Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball

DDmence will have fun once it realizes Vappy doesn't have IB. MAybe try using Surf/IB/Wish/Protect, since only Gar and Raikou can use the subs well. Consider Explosion somewhere, or else you can't do much to Curselax. I'm also not seeing the value of two Spinners, unless you're afraid of Forrey getting trapped by Mag.

ugh, you beat me :(

Yeah, mence does give you trouble, you might want to use icebeam over shadow ball. Boah could put a dent on your team too, theres only so much bolts forry can take. Although it cant switch in without taking a chunk of hp from your other pokes.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heracross "rapes" this team? I'm sure Gengar and Forretress can handle the large beetle-like Pokemon. There's always Wish support that (in theory) will keep them going against Heracross long enough for Spikes to cripple Heracross' HP low enough to consider it not a threat anymore.

There is an odd alternative route for the team to work as equally and efficently as before, but it involves drastic changes. This is just incase you do experience some Heracross causing you difficulties. Here's what I would advise as an alternative:

Two Rapid Spin Pokemon is cool and all when Zapdos wears down your PP with the Pressure, and then they use SleepTalk Skarmory to deal out the Spikes anyway, but this is very situational and I think you could spare Claydol's space with something that can benifit the team. Though, if you try Swampert over Claydol, and WishMence over Vaporeon, you give the team more stability, etc. but you lose a 2nd Spinner and the ability to Baton Pass a Substitute to Raikou. In return, you get yourself a more reliable Salamence and Tyranitar counter in Swampert, and WishMence can work as a solid Heracross counter while you effectively support the team with Wish.

I'm sure you know how to EV WishMence and a Swampert.

Obviously the team can handle the majority of threats that are thrown against it, however, this is simply another route you can follow to utilize the team.

With all that aside, the team's really good, Keloggs.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gengar is pseudo counter and Forry can't do anything back to Hera.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spikes isn't going to wear down Heracross? Heracross is usually paired with Magneton, which would mean they're not carrying anything to clear Spikes with.

Hidden Power [Steel] is always an option on Forretress if he wanted to hit Heracross a little harder. Aerodactyl won't find any gap neither with Forretress' 115 BP super effective move 2KHOing him. Additionally, he can hit opposing Gengars with it.

The only way to beat Raikou is your Claydol with no SpDef, or your own Raikou. I'd say that's a pretty big issue. Seismic Toss Regice or at least Sassy Claydol please.

I've NEVER seen a raikou in at least three months, and i'm on netbattle every day; also his own raikou has roar... i would never say another kou is a big issue for this team :\ vappy can take on boah, and forretress too unless boah has flamethrower (also, boah is incredibly uncommon). Regice counters ddmence to an extent, especially well the non-rock slide version... i would put ice beam over shadow ball on claydol in order to denitely fix that, tough. I would say the main issue here is ddtar with hp bug, watch out because it can beat both forretress and vaporeon and it owns claydol sooo much.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Spikes isn't going to wear down Heracross? Heracross is usually paired with Magneton, which would mean they're not carrying anything to clear Spikes with.
Hera isn't necessarily switching out.

Taylor

i am alien
Where do you get that from? If he's holding Choice Band (the Heracross that will threaten him if anything) then he's switching out when he's using Megahorn against Forretress, and he'll have to if he's using Brick Break against Gengar. Either way, after one blow, he'll be leaving the field.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
That would assume that I was talking about CBHera and not just Hera in general.

Taylor

i am alien
Heracross in general? I know of 3 Heracross' that are around.

MoPCross
CBHera
SleepTalk

When did MoPCross severely damage Gengar or Forretress?
I've already mentioned about CBHeracross.
SleepTalk Heracross, hmm...

Wouldn't your earlier reminder of Heracross indicate that Heracross causes a problem to anyone who hasn't got WishMence / Weezing?

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
You forgot Reversalcross, but that's walled by Gengar.

MoP cross would Sub and SD on Forry and Rock Slide hurts Gengar much.
Sleep Talk wouldn't necessarily rape, but it wouldn't get worn down by Spikes as easily, and would definitely fuck with that version of Gengar.

Cross also causes issue when Gyarados/Skarmory isn't present, of course.

Taylor

i am alien
Skarmory isn't a reliable counter to Heracross for several reasons, but that's besides the point.

I forgot ReversalCross for that exact reason.

Gyarados is no better than Salamence at countering it. Hell, I don't even think Gyarados does a good job at even being a reliable switch-in, mainly becuase Rock Slide will 2OHKO with CB.

Unlike many teams I've seen recently, this has some Heracross coverage to its name. Alot use a Zapdos / Skarmory combination...

You're very adamant about Heracross being able to hurt this team, so I'm guessing my alternative route would help with Salamence and Swampert over Claydol and Vaporeon.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I mean, I made a statement, you countered, I have to see my point through is all.

But yes, Sala/Swampert would help.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Restalk BU Hera is an instant win =D

Anyway, HP Steel (or Birdy maybe XD) on Forry would be enough to fix your MoPCross problems.

You lack a good switch on VilTar, but I think Wish from Vappy would help a little on that.

Also agreeing with Taylor on Pert + Mence over Vappy + Claydol. Not so much for Hera, but for better TTar and Gross coverage (Restalk Gross can just sit in front of Forry/Claydol weak Quakes and wait for Attack boosts).

Hi There <3

On first look, Blissey with Seismic Toss + Ice beam owns this team. Basically you've fell into the trap that a lot of early teams (me included) had at the beginning of Advance.... "Too Many Special Attacking Pokes"

You really need a Physical pokemon, maybe two. Preferably with an attacking boosting move like Swords dance or Choice band (Heracross and Rhydon are good examples) to utilise the free turn which Vaporeon's substitute grants. At the moment with the team you have, no one utilises SubPass except for Forretress who can spike safely without worrying about HP Fire Magneton switching in.
I can't believe that you have Gengar but fail to make him benefit from Sub..... You already know how effective Focus Punch is behind Sub. This would scare away things like Regice, Lax, Blissey who switch in knowing they can eat Surf. But being able to hit them hard isnt the end of it, you need to be able to FINISH THEM OFF. That's where Sludgebomb comes in handy. With help from Spikes, there's going to be times when Focus Punch gets those pokemon down to Ko range. And obviously with Boltbeam, that's going to be quite difficult.

A few other things.
Why have you got both Regice and Raikou on the same team? Both pokes wall Zapdos, both pokes can take on Water pokes well (Raikou with more Wish help =P) and both wall Special attacking Gengar to some extent.

A few more stuff.
Raikou, Regice and Claydol. Two of these pokes need to be changed to something else. Don’t know what right now, but I see other members have given you advice on that already.

Giving Forretress Zapcannon over Earthquake is another option. I know what your thinking.. however if your opponent has Magnetton they'll kill you eventually. Zapcannon allows you to cripple in coming Gengars, Mences and Gyara's (so I've heard)

Vaporeon Dv's
By changing Vaporeon's Spe Dv's to 10, your speed stat is changed to 145. This makes you slower than Blissey, which enables you to use her as a "Set Up Poke" for Sub Pass. The only downside is that you may get Toxic or T-Waved.

Hope you sort everything out.

Taylor

i am alien
You lack a good switch on VilTar, but I think Wish from Vappy would help a little on that.

Also agreeing with Taylor on Pert + Mence over Vappy + Claydol. Not so much for Hera, but for better TTar and Gross coverage (Restalk Gross can just sit in front of Forry/Claydol weak Quakes and wait for Attack boosts).
Pin Missile will be able to cause some damage to VilTar. ^_~

I understand what Dekzeh's saying though. Vaporeon is really the only Pokemon that can pro-long the damage it will cause unless the team tweaked here and there.

Clefairy's note on Blissey not being easy to get rid of is understandable.. However, Blissey isn't doing anything in return.

changed gengars set since hitting blissey for nothing isn't cool when you're behind a sub ;__;

i dont have raikou there to wall anything, it causes a lot of switches and counters others.

thanks for the suggestions guys :"3

gengar outspeeds adamant ddtar with 1 dd. it's there to block rapid spinners and is generally handy with the speed.

Not sure about the speed on Gengar. What does it normally end up doing during most battles? Does he need 333 speed to do that job?
Maybe try plus attack instead or even Choice band Gar?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)