ORAS UU Physical Zoroark, Special Infernape

> Physical Zoroark, Special Infernape <

Introduction

I feel like Zoroark is a very underrated pokemon and this is my attempt to build a team around him.

Teambuilding Process

I started off with Zoroark and built the team around him specifically using Pokemon who synergize well with his Illusion ability. I also made sure to get a defog/hazard setter in their as well.

The Team

Zoroark @ Black Glasses
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Zoroark was is the main feature of this team. I feel like he has a largely underrated ability in Illusion and, with the right plays, can really turn the tide of battle.

I gave him a physical set because the first Pokemon I decided to team him up with was Infernape, and given Infernape's set it can really cause confusion. If you see an Infernape use swords dance it doesn't make you suspicious.

Knock off and Sucker Punch work well together especially when illusion is on. After a knock off from Infernape or Beedrill you don't expect a Sucker Punch, although after that the illusion is pretty much seen through.

Low kick helps with threats that resist Dark type moves such as Cobalion and Krookodile.

I went with Black Glasses as the held item to eliminate recoil allowing the illusion to potentially last a switch out.

Infernape @ Black Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Infernape; the first of my synergies to Zoroark. As I touched on above, I gave Infernape a special to throw a curveball into the mix. If Infernape is out and they switch on a Nasty Plot it could make them think twice about if it's really an Infernape or not.

The moves are pretty self explanatory. Fire Blast and Focus Blast are the most powerful special STAB moves available to Infernape and Vacuum Wave gives Infernape a much need priority move.

Similar to Zoroark I gave Infernape Black Belt to eliminate recoil and allow illusion to potentially stay in effect.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

With how frail my team is overall I need some bulk. Crocune gives some much needed bulk to my team. There are some glaring weaknesses to Crocune in the UU meta. Specifically anything with water absorb (Vaporeon) or dry skin (Heliolisk), so if you see one of those make sure you take care of it before attempting to set up.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Beedrill is my teams Mega. I feel as though he works well with Zoroark because of his typing.

I went with an Adamant nature because it is very rare that the extra speed makes a difference.

Poison Jab is a powerful physical STAB. I chose U-turn over X-Scissor because I feel like the pivot ability of U-turn is far more beneficial than the small extra power that X-Scissor would give.

Drill Run is a good coverage move for Poison and Steel types.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Cresselia another Pokemon that works well with Zoroark. I like to lead with Zoroark illusioned as Cresselia when I see a Krookodile on the opposing team. While and EQ from Krookodile will OHKO Zoroark nobody will try it turn one when they see Cresselia out there, usually opting for a knock off allowing for a retaliation Low Kick.

Psyshock and Moonblast give decent coverage while also allowing to hit both special walls and physical walls.

Investment in defense allows Cresselia to take physical hits while a single calm mind brings the special defense up even higher.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Empoleon is my designated defogger and SR setter.

Scald can cripple physical attackers as well makes for a good retaliation when ground types try for an earthquake only to but stopped by Shuca Berry. Ice beam is there for coverage against grass types and Dragon types.

Conclusion

Overall, my team relies on prediction and deception. With smart switches and clever illusions you should be able to gain the upper hand on your opponent.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)