PorygonZ trait & nature..

Right, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to just ask for this,
or if I have to make an entire discussion thread [Which I don't think is needed,
considering the time the last one was made]

So anyways, I need to know what is the one I should pick:
Modest with Download
Modest with Adaptive
Timid with Adaptive
Timid with Download

Right. As for the item, I don't want a AScarf/Glasses one,
so it's either Lifeorb or filler.

So in short, I need an ENTIRE set for it.
I'm leaning more towards the third option, with 252/252/6,
Scheme/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Tri-Attack @ Life Orb

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really like Adaptive, because Download is kind of chancy, while Adaptive is pretty much a straight-up boost on your best move.

As far as natures go... Modest is probably better. Modest may give you the boost you need to take down a stubborn Blissey, which is notable. You can try to beat some neutral 100s (or Adamant Gablias), but I think those might be rare compared to Advance. It's really up to you, though.

You see, I'm kinda iffy about him being slower with his defenses,
and max speed will let him go before Adamant/Modest Salamence,
and max speed Gyarados.]

Bah, I may just get 2 exp shares more and EV train them all at the same time,
although I think I'm settled on Adaptive.
[Which would mean I can start training right now..]

PorygonZ @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Adaptive
EVs: 216 Atk / 80 SAtk / 216 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Return
- Scheme
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

EV spread yields 311 HP/250 Attack/176 Defense/358 Special Attack/167 Special Defense/270 Speed

Max special attack + Adaptive + Scheme + Life Orb + Hyper Beam will OHKO Blissey. Cool. Except PorygonZ is now a sitting robo-duck for the likes of Heracross and Infernape to finish in one hit. Here's a less risky way to kill the fat pink blob and allow PorygonZ and your other special sweepers to run riot.

Return does 53 - 63% to Blissey and a Schemed Tri Attack will do 51 - 60%. You'll want to hit Blissey on the switch to avoid being hit with a Thunder Wave. Neutral Tri Attack also out damages a super effective Ice Beam/Thunderbolt unless it's 4x effective, of course.

Schemed Tri Attack does 94 - 100% to Skarmory, so you can just stick a Life Orb on if you're not concerned about recoil and want a guaranteed OHKO. Stealth Rock support will finish it off.

I really like this set, even though no one else seems to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)