Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New trailer.

There's not much of anything new; but the clearly most notable thing here is that it shows - for a split second - Ash's Greninja temporarily turning into Ash Greninja. And not with the Mega Evolution animation either. So with this in mind we can gather that, for one of course it's not permament, and two it's definitely not a Mega Evolution because come on they always have a flashy animation for it.
Also Malva seems to have a Mega Houndoom I guess
We have a visible cut between Greninja with red glowing eyes and "Ash Form" Greninja stating the attack, there could be room for a mega evolution animation

We have a visible cut between Greninja with red glowing eyes and "Ash Form" Greninja stating the attack, there could be room for a mega evolution animation
I think that's a bit of a stretch and more reliant on the video quality than anything. Mega Evolution animations are impressive and take up quite a bit of time; this is literally Greninja changing colours and dashing forward in an - admittedly cool - water tornado. Everything shown so far says this is simply a new form of Greninja while having aspects that contradicts the idea of it being a Mega.

Maybe Greninja's costume change is just something unique to Greninjas as a species. You don't need to say "Well PIKACHU never got a stupid mask!", because maybe Pikachus don't have the ability to spawn stupid masks as a sign of strong loyalty to a trainer.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I wonder if the Break Evolution in TCG would have any links to this Ash Greninja at all. (Albeit it doesn't look anything like it aesthetically)
TCG stuff sometimes do appear in the main games after generations.

I wonder if the Break Evolution in TCG would have any links to this Ash Greninja at all. (Albeit it doesn't look anything like it aesthetically)
TCG stuff sometimes do appear in the main games after generations.
I don't recall that ever happening with the exception of Dark Pokemon appearing as Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and XD. Where else did it occur?

I'm sure the concept is similar, but that could be said with any non-Mega transformation of a fully evolved Pokemon. Something like BREAK Evolution or Lvl X.

Well, they should, because franchise mascot. [/s]

This idea is actually a nice one. Working off this theory, that such a capability is unique to Greninja, what makes them so special?
Reposting because my browser was acting up and I took it down thinking I posted this twice.

Alright, now that I've read the whole topic.

Possible spots for new land in Z? (I made these observations aaaaages ago, and have just given a quick look at the map, and they seem to be just).

1) Left of starting town, main south area. That's pretty barren for such lush grass land.

2) Big green north of Geosenge, seems like a big area. If there's more on the weapon I could see that area open up more.

3) Top right/bottom right of map past mountains. Covered by clouds. Mainly the top right, but man is that suspicious, especially since we clearly see grassland.

4) There's 4 terminus cave entrances. 3 are open, with the other just casually blocked off with a small few rocks. I find this suspicious, given just past this area on the map is the aforementioned area above.

Moondial

We have a referenced Moondial to go along with the Sundial. My theory is it's in the region Kalos went to war with.

Honestly, until recently I believed Z would feature an extra region, with it being to the east of Kalos, with the extra Terminus cave exit/entrance opening up for passage through, and another way back and forth being the "other" train also having it's own path through/over the mountains.

EDIT: Oh, and Pikachu, I found this! (These are all things/mysteries/whatever I posted elsewhere when the game first came out).

That Hiker that gives Strange Souvenir. Now, what with this games massive leanings to all things OOPA/conspiracies/AA (ancient giants? Impossible ancient technology? Ancient astronauts/space visitors. Etc.) that item sort of looks like ancient Mayan/Incan/Peru/whatever idols of reptilian (alien) gods. Check its little nostrils out.

I just thought that was worth posting.

Last edited:
I mean, I don't think there's anywhere that states this thing is unique to Greninja alone. It could easily be all three Kalos Starters; and the only reason they're showing Greninja with it is, well... because it's the starter Ash happens to have.

Looks like something out of Indonesia more than a Mayan thing, trust me they did rock more than wood as itzli was very important to them, be jade or flintstone they liked to do carvings of faces there, also the faces they carved where rather cute unless it was an offering tool for the precursor beast(a shared myth of Mayan and Aztec of how Jaguar and snake killed the primordial beast and shaped the universe with its skin, sounds Nordish and Sumerian as fuck) wich made the sacrificial knives really creepy with the whole turtle-fish-crocodile primordial beast with 4 eyes.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Alright, now that I've read the whole topic...
Referring to my post in the Mysteries thread, keep the stuff about Pokémon Z in the Pokémon Z thread. I tried to move the offending posts over, but might have botched it a little. Anyway, keep the Mysteries thread free of speculation on things that almost certainly will be resolved/referred in Pokémon Z.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Master X:
New Locations:
Not so sure about that, for one thing it's probably where most of the Ultimate Weapon control facility is underground. The only reason we'll be there is if we were allowed to explore what remains of the facility but that'll mostly take place underground (maybe in the forest there's another secret entrance but that's all they'd use the forest for).
3. Top right I can maybe see getting too if they reveal a passage to it from Frost Cavern, but the bottom right area? The only way I can see to it is either by flying or letting us surf through the various rivers.
4. Well considering that's where we found Zygarde and he just gotten a batch of new Formes...

And let's not forget they can create new places within old locations, like remember in BW2 them adding the Castelia Sewers?

Moondial: The moondial thing is just someone saying they exist, they're not saying there's a moondial equivalent to Anistar's Sundial.

Idol: The idol looks like a Hawaiian tiki to me. I think it was decided there's really nothing else to talk about with the Strange Souvenir, we know nothing about it or what's it representing so really nothing to talk about. I suggest waiting until XY2/Z is released before we decide it needs any more speculation. If it does anything it'll be in XY2/Z; it's not a Key Item so its transferable via a Pokemon holding it.

I don't recall that ever happening with the exception of Dark Pokemon appearing as Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum and XD. Where else did it occur?

I'm sure the concept is similar, but that could be said with any non-Mega transformation of a fully evolved Pokemon. Something like BREAK Evolution or Lvl X.
Abilities were introduced in the TCG before it became a part of the games. But, you know, I could see how you could miss that, seeing as though they have been around forever and are so integral to the pokemon.

Master X:
New Locations:
Not so sure about that, for one thing it's probably where most of the Ultimate Weapon control facility is underground. The only reason we'll be there is if we were allowed to explore what remains of the facility but that'll mostly take place underground (maybe in the forest there's another secret entrance but that's all they'd use the forest for).
3. Top right I can maybe see getting too if they reveal a passage to it from Frost Cavern, but the bottom right area? The only way I can see to it is either by flying or letting us surf through the various rivers.
4. Well considering that's where we found Zygarde and he just gotten a batch of new Formes...

And let's not forget they can create new places within old locations, like remember in BW2 them adding the Castelia Sewers?

Moondial: The moondial thing is just someone saying they exist, they're not saying there's a moondial equivalent to Anistar's Sundial.

Idol: The idol looks like a Hawaiian tiki to me. I think it was decided there's really nothing else to talk about with the Strange Souvenir, we know nothing about it or what's it representing so really nothing to talk about. I suggest waiting until XY2/Z is released before we decide it needs any more speculation. If it does anything it'll be in XY2/Z; it's not a Key Item so its transferable via a Pokemon holding it.
It's unlikely to do anything there, either, as it's still taking place in Kalos. It's probably just a cheeky tiki-shaped red herring along with the Backpacker that gives it to you.

Whoops, looks like I quoted a ghost. Huh.

Anyway, uh, it's interesting that Zygarde's forms go cell-dog-snake-humanoid. That's a weird evolutionary pattern. I like that they didn't do something more obvious or cliche, even if it just puzzles me at what they are going for.

Whoops, looks like I quoted a ghost. Huh.

Anyway, uh, it's interesting that Zygarde's forms go cell-dog-snake-humanoid. That's a weird evolutionary pattern. I like that they didn't do something more obvious or cliche, even if it just puzzles me at what they are going for.
Oops, sorry dude. I didn't think people wanted to post about them here (and I didn't really have much more to add). I was just a little weirded they were moved to the normal Z topic. No one seems to think they have anything to do with it (Z), yet it got moved to the official Z topic? Rather than mysteries. Odd. Totem was already discussed in mysteries. Moondials a mystery if there is one (I was going with a sun empire versus moon empire, which is pretty common, and given Kalos's France Sun King and other references...) and the "corner of map with clouds with something obviously under it" has been used in multiple Pokemon games as mysteries.

If you remember your post, dude, feel free to post it.

As for Zy's forms...I think it's likely there's more. At least I'd hope there's more.

That Hiker that gives Strange Souvenir. Now, what with this games massive leanings to all things OOPA/conspiracies/AA (ancient giants? Impossible ancient technology? Ancient astronauts/space visitors. Etc.) that item sort of looks like ancient Mayan/Incan/Peru/whatever idols of reptilian (alien) gods. Check its little nostrils out.
As well as the conspiracy theory that the wealthy elite plans to wipe of 90% of the world's population so they can keep the world's resources for themselves. I couldn't help but notice that Team Flare's plan was similar.

I just realized something. Look at Zygarde's Dex entries for X and OR:

"When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."

From this, I assume that 50% is its normal form; when it has to move faster, the core sheds some cells to take on the 10% form, but is more vulnerable in this state. The core itself is only exposed when it's been attacked and the cells have been blown off (again, similarly to Master Core in SSB4). And the Complete form? That's the "secret power" that the Dex is talking about.

It's been hiding under our noses all this time.

I just realized something. Look at Zygarde's Dex entries for X and OR:

"When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."

From this, I assume that 50% is its normal form; when it has to move faster, the core sheds some cells to take on the 10% form, but is more vulnerable in this state. The core itself is only exposed when it's been attacked and the cells have been blown off (again, similarly to Master Core in SSB4). And the Complete form? That's the "secret power" that the Dex is talking about.

It's been hiding under our noses all this time.
Yes and no. A quick Google search two weeks ago would reveal all the weird, bigger-snake ideas people had about what that "secret power" form of Zygarde would look like. But they did clarify a little bit when they posted Zyg's forms on the english site. Underneath Zygod, the caption is something like "When Zygarde 50% is facing an environmental threat that it can't handle, it changes into this form for more power". So it's all beautifully cohesive.

Also, the computer legendary requests for more processing power, lol.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
lucariomaster2: I don't think the core would be revealed that easily, otherwise when we battled it it would have fallen apart on us. My guess is that it prefers to be in 50% Forme all the time unless environmental disasters force it to 100%. 10% is more of a emergency forme probably. Like something forced it to separate its cells and now it has to reform. Having to collect enough cells to become 50% would be such a hassle so it has 10% just so it has a battle-ready body that's also fast and it only needs 100 cells (I'm assuming due to its "Thousand" signature moves its made of a thousand cells) to make it.

lucariomaster2: I don't think the core would be revealed that easily, otherwise when we battled it it would have fallen apart on us. My guess is that it prefers to be in 50% Forme all the time unless environmental disasters force it to 100%. 10% is more of a emergency forme probably. Like something forced it to separate its cells and now it has to reform. Having to collect enough cells to become 50% would be such a hassle so it has 10% just so it has a battle-ready body that's also fast and it only needs 100 cells (I'm assuming due to its "Thousand" signature moves its made of a thousand cells) to make it.
Hmm, I guess Zygarde was so forgettable in XY that I forgot we battled it at all. Maybe the case is that in 50% form, there are inner layers of cells that act as reinforcement, preventing it from falling apart. In 10%, on the other hand, there's only one layer of cells (more would weigh it down), so they're not as stable.

I suppose the only way to know for sure is wait until we get more intel. :P

I don't know if this has been asked before but... What was Zygarde doing when Kalos was about to be destroyed by Team Flare!?!?

It is like Ruby and Sapphire all over again. The world is about to be destroyed by either intense heat or rain but only when both of these catastrophes happen at the same time Rayquaza appeared(Because GF wanted to cash in on another game, Emerald).

So in XY the world was almost destroyed by the ultimate weapon using either Xerneas or Yveltal as power source and Zygarde was like "f it I will only intervene if they gimme my own game/anime >:("

If they use the same plot device of RSE for XYZ (Xerneas and Yveltal appear and Zygarde stops them), I'll be really annoyed. Can't they do a story without that obvious plothole? Well I guess the plothole is already there since we can find Zygarde chillin deep inside Terminus cave in XY.

I don't know if this has been asked before but... What was Zygarde doing when Kalos was about to be destroyed by Team Flare!?!?

It is like Ruby and Sapphire all over again. The world is about to be destroyed by either intense heat or rain but only when both of these catastrophes happen at the same time Rayquaza appeared(Because GF wanted to cash in on another game, Emerald).

So in XY the world was almost destroyed by the ultimate weapon using either Xerneas or Yveltal as power source and Zygarde was like "f it I will only intervene if they gimme my own game/anime >:("

If they use the same plot device of RSE for XYZ (Xerneas and Yveltal appear and Zygarde stops them), I'll be really annoyed. Can't they do a story without that obvious plothole? Well I guess the plothole is already there since we can find Zygarde chillin deep inside Terminus cave in XY.
The new Zygarde game, if it is just a rehash of XY, will supersede XY. XY will be non-canon. If it is a sequel, then the plothole will still exist.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

The environment wasn't in danger at that moment. Team Flare had just risen the Ultimate Weapon which only tossed around a few buildings. I'm sure had it started firing off death from above it'll probably have activated and tried destroying but until then it doesn't know nor cares. Xerneas/Yveltal were in their tree/cocoon form having the energy they're building up in that form drained so they weren't being hurt just kept from getting enough power to revive themselves (though even then they for some reason awoke when the player came to them).

In order to get Zygarde active in the plot they either need to 1. have Zygarde attacked (and possibly split up) or 2. have the environment messed with.

He MAY have just arrived to Kalos too only to find out it was too late. Or maybe it was on the watch for something serious to begin to happen. But then you stop it. Maybe that's why you can't get to him before you beat the game either. Maybe the 10% form might be something it develops now to get to where it needs to go quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)