Pokémon GO

Hmm okay, weird.

Still haven't encountered a shiny Karp/Gyarados... I hope I still have a chance since the spawn rate is going to decrease after the event ends :/

back to normal spawnrate... Swinubs have been reduced \o/... they have just been replaced by junk.

a Park that closes at dusk.. has changed hands twice in an hour.... turns out some players I thought were legit.. might not be.

oh and now a Pokemon I had in a level 8 gym returned to me.. which is in some backstreet... 12 fucking pokemon wasted to get that in there and it gets returned... the gym got cleared out and is... My faction .. when are Ninatic going to actually fix spoofers, one gym I used to have a poke in is level 10 my faction after a load of shavers removed half the stuff. one such player seems to have gyms sat in massive towers in a town an hour away.
Niantic actually going to start penalising selfish play because I am getting fed up of putting stuff in gyms, throwing huge amount of resources into a gym because it is something that SHOULD last more then 9 hours.
funny how all these tower players are all 35+ with maxed out dragonites ttars and Snorlax all over the place, and dont give a flying fuck about anyone bit themselves.. they lose gyms, they just ruin somewhere else.

oh and I found a nest within a nest.. large park near me where i went for Totodile... has a single pokestop spawning Shuckle.

Last edited:
I don't know about spoofers, but here, multi accounts are a big problems. Gym shaving particularly in stagnant areas like near outskirts is quite common. Spoofers do damages to metagame, but multi accounts ruin others' game directly. To know one's 'mon was kicked by own teammates hurts more than kicked out by rival player destroying gym. Those backstabbers....

Anyway, to wrap it up, 4 Lappies, finally. All are poor IV, and 2 are just wannabe Vapie. Sighs, at least this 1566 CP Blizzard one kills dragons so quickly.
I'll hope to get more dragonslayers. I can only depend on Dewgong now, and that's if I'm lucky enough with movesets.
I have enough to evolve 5, not going to pull the trigger too soon....
Now to find good Kabuto, and GenI is literally finished for me (save for regionals; Not going to fly overseas just for that).

... I can now rest in peace.

breh

強いだね
Also what do you use to check IVs? I use Auto IV Checker but sometimes it gives you multiple results (leaves 2+ options). Any suggestions on what is the best 1 to use?
tbh even if it leaves two options it really doesn't matter in the end since pokemon go IVs are more for the purpose of a virtual dick measuring contest than a particularly competitive game (unless the pokemon is dragonite, blissey, or snorlax and you specifically want to put those on top of a gym)... if it's 80%+ it's generally good enough in practice and moveset is probably more important anyway. personally, I just use the generic iv calc for this purpose, though, and usually get fairly precise results on mons out of eggs

also the game has been crashing for me incessantly on android, which is actually new. I've had it softlock / freeze before, but never straight up crash (like close self and throw "Pokemon Go has stopped working."). literally crashed like 3 times in an hour :/

Can you confirm what the point of bubble strat is?

I know it's about making a gym a level 10, but as the people who put pokemon in gyms are locked from putting other Pokémon in the same gym, they sort of lose out on being able to get coins.

Also basically they have to wait for their pokemon to get defeated by another team in order to put in a mainstay. Since other teams can just 1HKOs weak Pokémon, it will be easy to take over.

Do players using bubble strat switch to a different colored team on another account and challenge their own gym to defeat a level 10 gym and make it level 9, then switch accounts to deposit a stronger one? Like, do they prestige it back to level 10 again and then deposit their stronger one?

Plus if you don't have a dedicated group, it's hard to do it yourself because other people might see a near empty level 10 gym. (You prestige it by rechallenging, but cannot deposit more than 1 pokemon per gym on your accounts).

I see it as making a gym strong for someone else... how many low levels for bubble strat to be worth while? 2-3? I know there are articles, but for this topic I want to ask people whom actually do it...

Also what do you use to check IVs? I use Auto IV Checker but sometimes it gives you multiple results (leaves 2+ options). Any suggestions on what is the best 1 to use?
Huh, I have a feeling you don't really understand the bubblestrat. Let me explain:

It's a strategy which invloves beating a Pokemon that's at least two times higher than your highest Pokemon. So let's say I'm on team blue, and I find a red gym. I first want to beat down that gym until it becomes neutral. Then I place my defender in the gym, which would be a 26 CP Gastly with Astonish. There are tons of other options, but I'm going to use the most used one for now. Astonish because the animation is very long. Then I want to 'train up' that gym with a Pokemon that's max 13 CP or lower. I usually pick another Gastly, 13 CP, with Lick. The rest of your team doesn't matter, as long as it's max 13 CP or lower.

Every time I beat that 26 CP Gastly with my 13 CP Gastly the gym gains 1000 prestige and I get 100 EXP. I can do that max 52 times; then the gym has 52000 prestige. If you do it fast, you can train up a gym to 50k in about 20 minutes. Obviously, when you do it with more people, it goes faster.

I hope this clears it up.

Last edited:
how hard is it for Ninatic to combat spoofing by putting closing times on gyms in large parks/countryside where they operate? fed up of having my pokemon returned at 11pm-3am from unlit country parks.

breh

強いだね
I think they're talking about the fact that somebody else has to remove your 26 cp gastly from the bottom before you can get coins from this whole endeavor. Thus, you need somebody on another team to kick it out for you.

also @above I have definitely walked around at late hours to get gyms before (if the weather is nice, ofc; also walking helps me sleep)

I think they're talking about the fact that somebody else has to remove your 26 cp gastly from the bottom before you can get coins from this whole endeavor. Thus, you need somebody on another team to kick it out for you.
Uh, okay, but then I still don't understand your point. Why would somebody else have to remove my 26 CP Gastly from the bottom? If I put the Gastly in, then that's my Pokemon in that gym. Other people (on the same team) can add their mons as the gym levels up. But the 26 CP Gastly could even be in there for 100 years, and it still won't make a difference. The only difference it makes is that other teams can beat the gym a bit easier because there's one shitmon in it. But if a gym is level 10 with 10 Pokemon in it, there are still 10 people who can redeem coins from that gym every day...

Last edited:

also @above I have definitely walked around at late hours to get gyms before (if the weather is nice, ofc; also walking helps me sleep)
not in a woodland park where 2 of the gyms are downhill in unlit mud paths.. or when a park is actually closed.

That part is easily invalidated by having secondary account to kick the bubbler, another sin against TOS.

yup can't do that..

Ninatic giveth and taketh away... got my 500 egg hatch.. a (yes another) 100% IV Dratini.... and then I find a wild dragonite that runs after one ball (300 odd CP.. but still).

another day another random name level 6 mystic gym in the area from nothing within hours..

Last edited:
o look once again random out of towners trash the local gyms, and STILL ignore the spoofer tower, honestly getting fed up of wasting my potions and revives reviving stuff while spoofers sit there claiming coins every day.

and low level stuff in gyms is a no-no, all it does is allow someone attacking the gym a free pokemon to power up a charge attack on.

...but it relies on so many factors...
I can't agree. The only actual effort it takes is beating down the gym so you can make it your own color. As soon as you did that you could do the rest with your eyes closed. Yes, you need other teammates to put Pokemon in the gym. But enemy teams (at least here) rarely even try to take down level 10 gyms that are filled with Dragonite/T-Tar/Blissey. So one single shitmon in the gym isn't going to make a difference.

I've done this so many times later in the evening when there's no chance that someone else is around to attack the gym. Easy level 10+ gym

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Yeah but that's part of the gym game right now. Until Niantic does the gym rework, all that matters is CP and trying to put yourself at a point in a gym where you won't be shaved off. Low level gyms are low effort / time efficient / potion efficient for everyone to take down so they are constantly shuffling, high level gyms stay high as rival teams don't touch them unless there's a raid or something.

Even with spoofers existing, it IS viable to actually make level 10 towers and have them stand. Location and team mates will always be a factor and that may prevent you from being able to stack level 10 towers but it's just a matter of persistence (in my opinion) in being able to keep high level gyms.

every time we got to level 10 here, some random smashes them, usually some mystic who are the worst culprits for stagnating all the gyms in the first place.
I put my Espeon in a gym, in slot #7 with slot #1 being the bottom.... today it was in slot #4... because randoms always attack that gym due to city locations, and some random then prestige's it back and puts dragonite in.

breh

強いだね
Uh, okay, but then I still don't understand your point. Why would somebody else have to remove my 26 CP Gastly from the bottom? If I put the Gastly in, then that's my Pokemon in that gym.
if you don't live on the gym, somebody low on the other team kicks your gastly out like an hour later or something after you've left and somebody else on your team puts in their own mon. suddenly you have a level 10 gym that nobody on the opposing team really wants to fight because they really can't be fucked and you can't put anything in.

if you don't live on the gym, somebody low on the other team kicks your gastly out like an hour later or something after you've left and somebody else on your team puts in their own mon. suddenly you have a level 10 gym that nobody on the opposing team really wants to fight because they really can't be fucked and you can't put anything in.
Ah I see. I guess I wasn't aware of that because thatt hasn't happened to me yet. Thanks for clarifying.

Also, finally had enough candy to evolve my Pupitar into a Tyranitar. And guess what? TRASH moveset...

Man.... ****.

Funnest thing to do? Is put up 3k+ Blisseys with a group of friends in a gym. Max it out and just rack in the coins! We've got a Valor Gym nearby that's technically level 12 but is set at 10 with 54k, all of us put in a 3k Blissey. Been up well over three weeks now and isn't showing any signs of being taken down anytime soon. We took over 4 more gyms recently, two are challenged regularly but the others let us just rake in the money. Good times. ♥

my 2.7k keeps getting returned.. and as usual, my espeon in a gym, go to work, and it has been removed while the gym is still red.. and was level 10 so couldn't put it back. why cant a player who was removed have the spot reserved so people can't just shave.

Funnest thing to do? Is put up 3k+ Blisseys with a group of friends in a gym. Max it out and just rack in the coins! We've got a Valor Gym nearby that's technically level 12 but is set at 10 with 54k, all of us put in a 3k Blissey. Been up well over three weeks now and isn't showing any signs of being taken down anytime soon. We took over 4 more gyms recently, two are challenged regularly but the others let us just rake in the money. Good times. ♥
I hate you.

Blissey are a pain in the freaking ass to kill. If I would take the time to dodge its moves properly the time will eventually run out and I won't even get anything. So I pretty much have to keep bashing the screen to see that slowly all my Pokemon are being sacrificed....

that's why I have exeggutor 2613 with confusion/solarbeam, rips through 3k Blissey like paper.
Really? I'm trying to use Machamp, but some Blissey still hit me with their Psychic... Why does specifically Exeggutor work so well against Blissey?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Exeggutor has a high DPS output and resists the optimal Blissey fast move in Gyms (Zen Headbutt) as well as Psychic. It also has high survivability in general so it's not a shit attacker like Alakazam / Espeon / Gengar.

I've never had issues dodging with 3.1K Blissey and below simply because of raw DPS (Dragonite, Tyranitar) or super effective coverage (Heracross), but I realize not everyone has the squads high level players have. For players who do not have raw DPS backing them up (or the necessary level to beat high Blissey), teamwork is huge for Blissey and will dispatch them (with patience).

Blissey is a blessing to the gym meta as an actual defender and I welcome its inclusion. The truth is that Blissey will always take long to kill for anyone and that's why people hate her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)