Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

kableye (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

rozes (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

mraldopls (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

thecrystalonix (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

ty-isbroken (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Superpower / U-Turn

mrfeenpls (Slowking) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave / Nasty Plot
- Slack Off
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores.3570645/<- This was the core that i posted/used quite a while ago. I updated the team a while back and am alr using it in the current meta with volc. I still feel that stag wobb would fill the void that this team needs to succeed big time in the current metagame but hey, stag is banned right? Anyway, from first glance you notice that i have a torn without any hazard removal. keep this in mind that you will have to play your torn carefully since its actually the only member that's annoyed by hazards. I built this team with the concept of m-zam + two (one) trapper so that zam can easily remove any weakened threats late game. On HO, Sciz is an extremely powerful support to M-Zam. it helps remove a lot of things that M-Zam naturally doesn't like. M-Gross (S-Ball doesn't kill if timid, and timid is extremely crucial imo in this metagame), Lati-twins, Chansey, Clef, Bisharp, T-Tar, Weavile and some other fairies that have a huge special ass that can come in on M-Zam. What makes this a powerful core is the fact that Sciz is a slow-turner and a hard hitter. Slow turning allows M-Zam to come in safely while hard hitting allows M-Zam's checks to be naturally weakened to the point where M-Zam can just click the appropriate moves and win. Of course, with the recent meta shift, CB Sciz may not be the most optimal choice on teams anymore, but they are still equally pressured by SD LO Zor since it acts as a breaker such that they all get into range of MZor's coverages and conversely SD LO Zor can act as a powerful end game cleaner and muscle past teams. Tankchomp is good for helping me remove/weaken physical checks to Zor such as opposing Zors, Lando, M-Pins, M-Cross, M-Gross, etc such that they are in range of band BP from Zor. Arguably, CB Zor is utter shit in this metagame where volc runs wild and balance archetype reigns to the point where your CB may end up hindering you more, this is why I added two soft checks in the form of Clef and King. Yellow Magic spam allows me tackle on potential scarfers / M-Dactyl who can actually be a problem once king dies. HP Ice Torn T is just for early kills on things like chomp, lando, glis and the likes. SPower can be switched out for U-Turn because heatran and scarf tar are actually easily dealt with and U-turn help provides solid momentum.

e - come on now where's the wobbuffet stag resuspect?!?!?!?!?!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Timid Nature
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Superpower / U-Turn

Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores.3570645/<- This was the core that i posted/used quite a while ago. I updated the team a while back and am alr using it in the current meta with volc. I still feel that stag wobb would fill the void that this team needs to succeed big time in the current metagame but hey, stag is banned right? Anyway, from first glance you notice that i have a torn without any hazard removal. keep this in mind that you will have to play your torn carefully since its actually the only member that's annoyed by hazards. I built this team with the concept of m-zam + two (one) trapper so that zam can easily remove any weakened threats late game. On HO, Sciz is an extremely powerful support to M-Zam. it helps remove a lot of things that M-Zam naturally doesn't like. M-Gross (S-Ball doesn't kill if timid, and timid is extremely crucial imo in this metagame), Lati-twins, Chansey, Clef, Bisharp, T-Tar, Weavile and some other fairies that have a huge special ass that can come in on M-Zam. What makes this a powerful core is the fact that Sciz is a slow-turner and a hard hitter. Slow turning allows M-Zam to come in safely while hard hitting allows M-Zam's checks to be naturally weakened to the point where M-Zam can just click the appropriate moves and win. Of course, with the recent meta shift, CB Sciz may not be the most optimal choice on teams anymore, but they are still equally pressured by SD LO Zor since it acts as a breaker such that they all get into range of MZor's coverages and conversely SD LO Zor can act as a powerful end game cleaner and muscle past teams. Tankchomp is good for helping me remove/weaken physical checks to Zor such as opposing Zors, Lando, M-Pins, M-Cross, M-Gross, etc such that they are in range of band BP from Zor. Arguably, CB Zor is utter shit in this metagame where volc runs wild and balance archetype reigns to the point where your CB may end up hindering you more, this is why I added two soft checks in the form of Clef and King. Yellow Magic spam allows me tackle on potential scarfers / M-Dactyl who can actually be a problem once king dies. HP Ice Torn T is just for early kills on things like chomp, lando, glis and the likes. SPower can be switched out for U-Turn because heatran and scarf tar are actually easily dealt with and U-turn help provides solid momentum.

e - come on now where's the wobbuffet stag resuspect?!?!?!?!?!
I played Master Sunny-EX a few minutes ago and when I saw the sciz / ala I assumed he just grabbed it from here. I didn't really pay too much attention here until I saw that but I'd like to convey some of the issues I saw cause 1. Dont' really care who wins ever 2. better to know than not right?

Maybe I should do this more often, every round has been a landslide lately in the voting stage with 0 discussion of acknowledging flaws (and there's been a ton of them, including teams I've built as always). It's been a bit annoying lately to watch to cause of that because some of the rounds shouldn't have really obvious winners to the level of what we've been seeing. I think the last two-three winners are good though but man the bandwagon is mind numbing now.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-372391396

That's your teams dynamics right there on a regular spike balance build. Everything I'm using is standard, it's pursuit m-zor but other than that only the basics being used so keep that in mind. Tankchomp invites Skarmory to come in and set up Spikes every single time. Having a a couple of psuedo-immunities to Spikes and Torn-T just doesnt seem like enough. It seems hard to maintain offensive momentum so that these Spikers and hazard setters don't get in. My goal from the start was to wear down Chomp and it was super easy due to the threat that M-Zor poses on your team and how Chomp is forced to come in everytime. Fortunately for Sunny I wasn't SD Zor otherwise the moment Chomp was worn down depending on which variant I'm running the game could probably be over. Most Bug Bite variants will do a massive number on the team as Band Scizor is another mon that invites opportunities for your opponent.

I could go into more detail but overanalyzing every single flaw as opposed to acknowledging and working on how you cope with certain archetypes is what I think improves teams better. Teams actually weak to a handful of stuff like if volcarona clicks quiver dance you can probably click X due to the stage in battle volcarona sets up in. Without going into crazy detail of doing some tryhard RMT I suggest you use SD Scizor, you can run it leftovers just as long as you address this issue right here that Sunny pointed out which I agree with. About half of your defensive utility and a bit of your offensive to handle stuff like Clef is relying on these mons that you don't want to wear down but any build with Spikes will do this.

%SunnyORAS: speaking of which because of non protect zam i get bodied by sand rush drill/rain squads also; altho this is one of the rarer offensive squads that doesn't lose to volc (volcanion) via not having switchins/rain because of slowking
teamcali15: :)
%SunnyORAS: also the team p much can't break past sp.def skarm even if i predict it on the switch+get sr damage <- This one specifically. Take what you will out of anything else mentioned.
#AM: if volcarona clicks quiver dance it's actually
#AM: game over
#AM: lol
#AM: cause only bad variants don't run bug buzz

I think you have a good idea in mind it just needs to be fine tuned to cater to a more practical aspect, a lot of builders seem to ignore this. Granted no one is perfect but yeah I figure I would touch up on that so maybe this thread can be useful in learning something other than how to ride the next persons vote.

Last edited:
Yeah the team honestly was fun, but there were a variety of problems i faced. The sand matchup was definitely one, the Sp.Def skarm matchup felt literally unwinnable without Torn-T having to be dragged in over and over again; and yes QD Volcorona does body this squad, but luckily during testing I never encountered this monster. One thing that I really didn't like is that Scizor is supposed to be our fairy check but most of the fairies are on squads that encourage hazards(SR+spikes) being down, so every time MVoir, MDiancie,MAlt is out I have to go to Scizor eat Spikes+SR and by virtue of there being no hazard removal get ever more and more chipped to the point I can't check those threats anymore. SD MScizor is a semi unwinnable matchup if its paired with something that can get Chomp to ~60%, offensive electrics are a tad problematic; I feel you need protect MZam, to not instalose to sand. Talonflame feels terrible for me to play against, and CM Clef is another thing that I noticed was extrmely hard to deal with because Sciz is my only way to force it out but constant hazards or a CM war; will update later but I think the build is fun, can definitely be changed to account for these. Stay memeing ZANBAKUResh !

Just quickly to address the bandwagoning I've been seeing, I definitely felt that in the last two rounds I participated in, there was a bandwagon in my favor that I though was especially noticeable for the volcanion round, where I thought some of the other teams, (for example P2's team striked me as a solid and effective build) were getting way less votes than they should. For the last round I did feel that my team was the best one presented, and while I wanted to discuss the weaknesses I saw in the other teams (i had already discussed the weaknesses of my own team in the description), I feared it would either lead to some sort of bandwagon in my support, or make people believe that my intent was to gain votes. Regardless, I'd like to ask people to really vote on the team they like best, and not the team "everyone is voting for."

Now time to get a second team for this round (where are all the other submissions people???)

For this core, I decided MZor + LO Zam would be best. LO Zam is marginally stronger than Mega Zam and still has a very nice speed tier + the utilty of magic guard, and Mega Zor is significantly better than regular zor because of the stat boost and its ability to sponge knock off pretty well. For my Zam set i'm using LO 4 Atk Hp Ice to bop chomp and lando, helping out with the goal of an mzor sweep. If you're deathly afraid of suicune, however, encore is an option. From here I thought Colbur + TWave Latios could be a really cool addition, since it provides a lot of support for zam by waving stuff like torn, weavile, scarf rachi, etc. and helps me take on scarf tar + keld cores a bit better. Rotom fit in nicely as a secondary water/fire resist that could check a lot of stuff generally like weav/torn/lop/zor/drill, and the momentum it gains is really nice. Heatran + Lando completes the team with good defensive and offensive synergy. Solar Tran helps break fat waters for scizor, and I decided on DD Yache Lando over my typical choice of a choice scarf set to give the team a bit more breaking and sweeping power alongside Scizor. I think the squad has room for tweaks (i have been messing with the sciz/tran/lati sets mainly) but is overall pretty solid. For example, I am considering a more defensive spread on scizor, which allows one to switch into or set-up on stuff like lop or def lando. I am also contemplating Superpower since Tran is a prime target for lati twave, giving sciz the freedom to possibly sweep the opponents team.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 124 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite / Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Last edited:

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hold My Breath.

Speed Of Sound (Alakazam-Mega) (M) @ Alakazite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Hardest Part (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Light it Up (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

In My Place (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Sound & Color (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

Stand By Me (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This is the first time that I reply to this thread, so I'm really excited! As we can see, the core of this 'building phase' is based on Mega Alakazam + Scizor, which, in my opinion, is one of the most funny offensive cores of this meta. My idea, when I was building this team, was really simple: my main (poke)aim was to create a team which might allow an easier Scizor/Alakazam sweep. Because Mega Alakazam struggles with Steel- and Dark- types the most, as it has to rely on an inaccurate Focus Blast to damage them, I've decided to add a Fighting- which, in this case, is Rocky Helmet RestTalk Keldeo. It might seem a gimmick solution, but having a Pokémon that checks threats like Bisharp or Weavile, is really nice for this core. Hazard are really nice too: since Alakazam can OHKO Latios after Stealth Rocks damage. In this case Heatran was the perfect member to add. It checks Mega Sableye, Scizor and even Talonflame, which are really problematic right now. As my team needed a defogger, I added Latias, which, if you want, it might be used as Healing Wish support to heal up our main win conditions: in my case I've decided to run Recover as I like longevity and I didn't want to lose my defogger so easily. Finally, I've decided to run T.Bolt over Psyshock as I decided to add Tornadus Therian as my last member, which, in this case, checks Fighting- types like Keldeo even better than Latias. It's nice bulk combined with the access of a strong STAB which lures pretty much evry Figthing- type, is really useful for this main core. Its access to U-turn can become vital as it allows Mega Kazam and Zor to pick up a kill everytime they come on the field. I think that that's all for this core. It was pretty funny to build a team around it and surely I will come here again to post others new fresh teams with nice cores.:toast:

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.

hello time for more garbage from me. i went with scizor + mega zam because i've been using too much mega scizor lately and i dont particularly like non mega zam that much. so yeah standard stuff scizor can punch holes in stuff and can pursuit megagross which someone brought up before. torn-t really complements this nicely and i wanted to achieve for my life long dream of not making an offense team weak to serperior. i did something, had a keldeo and slowking for some gucci bulky offense but it wasn't working out because exca just 6-0d, but i added lando because its the best mon and removes a ton of issues. it also changed keld to azu for some kind of wincon, bd azu is good so i used it, team would appreciate band sometimes but then ive got no sort of wincon. ttar helps v electrics and the flames set im using softens up stuff on stall like quag / skarmory for azu.

dont let let scizor die or its a total uphill fight against fairies. keld is also annoying just dont be an idiot
Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Energy Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Trick

This was my personal take on the core provided to us, seeing the core instantly made bulky offense with MScizor or a more offensively inclined MZam build pop to mind. I decided to with the MScizor route because of how solid MScizor is in general right now(and also because I feel CB Scizor can be a bit of a liability); I landed up with a standard Rocky Helmet Garchomp lead to help loosely blanket check stuff like Mega Lopunny/Mega Metagross, with an interesting move in endure to force more residual damage on to some physical attackers; followed by Talonflame to give me a reliable method of breaking stall(once Mega Sableye is chipped and taking care of all Mega Scizor variants); Sash Twave Zam with HP:ice to insulate me versus the SD ground types like Garchomp/Landorus-T going round, followed by one of the more solid MScizor sets in the defensive SD set, that can with its checks removed sweep quite easily. To address the Talonflame weakness I noticed in some of the builds I tossed on Rotom-W(also loosely checks Volcanion) and lastly I have Energy Ball Scarf Latios to give me some speed control, and more importantly a way to laugh at rain. It was fun building this team but it is definitely not that solid because I feel the core we were given is extremely restrictive, but this was fun regardless!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just passing to say that this round would be extended until Wednesday 18th at 10:00 PM GMT -5 (Central time). Pretty busy with other stuff to update it right now so yeah.

2 more days to post a team if you want to. :)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Title: PH Pickpocket Dig Shiftry is GOD

This is a pretty solid bulky offense that works decently well while balancing being good vs stall and offense pretty well. The original core was msciz+zam of course since that's what the point of this team was in the first place lol. SD U-turn msciz can u-turn out to zam or other mons that pressure walls when physical tanks try to come in and tank hits from it. Also, zam is really annoyed by bulky fairies and steel types (jirachi, clefable, etc.), and mega sciz can tank hits from those guys pretty easily. Lando was originally added as my primary check to fire types but eventually became a revenge killer that could help check banded terrak, tornt, and mega pinsir, both of whom annoy the team, and I kept it since the team was pretty slow and it can be a cool lategame wincon with scarfed eq when you eliminate bulky grasses and flying types in some cases. Tran was added to check serp and help out with tornt a little bit since heat wave torn obviously has a hard time taking hp off of tran and has to hit multiple hurricanes in a row to beat scizor 1v1. Also, not getting 6-0'd by volcarona is also nice. Clefable was then added since it's the best fucking mon in the tier and offered a second wincon to take some pressure off of msciz and tran in checking torn. tbolt was chosen so that i had a little bit of an easier time dealing with glisc while dealing with waters that annoy the team. Lastly, Latios was added in order to check keld a bit better than clef does and force it to click moves aside from scald vs this team while also offering hazard control. Knock Off is an alternative option on msciz to hit jirachi and bulky psychics that are annoying for zam a bit harder, but the pivoting of u turn is just a bit better. Encore vs sub on zam is basically up to personal preference of which one you like better, but I personally prefer sub. The tran set is so that I can still check fire types like zardx and victini with earth power, but I also maintain the ability to stallbreak with magma storm+taunt. The decision to use rocks tran and scarf lando isntead of vise versa is because the team needed a bit more stallbreaking and with scarftran i would half to rely on clefable to stallbreak. Boltbeam clef helps with the team's weakness to waters as it relies on lati for a water resist, and I don't really want to rely on latios to check it. This team is pretty fun to use overall and should be used.
Scizor @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn/Knock Off

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore/Substitute/Dazzling Gleam

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
FLEX. Anyways, lets move on into our voting round!

Team 1

Timid Nature
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Superpower / U-Turn

Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Team 2

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 124 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite / Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
For this core, I decided MZor + LO Zam would be best. LO Zam is marginally stronger than Mega Zam and still has a very nice speed tier + the utilty of magic guard, and Mega Zor is significantly better than regular zor because of the stat boost and its ability to sponge knock off pretty well. For my Zam set i'm using LO 4 Atk Hp Ice to bop chomp and lando, helping out with the goal of an mzor sweep. If you're deathly afraid of suicune, however, encore is an option. From here I thought Colbur + TWave Latios could be a really cool addition, since it provides a lot of support for zam by waving stuff like torn, weavile, scarf rachi, etc. and helps me take on scarf tar + keld cores a bit better. Rotom fit in nicely as a secondary water/fire resist that could check a lot of stuff generally like weav/torn/lop/zor/drill, and the momentum it gains is really nice. Heatran + Lando completes the team with good defensive and offensive synergy. Solar Tran helps break fat waters for scizor, and I decided on DD Yache Lando over my typical choice of a choice scarf set to give the team a bit more breaking and sweeping power alongside Scizor. I think the squad has room for tweaks (i have been messing with the sciz/tran/lati sets mainly) but is overall pretty solid. For example, I am considering a more defensive spread on scizor, which allows one to switch into or set-up on stuff like lop or def lando. I am also contemplating Superpower since Tran is a prime target for lati twave, giving sciz the freedom to possibly sweep the opponents team.

Team 3

Speed Of Sound (Alakazam-Mega) (M) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Hardest Part (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Light it Up (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

In My Place (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Sound & Color (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog

Stand By Me (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off
This is the first time that I reply to this thread, so I'm really excited! As we can see, the core of this 'building phase' is based on Mega Alakazam + Scizor, which, in my opinion, is one of the most funny offensive cores of this meta. My idea, when I was building this team, was really simple: my main (poke)aim was to create a team which might allow an easier Scizor/Alakazam sweep. Because Mega Alakazam struggles with Steel- and Dark- types the most, as it has to rely on an inaccurate Focus Blast to damage them, I've decided to add a Fighting- which, in this case, is Rocky Helmet RestTalk Keldeo. It might seem a gimmick solution, but having a Pokémon that checks threats like Bisharp or Weavile, is really nice for this core. Hazard are really nice too: since Alakazam can OHKO Latios after Stealth Rocks damage. In this case Heatran was the perfect member to add. It checks Mega Sableye, Scizor and even Talonflame, which are really problematic right now. As my team needed a defogger, I added Latias, which, if you want, it might be used as Healing Wish support to heal up our main win conditions: in my case I've decided to run Recover as I like longevity and I didn't want to lose my defogger so easily. Finally, I've decided to run T.Bolt over Psyshock as I decided to add Tornadus Therian as my last member, which, in this case, checks Fighting- types like Keldeo even better than Latias. It's nice bulk combined with the access of a strong STAB which lures pretty much evry Figthing- type, is really useful for this main core. Its access to U-turn can become vital as it allows Mega Kazam and Zor to pick up a kill everytime they come on the field. I think that that's all for this core. It was pretty funny to build a team around it and surely I will come here again to post others new fresh teams with nice cores.:toast:

Team 4

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
hello time for more garbage from me. i went with scizor + mega zam because i've been using too much mega scizor lately and i dont particularly like non mega zam that much. so yeah standard stuff scizor can punch holes in stuff and can pursuit megagross which someone brought up before. torn-t really complements this nicely and i wanted to achieve for my life long dream of not making an offense team weak to serperior. i did something, had a keldeo and slowking for some gucci bulky offense but it wasn't working out because exca just 6-0d, but i added lando because its the best mon and removes a ton of issues. it also changed keld to azu for some kind of wincon, bd azu is good so i used it, team would appreciate band sometimes but then ive got no sort of wincon. ttar helps v electrics and the flames set im using softens up stuff on stall like quag / skarmory for azu.

dont let let scizor die or its a total uphill fight against fairies. keld is also annoying just dont be an idiot

Team 5

Scizor @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Energy Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
This was my personal take on the core provided to us, seeing the core instantly made bulky offense with MScizor or a more offensively inclined MZam build pop to mind. I decided to with the MScizor route because of how solid MScizor is in general right now(and also because I feel CB Scizor can be a bit of a liability); I landed up with a standard Rocky Helmet Garchomp lead to help loosely blanket check stuff like Mega Lopunny/Mega Metagross, with an interesting move in endure to force more residual damage on to some physical attackers; followed by Talonflame to give me a reliable method of breaking stall(once Mega Sableye is chipped and taking care of all Mega Scizor variants); Sash Twave Zam with HP:ice to insulate me versus the SD ground types like Garchomp/Landorus-T going round, followed by one of the more solid MScizor sets in the defensive SD set, that can with its checks removed sweep quite easily. To address the Talonflame weakness I noticed in some of the builds I tossed on Rotom-W(also loosely checks Volcanion) and lastly I have Energy Ball Scarf Latios to give me some speed control, and more importantly a way to laugh at rain. It was fun building this team but it is definitely not that solid because I feel the core we were given is extremely restrictive, but this was fun regardless!

Team 6

Scizor @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn/Knock Off

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore/Substitute/Dazzling Gleam

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
This is a pretty solid bulky offense that works decently well while balancing being good vs stall and offense pretty well. The original core was msciz+zam of course since that's what the point of this team was in the first place lol. SD U-turn msciz can u-turn out to zam or other mons that pressure walls when physical tanks try to come in and tank hits from it. Also, zam is really annoyed by bulky fairies and steel types (jirachi, clefable, etc.), and mega sciz can tank hits from those guys pretty easily. Lando was originally added as my primary check to fire types but eventually became a revenge killer that could help check banded terrak, tornt, and mega pinsir, both of whom annoy the team, and I kept it since the team was pretty slow and it can be a cool lategame wincon with scarfed eq when you eliminate bulky grasses and flying types in some cases. Tran was added to check serp and help out with tornt a little bit since heat wave torn obviously has a hard time taking hp off of tran and has to hit multiple hurricanes in a row to beat scizor 1v1. Also, not getting 6-0'd by volcarona is also nice. Clefable was then added since it's the best fucking mon in the tier and offered a second wincon to take some pressure off of msciz and tran in checking torn. tbolt was chosen so that i had a little bit of an easier time dealing with glisc while dealing with waters that annoy the team. Lastly, Latios was added in order to check keld a bit better than clef does and force it to click moves aside from scald vs this team while also offering hazard control. Knock Off is an alternative option on msciz to hit jirachi and bulky psychics that are annoying for zam a bit harder, but the pivoting of u turn is just a bit better. Encore vs sub on zam is basically up to personal preference of which one you like better, but I personally prefer sub. The tran set is so that I can still check fire types like zardx and victini with earth power, but I also maintain the ability to stallbreak with magma storm+taunt. The decision to use rocks tran and scarf lando isntead of vise versa is because the team needed a bit more stallbreaking and with scarftran i would half to rely on clefable to stallbreak. Boltbeam clef helps with the team's weakness to waters as it relies on lati for a water resist, and I don't really want to rely on latios to check it. This team is pretty fun to use overall and should be used.

Voting round last until Friday 20th at 10:00 PM GMT -5 (Central time). May the best one win, etc, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)