Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

Can I request a core based on M-Zam (standard set) and LO KyuB? I'm looking for a balanced team but if you come up with a more offensive version I'm ok too

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Requested by: ericaroselia

Core:

Team:
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Goodra @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Muddy Water

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Jirachi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 64 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
I'm gonna go ahead and say that I didn't enjoy building this team at all, hey at least I'm honest right? I think Goodras niche is fine and all until you realize its small as hell and not exactly hard to account for as much as people like to exaggerate, getting swamped by grasses. There is so many other things I would have liked to use and will use when I replace Goodra with something much more useful. I figured however in light of recent events where the finest of Smogon players are calling the Ghostbusters as we speak, I would treat the plebs of the OU Forum to another small gift. Also screw lingering over builds for too long lol.

M-Latias was put here cause teams matchup against Keldeo and Heatran was kind of tough as hell so just went with the set you see there. SD Driller to clean up offense since I had a hard time with certain things like M-Diancie bulky offenses. Goodra, I guess it does something when it's not dying to Diancie and friends :/. Everyones favorite ©Clefable set more defense its matchup against Chomp and Lati a bit more easy. Bandtar functions as the wallbreaker and sand setter for Excadrill. It's a pretty standard set and I just kept it to Earthquake since it's a pretty easy to spam move but you can opt for Superpower if you want to break stuff like Ferro and other ttars more easily. Rachi acts the rock setter and second way to handle Clef after Excadrill. Yes there is like a million checks to Latis as bludz put it, teams kind of weak to M-Zor so when you realize Goodra is booty you can put a water to cover that like Keld. Enjoy

When there's something strange
In your neighborhood
Who you gonna call?
GHOST BUSTERS!!!!

Edit: Goodra was Hasty for a moment calling the ghostbusters dont panic.

Could I please request a team based around Metagross and Togikiss. These are probably two of my favorite pokemon. I'd prefer a dragon as the third of the core but am unsure as to who would be best. I'm honestly too fast paced for a stall team, so something that is part HO, part Balanced is perfect.

Sets:

Metagross (Don't know if he should be the mega)
Meteor Mash
Ice Punch
Zen Headbutt
If Mega Agility // If not Bullet Punch/EQ

Togikiss
Roost
Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Air Slash

Requesting a build around a Desert core of -tyranitar, charizard-y and excadrill.

The desert core works with tyranitar providing support to excadrill in the worrm of sand while getting rid of counters and checks to charizard-y such as lati@s, talonflame, charizard-x ect.Mean while charizard-y offers a complete nuke to the bulky graas and ground types excadril and charizard despise as well as covering for the three's shared water weakness with intense sun. Excadril in mean while is able to outspeed many threats to both pokemon, namely mega-diance.

@ choice band
Adamant
100 Hp / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

@ Life orb
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe /4 Hp
-Iron head
-Rappid spin
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Modest
252 SpA / 4 SpD /252 Spe
-Solarbeam
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Roost

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello HailFall long time without building around Thund-T, guess ebelt could work best because you can bluff a choice item, but that's up to you. Also i think Fire blast is a better move because you can spamed without switch in next turn due to -2 drop. With this core having a lot of offensive pressure and both walled by Chansey i decided to incorporate 2 mons to pivot around and wittled/knock off Chansey's eviolite, the first is Torn-T i decided to go with a bit more bulk because Latias lack of recovery and could be pressured a lot, and i paired with Lando-t to keep the offensive momentum as well is the mon the setup rocks. The mega of choice is MSciz to take better on Fairies as well keeping the concept of gaining offensive momentum for Volcanion, and last the glue of the team is Latias, give the team the much needed Defog support as well HW to bring back to full late game some of the others mons. Enjoy!
Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 136 SpD / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasup ! Wawawabbit prettr straigforward core, is just basically wear down each other check and sweep late game with Gatr or Serp, the team only needs a bit of support because the idea of the team is you always been in the driver sit, so i add Hippo to take care of physical threats and setting up rocks, then i added a reliable defoger on Latias, i decided go with the bulky spread and Roost over HW because you need longevity but HW is also usefull if you wanna be more offensive. As my last slot needed a pursuit trapper because Lati@s are really anoying, so Bisharp can check them. You have to play very offensively with this team to work better, Hope u like it and Enjoy.
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses / Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:
Hi, builders! It's been a long time since a played a single game and my teambuilding skills are... well, even more sucky than usual lol. And with the rise of M-Medicham, I'd like a team built around a M-Medicham + Tornadus-T core.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch / Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty / Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

M-Medicham being a monster is nothing new and Tornadus-T deals with faster threats such as Keldeo and Genger while bringing momentum to the game and safe switches for M-Medi with U-turn. You can change the moves, spreads and natures for the benefit of the team, as long as the final product contains both M-Medicham and Tornadus-T.

Thanks in advance! Ü

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Requested by: HailFall

Core:

Team:
Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 40 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 164 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
The Clef, Skarm, Chomp, Fat Water core has been strong forever pair that up with 2 other partners and you're golden. CM Clef + DDancer is really powerful stuff. You can opt to run CM Slowking on this build as well if you want but I think having Fire Blast in combination with Thunder Wave makes handling Zor a bit easier than just using Chomp. NP / Thunder Wave Thundurus is more so you're not a liability to waters and to a slight extent Serperior since Clef , Skarm, Chomp is an invitation for Serp sometimes but I didn't feel like Amoonguss was right on this build. I went with Fire Punch on M-Ttar as I don't like superpower and I don't like my M-Ttars walled by Bisharp as well. I think if you're in a position to use Ice Punch on TTar you've already did something wrong cause by then you haven't worn down the grounds well enough to make it useful. People will probably change out Chomp for Lando-T on this build which is fine although contact attackers will start to end up being a pain. Like for example if you go Lando-T > Chomp you make yourself more weak to bulky M-Zor and Band Kion comes in and clicks Stone Edge with 0 problems due to a lack of Rock Resist, an under appreciated asset in team-building these days. This is a team that should be used with long term goals in mind. I know the average person has the patience of a 3 year old but focusing on slowing stuff down with paralysis, racking up hazard damage, and knowing when to not be greedy is what will help you with this team. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi, builders! I'd like a team built around a Roserade.
Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 144 HP / 136 Def / 208 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
It's a decent Spike setter and a check of Keldeo and other water-types, I tried, but I get nothing good with it. You can change the moves, spreads and those things.
Sorry if I have mistakes, english is not my primary language ;_;.

Thanks in advance!

AM

LCPL Champion

Requested by: Mr.Hiei

Core:

Team:
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
M-Venu is kind of ass but I guess the Sleep Powder variant here works out ~ok. Clef is Clef idk what to really put it here as its part of your core. Shuca Volcanion so you have a fighting chance against certain matchups against grounds like Lando-T and Exca. Then I just added Lando-T for rocks, ground immunity with a standard U-Turn set to bring things in easier, 3 attacks / Defog Latios for Hazard removal for volcanion + M-Venu who will desperately need it. This last slot was a bit difficult to cover in terms of a teambuilding thought process since I knew I needed a steel but I also was in need of a more defining win condition other than Clefable, Bisharp was a pain, fat shit was slightly annoying, and offense was to. I went with SD Lucario here to provide relief amongst issues such as those. There's a handful of mons here like Latios who invites things like TTars to come in to trap it and I think it fit well in tandem with everything else. I went with Inner Focus because I don't see too much of a practical use in Justified where at least if something like Scarf Rachi wants to be cute or goon offense players want to keep clicking Fake Out with their M-Chams / Lopunny at least you can set / hit them with ESpeed respectively. The ability is sort of interchangeable on preference so anyone can change that. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
Hi, builders! It's been a long time since a played a single game and my teambuilding skills are... well, even more sucky than usual lol. And with the rise of M-Medicham, I'd like a team built around a M-Medicham + Tornadus-T core.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch / Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty / Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

M-Medicham being a monster is nothing new and Tornadus-T deals with faster threats such as Keldeo and Genger while bringing momentum to the game and safe switches for M-Medi with U-turn. You can change the moves, spreads and natures for the benefit of the team, as long as the final product contains both M-Medicham and Tornadus-T.

Thanks in advance! Ü
i gotcha, team should be up sometime tmrw.

GeniusX

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Hi, builders. I'd like a team built around Manectric and Band Staraptor. Staraptor is one of my favorite gen 4 mons and a very underated threat in the ou meta. I did build a few scarf Staraptor teams myself but I didn't manage to build a team that utilizes BAND Staraptor to its full potential. I thought a volt turn core with manectric works out pretty nicely since they cover each others weaknesses between electric type attacks and ground type attacks. Mane can also take on defensive walls Staraptor struggles with such as Skarmory and forretress, and even to an extent lando-t and chomp with hp ice. Staraptor can dish out insane amounts of damage also for Mane to clean up late game. I personally think the team should be like some HO Volt Turn kinda team. Thanks!

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Flamethrower over Overheat cuz i hate spa drop.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Jolly over Adamant to speed tie with Mega Gard and Mega Cham

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could someone build around AM's MDiancie+Xatu core from ages ago? I kinda want to compare what you come up with to my current build to see what I could have done differently and hopefully so that I can make a new build that surpasses what I've got atm using the comparison.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Feel free to change up the sets or whatever. I've just taken the ones AM used and swapped out Air Slash for Heat Wave and Lefties for Helmet on Xatu and HP Fire for Earth Power on Diancie.

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

After a lot of battles I have come to the conclusion that I am not a HO style player. I like balance/bulky offence teams. So would like a team around these 3 regenerator mons. I sometimes make dumb mistakes, and this core can ensure that I don't pay too hard for them unless the mon gets 1-shot. I dont know about what mega would fit in well with this comp, so its up tp you guys. I want a bulky offence/balance team. You can change the sets if you like.

Nedor

thiccc
core:

requested by: GnralLao

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Block

yo. i found m-medicham + the av tornadus-t variant specifically to be incredibly bad because the latter forces the majority of bulky calm mind 'mons in which m-medicham builds struggle to break past, alongside the fact that your steel slot gets worn down by spikes easily anyways. i tried a ton of variants of this core whether it was balance or bulky offense, & every single time it felt like something was missing and there were unreliable as well as inconsistent ways of dealing with fatter teams, especially considering m-medicham still requires ways of pushing past stall whilst preventing bulky wincons from doing their thing. i finally settled on a more offensive approach to the core where you can apply non-stop pressure & really tear through every playstyle with strong breakers, spikes, priority, a pivot, etc. let me just point out that i concluded on sub m-medicham which takes advantage of switches, sacks, bisharp's sucker, that ish. 4 attacks life orb tornadus-t is a bitch to switch into; nailing grounds with hp ice is really beneficial and the odd scarf / band ttar trying to revenge kill you which paves the way for bisharp nicely.

speaking of bisharp, it's an extremely solid endgame 'mon on this team due to all the support it provides in spikes easily wearing down keldeo + other common checks, m-medicham + lo tornadus-t removing or weakening everything into range. not only this, sd adamant lum enables bisharp to pressure 'mons like m-sableye, mew, rotom-w, & other random status which annoys these types of builds greatly. latios was an obvious option in the next slot thanks to its defensive typing + reliable recovery enabling it to reliably check waters & softcheck some offensive elecs, while immediately forcing out bulky grounds which is nice for the team. went with roost 3 attacks with the last slot being thunderbolt to put more pressure on fat waters as well as skarmory so you're not hazards fodder. phys. defensive landorus-t does what it always did, blanket check a large majority of the tier, set rocks to limit switches, function as a pivot to your breakers or another favourable matchup, & gradually wear down stuff into range of your priority attackers. since my main endgame in mind was cleaning with sd bisharp, i wanted a way of helping facilitate this sweep. considering the majority of players slap on keldeo + a softcheck on builds to check it, they end up being incredibly weak to bisharp + spikes. klefki is the best option here to compress roles in a (required) fairy / drag resist that isn't my main cleaner, speed control / sweeper check in case things don't go as planned, spikes which make things even harder on the opponent, & even a threatening presence with heal block to keep backbones low. team abuses a generic backbone of dragon / ground / steel to provide defensive utility in checking stuff, pretty common stuff.

there's not much else that needs to be said about a goon based offense that predominantly works on the ladder. the team is sorta bisharp weak so play offensively around that, most other threats are fairly subjective & can be beaten by playing decently. if you'd still like to see the other versions i came up with feel free to pm, but i did feel this approach to the core was optimal. you can also change any sets around to match your preference. enjoy.

core:

requested by: GnralLao

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Block

yo. i found m-medicham + the av tornadus-t variant specifically to be incredibly bad because the latter forces the majority of bulky calm mind 'mons in which m-medicham builds struggle to break past, alongside the fact that your steel slot gets worn down by spikes easily anyways. i tried a ton of variants of this core whether it was balance or bulky offense, & every single time it felt like something was missing and there were unreliable as well as inconsistent ways of dealing with fatter teams, especially considering m-medicham still requires ways of pushing past stall whilst preventing bulky wincons from doing their thing. i finally settled on a more offensive approach to the core where you can apply non-stop pressure & really tear through every playstyle with strong breakers, spikes, priority, a pivot, etc. let me just point out that i concluded on sub m-medicham which takes advantage of switches, sacks, bisharp's sucker, that ish. 4 attacks life orb tornadus-t is a bitch to switch into; nailing grounds with hp ice is really beneficial and the odd scarf / band ttar trying to revenge kill you which paves the way for bisharp nicely.

speaking of bisharp, it's an extremely solid endgame 'mon on this team due to all the support it provides in spikes easily wearing down keldeo + other common checks, m-medicham + lo tornadus-t removing or weakening everything into range. not only this, sd adamant lum enables bisharp to pressure 'mons like m-sableye, mew, rotom-w, & other random status which annoys these types of builds greatly. latios was an obvious option in the next slot thanks to its defensive typing + reliable recovery enabling it to reliably check waters & softcheck some offensive elecs, while immediately forcing out bulky grounds which is nice for the team. went with roost 3 attacks with the last slot being thunderbolt to put more pressure on fat waters as well as skarmory so you're not hazards fodder. phys. defensive landorus-t does what it always did, blanket check a large majority of the tier, set rocks to limit switches, function as a pivot to your breakers or another favourable matchup, & gradually wear down stuff into range of your priority attackers. since my main endgame in mind was cleaning with sd bisharp, i wanted a way of helping facilitate this sweep. considering the majority of players slap on keldeo + a softcheck on builds to check it, they end up being incredibly weak to bisharp + spikes. klefki is the best option here to compress roles in a (required) fairy / drag resist that isn't my main cleaner, speed control / sweeper check in case things don't go as planned, spikes which make things even harder on the opponent, & even a threatening presence with heal block to keep backbones low. team abuses a generic backbone of dragon / ground / steel to provide defensive utility in checking stuff, pretty common stuff.

there's not much else that needs to be said about a goon based offense that predominantly works on the ladder. the team is sorta bisharp weak so play offensively around that, most other threats are fairly subjective & can be beaten by playing decently. if you'd still like to see the other versions i came up with feel free to pm, but i did feel this approach to the core was optimal. you can also change any sets around to match your preference. enjoy.
Damn, man! The team looks terrific! I originally posted AV Torn-T because I sincerely didn't know which set was more appropriate to pair up with M-Medi. I really appreciate your work! Ü

AM

LCPL Champion

Requested by: GeniusX

Core:

Team:
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Keldeo-Resolute @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Heatran @ Air Balloon / Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

"I came, I saw, I hit em right there in the jaw" - Dugtrio

Uh so if you want you can go Jolly Band Raptor for the reasons stated but I personally think going Jolly on Band Raptor is for chumps when it necessitates all the wall-breaking power it can get for Raptor to have a use in OU. I went Band Dugtrio on this build since every relatively decent check to the combination of Manectric + Raptor keels over to this set. No worrying about rolls on M-Diancie and such just click EQ and you'll be all set. The other moves are sort of just there so you're not walled by stuff and Sucker Punch can save you from what would be super crappy matchup against Kazams. I contempled Pursuit on it but felt like practically it wouldn't work out on Latis anyways. Expert Belt Keld fakes choice variants granted I guess non choice Keldeos aren't a surprise but having Taunt on it screws over a lot of fat stuffs game plans when up against defensive builds. I went Latias for Healing Wish. I don't like Latias too much and think its relatively garbage but Healing Wish is something useful for teams such as this I find. Heatran as your rocker provides you a Lati Switch in and stops Raptor from being the only decentish check to bulky grasses. It's pretty straight forward I find myself leading Manectric a lot in most matchups and trapping stuff with Dugtrio. Team is weak to Weavile so Chople Heatran is an option and the team is also weak to Lopunny so if you're a fan of having like 3 choice mons lol you can go scarf Keld. Enjoy.

Last edited:

GeniusX

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion

Requested by: GeniusX

Core:

Team:
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Heatran @ Air Balloon / Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

"I came, I saw, I hit em right there in the jaw" - Dugtrio

Uh so if you want you can go Jolly Band Raptor for the reasons stated but I personally think going Jolly on Band Raptor is for chumps when it necessitates all the wall-breaking power it can get for Raptor to have a use in OU. I went Band Dugtrio on this build since every relatively decent check to the combination of Manectric + Raptor keels over to this set. No worrying about rolls on M-Diancie and such just click EQ and you'll be all set. The other moves are sort of just there so you're not walled by stuff and Sucker Punch can save you from what would be super crappy matchup against Kazams. I contempled Pursuit on it but felt like practically it wouldn't work out on Latis anyways. Expert Belt Keld fakes choice variants granted I guess non choice Keldeos aren't a surprise but having Taunt on it screws over a lot of fat stuffs game plans when up against defensive builds. I went Latias for Healing Wish. I don't like Latias too much and think its relatively garbage but Healing Wish is something useful for teams such as this I find. Heatran as your rocker provides you a Lati Switch in and stops Raptor from being the only decentish check to bulky grasses. It's pretty straight forward I find myself leading Manectric a lot in most matchups and trapping stuff with Dugtrio. Team is weak to Weavile so Chople Heatran is an option and the team is also weak to Lopunny so if you're a fan of having like 3 choice mons lol you can go scarf Keld. Enjoy.
Thanks for the team! I used it a couple time and its working great.

Reactions: AM
Hey guys, found this set in the Creative/Underused thread and thought it was super cool. Any kind of Offense would work, whether it be regular Offense, HO, Rain HO, ect.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 28 HP / 124 Atk / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hurricane
- Extreme Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower

Functions as a mixed wallbreaker on Offense with EV's to 2HKO Chanseys, hit an optimal life orb HP number and creep defensive landos. I've used to the set to success but I'm I'm not great at building, and would love to see how more experienced players approach this set. Feel free to mess with the coverage slots (superpower, tbolt) depending on what the team needs. Thanks!

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Maloka-

Core:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

I changed zards evs since getting revenged by scarf kyub isnt cool also since its no longer adamant i just made its attack 252, with 40 hp i guess you still got a little bulk to help counter mega sciz which otherwise runs the team over. Kept lando-t the same it does what lando does check physical attackers one change you can do with lando is take off stone edge since theres a ttar to check talonflame and give it u-turn to nab momentum or even give it toxic to help wear down fat stuff like hippo and slowbro to make the zard sweep easier. BandTar is really good atm since it just crushes most teams by clicking stone edge, for this team it helps in the stall matchup since with rocks up you can 2hko the majority of all stall teams with crunch or edge, the speed evs outpace minimum speed mandibuzz and everything slower. Clef twaves stuff for the team and is a wincon alongside zardx, twave is nice for heatran's that like to switch in and general speed control for the team making faster threats like lop less worrisome, standard evs makes you bulky on both sides of the spectrum, 15 speed iv's let you stall out ferrothorn gyro ball so you can use it as setup bait unless its twave iron head. Rachi is nice since it's and incredibly annoying mon to play around when you factor in flinch chance or just u-turning to gain momentum, ice punch lures in lando-t for zardx and healing wish lets you play a bit more reckless with zardx since you can heal it up at a later time. Latios rounds out the team giving you a keld check and defog support for zard. So this team just kinda loses to SD Bisharp unless you can play around sucker punch 8 times, main way to fix the weakness is make ttar scarf and turn rachi into a specs keldeo which hurts the stall matchup, but it also frees up zard since its no longer the only scizor check. Hope you enjoy and good luck with the team!

p2

Banned deucer.
Hey guys, found this set in the Creative/Underused thread and thought it was super cool. Any kind of Offense would work, whether it be regular Offense, HO, Rain HO, ect.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 28 HP / 124 Atk / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hurricane
- Extreme Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower

Functions as a mixed wallbreaker on Offense with EV's to 2HKO Chanseys, hit an optimal life orb HP number and creep defensive landos. I've used to the set to success but I'm I'm not great at building, and would love to see how more experienced players approach this set. Feel free to mess with the coverage slots (superpower, tbolt) depending on what the team needs. Thanks!
giving this a go

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello OverlordDerp pretty simple idea of nasty pass, however Volcanion isnt the fastest mon alive so is kinda hard to make this idea work against fast build, i add as third member another water ebelt mon just to overwhelm the resistances, so this way if you pass early game you weaken opposing team for late game Volcanion or viceversa. Was looking a bit annoy by Electric types as well hazards so Scarf Exca give the team a solid revenge killer and nice electric immunity, then i realize my whole team was grounded and only celebi my reliable sand check so Skarmory help the team with that as well as checking another threats and fairies as Scarf exca isnt a switch, also Skarm provide the always needed rocks. And last my mega slot is diancie decided to go Max attack to weaken opposing Chansey and Clef and still have power to be a recipent for a NP Pass. The team is a bit annoyed by Heatran so you have to predict correctly against it. Hope you like and Enjoy!
Volcanion @ Expert Belt
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasup ! KPJux offensive Talon isnt common at all so is so easy catch people of guard, i decided with SD + Grass so can lure Rotom-W for Scizor late game, also Knock on Zor to wittled more easily Heatran. A defoger is mandatory as talonflame lack of recovery, Latias is the bulkyer one and fuction as my Keld check, then i know you dont like Lando-T but it fits well here, because provide rocks to the team and in conjuntion with SD weaken bulky pokemon such as MVenusaur, Hippo, etc. You can use Helmet chomp with the same set if you really hate Lando-t. Next dark spam is so common nowondays specially Weav so in offense tends to run Magnezone paired with it, so Rest Talk Keld is a better answer, as well for bisharp. And last speed control in form of Kyurem-B to revenge all fastest megas such as MKazam, as well if you get rid off checks, Outrage late game is a nice cleaner. Hope you like it Enjoy.
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Talonflame @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift

Latias (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
malomyotismon

Core:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

So this is standard sand offense, I kept ttar and excadrill the same because those sets are fine. I changed zardy to timid because modest fireblast is overkill if you do want to use modest tho then make it flamethrower so you dont miss and are still strong af. CM Lati is a water resist keldeo switch in and win con all rolled into one and fits the team nicely. Spex keldeo gives you a dark type switch in and a 3rd special nuke to overwhelm the opponents defense. Ferro rounds out the team as your rocker and knock off support which is always nice. Like i said at the start this is a pretty standard team and should work pretty well on ladder since its just a bunch of strong ass pokemon slapped together, hope you enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)