Pokémon GO

I'm curious, how do you guys keep your Pokemon storage? Do you keep a living dex? More than one species? Only the Pokemon you battle with?
I kinda keep a living dex, but not for all forms of the evo lines. Mostly, the pokemon in my box are either fully evolved or waiting to hit their candy quota. I also keep duplicates of some Gym Mons.

Last edited:
For the last few days the game (especially gyms) have been much slower than usual. Sometimes I can't transfer Pokemon or even load the sprites in my dex/storage. Spinning stops doesn't always work. And when entering gyms the 'GO' sign stays there for more than 10 seconds before the battle actually starts. This is on both Wi-Fi and 4G, so it's not my net. Anyone else experiencing this?

You're not alone here. I also like to play the game without any third party stuff. To me, knowing where all the Pokemon are, is like playing the main series and encountering all the unique species after each other as quickly as possible in a single patch of grass. It removes the entire game element for me.

Hey that's not true, don't make assumptions. A while back when the 'pink' event was going on (I think it was Valentine's) I got myself about 15-20 Chansey. They even spawned in my house during that event, and that's how I now have three Blissey (in combination with eggs). A friend of mine didn't even get one, but the area I live in just had a lot of Chansey. But since that event I haven't seen a single Chansey/Blissey in the wild or from eggs. The 100% ones are indeed pretty rare.
they are here, I saw a whole 2 chansey and got one from an egg... there are Blissey here, and high ones, but no one has 2.. let alone 100% IV and 97% IV. our pink event was Jigglypuff and Lickitung.

did got to the local Magikarp nest and got a nice 95%er... and got Bite Hydropump when I evolved it \o/

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For the last few days the game (especially gyms) have been much slower than usual. Sometimes I can't transfer Pokemon or even load the sprites in my dex/storage. Spinning stops doesn't always work. And when entering gyms the 'GO' sign stays there for more than 10 seconds before the battle actually starts. This is on both Wi-Fi and 4G, so it's not my net. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, big time, It almost got unplayable by the time I stopped playing tonight. It crashed literally every 2 minutes

e: restarted my app, then my phone, and one of those seemed to fix it

Last edited:
oh that, very frustrating same here, today and yesterday, one gym nearly impossible to prestige, I get 1 pokemon in, and it grinds to a complete halt.. trying to load all the sprites etc, I had to move position to actually fix it.. still slow, but at least I could get the team together.
today, that happened.
30-40 minutes later, GPS signal not found.... then it finds it again.... 3 minutes later have to completely restart as the GPS goes kaput (avatar just stands in 1 spot) and that stops any apps opening at all, so have to hard reset. (iphone hold both buttons down) then exactly the same 5 minutes later, I exit the game, try to load another app. again nothing.
It had been fine all day, I had been in a large park, no loss of signals no lags no nothing...

Mixed feelings about the new update. To me the evolution items were already common enough. This will mean that, within a few weeks, everyone has every evolution item. Doesn't have to be this easy imo.

Also, I'm trying out the bubblestrat again. But I can't get it to work. I'm putting a 26 CP Gastly with Astonish in a gym, while fighting it with a 13 CP Gastly with Lick. I manage to beat it every time, but instead of 1000 prestige and 100 EXP, I'm getting 100 prestige and 10 EXP. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Just tried attacking it with my 11 CP Gastly. I can still beat it, but I'm still just getting the 100 prestige.

Mixed feelings about the new update. To me the evolution items were already common enough. This will mean that, within a few weeks, everyone has every evolution item. Doesn't have to be this easy imo.

Also, I'm trying out the bubblestrat again. But I can't get it to work. I'm putting a 26 CP Gastly with Astonish in a gym, while fighting it with a 13 CP Gastly with Lick. I manage to beat it every time, but instead of 1000 prestige and 100 EXP, I'm getting 100 prestige and 10 EXP. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Just tried attacking it with my 11 CP Gastly. I can still beat it, but I'm still just getting the 100 prestige.
You must have had other Pokemon with too high CP in your team. It has to be as low as the attacking stratter. Prestige is calculated with highest CP mon in attacker's team, not just the one stratting. Yes, you need more 10CP mon to go with it. I actually was surprised this still worked and I managed to slip a Saidon on my old secret spot with two of these (glad I still keep my stratter).

Well, I'm all good for it, although maybe that's because I have relatively a lot of stops in this rather non-central place. I still need few more stuffs, and this would only mean I can now drop unused evo. items when I don't need it. I'm more hoping that they focus on optimisation though. iOS crashes aggressively and now I start to concern my phone's health thanks to this appli alone.

well the people on the pokemon go reddit are morons... really, someone clearing out gyms at 3am in an unlit wooded park along muddy paths, clearing out the gyms in there at a silly speed, and they still tell me it isn't a spoofer... they don't seem to actually read anything, they just jump to flipping whinepost and downvote, even when it is backstory as to why it is a spoofer in the first place, no wonder Spoofers never get banned, even when the person posting knows it is a spoofer.

the thread was about using gymhuntr as evidence to catch them in the act (which it would, hook line and sinker) and using at as evidence, except not being able to because it against TOS to use gymhuntr, and why Ninatic can't seem to be able to use their own data to catch them in the act. spoofers go around for months and don't get banned, gymhuntr could prove it in 10 minutes...

I havn't had an evo item for weeks... so this is a blessing as I just seem to get mostly upgrades.

lol I've only managed to snag the King's Rock since they released evolution items, so this will definitely help.

The Water Festival will begin in just under 4 hours and last one week

lol I've only managed to snag the King's Rock since they released evolution items, so this will definitely help.

The Water Festival will begin in just under 4 hours and last one week
I pray to Arceus this means I can finally stamp that empty slot of Laplace. Everything else, nah, except Chinchou? maybe.
Although extra Gyarados doesn't hurt though. Good gym fodder and good food for my Jolteon and Lanturn from other trainers.

... and pray we don't get bombarded by useless scraps already omnipresent like Krab or Wooper.

Last edited:
really... a water event... I live near a water biome... and water spawns around here.. the last thing I need are MORE water pokes.

I live in a big city with a lot of Pokestops ... I managed to gather all evolutions items in less than 2 weeks and I have already another set of new evolutions items

I'll have to review this: 7.8 / 10 Too much water.

... that said, I still hope to fill that one last slot of GenI legendary. I wish I lived near that Laplace dash area....

Oh, also, shiny Pokemon now live, and one can have shiny mon with awful IV or moveset.
Let the hunt begin.

Last edited:
well the city WAS apparently spurting out Dratini at a bonkers rate... and Niantic fixed it :(
and the largest nest in the area is Caterpie, AGAIN... was that only a few migrations ago :(

Well, walking around campus wanting to catch cute ghosts Muuma, when in the sightings suddenly there's shadow of something large....
... Behold, a Laplace!! Rushed quickly to seek it around and met it, and caught it!!

Lord Arceus listened to my prayer. Finally, that spot is filled. (。≧▽≦)ノ
... said thing has awful IV and all Water moves, basically making it a scrappy Vaporeon...
Oh well, at least I got it now. Now I wish to meet more as I need proper dragonslayers.

Well, walking around campus wanting to catch cute ghosts Muuma, when in the sightings suddenly there's shadow of something large....
... Behold, a Laplace!! Rushed quickly to seek it around and met it, and caught it!!

Lord Arceus listened to my prayer. Finally, that spot is filled. (。≧▽≦)ノ
... said thing has awful IV and all Water moves, basically making it a scrappy Vaporeon...
Oh well, at least I got it now. Now I wish to meet more as I need proper dragonslayers.
Nice! Too bad its old movesets aren't available anymore :(

Nice! Too bad its old movesets aren't available anymore :(
I recall it can still use Frost Breath? / Ice Beam, can't it? That should still be good enough if I can find that. Same with Dugong, Blizzard no longer available (glad I keep my legacy one, still best anti-'gon trainer and slayer).

Edit: or was it the other quick move that's available?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)