Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that this thread has only about 3 different people posting on it. I'd just like to let you know, if you want any Pokémon concepts based on certain abilities or moves I can make a concept for them just not the art for them, I'm not that good at pixel art. I can provide a rough description of them though, for anyone who is good at making sprites. In the meantime I can help out with movesets, and I'm open for any suggestions on how to improve the ones I
submit ;)
Cool! Thanks for joining!

Ok, so first off, let's get some moves for Crystibi and Crystibal. These are just some starting ideas for them, I'll set up a formal move list later:

Foresight- Being like a fortune teller's psychic ball, this, along with the next few moves make sense for them.
Mind Reader- Fits along with the fortune teller theme.
Future Sight- Fits along with the fortune teller theme.
Destiny Bond- Fortune tellers have to do with futures and the future has to do with one's destiny, so there.
Trick/Trick Room/Power Trick- Just like it is to actually believe a fortune teller :P
Confuse Ray/Confusion- Like some fortunes cause
Wonder Room/Magic Room- If you have one room, then you may as well have the others.
Psychic Terrain- If we are going to include gen 7 moves, then this will fit for a more Mystical terrain
Rollout- It is a rock, that can most likely roll, logic takes place here
Rock Throw/Rock Blast- The Pokémon can use it's psychic powers to lift other rocks and throw them
Ice Ball/Gyro Ball/Rollout/Shadow Ball- These moves have something to do with a ball, which fits the fact that it is a ball
Psychic/Psyshock/Psywave- Most Psychic types have these moves.
Dazzling Gleam- As a crystal, this is somewhat expected
Tackle- Common move
Body Slam/Pound- More common moves
Harden- Makes sense for a rock
Refresh- Has a psychic vibe to it
Tri-Attack- This Pokémon seems fit for it

Well that's what I could think of for now. If there was anything that you wanted for it, then feel free to tell me.

Last edited:
Ok, so first off, let's get some moves for Crystibi and Crystibal. These are just some starting ideas for them, I'll set up a formal move list later:

Foresight- Being like a fortune teller's psychic ball, this, along with the next few moves make sense for them.
Mind Reader- Fits along with the fortune teller theme.
Future Sight- Fits along with the fortune teller theme.
Destiny Bond- Fortune tellers have to do with futures and the future has to do with one's destiny, so there.
Trick/Trick Room/Power Trick- Just like it is to actually believe a fortune teller :P
Confuse Ray/Confusion- Like some fortunes cause
Wonder Room/Trick Room- If you have one room, then you may as well have the others.
Psychic Terrain- If we are going to include gen 7 moves, then this will fit for a more Mystical terrain
Rollout- It is a rock, that can most likely roll, logic takes place here
Rock Throw/Rock Blast- The Pokémon can use it's psychic powers to lift other rocks and throw them
Ice Ball/Gyro Ball/Rollout/Shadow Ball- These moves have something to do with a ball, which fits the fact that it is a ball
Psychic/Psyshock/Psywave- Most Psychic types have these moves.
Dazzling Gleam- As a crystal, this is somewhat expected
Tackle- Common move
Body Slam/Pound- More common moves
Harden- Makes sense for a rock
Refresh- Has a psychic vibe to it
Tri-Attack- This Pokémon seems fit for it

Well that's what I could think of for now. If there was anything that you wanted for it, then feel free to tell me.
This is great. I'll work on fleshing it out a bit more, but this is very well thought out. Thank you.
I think that it should probably get skill swap, entrainment, roleplay, wide guard, light screen, reflect, follow me, after you, assist, Barrier, Baton Pass, Conversion, Conversion 2, Crafty Shield, Detect, Encore, Foresight, Gravity, Grudge, Guard Split, Guard Swap, Heal Block, Heal Pulse, Healing Wish, Wish, Hypnosis, Lucky Chant, Meditate, Memento, Miracle Eye, Mind Reader, Power Trick, Power Swap, Power Split, Psych-up, Psycho Shift,
Just becuase Status is great.

Last edited:
This is great. I'll work on fleshing it out a bit more, but this is very well thought out. Thank you.
I think that it should probably get skill swap, entrainment, roleplay, wide guard, light screen, reflect, follow me, after you, assist, Barrier, Baton Pass, Conversion, Conversion 2, Crafty Shield, Detect, Encore, Foresight, Gravity, Grudge, Guard Split, Guard Swap, Heal Block, Heal Pulse, Healing Wish, Wish, Hypnosis, Lucky Chant, Meditate, Memento, Miracle Eye, Mind Reader, Power Trick, Power Swap, Power Split, Psych-up, Psycho Shift,
Just becuase Status is great.
I completely forgot about some of those moves. :P(Even when looking through every move in the game) Afterall, mind reader also fits with the fortune teller theme

Anyways, I should be able to get the formal movelist up tomorrow night ;)

Updated my latest post to bring you the moveset for....

Hyperat!

Hyperat is imo one of the best new concepts, and I tried to play to that (like giving it Rock Wrecker from breeding to take advantage of Hasty)

Ok then, here we go:
Start: Power Ball (Move Reminder)
Start: Future Sight
Start: Miracle Eye
Start: Rollout
5: Tackle
7: Psywave
8: Rock Throw
11: Foresight
13: Harden
13: Body Slam
17: Confusion
18: Trick
20: Reflect
20: Light Screen
22: Confuse Ray
23: Future Sight
23: Miracle Eye
25: Shadow Ball
28: Hypnosis
30: Rock Blast
33: Refresh
35: Power Trick
38: Trick Room
38: Magic Room
38: Wonder Room
40: Destiny Bond
44: Cosmic Power
47: Ice Ball
50: Curse
55: Power Ball
67: Power Swap
67: Power Split

Protect
Toxic
Hidden Power
Rest
Attract
Captivate
Double Edge
Mimic
Bide
Curse
Endure
Natural Gift
Secret Power
Return
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam
Light Screen
Safeguard
Psychic
Reflect
Sludge Wave
Energy Ball
Gyro Ball
Psych Up
Dream Eater
Dark Pulse

Breeding Group(s): Mineral
Zap Cannon: Nosepass, Probopass
Stealth Rock: Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Onix, Steelix, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Dwebble, Crustle
Charge Beam: Voltorb, Electrode
Amnesia: Trubbish, Garbodor
Mist: Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe
Crafty Shield: Klefki
Power Ball: Crystibi, Crystibal

Pain Split
Skill Swap
Trick
Iron Defense
Stealth Rock
Icy Wind

Start: Power Ball (Move Reminder)
Start: Future Sight
Start: Miracle Eye
Start: Rollout
38: Trick Room
38: Magic Room
38: Wonder Room
43: Destiny Bond
48: Cosmic Power
50: Ice Ball
55: Curse
60: Power Ball
80: Power Swap
83: Power Split
100: Power Burst

Protect
Toxic
Hidden Power
Rest
Attract
Captivate
Double Edge
Mimic
Bide
Curse
Endure
Natural Gift
Secret Power
Return
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam
Light Screen
Safeguard
Psychic
Reflect
Sludge Wave
Energy Ball
Gyro Ball
Psych Up
Dream Eater
Dark Pulse

Breeding Group(s): Mineral
Zap Cannon: Nosepass, Probopass
Stealth Rock: Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Onix, Steelix, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Dwebble, Crustle
Charge Beam: Voltorb, Electrode
Amnesia: Trubbish, Garbodor
Mist: Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe
Crafty Shield: Klefki
Power Ball: Crystibi, Crystibal

Tackle
Psywave
Rock Throw
Foresight
Harden
Body Slam
Confusion
Trick
Reflect
Light Screen
Confuse Ray
Future Sight
Miracle Eye
Shadow Ball
Hypnosis
Rock Blast
Refresh
Power Trick

Level up Crystibi to Lvl 38(+) knowing future sight.

The reason I included an evolution method was just since it wasn't included on the sheet you had with all of the pokemon. ;)

Also, I may edit this if I notice that I forgot something

Last edited:
So currently I'm working on making some horrible concept sprites for a Narwhal Pokémon (yes, once I finish them I will submit them) and currently it's body is blue. I do feel that this is a bit bland, so do you guys have any ideas on what other colors I could use for the body's main color? (Just please, don't say gray :P)

Also, sorry for the double post.

So currently I'm working on making some horrible concept sprites for a Narwhal Pokémon (yes, once I finish them I will submit them) and currently it's body is blue. I do feel that this is a bit bland, so do you guys have any ideas on what other colors I could use for the body's main color? (Just please, don't say gray :P)

Also, sorry for the double post.
Actually, If you are referring to the starter Pokemon Narwhal, The Basic Pokemon has a short Ice Horn (I know It's a tooth, I don't care), The second evolution has ice crystal like flippers and tail which are rough, with small ice shards and stuff. The final evolution has a large icicle for a horn, with some of the roughness of the second evolution, but its body is now entirely crystalline like an ice sculpture.

Actually, If you are referring to the starter Pokemon Narwhal, The Basic Pokemon has a short Ice Horn (I know It's a tooth, I don't care), The second evolution has ice crystal like flippers and tail which are rough, with small ice shards and stuff. The final evolution has a large icicle for a horn, with some of the roughness of the second evolution, but its body is now entirely crystalline like an ice sculpture.
I didn't even know that you already had a Narwhal as a starter. What I was planning to do was make a two stage Pokémon line with the final evolution having a more drill-like horn. It's typing would've been Water/Steel. If you want I can still submit this to have two Narwhal Pokémon in this pet mod :P

I didn't even know that you already had a Narwhal as a starter. What I was planning to do was make a two stage Pokémon line with the final evolution having a more drill-like horn. It's typing would've been Water/Steel. If you want I can still submit this to have two Narwhal Pokémon in this pet mod :P
I really like the idea, but it is a little too similar. If you can make it into a not narwhal, It would be pretty cool though.

I really like the idea, but it is a little too similar. If you can make it into a not narwhal, It would be pretty cool though.
Well I don't think I can use the drill idea for anything else, but I can try working out another one of my ideas in all ;P
Just curious, do you already have an Armadillo Pokemon?

Last edited:
Actually, that's another starter. I kind of feel bad now.
XD
If it's a completely different typing, would it work? (I have an idea on using the Pink Fairy Armadillo, making it Ground/Fairy, making it a never used typing)

And yes, the Pink Fairy Armadillo is actually an animal.

Ras, how about an insect with a drill? Bug/Ground is pretty rare typing and I pretty sure we don't have that yet
One problem, I may be ok at pixel art, but I can't draw bugs for the life of me :P

Last edited:
XD
If it's a completely different typing, would it work? (I have an idea on using the Pink Fairy Armadillo, making it Ground/Fairy, making it a never used typing)

And yes, the Pink Fairy Armadillo is actually an animal.

One problem, I may be ok at pixel art, but I can't draw bugs for the life of me :P
I could do the pixel art for you if you want me too, and the pink fairy armadillo sounds pretty cool.

I could do the pixel art for you if you want me too, and the pink fairy armadillo sounds pretty cool.
I was able to make a concept design. In my opinion, it has been the best I've made. Although, it still would need a sprite. Currently I call it Armidairy(Armadillo+Fairy) but if you have any better names, go ahead =P

EDIT: I realized that you meant pixel art for the bug. That can do as well.
EDIT #2: Fixed up the picture a bit to get rid of graphical errors(just a few missing black pixels around the rocks)

Last edited:
I was able to make a concept design. In my opinion, it has been the best I've made. Although, it still would need a sprite. Currently I call it Armidairy(Armadillo+Fairy) but if you have any better names, go ahead =P

EDIT: I realized that you meant pixel art for the bug. That can do as well.
It is ridiculously cute. Is this going to have any evolutions, because I kind of hope it has one so that I can use this with eviolite.
The only other name I can think of is Armymph, after Armadillo and nymph, or maybe pixoarma. (Pixie and Armadillo).
I have some Ideas for its stats, hoping its a fast defensive Pokemon. (Maybe Prankster, Sand Rush, Marvel Scale)?

If evolves:
Hp:50
Atk:45
Def:90
Spa:45
Spd:90
Spe:80

If Not:
Hp:72
Atk:50
Def:112
Spa:50
Spd:112
Spe:95

I haven't decided on an evolution for it yet or not. I'm not sure how well I'd do at it's design. But, I can see what I can do

Also for abilities, I agree on sand rush, but was also thinking of fur coat (since these guys actually have fur) and then I would also pull out another ability that would somewhat make sense for it.

Last edited:
I was thinking about adding a new feature to revamp some old Pokemon, kind of like a mega or an Alolan forme.
I think it would be pretty cool if they came from costumes, like a mardi gras sort of thing. (Also I'm Leaning towards the generation taking place in Lousiana.)
Does anyone else like this Idea?

I was thinking about adding a new feature to revamp some old Pokemon, kind of like a mega or an Alolan forme.
I think it would be pretty cool if they came from costumes, like a mardi gras sort of thing. (Also I'm Leaning towards the generation taking place in Lousiana.)
Does anyone else like this Idea?
Perhaps make it more than just Louisiana? Like perhaps inckude Texas, Missippi and Arakansas too, just so you have some diversity in the terrain.

So I tried drawing an evolution, making it completely outside of the ground, but I just couldnt make it look good. Could you possibly try drawing the evolution?

Also, for your costume idea, what exactly do you mean by pokemon coming from costumes? Do you mean having them as alternate forms or...?

So I tried drawing an evolution, making it completely outside of the ground, but I just couldnt make it look good. Could you possibly try drawing the evolution?

Also, for your costume idea, what exactly do you mean by Pokemon coming from costumes? Do you mean having them as alternate forms or...?
I mean as in like the Pokemon having an alternate form based on an item, one for each type, and then certain Pokemon would be able to use certain items to put on a costume and gain a few stats and different abilities.

IE: A Vampire Pyroar, with a red and black mane and longer fangs and such. It would become more physical, slower, and more defensive while gaining the dark typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)