Research Pre-determined Gen 3 Roulette?

Something very interesting just happened to me, which leads me to believe the Roulette in Mauville Game Corner in gen 3 could be RNG manipulated. I doubt anyone still cares (or ever did) about this but I don't know how to go into more depth with research. I also didn't know if this was the correct place to post this but Ruins of Alph didn't seem appropriate either.

The thing in question would normally have a chance of 1 in 422 billion of occuring (12*11*10*9*8*7)^2. I had the same 6 roulette results twice in a row. After noticing the first 3 were the same, I managed to get the jackpot for the last 3 because I knew what they were. Which leads me to believe there are a significantly smaller amount of pre-determined results.

They may be influenced by OT, Trainer Personality Values or RNG frames but I find it very difficult to believe this would happen if each roulette result was on-the-fly RNG. I don't know where to start if I wanted to attempt to prove this, however.

I had started recording my results in a spreadsheet and can get slightly better results looking at how they landed in the past, but this is just advanced probability (with regards to balls landing where another ball already is) and an exact copy has not happened a second time yet, so I may have just been extremely lucky. Yay for a free 108 coins.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)