[Pre-Pokébank] Roserade squad... has lost Roserade.

The first idea of this team was to use two Shiny Pokémon I caught with good nature and IV : Calm Roserade and Calm Florges. Even if they both stand as special walls and are encoutering issues against Poison-type Pokémon. Toxic spikes from Roserade helps a lot Florges which is not status inducer.

Generally, starters are either Roserade or Tyrantrum depending on what is the most useful between Stealth rock and Toxic spikes. However, if i can predict opponent's starter to be Klefki or Skarmory, I start with Rotom.

------>

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
Tries to toxic spikes if needed. Very useful for Rotom-W and for what I tested so far, he's doing his job pretty well. Toxic spikes are very helpful when Florges has to stall. I prefer running Sludge bomb instead of a better coverage move because it does a fair amount of damage. Fire HP could be good for annoying steel types and for hitting a bit poison types but I intend to use my shiny Roserade IG and Sludge bomb is better than Psychic HP. I tried Dazzling but it has not been that useful... Leech Seed and Giga Drain provide a good way to keep alive and Natural cure makes him a very good Status absorber (Combined with Florges, It is rare that my team suffer from status). I love Grass-type of Roserade to set toxic spikes when I have to face a Spore user like Smeargle.

[Roserade has been replaced by Trevenant. Kangaskhan as other fighting sweepers were too annoying for my team and Trevenant is pretty good to cripple and spinblock.]

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Shadow Claw
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
I use it as a cleric to heal my team members and her Spe defence is really awesome. She's able to deal with some dragons too. Moonblast is a powerful STAB attack which can deal a fair amount of damage. I use Aromatherapy a lot to give a second chance to my Team members and it's really pleasant. She's able to stand physical attacks because of her good defensive type but of course she can't stall really long...

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect
My fire power to intimidate some steel Pokémon. My only Pokémon able to deal with ground attacks when Excadrill's balloon is gone but opponent's Excadrill is really annoying. Two moves to cripple some Physical sweepers which are really bad for my team. Protect is in case Toxic spikes are set for example but I have to say that I didn't really know what to use as fourth move. I chose a defensive EV repartition because he's generally dealing with physical attackers. I don't know if a more offensive Rotom could be interesting. He's the one to get rid of Aegislash and Scizor and Will-o-Wisp instead of Overheat screw them up if they switch or king shield. He's the only to be able save me when that damn Drought Charizard Y is here.

------>

Tyrantrum @ Focus sash (maybe Life orb but I do want safe Stealth rock)
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
My Stealth rock setter. He's not sobad but I think hes the weakest mon of the team... I would like to find another Stealth rock Pokémon but I have no idea... maybe Tyranitar which has good bulk and can get rid of Calm minder Espeon.

[Tyrantrum has been replaced by Tyranitar. Tyrantrum has too many weaknesses and even if Tyranitar has a big fighting weakness, Tyranitar does not stand fighting attacks neither. Fire blast enables to surprises some Ferrothorn, Cizayox and Skarmory. Purusit to deal with Gengar (if he does not Focus blast after my sash gone...) or Espeon but it is not that useful.]

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
A basic set for Excadrill without sandstorm. My only reliable physical power but quite slow... like every member of my team :/ He rapid spins when my Rotom is bothered by Stealth rock and when Spikes are set. Toxic spikes are generally absorbed by Roserade. I may give more Speed investment to outspeed opponent's Excadrill.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
Special sweeper able to deal with a looot of Pokémon (If I do not forget Mega-evolving). He's one of my last trick when I don't know what to do because he has good bulk and an awesome neutral and super effective coverage (Except Azumarill). I prefered Scald than Water pulse because burn helped me a lot when opponent was switching.
Electrik and Grass-type Pokémon are mainly special and are easily walled by Roserade or Florges when Roserade is K.O.

I did several battles with this team and I'm staying at 1500+ level. I encountered a lot of Physical sweepers team doing a lot of damage to my team. I especially hate Lucario and other Fighting-type Pokémon that my Florges is not able to face.

If you have any ideas to reduce some flaws I'd be glad to hear you ;)

Last edited:
I would recommend using gastrodon over roserade as it is also a special wall, but can easily check all rotom-wash lacking HP grass, which is exceedingly rare, and its earth power deals with aegislash, who might give your team some problems.

Gastrodon does not bring so much more than Roserade. I don't think Gastrodon's assets could replace Toxic spikes. However, I did replace by Roserade because of MEGA KANGASKHAN ! Mega Kanga was wrecking my team so bad. Trevenant is really good to cripple Kanga, Diggersby and many Physical threats. I do like forfeits happening when Kanga is burnt :) I did also trade Tyrantrum for Tyranitar which is doing pretty good with Fire blast.

My still remains really slow. Eventhough they're pretty bulky, when a sweeper is set up... I'm having a bad time. Mega Heracross is quite rare but so horrible for my team... Just cannot do anything...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)