweepers such as DD ZardX and MAltaria are also huge threats for the team because if my revenge-killer can't outrun them, the team automatically gets swept. I picked Gengar as my unorthodox scarfer. Gengar's base 110 speed allows me to have a better matchup vs rain as with a scarf equipped, Gengar has just enough speed to outrun Jolly Mega Swampert under rain. The rest of the sweepers don't usually run a positive nature, hence Gengar can effectively revenge-kill them. Another huge boon that Gengar has over other base 110 scarfers is that it also has access to Destiny Bond, which allows me to turn the tables and trade Gengar for their sweeper. It's actually not that bad of a set and has its niche on HO! Next, I decided to try Moxie Gyarados because I wanted a threatening sweeper of my own that has a good match-up vs opposing HO and bulky offense teams. Moxie makes Gyarados very tricky to play around with as it forces the opponent to not fodder off any weakened pokemon or Gyarados will only grab another attack boost, giving it enough power to perhaps overpower its checks with a +2 STAB move. I like Taunt on Gyarados as it also allows me to have a better matchup vs stall, although it does suck to not be able to hit opposing electrics for SE damage. This leads me to my next pokemon and also my mega: Manectric. MManectric has been making waves recently in the OU metagame and has been enjoying increasing usage because of its ability to check opposing electrics such as Thundurus-I and Raikou, while also being able to check Mega Metagross. It further improves my match-up vs offense and has overall excellent offensive and defensive synergy with Gyarados. I realised bulky waters on stall such as Quagsire and Slowbro would prove to be a nuisance for Gyarados, hence I put Taunt Serperior on the team. Serperior gives me a dedicated stallbreaker that sets up on stall and also applies pressure on bulky grounds that threaten MManectric such as Hippowdon. Lastly, I felt that I was a little dragon and fairy weak. I also lacked a priority user and it would be nice to have a U-turn user to form a small volt-turn core with MManectric to take advantage of Stealth Rock on the opponent's side. CB Scizor fit the bill perfectly and is the perfect check to physically frail pokemon, such as MGardevoir, MAlakazam, MAltaria. That's the team!

Team 3

This team takes advantage of Azelf's ability to both set up rocks and prevent the opponent to set up their own hazards. I felt that Rock Polish M-Metagross complimented Gengar because Gengar helps remove/severely damage things that M-Meta doesn't appreciate whilst it does the same for Gengar. Next, I needed something for Charizard Y and Ferrothorn, both of which are nuisances in the OU meta. This led me to Scarf Heatran. Not only does it take care of Ferrothorn, it also gets the quick OHKO on Charizard Y with Stone Edge (considering I hit). Looking at my team, I realized that I had nothing for BellyJet Azumarill. SD Celebi does a great job of countering this Mon, as it OHKOs after Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry recovery. It also allows me to pass +2 attack to Metagross, which is a threat. As my final Mon, I chose Scarf Landorus-T Superpower lets me deal with M-Gyarados and having an Intimidator is always good to have.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Taunt

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Pain Split
- Substitute

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 140 HP / 156 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Team 4

Alright this weeks core is pretty cool seeing as azelf is such a great lead on ho and makes other leads suffer with taunt while gengar is really hard to switch into. Of course id be lieing if I said I was going to use that lead set. First off instead of going with the typical lead azelf I (Worked With BlazeLatias on this team) took another approach and went with NP Azelf. The reason for this is simply becuase I wanted to deviate from all the lead azelfs that are going to be used. Anyways azelf has offensive sets as well which can give azelf really nice opportunities to set up. Taunt help stop pokemon from setting up as well as bluff lead azelf and overall hits extremely hard. Next up I went with 4 attacks gengar as I have taunt azelf. Icy wind was picked as it hits gliscor which can prove to be troublesome as well as chomp and landos. Overall really hard to switch into. Next up I needed a lead as well as somthing for opposing mega lop so I dont get stomped flat by them. Spikes klefki was picked as not only does it stop mega lop but it can cripple mega playbunny and retaliate back with play-rough. Magnet rise for lead chomps and lead landos and overall is a anti lead for the team plus spike stacking is always welcome on ho. Next up somthing that can handle both ghost and dark types was important so bisharp and gengar didnt crush the core. Mega lop ironically fit as it beats these mons. (i say ironic as were weak too lop) I went with sub+encore so I can screw with set up sweepers that will try setting upon the team. Seeing as ho is Suspect for being set up fauder or flat out losing vs fat mons this is where the set came in handy stoping these mons cold as well as giving np azelf free turns for set up. Next up I were incredibly weak to talonflame as pretty much everything got revenged by it Tank chomp was chosen as it scares talon off and can phaze it while also giving us rocks preventing talon from doing its job as a revenge killer. Endure was picked as it allows chomp to take a extra hit racking up even more damage vs physical attackers plus endure is a trollish move overall that works really nice. Last off I needed a second win condition as azelf was our first. Bulky Sub gyara was chosen due to how it makes for a very reliable bulky late game cleaner that loves the hazard stacking klefki and chomp provide. That and I also needed a water resist and a steel resist and gyara fit that so it makes for a solid glue for the team. The reason I don't have hazard removal is because our teams not bothered by hazards all that much aside from gyara. Np azelf is really anti meta but is really cool imo.

BOOM y/n? (Azelf) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Top Kek (Gengar) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Grounded (Klefki) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

Mad Kicks (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick

TFLCHOMP (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

GET IN MUH MOUTH (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Team 5

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 54 SpD / 202 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Azelf is the suicide lead, set sr, fire blast for scizor or ferro, and explosion for the suicide's attack with so much damage. Lopunny is the mega of the team, he's good in offense. Bisharp is here for synergy, he has defiant [for defog] so its nice. SP for priority, pursuit for trap lati@s. Raikou is here to check flying type, he checks rotom-wash, thundurus... Landorus checks lando-T no hp ice, beedrill-mega,... He's the second late game sweeper after lopunny. HP ice is for gliscor and lando-t, sludge wave for clefable, altaria-mega... earth power is the STAB. Gengar is here to check fairies, venusaur and rapid spinners.
Ty for reading!

Team 6

The core is hard to build around. Azelf + Gengar is usually weak to tons of shit like Bisharp, Lopunny, Fast offense, and other shit. This is obviously an offensive core, so the first common sense strategy that comes to mind is Hyper Offense, with Azelf being the Stealth Rock user and Gengar being the Wallbreaker and Stallbreaker. Hyper Offense just hates shit like Stall and Weather, so I wanted to build something that can hold it's own not just vs reliable playstyles like Balance and Bulky offense, but vs Stall and Weather as well. I'll start w/ the core first, sense that's what the competition is about.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt
- Explosion

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Since I wanted to build Hyper Offense, I might as well take these two mons and have them perform in a new unquie way of takign advantage of the opponent. With Azelf being a common SR lead as it is, people would usually take the time to use a Magic Bounce user to lead with 9/10s of the time. Skill Swap prevents them from blocking my SR so I can safely use them next turn. What's cool is that Azelf outspeeds all but one Magic Bouncer to perform this action (speed ties w/ Mega Absol). Taunt stops Defog and set-up mons. Explosion gives me a chance to bring in a threat for free if they try to spin/defog/attack azelf. Gengar is interesting. I wanted to abuse it's power to stallbreaker and saw this set (shoutouts to AM) and thought this would be a perfect set for this kind of team. Taunt 3-atk is okay, but I wanted gengar to survive throughout vs a stall team instead of being wore down/stalled out w/ LO. SubSplit stops chansey and gives me recovery to keep this monster alive. Shadow Ball is it's best STAB and Focus Blast for coverage. Sub also provides more reliability w/ 50/50s vs Bisharp. 29 IVs in HP is for the Life Orb / Sub numbers. Now let's get into the rest of the team

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Again, Hyper Offense don't usually like facing stall because they usually pack only set-up mons like Dragon Dance, Sword Dance, etc. With shit like Unaware mons being in the way as the main check, I just sticked w/ just hitting hard w/ 1 turn instead of wasting turns tryign to set up. Choice Band Azumarill is a great stallbreaker to fit the bill. This mon also helps vs rain teams, sand teams, and provides dragon immunity and a water resist. Speed evds outspeeds Skarmory. The moveset is self-explanatory. You can add Superpower over Knock Off if you wish, I just keep Knock Off to still do good vs stall, and Ferrothorn loses to at least half of my team anyway.

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I picked Manetric because I needed somethign for Thundurus, bird check, a fast revenge killer. It's standard, nothing really needs to be said about it. Volt switch to provide momentum, Tbolt for reliable strong STAB. I like Flamethrower over Overheat because I'm tired of getting drops and forcing to switch when I can just stay in and damage more shit. You can use either. HP Ice is coverage for Dragons, Landos, and Gliscor.

Bisharp (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Bisharp is just good on offense, period. Teams usually just get tossed from Dark Type moves, and Bisharp is one of the best mons to spam it's Dark Type moves. I wanted AV because I would something to switch-into a latis draco and just kill it off to relieve pressure off of my team. Spread is to prevent a 2hko from lati's Dracos. It's speed is to still outspeed standard Rotom-Wash. Pursuit to trap the lati's. Sucker Punch for Priority. Iron head because fairies are gay. Knock Off as a reliable STAB attack.

Tangrowth (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Sleep Powder

As I said before, Lopunny and Rain Teams are a major cunt vs Hyper Offense, so i decided to go into a more defesive route and threw in a Rocky Helmet Tangrowth. This makes sure I don't lose to Lopunny and can tank hits for days vs other shit like Ice Punch Mega Swampert, Mega Metagross, Bisharp, Azuamrill, Breloom, etc. Giga Drain to provide recovery. Knock off for helping vs stall. EQ for tran and bisharp. Last move depends on your preference, HP Ice if u still hate dragons, HP fire for ferros, Sleep Powder to stop mons from doing w/e they want to do.

Threat List:

Bisharp: Tangrowth is the switch-in, but don't let it be ur only answer. Azu and 50/50s w/ Sub Gengar can also beat it

Gardevior: No switch-ins but it's wore down pretty easily w/ my priority and fast mons

Scizor: Keep fuckin Manetric alive, and Tangrowth if you're using HP fire. (Lol, nice check)

Belly Drum Azumarill: Keep fuckin Tangrowth alive, altho it can't set up on anything

This team is kind of fun and good vs a lot of playstyles. Hope you like. n_n

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt
- Explosion

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bisharp (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Tangrowth (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Team 7

The core of Azelf+Gengar screams Hyper Offence so I immediately turned to that playstyle, using the classic hyper offence build of | lead | breaker #1 | breaker #2 | utility | sweeper | speed | (This build is outlined in detail here http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue28/teambuilding). Azelf is the lead boasting an excellent base 115 speed allowing it to set up stealth rocks quickly while having a fast taunt. The two breakers are Mega Metagross and Kyruem-Black, who have great offensive synergy with each other while hitting extremely hard. Gengar provides useful utillity with taunt to help against stall while also serving as a decently fast special attacker. RP Lando acts as my win-con, being amazingly effective in the current meta, finished off the ruins of the teams left behind by my breakers. Finally to provide my team with a Bisharp check, an additional water resist and some much needed speed, Keldeo rounds off the team having awesome synergy with fellow S ranks Metagross and Landorus.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Team 8

Azelf @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Explosion

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage

so i decided to do something different with azelf instead of just doing the standard.suicide lead set that everyone else will run. it has really good offensive presence and a great movepool to abuse it with. so i decided to go with an offensive set so i can weaken stuff for a late-game gyarados sweep. fire blast + psychic are used to take care of the bulky grass types that probably feel safe staying in, which is really important to help gyara sweep. u turn is there for momentum purposes and because its really the best move for that slot. i have boom in the last slot so i can severely dent something that i cant afford to stay healthy. it also does a nice chunk to clef which once again helps gyara. to add onto the wallbreaking core, gengar was given 4 attacks so it can break balance. icy wind also helps vs lando and torn-t (on the switch), while also ensuring that im not walled by gliscor. next, i have the big shrimp himself, mega gyara. subdd was the chosen set so i can get a free turn against fat mons that cant touch me. gyara is also rly good rn because a lot of teams seem to forget that it exists, so once ferro dies gyara has a snackwrap.

given that gyara loves and hates hazards, clef was chosen as my rocker while normal scizor is my defogger. clef gives me a solid dragon check, and it has t wave to annoy switch ins and cripple fast stuff that might be annoying. scizor was chosen because it helps bluff being mega alongside gyara, and it gives me a good emergency stop to a few mons like dd malt and rp diancie. its also just a really solid fairy check in general. helps against sand offense a bit too, which is nice. finally, i have the long-lost scarfchomp. i chose chomp over lando because it doesnt give bisharp a free attack boost, and it can outspeed every dd mon including zard x. it also resists rocks and has a good cleaning move in outrage. it also really good because most people will assume that its the bulky set and will feel safe keeping their "faster" mon in on it, only for it to get bopped by an eq or d claw. thats pretty much it.

Team 9

azelf + gengar just makes every team HO .-. I like rp m-diancie on HO, as you just outspeed everything after rp. sash diggersby gives me a safety net in case something gets a dd like zard-x. i added scarf raikou - has good speed, good SpA, and helps check mega pinsir and birds in general. i wanted aura sphere on it because it has good coverage with boltbeam - hits things like tyranitar, magnezone, heatran, etc. I have defog + memento latios to help diggersby / m-diancie set up, and also helps to come in on scarf keldeo. i had talonflame earlier, but no hazard control felt bad on a team with talonflame and a sash pokemon, so it had to go. so yeah that's the team.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 180 Atk / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Rash Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Memento

Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Team 10

This team is designed around an underappreciated and effective set, Weakness Policy Dragonite. I decided to use it because of its great sweeping capabilities versus offensive teams. This can be attributed to the fact that the opponent usually has to either activate weakness policy or allow for more setup, and usually they will just attack super effectively because of how unexpected WP is. This Azelf set is one I use very often, and for good reason. Dazzling Gleam and HP Steel take care of the pesky magic bouncers OU, with DGleam 2hkoing Sableye and HP Steel Ohkoing Diancie. Scarf Gengar is utilized here because of its ability to revenge kill certain threats like DD Altaria with its STABS and surprise some pokemon with DBond. It also can spinblock and surprise kill one of the most prevalent OU spinners at the moment, Starmie. As Dragonite hates Stealth Rock and every team needs a good Keldeo switchin, Starmie was chosen in the next slot. Starmie not only fulfills the aforementioned roles, but it also takes care of pesky bulky grounds such as helmet Garchomp and Hippowdon in addition to pokemon like Venusaur and Heatran. This team was looking very weak to Bisharp, having no dark resists and three weaknesses, and Mega Sableye at this point, so Lopunny was chosen for this slot. The set I chose for this team is the PuP + Encore set, which is in many cases the most efficient at breaking slower teams. The other pokemon on the team handled offense quite well, so I figured this set would do the best. An example of a situation where this set would be effective is when a "Lopunny wall" such as Clefable switches in. After taking a return, Clefable is generally going to Softboiled. This gives Lopunny the opportunity to PuP on the Softboiled and then Encore it after. Lopunny then proceeds to set up or start killing slower teams, as they fail to keep up with this wall-breaking force. Last but certainly not least on this team is Thundurus. Thundurus was chosen because the team needed a way to beat Birds as well as a way to hit bulky waters reliably. I felt at this point that there was enough wall-breaking power and sweeping potential versus offense with the rest of this team, that there was much creative freedom with the Thundurus set. I knew I wanted to use Focus Blast as Ferrothorn seemed like it could be a big pain and HP Ice in general is reliable vs pokemon like Landorus. The creative part of this set is Substitute, as it allows Thundurus to reliably scout pokemon such as Scarf TTar/Lando, but also to provide general utility like getting a Substitute up on Ferrothorn's leech seed for example. Overall, this team is very fun and fast-paced with a lot of creative sets to utilize.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpD
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Dragonite (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Encore
- High Jump Kick
- Return

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Team 11

Speed. Power. Coverage. This is what came to mind when I was thinking about the team build. The team had to be speedy and powerful, and I wanted it to cover a good portion of the metagame. So first I started off with this week's core. I went rocks lead Azelf with HP Steel (to bop M-Diancie's) and Explosion (to dent most things + give free switches to its teammates); Gengar is the standard LO set with Substitute as its last. I figured sub would be nice because of all the switches Gengar forces (and for those damn Bisharp). Now let's see the teammates. The first addition to the core was Mega Lopunny. Why? Well because it's hella fast, its STABs are unresisted, and it provides the team with priority. Next up, offense always needs something for set up sweepers and I decided to go with a classic. Enter Thundurus, one of the most reliable speed control mons offense could ask for. I went with a Nasty Plot + T-wave set because I never used it before and I've heard it puts in work (which it does OML).

Next, I wanted to use something that I have seldom seen in ORAS, and that is Endure Salac Berry Chomper. Once it SDs, Endures, then gets that +1, it's hard for Chomp not to sweep teams, especially late-game when everything has been worn down (and when your opp sacked all priority users thinking the battle is won, huhu). Amazing set that can wallbreaks and doubles as a late game cleaner. Finally, I figured opposing scarfers would be problematic especially those that could outpace Garchomp at +1 (Keldeo, Latis, for example). I got the blob for the job aka Wobbuffet, which traps said scarfers as well as other threats to my squad. Went with a Custap set because it can sometimes get me one extra kill. Quick Attack on Lop is for Talonflame and for faster mons that are weakened (after rocks, Fake Out + QA removes Tflame). Idk i just felt like using it :P So yeah that's the team.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Explosion
- Taunt

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Endure

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

EDIT: fixed sprites. Mega lop sprites are terrible :( just used reg lop for sprite

Last edited:
Team 7

Almost takes on the whole metagame on by themselves.I'd recommend SubCM instead of Choice Scarf on Keldeo though because Hyper Offense is faced past and momentum is necessary. A Choice user kinda stops it.

Well built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)