{OU} WI-FI Team Built around a Lead Machamp

Hey fellow Smogoners, I would like to thank all of you who have rated on my previous RMT's. My mission since joining Smogon was to learn about and create "perfect"/Well balanced Teams. Ever since my first RMT post I have been Learning and understanding many new things about the art of Competitive Battling.​

*Please note that this team is for WI-FI Play so I won't be able to play with Rotom Forms*

So I am now posting my team on here to get some help on any areas I can improve on :)​

The Inspiration for building this team was based on a Lead Machamp.

So we start with the Machamp as our lead

Now I needed a Pokemon that has perfect Synergy with my Machamp and could set up entry hazards (Mainly Stealth Rock). Heatran came into Mind because he resists both Flying and Psychic Moves. Heatran also causes the opponent to often switch out allowing me to Set up the SR.

Heatran Lures in many Fighting and Ground types/moves So I needed a Pokemon that was Immune to these moves or it needed to resist these moves. A gyarados is immune to EQ and can take Fighting moves with ease.

Okay so now I have an obvious electric weakness and I need something to deal with it. I needed a pokemon that was able to take the hit well and would make the opponent switch out. My original choice was Jolteon but has now been replaced with Roserade who can set up spikes on the switch, With Roserade here it allows me to switch forrtress out as he was getting set up on by many pokemon.

Forretress was originally here to provide Rapid spin however after much analysis and The LegendKiller pointing out that he was a 'waste' I changed the Foretress for a Revenge Killer Flygon. Another great thing I discovered is that my Machamp lead will about 50% of the time stop the opponent from putting up rocks or any form of entry Hazard.

Well since my team needs the Entry Hazards (Primarily SR) I need to bring in a Spin Blocker. None other than Gengar (Gengar over Rotom's because this is a WI-FI Team).

THE TEAM CHART:

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Ability: No guard
EV's: 240 HP / 248 Attack / 16 Special Defense / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Attack ; - Special Attack)
Moves:
Dynamic Punch
Bullet Punch
Ice Punch​
Payback

Set Analysis:

This is my Favorite Anti-Lead of the game. I say this because there is not one true counter to a Machamp.​

Dynamic Punch is Machamp's STAB attack and thanks to his No Guard Ability The measly 50% accuracy is now 100% Accurate. Dynamic Punch will cause confusion no matter what. The confusion allows the game to start to tip in my position. The amazing thing about Dynamic Punch is that any player who has never faced one or any inexperienced trainer will panic when their lead is confused and won't know what to do.​

Bullet Punch gives my Machamp the ability to strike first and finish of the opponent. This move is here for Priority.​

Ice Punch allows me to hit any dragons hard if they think of coming in on my Machamp and start to Dragon Dance or Swords Dance. Ice punch also allows me to hit Gliscor's.​

Payback allows me to hit Ghosts and Psychics. This move is here for predictions, it has saved my Machamp many times. Where the opponents Lead will not fair well with Machamp they often switch in a Ghost to take the Dynamic Punch and Lower the PP of it however, if I can predict this Payback will hit the Ghost's Hard (Often OHKO). If I do not OHKO their Ghost Pokemon I will Bullet Punch for the Kill.​

EV Analysis:

The EV's allocated for Machamp Allow him to take hits and Still dish out Hits.​

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Naïve Nature (+Speed ; -Special Defense)
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast​
Explosion
Earth Power​

Set Analysis:
The Synergy that Machamp and Heatran is amazing, when my Machamp is in danger of getting smashed by Flying/Psychic Moves my Heatran comes in and takes them very nicely. I can then Set up Stealth Rock.​

Fire Blast is a killer, I can get lots of OHKO however I am considering going for Flamethrower here because of the poor accuracy.​

Explosion is used when Heatran is low on HP and I can explode to hopefully get another KO.​

Earth Power Allows my Heatran to hit any grounded Steels and Electrics. Earth Power also allows me to hit any other Heatran's for 4x Damage.​

EV Analysis:
The EV's Allocated to Heatran allow me max speed (For setting up Stealth Rock) and max put my Special Attack stat.​

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 156 HP / 72 Attack / 96 Defense / 184 Speed
Adamant Nature (+ Attack ; - Special Attack)
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Waterfall​
Earthquake
Taunt​

Set Analysis:
Gyarados Works amazingly with Heatran, I switch out my Heatran and Put in Gyarados when either a Fighting or Ground move is targeted at Heatran.​

When Gyarados is in, it often causes people to change and on the Change he can Dragon Dance. Giving me a boost in Attack and Speed.​

Waterfall is his STAB attack and after a Dragon Dance it is really something that can rip through a team.​

Earthquake hits any Electric or Steel guys​

Taunt allows me to put a stop to any Staller that will try and render Gyarados useless because of the taunt they often have to sub out allowing me to have another dragon dance.​

EV Analysis:

I chose the Above EV's so that Gyarados can take hits on the switch in and in general take hits. The EV's also allow for my Gyarados to sweep after a Dragon Dance or Two.​

Roserade@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Speed
Calm Nature (+Special Defense ; - Attack)
Moves:
Spikes​
Stun Spore
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Ice]​

Set Analysis:
Roserade has a very good Special Defense and she acts as my Special wall, she will come in on an Electric or rock attack aimed at Gyarados. This will probably cause a switch on the opponents side allowing me to set up Spikes.​

Stun Spore is there to stop any Pokemon who will try and Set up on Roserade.​

Energy ball is there to put a stop to any Bulky water pokemon that my hinder my Gyarados's sweep this is Roserade's STAB attack and can really damage opponents.​

Hidden Power [Ice] Allows me to hit Shaymin, it is also there to hit any dragons who try to set up on Roserade.​

EV Analysis:

The EV's allocated to Roserade are there to max out her HP and Special Defense stats so that she can take hits on the Special spectrum.​

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense
Jolly (+ Speed ; - Special Attack)
Moves:
Outrage​
Earthquake
U-turn
Thunderpunch​

Set Analysis:
As pointed out by The KillerLegend my team lacks a revnge killer and if anything has set up on one of my pokemon my team can't do anything about it, he reccomended that I use this Flygon that actually has been working well ~Thanks KillerLegend~​

Outrage and Earthquake are my Flygon's two STAB'd attacks and these two moves offer amazing coverage.​

U-turn allows me to either hit a pokemon to finish them off or I can U-turn if the match up isn't good. The move U-turn will only be used if Flygon has just been sent in.​

Thunderpunch hits any bulky water hard (however I must be careful as they might carry Ice Beam) otherwise Thunderpunch hits Skarmory and Togekiss for big damage.​

EV Analysis:

The given EV's allow my Flygon to revenge kill easier and faster.​

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4 Defense/ 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Speed ; - Attack)
Moves:
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Substitute.​

Set Analysis:
Pain Split allows me to recover from Life Orb Damage and to slowly whittle down the Opponents health.​

Shadow Ball is Gengar's STAB attack. Focus Blast keeps Tyranitar's and other Steels in check.​

Substitute allows me to not get completely ruined by stallers and mainly a T-wave, Seismic Blissey​

EV Analysis:
The EV's for Gengar is for it to inflict the maximum amount of damage to the other pokemon and still be able to outspeed it.

What to do with my Machamp and team against the following Pokemon
Offensive Threats - If sent out as leads

Aerodactyl -
Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch

Azelf -
Payback + Bullet Punch

Breloom -
Dynamic Punch (I have done calculations and Ice punch and Bullet Punch do the same damage so I will go for the Dynamic to get him confused) + Bullet Punch

Dragonite - Ice Punch ....

Electivire - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch or Switch to Flygon for the OHKO with EQ

Empoleon - Dynamic Punch

Flygon - Ice Punch

Gengar - Payback + Bullet Punch

Gyarados - Switch to Flygon who will OHKO with Thunderpunch

Heatran - Dynamic Punch

Heracross - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch

Infernape - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch or Switch to Gyarados who will DD and sweep or Switch to Flygon who will EQ

Jirachi - Switch to Heatran who will Fire Blast/ Flamethrower or Switch to Flygon who will EQ

Jolteon - Switch to Flygon who will EQ

Kingdra
-Dynamic Punch & Bullet Punch's for the KO
Lucario - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch or Switch to Flygon who will EQ

Machamp - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch

Magnezone - Dynamic Punch

Mamoswine - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch (If not dead)

Metagross - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch

Ninjask - Switch to Heatran

Roserade - Ice Punch + Bullet Punch

Scizor - Switch to Heatran (as they will be locked into Bullet Punch 90 % of the time and as they switch out i set up the rocks)

Smeargle - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch

Starmie - Switch to Flygon who will use Thunderpunch

Togekiss - Switch to Flygon who Will Thunderpunch

Tyranitar - Dynamic Punch...

Weavile - Dunamic Punch + Bullet Punch if they are sashed

Defensive Threats

Blissey - Dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch

Bronzong - Switch to Heatran and Fire Blast

Celebi - Switch to Flygon who will U-turn fot OHKO back into Machamp

Dusknoir - Payback + Bullet Punch

Forretress - Switch to Heatran and when Forretress switches out I set up my rocks

Gliscor - Ice Punch

Hippowdon - Switch to Gyarados who will Taunt + DD

Rotom-H - Payback + Bullet Punch

Skarmory - Switch to Heatran who will Fire Blast

Snorlax - Switch to Gyarados who will Taunt + DD

Suicune - Switch to Roserade who will energy Ball

Swampert - Switch to Roserade who will energy or dynamic Punch + Bullet Punch

Tentacruel - Switch to Gyarados Who will Taunt + DD

Vaporeon - Switch to Roserade who will energy Ball

Zapdos - Ice Punch + Bullet Punch for the KO

ok first i feel like this is a fairly solid team, common,but solid. second i feel like gengar desperately needs substitute. it saves him from a lot of sticky situations. i personally use the subsplitter and it is wicked hard to kill. gengar now has the ability to take on blissey which is epic, plus he can avoid paralysis which turns gengar useless and since u dont have heal bell avoiding paralysis is very important. also taking down scizor with gengar is difficult to do unless u can get in on a choiced superpower and even then it will force a switch, usually to a pokemon that is faster than gengar but with a sub up gengar can use shadow ball or focus blast to hopefully manage a ko.

ok first i feel like this is a fairly solid team, common,but solid. second i feel like gengar desperately needs substitute. it saves him from a lot of sticky situations. i personally use the subsplitter and it is wicked hard to kill. gengar now has the ability to take on blissey which is epic, plus he can avoid paralysis which turns gengar useless and since u dont have heal bell avoiding paralysis is very important. also taking down scizor with gengar is difficult to do unless u can get in on a choiced superpower and even then it will force a switch, usually to a pokemon that is faster than gengar but with a sub up gengar can use shadow ball or focus blast to hopefully manage a ko.
Thanks for the rate Elfam. I really didn't know that this team is common, well I haven't come across it (yet). The reason I chose my Gengar's set how it is, is so that I can smack those anoying scizor's and other steels with hidden power (fire). I found that i ran into scizor and other steel issues with the subsplit gengar than I ran into with this gengar. The only difference is the HP (Fire). So far I haven't had my gengar paralyzed but I will think about what i must do with Gengar. Thanks :)

Threats
Life Orb/Specs Jolteon
Dragon Dancers
Offensive Suicune, LO Starmie
Mixed Flygon
Stall

Yeah so, Jolteon can basically come after a kill and abuse Thunderbolt that only your Jolteon is immune to, but can't take any of its other attacks. Dragon Dancers is in general will be a huge pain to deal with, things such as Offensive Gyarados, Taunt Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Kingdra will be problematic to deal with if they set up (especially on Forretress), and since you lack any means of revenging them. Flygon can come in on Forretress, Heatran, and Jolteon's Charge Beam and wreck havoc with Draco meteor/EQ/Fire Blast/Roost. Stall in general will make your team switch out a lot, and eat residual damage between a core of Skarmory+Blissey+Rotom-A

First and foremost, replace Gyro Ball on Forretress with Explosion, so you're not set up fodder for the aforementioned Dragon Dancers. Replace Ice Fang with Taunt, so Stall can be shut down by Gyarados, and used as set up fodder for Dragon Dance. Change Hidden Power Fire to Substitute, so Thunderwave Seismic toss Blissey doesn't cripple you, while you destroy it between Sub+PainSplit+Focus Blast. Give Jolteon Hidden Power Ice, so you have a chance against Flygon, Dragonite, Roserade. HP Grass is for Swampert, who's set up on by Gyarados and Taunt.

So we have Stall basically covered, Jolteon, Dragon Dancers, Offensive Waters and Mixed Flygon are still threats. Currently, I think Forretress is the most replaceable member of the team, as you say he helps set up Spikes, "just in case". I think Choice Scarf Flygon will the following moveset will work just fine: 252 Atk/4 def/252 Spe Jolly Nature, Outrage/Earthquake/U-turn/Thunderpunch and a Choice Scarf, to revenge the aforementioned Dragon Dancers. Replace Jolteon with Roserade for Spikes and a much better way to handle Bulky/Offensive Water types. Try a spread of 252HP/4Spe/252Sdef Calm nature, Spikes|Stun Spore|Energy Ball|Hidden Power Ice, Leftovers on Roserade. Additionally, rest may be used over HP Ice to keep Roserade healthy to handle the myriad of special attackers it keeps at bay. Rose can set up and stop tons of special attackers, namely Suicune and Vaporeon that threaten Gyarados' sweep, while also handling Shaymin with HP Ice, something the team struggles to face.

GL!

Hello. Looks like a solid team at a glance. My first suggestion is to add Toxic Spikes over Spikes on Roserade. Looking at your team, it would benefit more by Toxic Spikes instead of regular Spikes. This change really helps out SubSplit Gengar against Blissey and against stall ultimately. With bulky Waters severely crippled by poison or removed from the match, expect Heatran and Gyarados to have a field day with your opponents team. Toxic Spikes over Spikes might be something to look for in the future, so give it a shot.

As for minor changes, Stone Edge is a decent option over Earthquake on Gyarados. It provides excellent coverage alongside Waterfall, hitting Zapdos, Dragonite, opposing Gyarados and many others. I also like the idea of using Grass Knot over Energy Ball on Roserade. It hits Tyranitar and most bulky Waters much harder and is overall the superior choice. The big changes were already suggested so I'm going to end my rate here for now. Good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)