Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
I hope this kind of theorizing is allowed on this thread, if not please feel free to remove.

The Pokédex listings are very interesting and they give us an idea of how is progression around the islands. So I arranged the following images for the second (Akala) and fourth islands.

We're most likely starting in the city on the middle left (where there is a dock) and then moving up towards a ranch. At this point, Mudsdale will be registered in our Ride Pager since the following dexes have this Pokémon. Stoutland only appears on this dex, so it may only be required in this island to progress through crag. On the other hand, Tauros is featured in this and the fourth island's dex.

After this, I suspect we'll go to the water basin area followed by the volcano. The bridge that connects (2) to (6) will probably be under construction and unlocked once we do whatever task there is to do in the volcano.

Another interesting thing to note is that Sharpedo and Lapras both appear on the dex of the fourth island, which may mean that surfing may be a late-game addition. Similarly, Charizard is probably avaialble post-game once you unlock the National Dex.

Now moving to the fourth island. I think that upon arrival at point (1) we'll be given either Lapras or Sharpedo. I'm leaning toward Sharpedo being given first and used to travel to the small island on the left. Once we're done with our mission in point (2,3), Lapras should be added to the Ride Pager and access to point (4) made possible (see supporting screenshot).

It might not be in one consistent location (hence the form change) - but may I ask where you'd put Oricorio? Thanks

The other two Pokemon in the trio are Psychic, so I'm guessing Psychic/Poison. The only other unique secondary option was Bug and Poison doesn't seem like a bad choice a potential embodiment of an event where the sun or moon is blocked.

Something people haven't pointed out (I'm not sure if it's from thinking it's obvious or not enough People playing Zoo Tycoon growing up,) that Shiny Litten being White is probably a reference to the White Bengal Tiger.
'The other two are Psychic'. What makes you so sure?

Last edited by a moderator:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
'The other two are Psychic'. What makes you so sure?
Marshadow seems like the obvious third version alternative to Solgaleo and Lunala, like Rayquaza to Kyogre and Groudon or Kyurem to Zekrom and Reshiram. (Before anyone mentions Zygrade, it probobly would have gotten a game if it weren't for the 20th anniversary.)

Trios so far ether share one type or are all different types. They might change that pattern for this trio, but I think that Psychic/Poison likely to be Marshadow's Typing.

Last edited:

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Marshadow seems like the obvious third version alternative to Solgaleo and Lunala, like Rayquaza to Kyogre and Groudon or Kyurem to Zekrom and Reshiram. (Before anyone mentions Zygrade, it probobly would have gotten a game if it weren't for the 20th anniversary.)

Trios so far ether share one type or are all different types. They might change that pattern for this trio, but I think that Psychic/Poison likely to be Marshadow's Typing.
Oh right, sorry. I kinda misinterpreted that (I thought you were talking about the Tapus for some reason). I see what you're saying.
The thing is though... Marshadow doesn't really look like a Poison type. It's possible, just looks more akin to a Ghost and/or dark type.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed (and I use that term lightly) that we know all of the Alolan forms? For some reason I see people claiming that since we "assume" we know the entire pokedex, that means we also know all of the alolan forms. However, I've looked at the dex info quite a bit and there doesn't seem to be any separation in forms (ex: Raichu is showns as just Raichu, no alolan form mentioned despite it being confirmed). Or am I just reading this wrong?
From what I understand, we've almost certainly seen all the Alolan forms for the 300-or-so Pokémon that are in the Alola Pokédex. It would seem natural that Pokémon that aren't in the Alola Pokédex wouldn't have Alola forms, but that hasn't been confirmed. Personally I'm holding out hope for more Alola forms (or other regional variant forms), though I must admit I'm not optimistic.

From what I understand, we've almost certainly seen all the Alolan forms for the 300-or-so Pokémon that are in the Alola Pokédex. It would seem natural that Pokémon that aren't in the Alola Pokédex wouldn't have Alola forms, but that hasn't been confirmed. Personally I'm holding out hope for more Alola forms (or other regional variant forms), though I must admit I'm not optimistic.
There's always the possibility that they'll be saved for the post-game, ala most of the 4th Gen Evos for older Mons in D/P, but I agree, it is unlikely.

Still, having a post-game bonus island with new Alola Forms would be pretty sweet.

Am I the only one thinking Marshadow might be Fairy/Poison? It's kinda made of smoke, right? We need a Poison legend, right? Fairy/Poison would be new and unique, right? Sure, Normal/Ghost would be fantastic, but still.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure official sources already confirmed that Alolan Formes are for Gen I Pokémon only. I think it was in a recent GameXplain video.

Marshadow screams ghost type for me.

I dont know if someone said this already, but there isnt any pokemon in gen 7 that looks like strange souvenir. The closest i think is marshadow. Maybe it looks like one of the tapu´s shells, or maybe it will still be revealed in a future generation...

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST

I dont know if someone said this already, but there isnt any pokemon in gen 7 that looks like strange souvenir. The closest i think is marshadow. Maybe it looks like one of the tapu´s shells, or maybe it will still be revealed in a future generation...
Ghost OR Dark (Dark more likely, now that I think about it as Lunala is already a ghost). The Chinese leaker also said Marshadow would have a unique dual typing, which I feel a few people have forgotten/overlooked.

My best guess it that it is Ula Ula's Guardian with its shell closed, since the 4 embodiments of Tiki seem to be their inspiration, and those incarnations are depicted as a bird (Tapu Koko), a fish (Poni's guardian), a kūmara aka a sweet potato (Akala's Guardian), and a man, which the Strange Souvenir clearly resmbles, though they seem to be going more bull-like for some reason...

I think my problem with catching UBs is the fact that they have been presented as these strong Boss battles that don't follow the regular rules of the Pokemon world, and that regular Pokemon will have a hard time battling, as shown by the promo images of Tapu battling UB2. It also makes me wonder if this is the case, how the UB might centralize the meta. I know the point of the game is to catch them all, but UBs by definition are not Pokemon and are designed to look very different from Pokemon. I would hate to play and have to use mostly UBs in a Pokemon game. I do hope you can't really use them in battles or there's is some limit of one per team like megas, or anything to try to balance them like they all take super effective damage from z-moves or something.

UBs have dex number and a ball for them, so theyre pokemon. UB1, Beauty and absorption look like pokemon, the others, well, we had quite strange pokemon before. They are more powerfull than regular pokemon, they should have legend stats.

I think my problem with catching UBs is the fact that they have been presented as these strong Boss battles that don't follow the regular rules of the Pokemon world, and that regular Pokemon will have a hard time battling, as shown by the promo images of Tapu battling UB2. It also makes me wonder if this is the case, how the UB might centralize the meta. I know the point of the game is to catch them all, but UBs by definition are not Pokemon and are designed to look very different from Pokemon. I would hate to play and have to use mostly UBs in a Pokemon game. I do hope you can't really use them in battles or there's is some limit of one per team like megas, or anything to try to balance them like they all take super effective damage from z-moves or something.
Mega-Rayquasa wants some friends.

I think my problem with catching UBs is the fact that they have been presented as these strong Boss battles that don't follow the regular rules of the Pokemon world, and that regular Pokemon will have a hard time battling, as shown by the promo images of Tapu battling UB2.
what

none of this has been shown
UB-01 is just shown emerging, so that's nothing

Tapu Koko goes to clash with the UB-02 but then it fades away, with no hint that koko wasn't able to fend them off as some other strong pokemon. The powerset described is in line with most pokemon things aside from Beauty's attraction pheremones working on any gender. Which might not even really be represented in game mechanics, considering female salandit can control males of any species supposedly.
If anything comes from that battle its that Koko succeeded in fending them off, but they were strong. I was going to say unexpectedly but it's likely that's the first time they had seen them. I've suspected that that's actually a flash back and Hala will relay it to us after we encounter UB-01

what

none of this has been shown
UB-01 is just shown emerging, so that's nothing

Tapu Koko goes to clash with the UB-02 but then it fades away, with no hint that koko wasn't able to fend them off as some other strong pokemon. The powerset described is in line with most pokemon things aside from Beauty's attraction pheremones working on any gender. Which might not even really be represented in game mechanics, considering female salandit can control males of any species supposedly.
If anything comes from that battle its that Koko succeeded in fending them off, but they were strong. I was going to say unexpectedly but it's likely that's the first time they had seen them. I've suspected that that's actually a flash back and Hala will relay it to us after we encounter UB-01
When UB2 was first revealed, one of its descriptions in the official site stated that it is able to move faster than lighting or able to dodge lighting, something along those lines. It seems telling that they chose that description when they are revealed by fighting an electric type when they could have only focused on its beauty.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to say this one more time nicely before I start handing out infractions; stop with the theories about the demo being an early version of the game, GF having some master plan to hide pokemon until the official release, or anything of that nature. Feel free to remain in denial till release day if it makes you happy by all means do it but don't derail this thread even more with this stuff. Let's keep the discussion to the things we've gotten from the datamines and sound theories drawn from that information. This is not aimed at any one person and when we get dumps for the actual games and you were right? Congrats to you then but for now stick to what we know.

I'm pretty sure official sources already confirmed that Alolan Formes are for Gen I Pokémon only. I think it was in a recent GameXplain video.
…Yes, but what does that have to do with anything? There are plenty of Gen I Pokémon that aren't in the Alolan Pokédex, and therefore their sprites haven't yet been datamined. It's possible, albeit not so very likely, that some of those might have regional variants in Sun and Moon.

EDIT: Note that this is not some conspiracy theory. Just stating that there could easily be stuff that naturally got scrubbed along with the rest of the National Dex.

EDIT 2: Oh, or maybe you were responding to my mention of "other regional variant forms". I wasn't talking about Alola forms of Gen II-VI Pokémon. I was talking about [Other Region Here] forms of Gen I Pokémon. Like say if they plan to have Sinnoh forms for 4th-gen remakes or some other brand new region for a future 7th-gen game.

Last edited:
When UB2 was first revealed, one of its descriptions in the official site stated that it is able to move faster than lighting or able to dodge lighting, something along those lines. It seems telling that they chose that description when they are revealed by fighting an electric type when they could have only focused on its beauty.
It's really fast. That's all it's saying. Absorbtion doesn't detail that at all, just that it's pretty strong and probably uses its beak to attack things.

This is standard pokedex fare. See also slugma being hotter than the sun, ponyta's hooves being harder than diamonds, any given ghost type pokedex, alakazam's 5000 IQ, etc

e: Shoot the speed seems irrelevant entirely considering UB-02, regardless of which one it is, just decides to roar menacingly and then ram at tapu koko

i dont see why UBs cant be maingame bosses that are basically glorified Totems with all the perks - autobuff, uncatchable, calls in reinforcements - and be relegated to postgame only for catching them with that Aether Ball(name mine, it's not in the datamine).

it doesnt really stop them from being 'threats' as advertised. the fact that they need a unique pokeball also points to them being not-pokemon that, well, function as pokemon anyway. so they're the same, but different... but still same.

sidenote: does anyone else find it crazy that humans in the pokemon world took a short look at these UBs, presumably tried to catch them with pokeballs, failed.... and decided they really wanted them to the point that they made compatible capturing devices anyway? that's pretty hardcore.

Last edited:

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is it confirmed that the only mythical so far is Maegarna? In that case, it's possible that Marshadow is the pre-evolution to the third member of the featured legendary trio for this generation, with the evolved form being accessible as a future mythical event (ie. Shaymin Sky).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)