Pokemon Showdown vs. Wifi Battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and I was just wondering, why people do wifi battles when they could just use Pokemon Showdown. Pokemon Showdown just seems so much more convenient, can you guys enlighten me?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
List of reasons I believe are true:

1: They don't know it exists.
2: The animations on PS are lazy.
3: They like the DS more.
4: They don't want random guys spectating their battle.

This is about all I can think of.

Many people prefer the authenticity of the game to a simulator.
This and also some people enjoy winning with Pokemon that they've put real work and effort into raising, as opposed to Pokemon that they generated on PS! in under five seconds.

I find it more rewarding, so I usually do Wi-Fi.

I just use PS or PO for testing my teams. In my opinion, Wi-Fi is a much more rewarding battle, not because of the fact that I raised my own pokemon, because I find that process just a bit annoying. I think the reason I prefer it is because it looks nicer, it feels better, and it's just more natural to actually, you know, play pokemon on the card rather then on the internet.

i think the main difference is in how it looks; the wifi battle screen does look a lot more authentic and clean

tbh a lot of people don't raise their own pokemon on wifi either

I think people use wi fi because most of the well-known poketubers use it. Oh and btw, oSeasons is a shofu FANBOY. :DDDD I personally prefer Showdown/PO simply cause it's more convienent.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's funny because Ezio is a worse name than Hyperbeem ever was

I feel like (at least for a couple months) Gen 6 is going to have a far larger following on WiFi than on PS simply because it has accurate stats and mechanics. Once we get done with that we'll have more Gen 6 players.

(I should really hop on the Battle Spot meta, no Terrakion/Latios = happy me)

in pokemon showdown i test m pokemon,i mean i give them the same ability same attacks and i test them before i enter in a tournament or something else

scene

Banned deucer.
PS is entirely free and playable anywhere with a computer, as well as being quick to start up and having a wonderful chatroom system to chill out in. It's more like a big community hub where you can battle too, which I like.
Anyway, I can guarantee I wouldn't be messing around with mons if the only way to do it was spend a couple of hundred of whatever currency you please on a 3DS and game. As I'm not big into the storyline or train your own thingies over time aspects, it doesn't really appeal to me either financially or as a use of my time. PS is great in both these ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)