Project OU Teambuilding Competition V6 (Round 7:Building Stage) R6 winner Archphantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
k scotti told me to end this tonight so im doing that now. ArchPhantom had team 4 so he won. grats!

new core:

Mega Mane + Torn T makes for a great VoltTurn core that can fit on both balance and offense alike. Lets see what yall can do.

Deadline is Friday. PM YOUR TEAMS TO scotti. ANY TEAMS I GET WILL NOT BE COUNTED CUZ HES TAKING THIS OVER AND IM NOT RUNNING THIS ANYMORE.

Be easy on him tho cuz hes a terrible user n_n

Scotti

we back.
ah fuck fell asleep and forgot to post teams last night, so I will post them now.

Team 1

Until May (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Walk The Moon (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Hurricane
- Knock Off

Hollow Bodies (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

The Lighthouse (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

Westbound (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost

And Then She Bled (Volcarona) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Offense is my go-to playstyle, especially with a core like this. Using its standard set, Manectric is a fantastic Pokemon in the current metagame that few teams are actually prepared for, being able to tear through a lot of offensive teams with its decent power and blistering Speed. Tornadus-Therain is very similar, adding on to the fact that there are so few switch-ins to its fantastic coverage. I chose the Assault Vest set over the Life Orb set to have a safer switch in to Keldeo and Serperior, and it hits decently hard without it. Breloom is quite an under-rated Pokemon, and it deals well with Hippowdon and Chansey, which both Manectric and Tornadus-T can have problems with, as well as having a 100% inducing Sleep move. Choice Scarf Keldeo is a great revenge killer for Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Charizard, as well as handling Landorus-Therain. Specially Defensive Skarmory works as not only this team's hazard setter and Defogger for Volcorona, but it is also the DD Altaria and Mega Diancie check. Last but not least, Volcorona is the team's set-up-sweeper that is able to freely set up on Pokemon such as Magic Guard Clefable, Altaria and Mega Sableye. I chose to use Bug Buzz over Hidden Power Ground simply due to the fact that it pretty much has to beat Latios since this team can struggle with it, and Keldeo is a very safe switch in to Heatran.

Team 2

MegaMan and Torn-T form one of the more flexible cores being able to fit on a ton of team archetypes. I thought about what annoyed the core and the few things that stood out did not appreciate Toxic Spikes. Because of that, Tentacruel found itself a spot on the team. In addition to t spikes, Tentacruel gives the team a hazard remover and a switch in to Zard Y, Gengar, Azumarill, and Clefable. Next, I added Hippowdon for its ability to blanket-check many of OU's top threats and for Stealth Rock. SDef Skarm was added to check Mega fairies and to set spikes for the purpose of wearing down most grounded 'mons. Lastly, I wanted a way to beat Mega Sableye other than Tentacruel + a win con that could clean after the hazards took their toll on the opposition. That win con would be Belly Drum Chesnaught. BD Ches is able to 6-0 many builds (sometimes just with rocks up, xD) if the opp gives just one opening (examples: Ferro setting spikes, Rotom going for wisp, Lando locked in EQ, etc). Besides taking souls and diamonds, Naught gives my team a solid Mega Gyarados check and a backup check to Bisharp. Mhm, that's the team.

Manectric @ Manectite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Team 3

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Mega Manectric+Tornadus-T was a very enjoyable core to build around bringing the team into a offensive momentum-based direction focused on wearing down the opponents team before overwhelming it. Mega Manectric and Torn-T have pretty standard sets with AV Torn being chosen over LO Torn due to its ability to check a number of common threats. Heat Wave was a late addition to Tornadus' moveset as this team was annoyed by Scizor and Ferrothorn (for Ferrothorn its more accurate). To go with this core I added a pokemon who could take advantage of the momentum gained and use it to break the opposing team. For this I chose Specs Keldeo. Keldeo is a pokemon who has found its way onto a lot of teams of mine lately due to its splashability, ability to break through its counters, useful typing including a dark resist and an excellent dual STAB combination. Now generally Volt-Turn cores are hindered by hazards as they stop these cores from doing what they want to; Switching in and out. To alleviate this I turned to Latias who is one of the premier defoggers in the tier along with Latios. Latias > Latios because Healing Wish is extremely useful. I went with Thunderbolt as my secondary attack to help with bulky waters. The next team slot was a slot which changed a fair number of times but my choice in the end is easily the best fit. Weavile is great in the current meta taking advantage of two major metagame trends: The rise of Bulky Grounds such as Landorus, Gliscor and Bulky Chomp and the rise of Psychic types such as Mega and normal Zam, Celebi, Jirachi, Slowking and smogon's lovechild Reunclus as well as the continued promience of the Lati Twins and Mega Metagross. Due to this Weavile often acts as my late-game cleaner, coming in after the opposing team has been softened up and closing out the game. Weavile also provides Pursuit support which is amazing in conjunction with Keldeo who can really run through teams with mons like Lati@s, Celebi, Starmie or Slowking as their only Keldeo checks. Finally, I needed a hazard setter and a steel type to take care of the numerous psychics and fairies that roam around this meta. It was a toss-up but I went with Ferrothorn for its ability to check/counter Mega Diancie and most Mega Altaria variants. Overall, this team functions very well and while it does have some weakness you can't cover everything right?

Team 4

With Torn-T and Manectric, I decided that my team was going to be offensive volt-turn. I use the physical acrobatics set over AV because I don't like missing hurricanes and it allowed me to use taunt, which is really good on a base 121 speed mon, especially for shutting down opposing stealth rock leads. Also, superpower can kill T-tar more reliably. The Manectric set is standard. I added banded Scizor to supplement the volt-turn core because a slow switch is usually better than a fast switch, and banded Scizor can check many of the mons that boost their speed (Landorus, Diancie, Megagross, Altaria, being the key threats). Since volt-turn teams usually lack in wallbreaking power, I decided to use both pursuit and knock off because of their utility against bulkier teams. Because Lopunny is a cancerous mon (design wise and competitively), I added a lure Terrakion which sets up rocks and lives the combination of a fake out and high jump kick thanks to its chople berry. Toxic is there to wear down bulky ground types like Hippowdon that like to switch in to Scizor and Manectric. Since volt-turn mons need a way to remove hazards, I added defog Latias with healing wish, which is a standard set. Healing wish allows me to revive Terrakion in case Bisharp switches in. Latias also switches into Keldeo, Manaphy, and a few other offensive threats so they will be hard pressed to get kills. Finally, my team looked weak to stall and Mega Sableye in general so I added one of the best nonmega wallbreaking fairy types, Azumarill. Additional priority is always nice for fast offensive threats like sand rush Excadrill, and Azumarill is more effective thanks to Terrakion's toxic and Torn-T's taunt to prevent recovery.

Tornadus-Therian (M)
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Terrakion @ Chople Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Team 5

This team abuses Tornadus-T's and Mega-Manectric's great capability of pivoting to provide free switches for an underrated wallbreaker in the ORAS metagame: Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt puts heavy pressure on defensive and Balanced teams both Mega-Manectric and Tornadus-Therian struggle with. Swords Dance allows Crawdaunt to break through Ferrothorn, Azumarill and Mandibuzz, as well as possibly sweep late-game against Offensive Teams that don't have super effective priority. Mega-Manectric works best against Offensive Teams, but also makes for a great pivot early-game with Volt Switch. Tornadus-Therian performs a similar role, being able to sponge most Special Hits, mainly from Keldeo, Serperior and Landorus-I without Rock Slide and forcing them out. It can then keep up offensive momentum with U-turn or cripple its checks by Knocking their item off.
Since all three provide too much opportunities for Mega-Altaria to set up, Talonflame was added to check Physical Mega-Altaria as well as Clefable and Mega-Sableye. Will-o-wisp is great for crippling most of its Switch-ins and, in combination with having no item, allows it to actually set-up on Bisharp and Physical Altaria. Despite that, Fast Physical Attackers, mainly Mega-Lopunny, Mega-Metagross and Talonflame, are still troublesome, so Rocky Helmet Garchomp is used to wear these Pokemon down and bring them in range of its teammembers' attacks. Besides, Garchomp provides Stealth Rocks and cripples Bulky Grounds with Toxic. Finally, the team is easily worn down by Hazards, so Bulky Starmie provides the necessary Rapid Spin support, while also checking Keldeo and Mega-Metagross.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Icy Wind
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Psyshock

Team 6

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 76 SpD / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

The main advantage of this team is the VoltTurn core combined to hazards. It is really good, because VoltTurn forces a lot of switches. Furthermore, Manectric s'checks are usually grounded, like Hippowdon, Raikou, etc... Starmie is the hazard remover, while Ferrothorn and Garchomp set up hazards. Heatran completes the FWG core and helps to stallbreak. Chople Berry on Ferrothorn helps against Conkeldurr, Azumarill with Superpower, Gardevoir-Mega and so on. Psyshock on Starmie is really needed, else SubCM Keldeo 6-0 my team. Garchomp have 96 Spd to outspeed Bisharp, and 76 SpD to help against Charizard Y.

Team 7

My first reaction to this core was that both Pokemon benefited from Rain, so I went with that as the team archetype, even though I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only one doing it. Movesets are standard: Overheat > Flamethrower on Megaman so it would actually do damage under rain if need be, and also because I have a small problem with bulkier teams. Torn-T is utilizing the Life Orb set, due to the nature of the team being offensive; I also didn't really have a problem with the Pokemon that the AV set deals with that the LO set doesn't. Politoed is the obvious next partner. After this, I needed an Electric check, a Swift Swimmer or two, a Rocks setter, and a Rocks remover. Kabutops and Seismitoed compress those roles well, and also hit on both sides of the attacking spectrum. Kabutops has Aqua Jet > Low Kick since I already had so many fighting-type attacks on my team, and it allows Kabutops to revenge-kill even outside of Rain. At this moment, I realized I didn't really have anything for Fairies in general, as well as setup sweepers that my Swift Swim Pokemon couldn't manage to KO. I also needed a way to deal with the Lati twins, and the team generally appreciated U-Turn support. Scizor fell into those roles perfectly, securing the last slot on the team. It also helped that it in turn appreciated Rain.

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 216 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Politoed (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet

Seismitoad (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Team 8

So the core given was Torn-t+Megaman. Besides being an scary offensive pivot duo, these two get a benefit from rain... there's when klefki comes in play. Spikes, toxic for fat walls and dazzling gleam to avoid being taunt bait and of course rain dance because this is a rain team and prankster assures (most of the time) i have some rain on the field.
Making this a rain team i added scizor which is always nice to have in this kind of team (banded because of normal sciz) giving me a powerful slow u-turn, strong priority, pursuit trapping and general utility in knock off, plus rain makes fire attaks weaker so non stab fire attack that usually could kill scizor now just can't.
What is a rain team without a good water abuser ?. Being unable to use megapert and already quite full of special attackers i chose kabutops (i'm the only one that wants this thing to have a mega?). Kabutops comes with a nice offensive typing and comes with rapid spin and the ability to further boost himself in swords dance Kabutops makes for a solid late game cleaner. The spread given outspeeds jolly m-gyara at +1 ! under rain (if you feel that swords dance is not that necesity, rock polish is also a good addition that helps you get that speed tier without rain !.
Lastly but not least i added garchomp already having an steel type (or two) and a fairy i added the dragon, Fatchomp is amazing rigth now and i've found myself using it a lot lately. SR and Dragon tail are kind of standard on this garchomp, EQ beacause of being an amazing stab to have on any team, hits like a train even un boosted and added sword dance because getting a surprise boost can give you the game while swapping targets with Dragon tail

EVs: 112 HP / 20 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Klefki @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rain Dance
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 164 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Team 9

First time posting a team. Basically, I took the core, then checked out the good cores page and worked it until I had enough resists. I like the VoltTurn options, turning to the appropriate Drag/Steel/Fairy core resist, or swapping to Manaphy/Clefable for the setup. It's SpA heavy, which is why both Tornadus and Clefable run Knock-Off.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Also to the person who made team 9. Next time add more for your explanation. However, I added your team anyway, just remember to write about 5 lines next time.

AM Edit: When you guys read this do this for any teams you post, as in don't make a description that looks like a 1st grade essay. More than 4 sentences would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 9

is the only one that doesn't autolose to basic threats in the meta. 3/4 of these teams just lose to Talonflame lol.

Team 6
Looks the bthe best. I dont like team 9 as even with mana its not breaking stuff like chansey easy and seems easy to wall. Also torn should be running lo with superpower on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)