Pokémon GO

went to the squirtle nest, caught an 82.2% squirtle, went off the usual farm route to a gym 20m away and found it there, where others just looped around before getting there, so pleased that I found it, especially as it evolved into Blastoise with Hydro pump.
also 10k hatched into a scyther with Bug buzz :pimp:

Last edited:
new update is out.. catch rates are not even noticeably changed by the badges.
but the fact I leveled a gym from taking it to 7.. with people trying to take it off me was a bit bonkers.
only reason I stopped at 7 was because it bugged.

Does anyone know a site about Go's metagame that is very trustworthy? I found gamepress, but I'm unsure of its reputation and sometimes their lists contradicts Smogon's own unofficial viability ranking while centering their metagame on Vaporeon while Eevee is scarce in where I study now. I'd like to start building teams now....

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
There are "none". While sites can give you an approximate ranking that is pretty accurate, the metagame will ultimately depend on your area and how common Pokemon are there. For example, where I live Dragonite and Gyarados are on virtually every gym due to their accesability, and Hypno is nowhere to be seen as Drowzee is a very rare spawn compared to other places. The one thing to take into account when looking at rankings is mainly what the Pokemon can accomplish (CP-wise, stat-wise, move-wise) and see how it fares against your local metagame - this is pretty much what sites like gamepress will aid in.

the Metagame DOES revolve around Vaporeon though, High CP, stupidly good damage output (not the best water.. starmie does more DPS) but has best of both.
where I level there are dragonites on gyms as well. but one guy has 3 of them, despite dratini being rare.
vaporeons are everywhere, drowzees are common here, but Hypno is hardly anywhere in Gyms, fair few Slowbros though. as well as the usual Snorlax Lapras.... etc
I do have a Poliwrath, (caught wild) in a gym though, great IV'ed and leveled up.

one guy even has a freaking Muk.... I mean... really.. either they rushed a random IVed grimer or got lucky.

Ach... where I study, Vee is rare except in few parts, yet there is a mall where Dratini often spawns, enabling dragons for those who have enough time on their hands. And I haven't seen any single Ice around here except from eggs. The metagame then pretty much becomes Dragonites vs everything else. People no longer use Vap for defense so often.
It is now awfully MUCH more complacent than anywhere else, I think.

Well, at least any recommendation on sites about the best move sets then? I have these fairies lying around. At least I only know my 13/15/12 Nidoqueen is the best one with great moveset.

I have 3 gengar (1 caught as such) dont really like the squishyness or the power moves available, so no I dont think it matters, only things gengar would be super effective against are super effective against it.. and stupidly bulky.
the best movesets are usually
1. same type as the pokemon
2. charge attack is higher damage (usually the single bar, but Psychic and Bug buzz are the best for those types and is split into 2)

dragonites, how easy is it for you to get a decent rock type? Golem with stone edge is good,

seadra and cloyster (Blizzard) IF you can dodge that is, however seadra doesnt get STAB.
oh and dewgong gets also Blizzard, IF you can find a seel (2 more candies for my next try at Blizzard Dewgong)
fairies..... Clefable gets Moonblast.. Wigglytuff gets Dazzling gleam... BUT hyperbeam is better (and stabbed)as well as bonkers HP
oh and tentacruel apparently gets Blizzard as well.

just used my Scyther for the first time as well... its amazing (not on dragonites.. obviously)

Dragonites here have reduced in number.. due to being in a high water type area, dratinis do spawn as a result... but as horsea, shellder and Seel pop up with enough frequency they are cut down... and we had a Geodude nest for a time as well... meaning stone edge golems.
and due to water biome... we also go Gyarados (dragon pulse), those fill up the gyms around here along with vaporeon...
Vaporeon is just too important for me, even more then having Parasect is to nuke them into next week... along with slowbros... Gyarados... Lapras.... or anything else it fancies using Solarbeam on.

its a shame that Ice Punch (Poliwrath, Jynx) is rubbish as well. as both of those are easyish to get... got a few decent jynx, and 3 poliwrath (poliwag fairly common)

and all this talk of Gyarados which is annoying.. I now have a proper counter... 1301 CP Electabuzz with Thunder spawned next to my house :D
my 1505 cp Electabuzz only has Thunder Bolt (and Low Kick..)
1301 makes it handy for gym leveling as well.

Last edited:
lol another Electabuzz spawned GG gyarados' CP 1324 but only thunderbolt.. but 3 of these guys + Parsect = GG most of the stuff sitting in Gyms
and some level 33 nolifer has cleared out a level 8 gym solo... at stupid o'clock
I am getting rather fed up of the RNG on this game now, 3 potions 8 super potions 16 Hyper potions, and 26 max potions 4 revives... 3 of which now get used o stuff cleared by this guy who is never around clearing out the gyms.
had over 150 pokeballs and 46 greatballs...
why is it when I need potions and revives I get spammed by pokeballs, and when I need pokeballs I end up with 82 revives and 82 potions...
I also got a nice 97% IVed Magikarp i got last week waiting for more candies for Gyarados #3 (I already got a 97% one with dragon pulse....)

this game is BORING AS HELL and kind of pointless now but i decided to play today and i caught 42 growlithes because there is a huge nest downtown so that was cool

and one of them evolved straight into a 2511 arcanine

If I delete the game and later re-download it with the same account, would all my data still be there when I re-download it? I have no space in my phone for it right now so until I get a better phone I unfortunately can't play this.

If I delete the game and later re-download it with the same account, would all my data still be there when I re-download it? I have no space in my phone for it right now so until I get a better phone I unfortunately can't play this.
Yep. I changed phones and everything was there.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do we know the new training mechanics? I think it's pretty much the same as before since I made 2800 vs six Pokémon (five with cp "disadvantage"), but does the final hit count? Or is it scaled depending on participation?

Do we know the new training mechanics? I think it's pretty much the same as before since I made 2800 vs six Pokémon (five with cp "disadvantage"), but does the final hit count? Or is it scaled depending on participation?
final hit and participation don't count. training exp is determined based on the cp of the highest pokemon in your team. gym pokemon are scaled down to your trainer lvl + 2 if necessary (i think, not sure on the numbers for this)

I am getting rather fed up of the RNG on this game now, 3 potions 8 super potions 16 Hyper potions, and 26 max potions 4 revives... 3 of which now get used o stuff cleared by this guy who is never around clearing out the gyms.
had over 150 pokeballs and 46 greatballs...
why is it when I need potions and revives I get spammed by pokeballs, and when I need pokeballs I end up with 82 revives and 82 potions...
Oh, this makes me think of how to organise bag stuffs as well.

Lately, I have been keeping it good, balancing healing stuffs and balls, but after I get more active in gyms, I start to get my stuffs depleted. Right now I have 100-ish Hyper Potion, but I used to have 150 to keep balance with around 125 balls+berry total.

I have always dropped some items to take more stuffs at stops. Immediately use lesser potions for those who need it and reserving Hyper potion for those who actually deserves it and keeping Revives at around 50 by reducing fainting casualties with quick switch. Now dropping the lesser balls when I want to renew more stuffs to immediately use the potions. Now I have like 8 Pokeballs and 72 Great Balls.

How do others organise their bags?

I get it balanced, and it just gives stuff I dont need, so it is always one or the other.
revives are just getting stupidly rare all of a sudden as well, those and berries used to take up most space.
oh and it seems the spawnpoints have changed.

Balancing items is quite tricky, I find. I haven't gotten the bag upgrade so I find I'm always a bit short on either balls or revives. For a while I hoarded Max Potions and had about 120, but now I've started burning through them and am down to 70 or so. I also try to use lesser potions immediately. If I have space I keep them around, but near the bag limit they get tossed pretty quickly.

Revives are always valuable, especially with the new training mechanics. It is smart if you can pull it off to switch when you're a low health, but training or taking down high level gyms often require burning six revives at once.

Regular pokeballs fluctuate the most. I've had as many as 150 and am currently at 5. I do always keep at least 20 ultra balls in case something rare pops up. Razz berries are trash except for around 10 or so, again in case of a rare pokemon or one I haven't captured yet.

latest estimate off pokestops spun so far is putting revives at something like 7% chance.
lucky for me I have only had to use 3 today, and own 6 gyms due to open slots +1 level up (where 1 revive was used), meaning i actually GAINED on revives today but still like 3 over what I had at the start of the day.
I got more Ultra balls... and far more great balls.

My Revives too are apparently in shortage. Can no longer keep it at more than 40.

I hate it when RNG decides to screw me over with the moves. Had this perfect tadpole ending up with mud shot :mad: Only one vee out of 12 ends up having Hydro Pump and it is low level while I'm still saving my candies....

At least I have more wonderfully outstanding tadpoles and puppies. Especially puppies, idk why they're difficult to get good IV. And think to buddy up with the seal until I get a good dragon killer.

Revives seem to be dropping again, got 15... was as low as 6 yesterday.
even after using a few leveling a gym due to random stuff being added halfway through my team selection

I just hatched Electabuzz from 10k egg.. caught 3 over the weekend as well, new one has best moveset and over 82% IV.
got the CAUGHT poliwrath with 82% IV sat in a gym (with bubble Hydro Pump) at 1930 CP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)