Porygon-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

#474 Porygon-Z

Normal

85/80/70/135/75/90

Download: The user gets a stat boost based on the opponents defenses.

Adaptability: STAB moves get a boost in power

Analytic (DW) moves get a 1.3x boost when porygon-z moves last.

Notable moves:
nasty plot
agility
tri attack
dark pulse
hidden power
thunderbolt
ice beam
trick

Sets:

Choice:

Porygon-Z W/Choice specs/scarf
Timid/modest
Adaptability
Evs: 4hp 252spatck 252spe
Tri attack
Dark Pulse
Hp fighting
Trick/thunderbolt

Porygon-z's "I want to be an offensive juggernaut without setting up" set, Scarf allows you to outspeed the metagame whlie spes allows you to hit like a truck, Adaptability boosted tri attack should be your main move, the rest are for coverage. Trick allows you to cripple walls that might want to switch in, while thunderbolt allows you to hit pokemon such as blastoise harder.

Agility:

Porygon-Z W/life orb
Modest
Download
Evs: 132hp 252spatck 128spe
Agility
tri attack
ice beam
Dark pulse/hp fighting

this set utilizes agility to make P-Z harder to revenge, it also utilizes download. because download boosted tri attack is actually stronger than adaptability boosted tri attack, and to power up your other moves as well, really just spam tri attack. The rest are for coverage. pretty interesting set.

Nasty plot:

Porygon-Z W/life orb
Modest/timid
Adaptability
Evs: 4hp 252spatck 252spe
Nasty plot
Tri attack
Dark pulse
Hp fighting

more to come later

Anyways, Discuss

This things a boss and always rapes face as soon as Munchlax/Clefable/Ferroseed is gone.

I really don't know whether Adaptability or Download is better though. On one hand, with adaptability, your Tri Attack will always do obscene amounts of damage, but if you get a download boost....oh gawd..

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A download boost is more useful on the agility set, while adaptability should be used otherwise IMO

A download boost is more useful on the agility set, while adaptability should be used otherwise IMO
Wouldn't a pseudo DoubleDancer set be viable?
With Agility|NP|Tri Attack|Tbolt/Ice Beam.
Tbolt takes care of the things that resist Tri Attack, though type wise, you'd be walled by Rhyperior (to be moved to RU) and Rhydon. Ice Beam is if you don't want them to wall you, but being walled by all Steels barring Ferroseed is something of note. Just an idea. I love NP Adapatability Porygon Z the most, though. Also, this was just thought up in a few minutes, so I need to test it first.

Unlike Terrakion (where you got the Double Dancer idea, amiright?), Porygon-Z can't really take too many hits, so its already hard enough for it to set up one NP/ Agility, I find it hard to set up both, but if you can, I'd go with Ice Beam.

Unlike Terrakion (where you got the Double Dancer idea, amiright?), Porygon-Z can't really take too many hits, so its already hard enough for it to set up one NP/ Agility, I find it hard to set up both, but if you can, I'd go with Ice Beam.
Also stated in the Double Dancer set for Terrakion, you set up one move depending on your opponent's team. If it's stall based, use NP. If it's HO, use Agility. Just make sure priority users are dead in case of the latter.

This things a boss and always rapes face as soon as Munchlax/Clefable/Ferroseed is gone.
It beats all 3 of them fairly easily. Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z 3HKO's munchlax meanwhile Munchlax barley 2HKO's back.

A double "dance" set isn't really worth it on Porygon-Z since it can usually only survive 1 hit a game. Agility downlaod is really good as long as you come in on a pokemon you get a SAtk+ boost from and that can't really hurt you.

I found Specs the best set because the other sets had trouble setting up other then on specific opponents and Specs Porygon-Z just ripped through teams. I personally liked it better then Specs TL Yanmega even though it could barley switch in.

I know this sounds a bit noobish, but perhaps a Hyper Beam to be incorporated.

I use this set

Porygon@Eject Button
252 SpeAttack, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Jolly
Adabtability

-Hyper Beam
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Bolt
- Dark Pulse/ Psychic

So basically you fire off a powerful Hyper Beam. If it some how survives most likely due to a focus sash you can eject and bring in a priority move user to finish the job.

I know this is really gimmicky but get me results :)

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Two Tri Attacks hit harder than one hyper beam, and don't leave you sitting around for a turn. Best case scenario it's a 50/50 trade, worst case scenario they switch in a resist and finish you off the next turn. Hyper Beam isn't so much stronger than a specs/lo boosted tri attack to warrant its use, because giving away a free turn really is bad. Especially with no boosting item of your own.

It beats all 3 of them fairly easily. Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z 3HKO's munchlax meanwhile Munchlax barley 2HKO's back.
Munchlax can PP stall you incredibly easily, as it can easily just Rest of the first 2 Tri Attacks, then either Sleep Talk for damage/phazing or purposely not to stall out Tri Attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)