(Pre-pokebank OU) Hyper-Offensive team

This was the team, tried and tested I've used on Pokemon Showdown! for the past few weeks. Wins 80% of the time.

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Echoed Voice
- Calm Mind

Lead - This is usually my first choice for my lead position. Given that I have some great targets with beautiful coverage, I'll usually start by Calm minding for a couple turns. The opponent will either set up hazards or buff themselves. Unless its a DDancer, I'm not worried. If they're setting up SR, Volcarona is a no-go target. Ferrothorn will usually see a Focus Blast from my Scarfed Gardevoir. Echoed Voice is a really good move to have on Sylveon. Working well with the Calm Mind moveslot, this attack not only takes opponents by surprise, but it also takes them down. If given ample time to build up, Echoed Voice can sweep 4-6 mons per team (Usually doesn't get that bad, though, but it has!). Wish is there for some support, seeing as there are no real walls here to take hits and no real form of recovery.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy / Parental Bond
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Return
-Substitute
-Power-up Punch
Physical Sweeper - Mega Kangaskhan is a very effective sweeper. 'Nuff Said. Also Sucker Punch is great against Aegislash when timed properly, and Power Up Punch raises my attack while also dealing decent amounts of damage. Kangaskhan is an effective wallbreaker, getting through Substitute and focus sash.

Volcarona (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Special Sweeper - Not only is he really powerful, but he synergizes nice with Sylveon, being an optimal target for a pass. Very vulnerable to SR, so best to deal with that before it happens. Lack of a rapid spinner means you have to think on your toes the very first turn of the match, utilizing Blaziken to deal with Skarmory and Ferrothorn, two of the most common Hazard Leads. STAB Bug buzz and Fiery Dance deal massive damage with the former gaining a bonus from Swarm if it gets that low, and the latter having a chance to boost your SpA higher. Why Hidden Power [Grass]? Deals with Rock, Ground and Water types. As long as I can outspeed them, I have the utility to take care of my checks.

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast

Revenge Killer - Great coverage, above-average SpA, and decent speed make Gardevoir a pretty effective Sweeper. STAB Moonblast hard-counters Dragons and the rest deal with threats against my team. Since Gyarados will obviously be a problem for my Blazekin and Volcarona, T-Bolt was a great option here over Psychic/Psyshock. Being choice scarfed, and set out for revenge, this is a Hit-and-run pokemon. Usually making it's OHKO's and 2HKO's and then immediately switching out (Usually to Aegislash for its natural bulk).

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- X-Scissor

Physical Sweeper #2 - Haxorus, while overly hyped upon its release turned out to be not as threatening as it's base 147 attack would have you believe, still proves to be a threat in the OU Meta. It is for this reason I have chosen to run it. And as something a little unpredictable, too. A Fairy Counter. The way this guy is used is he switches in on something it can most likely decimate, forcing the opponent to switch out to a fairy to absorb my would-be Dragon Claw. Instead it gets a Poison Jab to the face and it's down, and I'm free to sweep whatever doesn't resist the Jab. It's an odd strategy, but I feel it's an effective one.

Aegislash (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 126 Def / 126 SDef

Brave Nature
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Physical Bulk, the King's Blade - Easily my favorite pokemon from Gen VI. When used effectively, this pokemon becomes almost unstoppable. King's shield protects from damage while also lowering the Attack Stat of opponents who make contact, so it's best used on Physical Attackers. This pokemon always wants to go second, absorbing damage then retaliating. Basically, when used correctly, this thing has better Base Stats than Arceus. (150Atk/150Def/150SpA/150SpD). I choose to run a Physical set over Mixed because of Swords Dance. That 150/150 bulk means I can survive at least that first hit, allowing me to +2 my attack easily. Next turn, Shadow Claw or Sacred Sword and the turn after back to shield forme with a King's Shield. This pokemon requires a certain skill and knowledge of the enemy to play, I believe. All in all it takes care of MeGengar pretty easily and other ghost types, as well as plenty of others that don't resist the Sword.

Let me know what you guys think. I haven't assessed my checks and counters or how I intend to deal with them, but so far anything that has posed a threat has had a way to be dealt with. If there's any advice you may have, let me know. This was going to be for OU but MeBlaziken might come out for MeLucario.

I feel like the Air Balloon is a bit of a waste on the Volcarona. The two common pre-bank ground types (Excadrill and Hippowdon) are checkable with your set. If you've Danced or passed into it, it's got enough power to break through and hit hard. I'd say run LO to sweep everything in your way.

Personally I feel that you team is sorely lacking any sort of priority, and with the weakness policy boost I'm sure +2 Shadow Sneak will wreck things just as nicely as Shadow Claw. Shadow sneak gives you a chance to kill something, without having to take more damage (even though Aegislash is good at taking hits it can really only take so much..) and still be able to switch into kings shield next turn. I think this will bump up its sweeping potential and allow you to kill Gengars much more easily, and to a lesser extent Scarf Chandelures that want to OverHeat you to death.

Tested out both of your suggestions, and you guys are right. The Shadow Sneak helped me out in a tight situation. Although in earlier testing, Shadow Sneak just didn't do it for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)