Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn and Suicune have some really good defensive synergy together as Ferrothorn resists Grasses and Electrics whereas Suicune can switch into Fire attacks. Considering this is Roar Cune, Ferrothorn provides a utility that Cune can take advantage of - Spikes. With Spikes up, Suicune is able to phaze out and soften up some would be checks and counters, namely things like Manaphy, Slowbro, and things that might try to Calm Mind war against you. Ferrothorn is also very good at removing certain mons that Suicune appreciates gone. These include mons such as M-Alt, Clefable, Kyub-B etc.

Last edited:
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earthquake

This is one of the few times I'd say Mega Sceptile is better than Serperior. Firstly, the extra Speed it has allows it to outpace foes like LO Tornadus-T, Thundurus-I and Mega Manectric, all of whom it can KO with just a little prior damage. Mega Sceptile is also immune to Thunder Wave allowing it to handle teams which rely on Thundurus-I better. Then, Mega Sceptile beats Water-types with Leaf Storm and can also check Dragon-types like Kyurem-B and Lati@s.

Last edited:

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt / Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

Solid stop to a very large variety of Grass-types, especially if you don't eat a status move on entry, considering you're most likely going to stonewall them with a combination of Roost and status (or straight-up go for the OHKO in some cases). Bulk Up lets you set up on M-Sab, but CM Roar Suicune doesn't really have problems with it anyways, so I'd recommend Taunt 90% of the time. Also a nice answer to Heatran and Char-Y, both of which run Solar Beam on at least one of their sets and can ruin Suicune's sweep before it starts. Certainly doesn't help against electrics, but it answers a very large number of defensive threats and wallbreakers, most notably Unaware Clefable. Suicune, in turn, helps with a fair number of Rock and Ground types like Mega Diancie, Tyranitar (even CB, although it's shaky if you can't burn it), and Lando-T.

They share a common threat in Electric-types, so finding a teammate that covers it (especially on a balance team, which Suicune + SDef Talon fits to a T) shouldn't be an issue.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic

I've spent, like, three hours writing about this on Saturday in good cores so I'm not gonna go too in-depth here (that and my ipad is about to die). Basically, Zapdos is able to cover a few things that give Suicune trouble, namely Grass-types but also electrics to a leser extent (it can usually clear them of a buttload of PP before its forced out by them). In exchange, Suicune takes on Excadrill with a little more consistency and can help ease other matchups for Zapdos that I'm too lazy to list. I generally prefer CroCune with this thing, but honestly saying whether CroCune or Roar+CM Cune is better with this thing is like trying to choose between oranges and tangerines.

Last edited:
SpD Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Heatran checks very well Grass types (including not-HP Ground Serperior) and is neutral to Electric types (mainly SpAttackers) which murder Suicune.

Lava Plume is the basic STAB option complementing Suicune's Scald very well with a useful burn chance to punish common switch-ins (i.e. Azumarill and Landorus-T). Toxic is critical for Heatran to cripple bulky Water-types, wear down Keldeo, Roost Latios, Mega Charizard X and Talonflame; it also prevents Pokemon from setting up for free. Taunt is is crucial to deal with Calm Mind Clefable and is incredibly useful against balanced and stall teams, allowing Heatran to wear down defensive Pokemon, such as Chansey, Mandibuzz, and Mega Venusaur.
The last slot is occupied by SR (even better with Roar support) because Heatran is one of the most consistent SR user in the OU tier, boasting a good matchup against common Defog users (i.e. Latios, Latias, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, and Zapdos, and Excadrill) while being able to set up the entry hazard on a high number of popular Pokemon. It also has a good matchup against Mega Sableye thanks to the Lava Plume's burn which lowers its longevity.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

Although Mega Altaria has been having a rough time in OU lately, it's able to help CM Cune with several issues. For example, Cune dislikes offensive Electric-types like Thund-I, Mega Manec, and Raikou. Other offensive threats, like Zard-Y, also have the potential to overpower Cune with Solar Beam. Furthermore, it's troubled by Grass-types like Serp, Celebi, and Loom. Pokemon with Water Absorb, such as Seismitoad and Jelli, also pose issues given their ability to wall Cune completely. With its good bulk and typing, Mega Altaria is able to handle or take advantage of these threats in one way or another, making it a nice partner in this regard.

While blessed with impressive amounts of bulk, Cune's lack of reliable recovery can make life a challenge when it comes to consistently taking hits from a few offensive threats, such as Specs Keld and Zard-X. This is especially the case with SR up and Cune's tendency to have its Leftovers removed from things like Torn-T and Weavile. This is where Mega Altaria comes in, doubling up as a check to Pokemon like Keldeo and Zard-X to relieve some pressure from Cune.

Although something like Mega Latias can also check many of the Pokemon mentioned above, Mega Altaria differentiates itself here by serving as a cleric with Heal Bell. Although this won't work in every single game, the option to cure Cune of its own sleep and status overall in situations where you need the big guy to be awake is definitely nice to have. In exchange for the help Mega Altaria provides, Cune is able to handle or check threats like Tran, Mega Gross, Jirachi, and Talon. Scald's tendency to burn Pokemon like Ferro is also something Mega Altaria benefits from. Lastly, Cune can threaten a few Ground-types Mega Altaria is bothered by, examples being Exca and Lando-T. Overall, these two Pokemon cover each other nicely, all while providing a team with two decent win conditions and a solid defensive backbone.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off

In practical terms, there are 2 ways to deal with Suicune. 1. Break it, 2. Wall it. Given that this is Roar Cune, walling it is less of an issue so the primary concern is stopping stuff from breaking it.

Mega Venusaur beats pretty much every relevant Grass- and Electric-type (Suicune's 2 weaknesses) that would hope to break/annoy Suicune. Serperior, Breloom, Amoonguss (Clear Smog), Mega Sceptile, Thundurus, Raikou and Mega Manectric. Some may say that Electrics just Volt Switch out - and this is true. However this kind of Suicune set is gonna be found on hazard stacking builds so Volt Switching out is exactly what you want them to do.

Furthermore, Mega Venusaur also beats some pure walls to Suicune like Gastrodon and Seismitoad. It doesn't really beat Toxicroak or Volcanion, but Toxicroak is not very common and Volcanion can be checked by Suicune kinda lol. Unaware mons like Clefable and Quagsire can kind of stop a Suicune sweep but get burned or Roared out. Venusaur can still help apply pressure on them with smartly timed switches to prevent them from healing up and make it so Suicune can 1v1 them later. Knock Off in the last slot is huge for removing Chansey's Eviolite (which allows Suicune to annoy it way more) and Heatran's Leftovers. Heatran is kind of an issue just cuz it can Taunt + Toxic but once you Knock it off, Suicune can spam Scald and weaken it then Rest up later on something else.

In return, Suicune checks Talonflame, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Metagross, and Mega Sableye. It also soft checks a ton of physical attackers with Scald which is pretty big for Venu's walling capabilities. Suicune can also switch into pretty much any Keldeo (removing the onus from Venusaur) - SubCM is the only one that threatens your typical Suicune variants but Roar just phazes it out.

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
The Winners:

Infernal's Mega Altaria

bludz's Mega Venusaur

Futatsuiwa of Sado's Ferrothorn
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 54 - Swords Dance + Life Orb Garchomp

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot / Ice Punch

Swords Dance Garchomp struggles with very few defensive pokemon, primarily Unaware mons, Mandibuzz, and Togekiss. Its main checks are offensive threats that outspeed it like Latios, Mega Diancie, and Weavile. Mega Metagross pairs nicely with Garchomp because it checks fast Dragon-types, and Fairy-types, as well as Ice-types like Weavile and Scarf Kyurem-Black with Bullet Punch. Grass Knot can be used to eliminate Quagsire or clean up bulky waters and Ice Punch helps take down things like Physically Defensive Gliscor, Landorus-T, Mandibuzz and Mega Latias somewhat. Yeah basically Garchomp is a nice speedy wallbreaker and Mega Meta helps cover its major weaknesses and acts as a secondary wallbreaker / cleaner. Garchomp can also lure in most of Metagross' checks like Hippowdon, Landorus-T, opposing Garchomps, Slowbro, Rotom-Wash, Skarmory, Alomomola, Gliscor, Mega Scizor, Tangrowth, and Suicune, only to weaken them which sets up Metagross very nicely.

Last edited:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

LO Chomp normally faces the problem of being revenge killed by Dragons, Mega Diancie and other random fast Pokemon. Scarf Jirachi allows you to have a revenge killer that is consistently able switch into Moonblast / Draco Meteors while soft-checking Weavile and Keldeo. Garchomp also helps to defeat the Pokemon which Jirachi dislikes such as Hippowdon, Ferrothorn and Heatran. Healing Wish is really nice in case you get statused or need to play recklessly with Garchomp for some reason.

Last edited:

CoCs Lovechild (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

What does a Dragon hate more then a fairytype? Faster Dragons thats what. Lati's, Scarfed Dragons, Kingdra and Even a Well Played Zard can all potentially revenge or Force chomp out which is The last last thing you need when trying to Sweep. This is Where Clef comes in Absorbing those deadly dragon attacks like there nothing and spreading paralysis or calm minding which lets her beat most pokemon in OU. What does chomp do, Handle the few Threats like metagross and Scizor or Wallbreakers like Nidoking that put insane pressure on the metagame defining fairy. The Coverage and ability to set up on each others checks is what really make this pair stand out

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If CoC's submitting Yellow Magic™ I'll submit some of my own:

Got those black glasses for extra sweg

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam / Foul Play / Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise / Toxic

Klefki is a very solid partner for LO Chomper for a number of reasons. First and foremost, its typing synergises naturally well with Garchomp's--eating up Fairy-, Dragon- and Ice-type attacks in exchange for Chomper eating up Fire-type attacks. Secondly, it lays down Spikes and paralyses faster 'mons that give Garchomp trouble, making its job cleaning and/or wallbreaking that much easier. I'm not usually that keen Magnet Rise as opposed to Toxic, but I opted to slash it this time because it allows Klefki to beat Mamoswine alongside Flash Canon or Foul Play 1v1, which is helpful because otherwise it gives the core a headache. However, Toxic is still a very solid option because it helps weaken stuff like TangBro for Garchomp, making their jobs checking it that little bit harder.

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab / Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

Weavile is a great partner for SD chomp, traps latios / Latias, easily eliminates Landorus-t, and is also capable, through poison jab tackle Clefable (especially if unaware that by problems in Garchomp), another good option is Low kick> poison jab, because Sd Bisharp does considerable damage after a a dance.

Last edited:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / U-turn

The majority of Steel-type Pokemon support Garchomp pretty well, and Mega Scizor is no exception. Mega Scizor can revenge kill or set up on Fairy-types such as Clefable, Togekiss, and non-Hidden Power Fire Mega Diancie. On top of this, it is able to reliable switch into Weavile, Latios, and Latias which are able to revenge kill a weakened Garchomp with ease. Mega Scizor even has the option to run U-turn on Swords Dance sets, proving pivot support which gives Garchomp a lot of free switch ins and opportunities to set up and sweep.
In return, Garchomp's absurd power allows it to break down a lot of Mega Scizor's checks, such as Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Landorus-T, opposing Mega Scizor, and Slowbro. It also checks most Fire-types, such as Heatran and Volcanion (watch for Steam Eruption burns), which can defeat Mega Scizor and can 2HKO Quagsire after any prior damage (maybe from a possible U-turn). Overall, the two form a powerful Swords Dance core that can break down each others checks pretty well.
(Offensive Mega Scizor also does something similar, but defensive is generally better in this core to check Latios and Weavile better)

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

With GK, Thund-I is able to lure in and significantly weaken or kill Pokemon like Hippo and Quag, which Chomp appreciates. In addition, it's able to put a scare in various other defensive Pokemon for Chomp, examples being Slowbro, Togekiss, Skarm, Mandibuzz, and Lando-T. Although capable of putting a good sized dent in most of these Pokemon by itself after an SD, Chomp struggles to do as much versus these Pokemon without a boost under its belt. As such, it appreciates a teammate that can immediately pressure these Pokemon, and Thund-I does the job well.

On the topic of more offensive and faster threats, Thund-I can help Chomp with several. Keldeo is one of them, and with Thunder Wave, Thund-I has the ability to paralyze and slow down other faster threats like Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Lopunny. This is beneficial for Chomp because these Pokemon are all faster and capable of revenge killing it. Having them and other faster threats paralyzed allows Chomp to avoid being revenge killed as easily and to kill these Pokemon by itself with its powerful STAB moves. This support is generally quite useful on the teams LO Chomp is used on frequently, too. Chomp's resistance to rock is another small perk to take advantage of offensively when Scarf users like Lando-T try to revenge kill Thund-I with Stone Edge.

The main thing Chomp does back for Thund-I in return for the above help is weaken Pokemon like Clefable, Mega Altaria, and heavily pressure others like Mega Venusaur and Chansey. Chomp's ability to pressure Ferrothorn is also nice, as this Thundurus-I lacks Focus. With all of this established, we can see how these two form a nice combo to wall break and keep offensive threats in check. An example of this genie being used on a team with LO Chomp is on the well known Mega Slowbro build shown here, where Thund-I's ability to pressure and lure in checks to Chomp and Terrak is put to good use. NP + Thunder Wave Thund-I can do similar things and is alternative in general alongside LO Chomp. Main downside to these two as partners is the shared ice weakness, making things like Weavile really threatening.

Last edited:

Wildcat Formation

flexibly adaptable to the situation
is a Tiering Contributor

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Since Grchomp is SD+3 Attacks, one must find an alternative Stealth Rocker. Heatran fulfills that role. It can weaken bulky Water-types like Slowbro with Toxic. Heatran also switches into Fairies and Lati@s that force out Garchomp. I chose the speedy utility set to take hits better while also checking Mega Scizor, but the Magma Storm set works too.

AV Metagross

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Here we have regular AV Metagross which shares many similiraties with its mega counterpart despite being significantly slower but bulkier, due to the combination of EVs + item.
The latter point is nice because this means it can switch into a Fairy/Ice move which threatens our beloved Garchomp and KO them even with Bullet Punch. Fast Dragon types like Lati@s can be handled effectively with AV + Pursuit.
If you want to pair AV Metagross with SD LO Garchomp, be sure to have Heal Bell/Safeguard support on your team because WoW is really detrimental to both monsters.

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
The Winners:

bludz's Mega Metagross

Random Passerby's Jirachi

Martin.'s Klefki
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 55 - Encore Mega Alakazam

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Reserving Keldeo

one secerooni fam (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is a excellent partner for Mega Zam as it synergizes well both offensively and defensively, dealing with Mega Zor, Bisharp and Weavile, all of which Zam struggles against, especially if it hasn't Mega Evolved, Weavile can successfully trap it. Meanwhile, Zam helps deal with bulky grasses for Keldeo such as Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur and and bulky waters such as Slowbro and Suicune. An alternate set of RestTak Keldeo can be used to cater to the team especially if you are weak to Bisharp and Weavile.​

Last edited:
Bisharp

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

With a Lum Berry, Bisharp helps to improve the match-up against Mega Sableye and status inducers such as Clefable or random Scald burns. Bisharp also pressures Chansey, Jirachi and non-Superpower Mega Scizor which Mega Alakazam dislikes. Bisharp appreciates Mega Alakazam scaring away Fighting-types like Keldeo and Mega Lopunny which checks it. Plus, both Pokemon can wear down Heatran in an attempt to overload it.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Chomp is a nice partner because it's able to punish a good portion of the Pokemon that Mega Zam usually invites in. For example, Scarfers like Lando-T and Jirachi are able to check Mega Zam and threaten it with U-turn. Because of Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin recoil, Chomp is able to punish those two Pokemon for attempting to revenge kill Mega Zam, helping to wear them down quicker. The same applies for other U-turners like AV Torn-T, who Mega Zam appreciates seeing worn down by recoil and SR, which Chomp is a respectable setter of.

In addition to doing these things, Chomp also helps Mega Zam by checking several annoying offensive threats, such as Mega Sciz, Bisharp, and Talon. Other priority users, such as Fake out Mega Lop and Mega Cham, are also included under the category of offensive threats that Chomp is able to punish for trying to kill or chip away at Mega Zam's health. To round things off, Chomp is also able to pressure Pokemon like Mega Sableye and Clefable after a SD. These two Pokemon are nuisances for Mega Zam, and Chomp's ability to lure them in and potentially take away a good chunk of their health with a boosted EQ can help greatly.

All things considered, Chomp does a nice job punishing and softening up a lot of the threats that Mega Zam tends to invite in, all while providing SR to help it grab crucial kills. Given the nature of Mega Zam as a Pokemon, it's not providing much defensive support back. Instead, Mega Zam takes advantage of Chomp's help to clean or sweep teams better in the long run. It's also able to apply pressure on some of the offensive Pokemon capable of threatening Chomp, like Keld and Mega Manec.

Last edited:
This thing is so damn ugly

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide / Iron Head
- Quick Attack
Alakazam really appreciates mons that can weaken some stuff in order to get certain kills that it wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Generally, fast cleaner+insert hard hitting mon here is a really good pair since the strong hitting one can weaken stuff while the fast cleaner picks said stuff off. Terrakion in particular is a really good partner for Alakazam, being able to remove threatening Dark-types like Bisharp (which it would have to 50/50 with Encore), Weavile, Tyranitar etc. Terrakion can even capitalize off of Alakazam's ability to bring in Dark-types/have Dark-type Attacks aimed at it and thus gain a boost to its attack via Justified. Things that CB Terrakion can break through that Alakazam doesn't really like include Chansey, Mew, Togekiss, Mandibuzz, Clefable etc. This thing hits ridiculously hard, with neutral hits and its great STAB coverage. Alakazam can also threaten certain annoying mons to Terrakion like Keldeo (Fighting-types in general). Encore sets in particular can offer Terrakion a free switch-in, which it really enjoys as it doesn't appreciate switching into too many attacks.

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Rotom-w is a very important pivot to protect Alakazam from the priority of azu, Weavile, Scizor, talonflame, also rotom it generates slow momentum that is useful to bring Alakazam the field without problems, more able to weaken and bore walls as jirachi , chansey; It is a great counter for sand rush ExCA, scarf lando-t (who give trouble zam (especially if you rely on the accuracy of focus blast Exca xD)

Last edited:

Landorus-T @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 232 Def / 36 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Defensive Landorus-T is a pretty great partner for Mega Alakazam due to the ton of qualities it bring. First off it offers itself as a pretty great check to the likes of Excadrill, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, etc which all threaten it due to their situational high speed or access to powerful priority. Since this Mega Alakazam is an Encore variant, it offers a nice degree of opportunities for Landorus to set up Stealth Rock or begin to boost and assist it in breaking down bulkier teams. Alternatively, U-turn is a good option as well as it permits Mega Alakazam switch-in opportunities due to somewhat alleviating the issue with it's poor bulk.

SRocker Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Entry hazard support is mandatory for Alakazam to get crucial KOs, particularly Latios after Stealth Rock with Shadow Ball, so Stealth Rock setters such Clefable are greatly appreciated. The speed control in terms of Thunder Wave is always appreciated because enables MZam to outspeed many threats (i.e. crippling Choice Scarfers) and may provide useful free turns to make the sweep easier. Soft-Boiled is for longevity and Moonblast is the Main STAB to deal better vs Darks and Dragons.

A teammate which deals with Steels is mandatory.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)