Pokémon GO

So this is the misfortune I have from hatching not only one, but two evil bitch of Vulpix in a row. I knew something will happen. It was drizzling and I was about to go home, when I checked my inventory, had the iPhone screen glitched clicks and my Lucky Egg used without my consent. Dammit, this is the second time it's happening, although the first time I managed to evolve 60 Pokemon to mitigate it.

I tried contacting them about it, but apparently they can only give automated message to just check stops as if Lucky Eggs drop by there. GRRRRAAAHHHH....:mad:
They should put the premium time-based items (Lucky Egg, Incense) on the very bottom of item inventory, below balls so this won't happen. Not everyone uses it as if they depend on it at any time anyway, don't they?

That, or maybe this is wheel of fortune, after I hit both Dragonite and Flareon earlier today. But that Flareon sucks and Dragonite isn't properly set and low level.

Seriously though, I'm extremely salty about this right now. I just went to end my neutrality and back to Mystic despite missing the green colours of pacifism and this. How do we send suggestions....

Level 22, and this game has made wonders for my life.
I've pretty much consented to it ruining my life.

Recently, all of the Bulbasaur migrated to China of all places, so I'm stuck at 101 Bulbasaur candies, but I'd rather buddy for Charmander. Snorlax hatched, so I don't have to buddy with him anymore for candies for powering up. In place of Bulbasaur is Clefairy, and I hope that I can get a good Clefable. My current one was just from a lure and is quite weak. Is Clefable worth it, or is it better to go with a good Wigglytuff?

The Lake, which is a short name for a park where I catch nearly all of my Pokemon, is a Doduo nest. The Rec center is a Pinsir habitat and the park down my street is Kabuto. The Lake used to be a Growlithe nest, which was awesome. I have kept 5 Arcanine, but have caught 7 overall. I've got over 100 Growlithe candy to power up my best Arcanine. I got Machamp from the Machop nest that used to be where what is now the Kabuto nest.

My best Pokemon are six that I consistently power up to keep them good. If it's a gym I know won't last long, I'll place them in there. If I fear that they will be defending that gym for a matter of weeks, I put one of my placeholder Arcanines in instead. This is the result of Dragonite being stuck in a gym for over a month. I had to beg the Facebook group to release it from the gym by defeating it.

Dragonite's my highest CP, but not necessarily my strongest, as it is only now that I've started caring about IVs. Turns out, he's 60% IVs. 63% to be exact. That hurts. But I love him anyway. Dragon Pulse is nice in that you can use a still powerful move twice. Steel Wing is nice for covering Fairies, even if it is slower than the Unova anime.

Next is Snorlax. I love my Snorlax. He was cursed with Earthquake instead of Hyper Beam, and while Lick is fast- which I prefer- it does like no damage at all. But he's 80ish percent IVs, and for something I caught in the wild as my first Snorlax by the church a block away, I'm proud of that. He's pretty much my best fighter. At ~2400 CP after all of that powering up.

Exeggutor is my next highest in CP. Exeggcute appear at night and I have an 80% IV one. It got stuck with Psychic instead of Solar Beam, which makes me cry every time. He's also really slow, but he's still useful. Plus, he fits pretty well in gyms.

My best Arcanine is mediocre IVs, but he still battles well. I think I actually prefer Flamethrower to Fire Blast anyway, and Bite is a nice and quick move. It's cool having a strong Fire type in this game.

Then there's Vaporeon. He's at 92% IVs of all RNGs. Of course, he doesn't have Hydro Pump, but at least it's not Water Pulse. Aqua Tail is alright. I don't fight with it too often, but when I do, it works out well. I like it's dodge animation where its butt jerks into the air.

Finally, there's my Gyarados, which thankfully has Hydro Pump. Bite and Hydro Pump along with what I believe is 70% IVs makes him handy. I'll never again have a better Gyarados, but more importantly, I'll never run out of Magikarp candies.

I still want a fighting Lapras. I'm also powering up my good IV Earthquake Nidoqueen that I'm hoping will be as good as the Pokemon Go bot says it will be. There's a bunch of my information on my Pokemon Go operations. Tell me of yours if you'd like.

I've pretty much consented to it ruining my life.

Recently, all of the Bulbasaur migrated to China of all places, so I'm stuck at 101 Bulbasaur candies, but I'd rather buddy for Charmander. Snorlax hatched, so I don't have to buddy with him anymore for candies for powering up. In place of Bulbasaur is Clefairy, and I hope that I can get a good Clefable. My current one was just from a lure and is quite weak. Is Clefable worth it, or is it better to go with a good Wigglytuff?

The Lake, which is a short name for a park where I catch nearly all of my Pokemon, is a Doduo nest. The Rec center is a Pinsir habitat and the park down my street is Kabuto. The Lake used to be a Growlithe nest, which was awesome. I have kept 5 Arcanine, but have caught 7 overall. I've got over 100 Growlithe candy to power up my best Arcanine. I got Machamp from the Machop nest that used to be where what is now the Kabuto nest.

My best Pokemon are six that I consistently power up to keep them good. If it's a gym I know won't last long, I'll place them in there. If I fear that they will be defending that gym for a matter of weeks, I put one of my placeholder Arcanines in instead. This is the result of Dragonite being stuck in a gym for over a month. I had to beg the Facebook group to release it from the gym by defeating it.

Dragonite's my highest CP, but not necessarily my strongest, as it is only now that I've started caring about IVs. Turns out, he's 60% IVs. 63% to be exact. That hurts. But I love him anyway. Dragon Pulse is nice in that you can use a still powerful move twice. Steel Wing is nice for covering Fairies, even if it is slower than the Unova anime.

Next is Snorlax. I love my Snorlax. He was cursed with Earthquake instead of Hyper Beam, and while Lick is fast- which I prefer- it does like no damage at all. But he's 80ish percent IVs, and for something I caught in the wild as my first Snorlax by the church a block away, I'm proud of that. He's pretty much my best fighter. At ~2400 CP after all of that powering up.

Exeggutor is my next highest in CP. Exeggcute appear at night and I have an 80% IV one. It got stuck with Psychic instead of Solar Beam, which makes me cry every time. He's also really slow, but he's still useful. Plus, he fits pretty well in gyms.

My best Arcanine is mediocre IVs, but he still battles well. I think I actually prefer Flamethrower to Fire Blast anyway, and Bite is a nice and quick move. It's cool having a strong Fire type in this game.

Then there's Vaporeon. He's at 92% IVs of all RNGs. Of course, he doesn't have Hydro Pump, but at least it's not Water Pulse. Aqua Tail is alright. I don't fight with it too often, but when I do, it works out well. I like it's dodge animation where its butt jerks into the air.

Finally, there's my Gyarados, which thankfully has Hydro Pump. Bite and Hydro Pump along with what I believe is 70% IVs makes him handy. I'll never again have a better Gyarados, but more importantly, I'll never run out of Magikarp candies.

I still want a fighting Lapras. I'm also powering up my good IV Earthquake Nidoqueen that I'm hoping will be as good as the Pokemon Go bot says it will be. There's a bunch of my information on my Pokemon Go operations. Tell me of yours if you'd like.
Why would you say a game has ruined your life? As long as you aren't so invested in it that you ignore other important things because of it, it shouldn't make you feel bad. The ultimate purpose of playing should be to have fun! If you get too invested into the game that it starts controlling your behavior or making you feel cruddy for extended periods of time because something didn't go the way you wanted, you really should reconsider why you play in the first place. If it makes you feel any better, i have 1/10 of what you have and my location is pretty much junk for pogo. I'm only at level 23 because I spent a week in spain and I went up to like level 21.5 in my time there, otherwise i'd probably just be nearing 20 at this point. I missed out on a dragonite, a machamp, and two snorlaxes in my time playing the game so far (all 3 of which are like massive goldmines for me, i've only caught one dragonair ever (0 dratini) and i have like 3 machop, and lax is lax my only strong mons are two vaporeons and a ;_; bite bulldoze canine)). I felt bad when I missed out on them, but it definitely hasn't ruined my life.

I just got a 98% Vaporeon with Aqua Tail and 92% Flareon with Fire Blast.

But other than that, it motivated me to walk around and talk to people, and that's amazing for an Aspie. My shrink even told me to keep playing as part of my treatment.

been like that for a while, that new security stuff that is blocking map scanners is probably interfering.
Niantic need to unblock those or give us the nearby thing.

Im in this morning :) but wouldnt connect at all yesterday :/ ...alls well that ends well i guess lol!
phalanx do you have a link for the nest location map you mention, im in the UK as well but only ever find maps that focus on the US? And is it user contribution based or used the games coding to find the spots?

Why would you say a game has ruined your life? As long as you aren't so invested in it that you ignore other important things because of it, it shouldn't make you feel bad. The ultimate purpose of playing should be to have fun! If you get too invested into the game that it starts controlling your behavior or making you feel cruddy for extended periods of time because something didn't go the way you wanted, you really should reconsider why you play in the first place. If it makes you feel any better, i have 1/10 of what you have and my location is pretty much junk for pogo. I'm only at level 23 because I spent a week in spain and I went up to like level 21.5 in my time there, otherwise i'd probably just be nearing 20 at this point. I missed out on a dragonite, a machamp, and two snorlaxes in my time playing the game so far (all 3 of which are like massive goldmines for me, i've only caught one dragonair ever (0 dratini) and i have like 3 machop, and lax is lax my only strong mons are two vaporeons and a ;_; bite bulldoze canine)). I felt bad when I missed out on them, but it definitely hasn't ruined my life.
I feel like there could be better things I can be doing other than Pokemon Go. I play it nearly every day. If it's lightly raining on and off, I'll go out.
But I don't mind it ruining my life.

Ouch, no Dragonite?
But Vaporeon's good.
A good IV Nidoqueen and other unexpected things can be pretty useful too.

I just got a 98% Vaporeon with Aqua Tail and 92% Flareon with Fire Blast.

But other than that, it motivated me to walk around and talk to people, and that's amazing for an Aspie. My shrink even told me to keep playing as part of my treatment.
Hm, doesn't seem to be hard to get a good IV Eeveelution, aside from evolving it into the right thing. But it has gotten me socializing, albeit with people a lot younger than me. But at least I look about their age, as I am apparently quite short for my age (even though I'm an average height among my peers).

Hatched a Grimer....
and its only 71.1% IV :(
THEN I'D BE GLAD TO TAKE IT!

nah you can have the 60% or the 66.6% :P

best way to win, is to get a good IVed Parasect with bug bite, and Solar beam, and a decent hydropump Vaporeon.

best catch so far is my 82.2% Poliwrath (yes as a Poliwrath) with Hydro pump, I have caught things like snorlax (twice) and Blastoise but the IV's are too low, and Lapras has junk IV's junk moves AND junk CP :(
so catching something rare, with good moves and IV's is like christmas.
just wish i could find a few more geodudes to finish Golem off.
oh.. and now i found a 93% drowzee... strongest yet... lol, and it got Shadow Ball as a Hypno... -_-

Last edited:
most I managed is 5... but I only got 3 gyms in my local area, and a 4th one a little bit further away any more is a bonus as its hard to just take gyms without traveling between them quickly.
and Superb
a 13/14/15 slowpoke spawns next to my house, CP was low, but evolved it anyway
423 CP
water gun
Psychic

looks like the low CP hurricane Pidgeot can wait -_-

Last edited:
nah you can have the 60% or the 66.6% :P

best way to win, is to get a good IVed Parasect with bug bite, and Solar beam, and a decent hydropump Vaporeon.

best catch so far is my 82.2% Poliwrath (yes as a Poliwrath) with Hydro pump, I have caught things like snorlax (twice) and Blastoise but the IV's are too low, and Lapras has junk IV's junk moves AND junk CP :(
so catching something rare, with good moves and IV's is like christmas.
just wish i could find a few more geodudes to finish Golem off.
oh.. and now i found a 93% drowzee... strongest yet... lol, and it got Shadow Ball as a Hypno... -_-
So if you don't want me to have it, then why complain? There are kids starving in Africa; hungry for Pokemon Go- which isn't even in their country- and you're worried about a 70% IV Grimer?

Also, if you're disappointed with the Hypno, I'd love to have it!

posting to say today was my first day collecting 10 gyms without having to do anything
I've managed to put 5 things in a gym at one time. 50 coin bonus is nice.

actually pokemon go IS out in africa.
and I'm annoyed because.
A. its an egg hatch which usally means 80%+ (well it does when it hatches into the junk)
B. grimer has no nests, so getting a decent one is luck of the gods, especially as its 5K egg, which has the biggest pool.
C. it wasn't an 80%+ exeggcute

actually pokemon go IS out in africa.
and I'm annoyed because.
A. its an egg hatch which usally means 80%+ (well it does when it hatches into the junk)
B. grimer has no nests, so getting a decent one is luck of the gods, especially as its 5K egg, which has the biggest pool.
C. it wasn't an 80%+ exeggcute
Can I have the Hypno?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
It's a shame team factions decide the gym meta so badly. I know of friends that have basically altogether switched teams with new accounts because their first, chosen team was the underdog (usually Instinct) and their hard work never paid off - if you are in the dominant team of your town / city / village, you can make level 10 gyms so quickly it's not even funny. Meanwhile I'm lucking out with 100 coins a day due to a pact all of the teams have here.

Speaking of gyms, that new method of prestiging seems to be out. Specifically, the part where CP scales in relation to the opposing mon. How do people feel about this and the 6 mon change once it happens in the future?

where I live we have red/blue competing, but travel towards the city and there is a Huge area of yellow team.. actual yellow team, owning many gyms O.O.
and no one can have the hypno, I will need it to clear out other hypnos :P
training will be easy now, as most people use the big 5.. Parasect has Low CP so will just destroy everything.
woo 100xp bonus for catching my 600th drowzee

where I live we have red/blue competing, but travel towards the city and there is a Huge area of yellow team.. actual yellow team, owning many gyms O.O.
and no one can have the hypno, I will need it to clear out other hypnos :P
training will be easy now, as most people use the big 5.. Parasect has Low CP so will just destroy everything.
woo 100xp bonus for catching my 600th drowzee
Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with getting a good Nice! or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)