Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And Team 11 by CrystalRam has won this fantastic round. Will be added to the hall of fame shortly. Man, you guys had some fun in this round, damn! There was even a freaking wailord.

Now it is time to move on, lets get to the next round!

ROUND 34:

+
/
/

Heck yeah, boys, we have a new beautiful pokemon at our disposal. Volcanion is a great addition, having an unique typing while being a ridiculous wallbreaker with really spammable STABs, but still struggle with mons like the latis and this is where pursuit support enters! The theme of this new teambuilding round is Volcanion + Pursuit Trapper

Deadline is on Thursday Night 11:00 PM GMT -5

Have fun everyone!

p2

Banned deucer.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Heart Stamp
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

i call this team untitled 19. specs volc + bandttar is pretty insane right now because ttar completely shits on all mons that can try attempt beating volc apart from other volcs and that's where mega latias comes in, acts as a win condition after volc has burned everything and ttar has trapped everything, preventing stuff like opposing latis from ruining your day. but then i kinda just went with the generic goon offense route, throwing on a steel, lando and keld, because they check a load of threats like gard / sand / zard / bish / weav etc. good stuff, and unlike other goon offenses this rarely loses to stall because idk what beats volc + bandtar + subcm keld. hot stuff

Last edited:

PLEASE (Volcanion) @ Mystic Water
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave

DONT (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit

LET (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

ME (Landorus-Therian) @ Passho Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

SEE (Cacturne) @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

WEAVILE (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed

Inconsistent builds are the most fun haha...
okay so I wanted to base the team around Dragonite + Volcanion. Dragonite tends to lure in things like Skarmory and Hippowdon, things that Volcanion can abuse very thoroughly. I have HP Grass Volcanion + Cacturne so that I can actually lure bulky waters who don't scout for HP Grass because 'lol he has a cacturne'. Cacturne was chosen as an offensive spiker + water resist since I didn't want to use something like Chesnaught. Weavile and Keldeo are issues as I only have "don't let it switch in" and "let dragonite switch in on secret sword" as potential checks. 3 set up mons including one that completely murders quagsire means that stall can be hard pressed to beat it. guess you can run like latias or something over cacturne.

Actually nah rofl I shouldn't try building with a hangover.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is a pretty fun bulky offense team that I've been using a bit lately with volc, so I thought that I might as well post it here. Basically specs volc hits like a truck and can decimate teams when used in tandem with pivots. MMeta has tpunch to pressure waters, pursuit to trap lati twins, and stabs to hit shit hard and wallbreak. It is a cool fairy check for fairies like mega alt and mdiancie that threaten volc while also checking clef, which normally can set up vs volc on the switch. Starmie is the mandatory hazard removal with volc and is a cool wallbreaker that can not only pressure waters but also not make me get rid of rocks when i set them up. It checks rock types and shit that volc doesn't wanna deal with while also beating fat grounds/dragons with ice beam. lando is a fat, slow pivot that can sap up hits from physical attackers and punish random u-turners. After that, fast wisp tran was added to check a few random threats to the team like bisharp and tflame while also being a fire type aside from volc to check shit like sciz. lastly, celebi was added as a mon to break waters and check most of them while also being a possible nasty passer into volc for late games vs fat teams, and its baton pass can come in very handy for gaining momentum and free switches for volc when shit like rotom is forced to pivot out. This team is a lot of fun to play with and I recommend that you guys should at least try it out when you have the time to. If you find weavile annoying to deal with, you can use talon>tran or bp mmeta if u want, but I don't like teams that are too reliant on starmie for hazard control and weav isn't usually a problem to play around if you play well since it can't switch in on anything bar celebi, who's clicking bp 90% of the time anyways.
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Pursuit

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Bomb

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast/Magma Storm/Flamethrower (depending on ur luck)
- Taunt
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Last edited:

Press X and spam Steam Eruption. Volcanion good STAB and coverage is great to put pressure on the opposing team. Bisharp removes items, LatiTwin and others like Slowking and Starmie.
Raikou great speed tier, hits water types and forms a Volt-Turn core with Landorus-T, helping Volcanion/Bisharp/Heracross to switch. Earth Plate to hit strong Mega Sableye, helping to use my rocks.
Starmie standart spinner, Reflect Type because of the many Pursuit users in the metagame, and also to prevent Leech Seed every time against Ferrothorn.
Finally, Mega Hera is my stallbreaker, Adamant Nature is able to 2HKO in standart Clefable with Rock Blast, Substitute is amazing and leaves me in a comfortable situation to attack.

Geyser (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Bisharp (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Volt-Tiger (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tiger-Turn (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Heracross (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Edit.:

Last edited:

The team
Volcanion @ Mystic Water
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Bomb

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Iron Head

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Building process
I started with the core of volcanion and mega metagross. I chose mystic water because i dont want to be locked into one move. Hp grass is for quaqsire and seismatoad. I chose not to run icepunch on mega metagross because i didnt think it was necesary with a kyurem black on the team. Then i added cb terrakion because its a mon ive been wanting to try out and it ohkos opposing volcanions. There also arent many mons that can switch into it especially since less people are using hippowdon due to volcanions release. Next up I added a defensive landorus t since i needed a rocker, a ground and electric resist. Next i added a roost latios for defog and to help check volcanion. Finally i added kyurem black to check fast megas such as mega mane, loppuny and sceptile. I know having iron head on terrakion and kyurem seems redundant with the mega metagross but i need the iron head on terrakion for clefs and without iron head on kyurem black diance can be a huge threat

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-361594135
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-361597064
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-361999384
Will add more replays later

edit: when not even mr aldo like ur post :(

Attachments

Last edited:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

So the initial idea was Volcanion+U-Turn Mega Scizor which I found form quite an interesting core, with Mega Scizor drawing in a lot of Volcanion bait such as Heatran, Talonflame, most steels and Defensive Lando-T, giving Volcanion as many free hits as possible. Scizor also checks most of the pokemon that people are sending out to handle Volcanion helping to either wear them down or gain momentum. Next, I added Lando-T who in addition to covering so many threats and providing rocks forms a "Turn-Turn" core with Scizor. Rocky Helmet discourages U-turns and pokemon like Talonflame from spamming their attacks. Latias offers good defensive synergy, Defog, a useful healing wish that allows me to play my Volcanion a little more recklessly and a pseudo Volcanion check of my own. Weavile was actually added next as a pursuit trapper, some much needed speed and an offensive threat in general who is able to clean after Volcanion has done its job. Finally, Breloom completes a FWG core with Volcanion (I've been waiting so long to say that), acts as a Bisharp check, a lead, and all-round useful addition, especially with all these people running fighting-weak Pursuit trappers to aid their Volcanion(s? Volcanioni?) that give Breloom a free spore (also I've seen a lot of Suicunes recently for some reason). Breloom is also a beneficiary of pursuit and some other pokemon Scizor U-turns on such as Rotom-W (which I've been seeing a lot more of recently) and Keldeo.

Gonna post one of my more recent volcanion builds that I have been enjoying a lot and have been doing really well with, but I hope no one is opposed if I decide to change it entirely before the deadline as I have been building a lot of other volc teams with more conventional mega's. (I get bonus points for creativity though :D)

So this team started off with the idea of Volcanion + M-Sceptile. Volcanion is extremely threatening to slower teams where it can outrun and KO/heavily damage a majority of their mons, whereas Sceptile is very fast and threatening to offensive teams, especially when you can use substitute on switches. Sceptile discourages the use of electric attacks for volcanion and also offensively threatens a lot of things that threaten volcanion (like offensive ground / dragon types), while also luring in steels and grasses like Scizor, Jirachi, and Amoonguss which volcanion can come in on and dish out a massive hit. I chose landorus as my ground rocker for the momentum, ground immunity (which makes it a more reliable excadrill answer than garchomp), and helmet to punish u-turn. Scarf Jirachi was a natural choice to check fairies and dragons a bit more solidly, and have some solid speed and healing wish if I ever needed it. Band Tar is absolutely amazing (not just with volc, its a freaking beast) for its breaking prowess, pursuit, and solid natural bulk. It also scares off a lot of thundurus if you lead with it (which is kinda threatening to my team) so you can pursuit for the ohko. Band zu adds to the breaking core by pummeling a lot of water checks, and inviting volcanion / ttar to come in on the stuff that beats it. In addition to the double-water overloading of azu + volc, azu can act as a secondary check to darks, dragons, and a myriad of other stuff thanks to its great typing which gives you more liberty to keep other mons healthy when you need to.
Overall, i've found the team to be very enjoyable and also extremely effective. Sceptile is actually pretty underrated because while it is considered weak (in the breaking department), it still has a high base 145 SAtk stat and is extremely threatening to offensive teams, while volcanion is a splendid partner to break down fatter builds. The rest of the team just clicks so that the final product has a variety of breakers, cleaners, and solid defensive utility as well.

Volcanion is Earth Power to beat opposing volcanion, and HP Electric because I wanted to have an option to hit gyarados and opposing waters. I feel like HP Electric is potentially replaceable though.

Sceptile is substitute since it gives scept a lot of nice cleaning ability when it forces switches. More situationally, it can LO Stall and also create sucker punch mind games if you need to. Leaf Storm > Giga because sceptile needs all the power it can get, and leaf storm is actually pretty strong despite what they say about sceptile being weak.

Knock Lando because the utility is nice, and I didn't see any particular need for stone edge

Azu actually used to be knock but I never even needed my 4th move once, so I decided to be cute and change it to Focus Punch right now. This thing ohko's Volcanion after rocks (252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Focus Punch vs. 72 HP / 4 Def Volcanion: 254-299 (79.6 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock) and still has the regular use of superpower for ohko'ing ferrothorn. It also puts some nifty pressure on skarmory, since it does over half to physdef and it can't afford to roost on a focus punch.
Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Last edited:

So the squad is fire. Volcanion + Sand is just terribly good atm since Volc obliterates balance/stall having basically 0 switchins and Exca kills everything on offense in the sand. Smooth Rock Adamant Max Atk TTar provides everything you need to support the guys (trapping Latis if your oppo considers them switchins to Volc, Rocks, 8 turns of sand) and is overall a great mon in this meta. Sceptile is a great partner to Volc (as everyone realized) and kills the bulky water types who are prolly the only decent checks to the red guy. SD Jolly Scep is criminally underrated as it both threatens offense with his great speed tier but also poses a threat to more defensive builds. Added a somehow good defensive core to cover a decent chuck of the meta and provide Spikes (hazard stacking helps Exca in his cleaning duties and reduces Volc checks to 0). Colbur Berry SpD Jelly as someone noted on the metagame thread is maybe the best check to opposing Volc+Pursuit builds and also provides crucial spinblocking. Skarm is one of the most consistent mons ever and beats tons of physical attackers: Helmet over Leftovers to punish everyone who gets too close, everything else is pretty straightforward. JellySkarm + Volc are weak to Electrics but once Scept gets Mega I have 2 immunities and TTar takes Volt Switch decently, so not a huge problem anyway. Can't see a lot of weaknesses (tested the team and it works really well) but no team is bulletproof when you have 589243 mons around.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Drain Punch

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

So the squad is fire. Volcanion + Sand is just terribly good atm since Volc obliterates balance/stall having basically 0 switchins and Exca kills everything on offense in the sand. Smooth Rock Adamant Max Atk TTar provides everything you need to support the guys (trapping Latis if your oppo considers them switchins to Volc, Rocks, 8 turns of sand) and is overall a great mon in this meta. Sceptile is a great partner to Volc (as everyone realized) and kills the bulky water types who are prolly the only decent checks to the red guy. SD Jolly Scep is criminally underrated as it both threatens offense with his great speed tier but also poses a threat to more defensive builds. Added a somehow good defensive core to cover a decent chuck of the meta and provide Spikes (hazard stacking helps Exca in his cleaning duties and reduces Volc checks to 0). Colbur Berry SpD Jelly as someone noted on the metagame thread is maybe the best check to opposing Volc+Pursuit builds and also provides crucial spinblocking. Skarm is one of the most consistent mons ever and beats tons of physical attackers: Helmet over Leftovers to punish everyone who gets too close, everything else is pretty straightforward. JellySkarm + Volc are weak to Electrics but once Scept gets Mega I have 2 immunities and TTar takes Volt Switch decently, so not a huge problem anyway. Can't see a lot of weaknesses (tested the team and it works really well) but no team is bulletproof when you have 589243 mons around.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Drain Punch

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
I hate to be that guy but this looks a lot like arcphantom's team from round 12

I hate to be that guy but this looks a lot like arcphantom's team from round 12
Ok seen the team now and they really look similar, I obv don't have any way to prove I hadn't seen it before so I'm fine with whatever you guys wanna do.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I don't think it's a big deal and the "I hate to be that guy" thing is no naggy and cringe man lol why do people constantly do that sort of nitpicking. If you hated to be that guy you wouldn't have been that guy so you clearly love it. It's a sand build half of them look the same / follow the same formula anyways lol. Cut the dude some slack.

AOJ I think some of your spreads are dooky though. Probably would help to find tune them a bit.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Drain Punch

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
If I were you I'd think about running Chople Berry on T-tar because Mega Zam just kind of grabs you by the balls and refuses to let go, or at least run a more SpD spread on Skarm, Phys Def Skarm is ass it doesn't wall anything with a special move and lots of physical Pokemon can bust through it (CB Tar, Bish, Terrak, LO SD Chomp). Gengar can be a bitch too, you have zero switch-ins and every time it comes in it basically gets a free kill or does like 1000% to something. Does an unboosted D-Claw from Scep even kill Gengar lol? Smooth Rock is really nice for Exca but seriously auto losing to Mega Zam is terrible and trapping both it and Gengar would be very beneficial for your team. Also Zam can be annoying for Volc too because it traces Water Absorb, so another reason why Chople is great.

252 Atk Mega Sceptile Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 177-208 (68.3 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ew.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Volcanion @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 HP / 176 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
[4/21/16, 7:39:27 PM] Aldo: AM is gonna bring the volcanion + mega steelix
[4/21/16, 7:39:30 PM] Aldo: RU represent

No, stick to writing novelas. I felt like playing around with M-Alt / Volcanion felt like Whitequeen overrating the shit out of Mega Altaria would be a good opportunity to use it. I chose Metagross as the pursuiter just to try a different feel and I knew M-Alt would have big issues with some fairies like Diancie and Clef. I've been liking fat drill lately just to role compress rocks and removing hazards. Uh I forgot why I chose SubCM Keld maybe for some defensive waters and an easier matchup with Amoonguss perhaps but w/e. Rotom-W to help with sand and the usual stuff it checks. Teams weak to Kyurem-B.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 48 Atk / 204 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Diancie-Mega + Volcanion is a core that I really like. Volcanion can handle threat like Azumarill and remove walls like Ferrothron for Mega Dance. I decided to add Glister to the team since I felt the core is somewhat weak to stall team. Moreover, Gliscor provided much needed ground immunity as both Diancie-Mega + Volcanion are weak to ground. T-tar was added to trap the likes of Latis-Twin. Mew acts as a glue for the team as it can stomach strong hits and has solid recovery. Jirachi is my last mon since it provides u-turn, healing wish, SR and hax.

Last edited:

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 124 Def / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 5 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Trick

So I decided to pair Volcanion with CB Tyranitar as the pursuit user, due to how they both hit hard on their side of the spectrum and I didn't want Weavile due to it being another sr 'mon plus it is kinda frail compared do Tar.
The idea was to use hazards along these two in order to easily pressure the opponent, majority of hazards remover are scared of Pursuit, it also helps that Skarmory is seein' more usage as a special defensive set, rather than a physical one, Excadrill remained a problem, though, which brings the third member of the team into play: Rocky Helmet Landorus-Therian, with enough speed to outspeed Heatran just to be on the safe side ant the rest thrown in bulk in order to better face Exca, Talonflame isn't a big deal for this core hence the valuable Knock Off over Stone Edge.
with Landorus picked, I already had 2 water weak 'mons, and I cannot rely on Volcanion alone, I mean Keldeo 2hkos with Secret Sword so yeah, it was a threat, dragons were also another problems, cbtar while more powerful does not have the valuable speed of Scarftar after all, I also needed Spikes so the picture was clear: added Ferrothorn in order to get another Water resist, alongside a dragon, grass resists and a valuable asset in Spikes.
Keldeo still remained a problem though, and Volcanion and Tyranitar while powerful were really slow, I needed something that could "slow down" the opposing team while also giving me some security with her bulk and most importantly, synergy; I also didn't have a mega so why not, Thunder Wave Mega Latias joined the ranks.
Lastly, due to me picking hazards i could not seriously pick Defog as a a choice for Volcanion, but the problem remained, stall teams could simply wear me off, I needed something that could 1: give me speed control when I wasn't able to paralyze things 2: give me something akin to a "second chance" if I screwed up at the start of the game, or I needed to weaken one of the two "stars" in order to gain the upperhand against defensive teams, but later in the game I needed that very same 'mon again in order to claim victory. Enter Healing Wish Jirachi, though since I already had 2 choiced users and didn't felt that Keldeo was a big threat for the team by now I decided to go with Trick over Heart Stamp/Zen Headbutt, in order to free Jirachi from the choice item and give it to a defensive 'mon, in order to further improve my chances against stall/defensive teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)